[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is a thread for three anons to fight eachother about Superstar
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault.jpg (90 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
90 KB, 1280x720
This is a thread for three anons to fight eachother about Superstar Saga
>>
>>321159006
>Superstar Saga is a shit
>>
File: image.jpg (182 KB, 1050x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
182 KB, 1050x750
I liked Partners in Time best
>>
>>321159218
I liked Partners in Time more than Dream Team
>>
>>321159218
same to be honest senpai
>>
>>321159298
Me too. But Superstar Saga is still the best by a long way.
>>
>>321159006
>least tutorials
>no starlow
Here it won.

It's absolutely pathetic that the fifth game in the series has tutorials at all for the most basic stuff.
>>
SSS > BiS > PiT > DT
I haven't played the new one yet
>>
The Luiginary Ball is so fucking powerful, holy shit.
>>
>>321159609
Agreed I tried to use the other specials. To find some use for them but the ball is just so practical. Easy, low BP, multihit, massive damage even to a single target. Why would you ever use any of the others with the exception of dropchopper
>>
>>321159570
This
For some reason, I wasn't able to get into Dream Team like the other M&L games. I might come back to it eventually, but for now I'm skipping it and I'm going to play Paper Jam
>>
File: image.jpg (166 KB, 701x896) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
166 KB, 701x896
Superstar saga had the perfect pacing and a great overall adventure but gets into shitty situations like the entire beach area existing for nothing but filler, Teehee fucking valley and Peach's retarded AI Boogaloo, and Piranha Bean battle with Luigi only

Partners in Time's fuck up was turning the bros system into item stock, story is arguably the most darkest in the series Dat Yoshi's Island will never cease to amaze me

Bowser's Inside Story was fucking great, but Fawful was a villain you couldn't take seriously and a lot of the characters were annoying fuck heads, you have to do the same minigames multiple times and the existance of the Carrot Minigame was garbage unless you already knew the pixel perfect combinations

Dream Team was a very high quality made game, like holy shit easily Yoko Shimmora's best fucking work by far. The story was great too. Dream World, as great as it was, takes too fucking long on segments, and it gets really fucking tiring. I already wasted too many times going to the desert, and yet I spend another 20 years in the Dream Stone area desert. I don't even need to mention the Tutorials, best Bowser Fight in existance though, but I found it really fucking weak that Bowser had everything given to him by Antasma

Paper Jam is middle ground, easily best gameplay, best boss battles, best fucking writing and interactions, surprisingly deep character interactions for the Mario universe. That being said, Simple as fuck story, but honestly the best case scenario to have a Bowser Plot, the whole Paper Mario schtick was great nonetheless to help it be slightly above simple. Overworld was simple as fuck but the character interactions in them, as well as Yoko's god tier music makes them bearable. Toad missions is hard to judge, others find them breaking the pace, but I find them varied and I frankly prefer them over Dream Team and BIS's 2D sections
>>
>a mario rpg
>mario, a series known for it's amazing aesthetics >rpg's, games that propel you into the world most strongly via it's story and characters
and that's my whole dilemma with mario rpgs. Everything is great technically, design, execution, but the fucking story and characters are just way more important to me and sometimes they refuse to acknowledge them.
This to me is why SMRPG, PM 1&2 are god tier and the rest is shit, except Superstar Saga, which was so perfectly executed that despite all of the above it was still wildly entertaining because it was the first we had seen of that world and their first attempt at it.

I won't begin to give a shit about new mario rpgs till we get actual party members/ new characters that aren't just talking suitcases or whatever the fuck.
>>
>>321159218

It DID have the best plot and villain in a Mario game period
>>
SS > DT > BiS > PiT

fucking love DT and SS
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.