[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Grim Dawn
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: 2015-12-23_00001.jpg (540 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-23_00001.jpg
540 KB, 1920x1080
Why are you not talking about this ?

It's just pure gold. As good as Titan Quest, FINALLY.

Grim Dawn thread.
>>
Is it out of EA yet?

Bought it a while back, but decided to wait.
>>
Also, Early Access done right. For once, that's something worth saying. Content is added regularly, and the game as it is right now, is worth his price.
>>
>>321152916
Not yet no, but there is a lot of content. We are currently at Act 4 part 1.
>>
I have not and will not ever buy early access shit.

The game looks fun, but I'm going to wait for its official release.
>>
>>321153063
I am like that too. But right now it's on sale, must be less than 15 bucks. And as it is right now, it's already worth much more.
>>
>>321153003
>>321153439
>>321152932

are you a dev?
>>
It's not even finished. I thought it would be finished this year so I bought it... and it isn't. It was still fun enough to make me forget that the level cap then was 50.
>>
>>321153518
>4 posters in thread
>7 posts

looks like we found the dev folks
>>
Lemme know when it fully releases and is done.

Not "basically done".

Full release.
>>
>as good as titan quest
so that means it's not better than titan quest? because titan quest was pretty dull
>>
>>321154097

Beware. /v/ sucks the dick of that boring pile of shit.

Goddamn that game is boring as hell.
>>
It's definitely a good game but I felt like the boss fights and story were very unremarkable/unmemorable.

For example, I haven't played TQ for a few years but I still remember having a blast fighting the Telkines, Hydra, Minotaur, Manticore, Centaur, Gorgon Sisters, Skeletal Dragon, Fire Boar, Terra Cotta Army, Chimera, Cerberus, Typhon & Hades. Off the top of my head I could even list some of their names.

The story, though very simplistic was also very clear; follow the telkines to stop them from releasing Typhon. Typhon was released, kill Typhon. Typhon dead but Hades been starting shit while the other gods are cut off, kill Hades.

In GD (which I played only a few days ago), the only bosses I can recall are the warden dude, the bandit leader (might be crowley or cronley), some sort of cthonic boss which turns into some random multi-limbed thing halfway through the fight and that's about it. Can't recall any others. The story also seems very purposeless. I'm just going where I'm told to go with no real idea as to why or what I'll be doing when I get there. I've no idea what the end boss character even is and I've finished every act they've released so far.

Thankfully the gameplay is really solid but I feel like they really dropped the ball on the setting and story sadly.
>>
This game triggers my worst. Can't stop hoarding dem gems and runes. Don't even socket them in my gear because I might need them for crafting. My whole storage is choke full of them. Just like good ol' days.

Demolitionist a bes. Aloha Snackbar everything.
>>
>>321152381
More like Shill Dawn
>>
>>321154097
>>321154303
If you guys really think that Diablo 3 is better than Titan Quest, you are the one sucking big dicks.
>>
>>321155204

When did I mention Diablo 3 AT ALL whatsoever?

When. Show me where I said that.

>>321154303

That is my post. Where did I mention Diablo 3?
>>
I put so many hours into D1 and D2 that I just can't enjoy games of this type anymore, they are all too similar and fail to live up to D2.
>>
Sorry, I like Path of Exile better
>>
>>321155286
Then you have a problem with Hack 'n slash as a genre, in which case you shouldn't comment here.
Give me a better alternative in the Hack n' slash genre to Titan Quest ?
>>
>>321155415
I wish PoE had an offline. Hell, I'd even pay for it.
>>
>>321155458

Nope. Diablo 2 and Lord of Destruction is my favorite pc game of all time. I played it nonstop for 7 years starting at the ass end of 1.08 update.

When did I mention Diablo 3 in my post by the way?
>>
>>321152381
What is the setting like? Can't tell from any of the screen shots.

Tolkien-esque?
>>
File: 1405363519749.jpg (29 KB, 277x277) Image search: [Google]
1405363519749.jpg
29 KB, 277x277
>>321155309
wot? PoE and GD both do what D2 did, but better
>>
>>321152381
Everything I've read from people who played it only had good things to say.

I'm skeptical because it's in ea though. Are the devs trustworthy?
>>
>>321155593
XIX-ish century with not-Chtulu.
>>
File: titanquest.jpg (154 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
titanquest.jpg
154 KB, 1024x768
>>321152381
>As good as Titan Quest

so it's not good then
>>
tried playing PoE and TQ and just ended up going back to play more D2 till I was burned out again, don't see this being any different
>>
>>321154834
>Can't stop hoarding dem gems and runes.

This is my problem too. Thank fuck you get another backpack in the latest update. I still need to clean out my stash though.
>>
>>321152381

Can it fucking overheat modern computers like Titan Quest as well?
>>
>>321152381
>take MMORPG
>remove whole MMO part
>call it cRPG
Sorry but that's not for me.

Also:
>EA
It means you've preordered it. Enjoy being retarded fucker.
>>
>>321155575
Yes I'm sorry, I don't know why I talked about Diablo 3.

Bro, Diablo 2 was a great game, and nostalgia and all, I know how it feels. But it's time to move on, try other things.
And I can assure you that the replayability is far greater in Titan Quest. Same will go for Grim Dawn.
>>
>>321155776
They keep rolling out the content updates. And have kept to their word as long as I have had it. I am mistrusting as fuck about EA as well, but this is it actually done right. I got it when it only had up to Act 3, and didn't have the latest class and Devotion system added yet and it still felt more finished and polished than D3 did. It has only gotten better since.

That being said the first Act will feel slow, and you can't dual wield immediately until you unlock the gear for it. That is actually a good design choice IMO as you really feel like you earned it.

At this point the only thing I could really want added would be Hirelings and maybe some sort of summon from the Devotion system for having the highest tier in a branch.
>>
File: 1401863504107131.jpg (18 KB, 229x250) Image search: [Google]
1401863504107131.jpg
18 KB, 229x250
>>321154303
Titan Quest is better than any of the Diablo games.
>>
>>321155776
Well do like me, just check the news. You'll see that they are releasing new content really frequently, balancing the game etc...

Also, as it is right now, even if they had to release the game with that much content, it would already be worth your cash.
>>
>>321152381
Game isn't done.

I backed in on kikestarter, and I refuse to play it until it's done.

Finish the fucking game.
>>
>>321156506
THANK YOU.
>>
>>321156365
>>take MMORPG
>>remove whole MMO part
>>call it cRPG
literally what
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.