[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a purpose to the genocide route other than being grimdark
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: undertale.png (703 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
undertale.png
703 KB, 1280x1024
Is there a purpose to the genocide route other than being grimdark edgy bullshit and the Sans fight that's hidden behind the grimdark edgy bullshit?
>>
>>321163857
The purpose is ERADICATE XENOS SCUM
>>
>>321163857
Nope.
>>
>>321163857
The Undyne fight. More lore. Creepy pasta factor. Completion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBf6BjdEPjs
>>
>>321163857
What's the purpose of playing video games?
Fucking undermeme posters, I swear.
>>
>>321164029
This argument can be used to justify anything retarded in any video game ever made, retard.
>>
>>321164313
Exactly. That's the whole point.
There's only as much "purpose" as the player gives it.
>>
>>321164376
>look mom, I just discovered nihilism!
Cool for you, I guess.
>>
>>321163857
Dialogue changes and the 2 improved boss fights
Don't underestimate the dialogue changes, they allow you to see every facet of the main characters
>>
>>321163857
I dont know how you missed it but Undertale was trying to explore the motivation behind player choice in rpgs. The pacifist and genocide routes flat out stated what the motivation for most people would be in a blind run

Although, genocide is ruined for almost everyone because most people do a genocide run to fight Sans or to see the rest of the game instead of trying to grind for exp
>>
>>321163857
It's a consequence driven game, there has to be a 100% bad end too.
If your problem is why is the game so different when you're 100% bad then you're complaining about one of the best things about the game.
>>
>better gameplay
>completely different bits of the story
>it really put the whole "grinding to become more powerful" aspect of RPGs in perspective.
beating the genocide bosses was way more fufilling than anything in the pacifist run.
wasnt even trying to be edgy, the fights are just more enjoyable
>>
>>321164029
I think he's asking because the genocide run requires a shitload of boring grinding.
>>
>>321168793
the grinding is fast as fuck
i got through the entire genocide run in like an hour and a half.
most of that was undyne and sans
>>
File: tumblr_nz9wlaDVV71qe6ix6o1_1280.jpg (318 KB, 956x1280) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nz9wlaDVV71qe6ix6o1_1280.jpg
318 KB, 956x1280
You should totally play this if you enjoy;
-Earthbound/Mother/similar genre of old school RPG's
-Amazing soundtracks
>internet references
-Severe emotional trauma
-Crippling paranoia about everything you've done and will potentially do in your miserable span of existence

TL;DR made me an emotional sobbing mess, so all in all 10 outta 10 would delete my biological save file and experience this all over again.
>>
>>321165834
Learning how ridiculously pure Papyrus is when I one shot him felt harsh as fuck
>>
File: 1392544758413.png (88 KB, 1305x892) Image search: [Google]
1392544758413.png
88 KB, 1305x892
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.