[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Every new game feels like work >There's no skill
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 12
File: astockphoto.jpg (48 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
astockphoto.jpg
48 KB, 600x400
>Every new game feels like work
>There's no skill involved, just putting in the required amount of hours
>Cutscene heavy and/or slow paced
>Feels like the game is just recycling content past the first hour

What do? I'm finding myself bored of everything lately.
>>
>>321151671
you must be playing fallout 4.
>>
What games have you been playing?

What are some games you remember enjoying?
>>
Kill yourself.
>>
Play Souls games or other games known for difficulty.
Play competitive games there is almost no skill cap in most cases.
>>
Go play a genre you never played before

Iv started playing grand stat and have absolutely no fucking idea what i am doing or how to win

But thats the fun of vidya
>>
>Playing Bloodborne for the first time
>getting rekt but slowly making progress
>get to Father Gascoigne
>after the 6th attempt I stopped playing

I'll go back to it, but I've already spent about 3-4 hours and I'm only in the first part of the game. Even though I started the playthrough poorly I have hope I'll git gud,
>>
Play Ikaruga. I try to git gut at it and get my shit wrecked
>>
>>321151984
BB was my first souls game. hardest part was the opening mob, the troll, and the werewolves on the bridge. if you get past that, you're golden and well on your way. until blood starved beast
>>
>>321151671
what the fuck are you playing?
>>
File: Spartan Total Warrior.jpg (1004 KB, 3258x2133) Image search: [Google]
Spartan Total Warrior.jpg
1004 KB, 3258x2133
>Game introduces new mechanics throughout the story
>Ramping up the difficulty
>The final boss is a showdown that requires you to use everything the game's taught you

You can't emulate that feeling of beating a hard boss and the game after your 7-20th try.

Pic related. I miss when games took a degree of effort to complete and not just X amount of hours sunk in.
>>
Play a competitive MOBA
Seriously you'll probably sink in thousands of hours and still not be close to one of the best.
>>
>>321152307
Dark Souls was my first, and the hardest parts of that game for me were O&S, the Crypts, and the Gwyn.

Having the game already present this much of a challenge to me gives me hope for this game. I'll keep playing, but man it's crazy so far.
>>
>>321151887
>How to win

There are no rules, anon. You're the master of your destiny. Now force it upon others.
>>
>>321151671
Play Cookie Clicker, the pinnacle of skill-based gameplay
>>
File: 1313303062228.jpg (28 KB, 330x333) Image search: [Google]
1313303062228.jpg
28 KB, 330x333
>>321152637
one of my favorite games

i wish it would get ported to pc already
>>
>>321152834
At this point 'Not getting fucked in the ass by Muslims or the Church' is my win condition.
>>
>>321152825
BSB will tear you a new asshole. First hyper aggressive boss in the game. gl m8
>>
File: 1440717586404.gif (677 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1440717586404.gif
677 KB, 500x281
>>321153174
>>
>>321151671
This thread isn't video games

Reported
>>
File: 1449470418555.jpg (7 KB, 144x161) Image search: [Google]
1449470418555.jpg
7 KB, 144x161
>>321153342
>>
>>321151671
In these kinds of situations I wish I had the power to make my own video games but that's just not possible sadly
>>
>>321152637

Oh man this game was really fun. It's a great feeling when you just start playing something with no expectations and really like it, I had no idea what that game is when my brother brought it home
>>
>>321151671

Try to learn how to crochet instead.
>>
>>321152862

I really wish I hadn't seen that thread about the new version the other day, I happily forgot about it for two years
>>
La-Mulana is fucking infuriating, but I'm enjoying it more than I've enjoyed any game in a long time.
>>
>>321151671
then stop playing AAA cinematic trash
>>
I too find myself bored quite often.
Personally, what I would really like to play is a team based DayZ-like game, think STALKER with Duty Vs Freedom except instead of NPCs, they are players. Scour the wasteland, loot shit, build the base, defend from attackers, attack the enemies. Imagine if it was persistent, continue building the base, stockpile massive amounts of supplies, build another base or outposts, shit like Star Wars Galaxies meets STALKER, that game would be amazing. A man can dream, right?
>>
>>321154520
Then you log-off, your shit gets blown up and it's like every "open world survival multiplayer" game ever.
also
>any friendlies in cherno?
>>
File: downwell.gif (668 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
downwell.gif
668 KB, 320x320
I almost only play quick pick-up-and-play games now. THings that I can do a full run through of in a sitting

Rougelikes/lites. Shmups. Platformers. Arcade puzzlers etc

Lookup Downwell anon. It's literally like $3 on steam and takes all of 20 minutes to beat. I've dumped over 16 hours into it already
>>
>>321154770
>Then you log-off, your shit gets blown up and it's like every "open world survival multiplayer" game ever.
Such is life in the wasteland, for I would do the same thing.
>>
>>321154787
TIhis anon got it figured out. Story heavy games are the worst.

Also try flight sims, racing sims and rhythm games.
>>
>>321151671
Sounds like a JRPG or a cinematic campaign. I stick to arcadey titles now and I avoid anything single player like the plague.
>>
>>321151671
stop playing rpgs and pick up something skill based. You will end up spending just as much time as you did before but real skill progression os far more satisfying than arbitrary stat progression.
>>
>>321151816
>Play Souls games or other games known for difficulty.

Souls games aren't hard, they are just TEDIOUS.
>>
File: 1427964993259.gif (1 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1427964993259.gif
1 MB, 500x281
>used to adore video games
>used to be into "yeah fuck establishment videogames are made to be fun" discussions
>used to come up with hundreds of video game ideas
>one day it just stopped
>no more passion
>no more game ideas
>stopped caring about the industry as a whole and don't care how fucked it gets
>don't even like videogames anymore

It's like videogames have always been pointless but I was never in the mindset to see it. Honestly most things seem pointless these days. but none as pointless as vidya

>>321154787
also this
>>
>>321151984
>tfw killed him my second try
>tfw one shotted him on my alt

It's probably your build because I got wrecked by the bigger bosses because I was getting greedy with damage. I just don't shit out enough damage unless the boss is clearly parryable.
>>
File: 0 (14).jpg (41 KB, 252x264) Image search: [Google]
0 (14).jpg
41 KB, 252x264
>try to play a game
>after an hour I just lose interest and lie on the floor doing nothing

why does this always happen
>>
>>321155195
everything you do is pointless. Just do whatever you enjoy
>>
>What do? I'm finding myself bored of everything lately.

I felt the same as you for a long time, decided to try Chess one day and ended up liking it.
>>
>>321151671
I recently started playing Dragon Age Origins after getting bored of Fallout 4.

I'm digging it so far, a little harsh on the eyes but it feels pretty comfy.
>>
I'm currently playing Bionic Commando

I like it, but my one gripe is that I can't seem to launch myself straight up into the air
>>
Games aren't supposed to make you feel fulfilled, just entertained. You should go socialize, work, or do something physical if you want to feel purpose.
>>
>>321151671
Start playing one game and get really good at it. It's what I did and it's honestly the most fun I've ever had in gaming. Of course you'll suck at first but you'll git gud and it will feel amazing.
>>
>>321151671
>new
There's your problem.
Go play older games. Even if you reject the notion that games have gotten worse over time, you should still accept the idea that the older games that are still referenced are brought up for a good reason.
I played F.E.A.R. for the first time recently. Blew through it in two sittings. I had forgotten how much fun single player shooters without pointless RPG mechanics could be.
>>
>>321155463
>Just do whatever you enjoy

I don't enjoy anything. nothing seems real and everything is bland
>>
>>321152637
One of my favourite moments was when you charged the enemy with all of the regular joe soldiers.
>>
>>321156393
>I don't enjoy anything. nothing seems real and everything is bland
Depression.
>>
>>321156872
I figure as much but I have no way of fixing it at the moment. I could go get some vitamin D pills but they're only a temporary fix
>>
Play modern warfare 2, skyrim, halo 3, and halo reach.
>>
File: aye.jpg (42 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
aye.jpg
42 KB, 500x375
>>321156393
>>321156872
>>
Play some older and short games wtih great replay value, like arcade ones. Like Crazy Taxi.
>>
vanilla wow was actually hard. you couldn't just streamroll through every enemy on your screen. remember those murlocs? the fucking level 9 murlocs man. you probably died to those a dozen times. or the defias brotherhood outside of the deadmines? they had the most player kills in the entire game.

somewhere along the way mmos forgot to be a challenge. they stopped making everything try to kill you and instead created mindless enemies waiting to be mowed down. yes, true endgame is hard, but thats like 5% of the content and requires a massive organized effort from dozens of people to truly access.

i want to play an mmo where the first enemy kills me. it kills me because i suck, this is my first time in the game, i have no clue what i'm doing.

i want travel to feel dangerous.

i want quests to require cooperation or clever thinking and preparation like invisibly potions.

i want my video games to feel alive. not the bland number scrollers they are now.
>>
>>321155152
Like these shitty castlemania games

wtf I die and I have to start the entire game over? Fucking artificial difficulty
>>
>>321158346
>remember those murlocs? the fucking level 9 murlocs man

GOD
DAMNIT
>>
>>321158346
Should have played FFXI when you had the chance faggot
>>
>>321151671
try playing something other than modern AAA games.
>>
Maybe we're just outgrowing games bro
>>
Just avoid games with story. Or stop playing video games for a while. Play chess or bball.
>>
>starting to get sick of games
>play that one game that is just video game and makes you want video game
To save our mother earth from any alien attack
>>
File: CR-kingmerc-concept.jpg (44 KB, 500x345) Image search: [Google]
CR-kingmerc-concept.jpg
44 KB, 500x345
>>321159135
>Just avoid games with story

This, OP. I mean don't get me wrong, I tend to go for story heavy games but sometimes I just don't want to deal with it, and end up playing something with virtually no dialog.
>>
>>321157268
Holy crap, are you trying to bore the guy to death?
>>
File: post-12904-0-25367100-1385974678.jpg (475 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
post-12904-0-25367100-1385974678.jpg
475 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>>321160750
Some times you just have to forget things like progression, seeing the ending, hitting that next cutscene, and just play game.
From vicious giant insects who have once again come back!
>>
File: 1438873359733.jpg (89 KB, 452x452) Image search: [Google]
1438873359733.jpg
89 KB, 452x452
>>321151671
just play something simple like megaman or shovelknight

>play level
>defeat boss
>go to next level
>>
tired gamer general?

i can't even play the simple games when i get home from work now.. it's like it's too much effort
>>
Then you don't know what a real day's work is.

"Accessibility" sells. Send you regards to Blizzard and World of Warcraft for the new reality of modern gaming.

>Cutscene heavy and/or slow paced
Cutscenes are easy to balance.
If the game is too fast paced you will get thru the content too quickly.

>Feels like the game is just recycling content past the first hour
This and your third point clearly demonstrate a steady diet of modern, AAA-style gaming. They survive on mindless grindfests with artificial time sinks and low skill ceilings.
>>
>>321151816
>Play Souls games
stop trying to bore him to death
>>
>>321151816
>Souls games
>known for difficulty

wonder how long this meme will exist? parrying/hugging giant boss legs is not difficult
>>
>>321159007
this farn
>>
>>321151671
Play Bloodborne if you wanna feel bad.

Play Undertale if you wanna feel good.
>>
>do X thing 1000 times to unlock good stuff
>achievements
>no modding

it didnt have to end like this
>>
>>321151984
Isn't the father guy the first boss?

Please correct me if I'm wrong. I died once because I didn't know u had to talk to the doll to level up my stats. Next time I fought him he was easy as fuck.

Also that first giant wolf thing was easier than I thought it'd be.

This game is so fucking easy now.

Usually what kills me is some bullshit homing attack that does 1 million damage.
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.