[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Oddities in vidya
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 1373021424.png (253 KB, 438x295) Image search: [Google]
1373021424.png
253 KB, 438x295
>find a key item
>game asks you if you would like to take it
>sudden Yes/No prompt

I've never understood this. Why would anyone say no to picking up an important item? What's the point? Why wouldn't you say yes everytime? I don't think I've ever seen a situation in a game where saying no to picking up an item is actually a good thing unless your inventory in the game was limited but if your inventory was full, you wouldn't have been given the Yes/No prompt in the first place.

Can you imagine if a Mario game asked you every single time you touched a Mushroom if you wanted to pick it up?
>>
>Key that takes up extremely limited inventory space
>"This key is no longer useful, would you like to drop it? Yes/No
Why would I ever pick yes?
>>
>Take item?
>Yes
>Are you sure?
>>
>>321163463
>Not tracking how many times players just say yes to taking things
You can set up a lot of surprises not that any modern dev ever does
>>
File: image.jpg (76 KB, 800x770) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76 KB, 800x770
>game introduces a new mechanic near the end
>don't get use it at the start of new game+
>>
>>321163623
I always got worried it would be lying, and that you actually need it
>>
>>321164145
would be hilarious for games to have one collectible key that's used for absolutely nothing
>>
File: 0.0.0.png (170 KB, 266x360) Image search: [Google]
0.0.0.png
170 KB, 266x360
>Leveling up unlocks specific items
>Reach Max Level
>Unlock item that grants more exp
>>
>>321164846
> Reach max level
> You keep gaining XP and revive the full health/mana bonus when the bar fills although you never actually level up

Sadly I don't think any game actually does this.
>>
>Loading screens in pause menus or main menu navigation before even getting to the game.
>Area of the game that you will be in for a fraction of your playtime has terrible music and/or nothing to do in it and you wonder why the game keeps putting you here.
>items very close to each other and you keep picking up the wrong one because they are inside each other and have no collision with each other
>>
>>321166701
>they are inside each other
Cute
>>
>>321166701
>Game has a nice piece of music that doesn't play long enough to actually hear it
Fucking Etrian Odyssey IV
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEvf8JNzgiE
>>
>>321167216
god damn it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aynd3bchzfI
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.