[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do people even make actual online friends on this game? Always
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: 4L_FEtDRHcy.jpg (376 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
4L_FEtDRHcy.jpg
376 KB, 1600x900
How do people even make actual online friends on this game? Always do missions and no one talks and the only thing said is gg
>>
>>321141086
gg
>>
By doing events you smeghead.
>>
dont bother. not many people play it in the first place anymore and everyone else treats it like wow; teleport in then teleport out
>>
File: mootles.jpg (61 KB, 1280x721) Image search: [Google]
mootles.jpg
61 KB, 1280x721
>>321141086
>Be playing first MMO
>Adventure
>Fun
>Laughing with people while doing stupid shit

>Be playing MMO today
>No one interacts
>No one talks
>Streamlined process
>Guilds trying too hard to re-create that initial magic
>>
Used to be easy when I was younger, but people never seem to want to talk anymore nowadays. Just spout memes.
>>
To make friends go to Hubert then accept the candy
>>
>>321142092
We have changed as well.
I got invited to abrandom guild which I joined
8 years later I'm still friends with the people from that guild

If it was today I wouldn't had joined the guild. Why would I join a random small guild that was just created
>>
>>321142092
it's because you're not required to group, so no one does
>>
>>321142092
Modern games don't try to foster that sort of gameplay. Its tailored to those whiny middle aged faggots who want to play a video game in a genre known for requiring loads of playtime and commitment, but cry about their kids and wife and job.
Play Project 1999 if you want to relive that. Its nearly impossible to get anywhere without making some friends. I've never made it past level 10 without having a couple people on my friends list that I would group with later.
>>
WHALECUM TO MY GUILD
>>
Blame the content finder

Seriously, content finders are the sole reason MMO's suck. There's so much that has to be sacrificed to make their inclusion work, and it's all stuff that used to be integral to the genre.

>95% of content has to be instanced because of the content finder
>No sense of inter-server community because everything is done through the content finder
>Classes have to be homogenized to work with the random pairing nature of the content finder
>Content has to be designed around the same party compositions to make the content finder work at a reliable speed
>No interesting open world because the content finder teleports you everywhere, meaning there's no incentive to put effort into its design

Modern MMOs aren't really MMOs
>>
Do you really want to make friends with the average modern MMO player? They're all a bunch of meme spouting retards or moba tryhard rejects. It's awful

I've never found a group of people in XIV that I've been able to tolerate longer than a week
>>
>playing local online game in closed beta
>top the PVE leaderboard
>random ppl chatting
>join in
>"you're the guy who topped the board?"
>feels good
>they turn out to be pretty chill
>join their guild
>have fun everyday
>closed beta ends, open beta begins
>everyone from the guild still plays
>they tell me to make the new guild
>ask why
>"because u rock"
>feels good
>make a new guild
>they join
>have fun
>became the best guild in the whole game in both PVP and PVE
>have fun
>cheaters came
>ruined the leaderboards
>friends starting to lose motivation to play
>they quit one by one
>I quit

Thanks for reading.
>>
File: 1450819292366.jpg (659 KB, 1719x1240) Image search: [Google]
1450819292366.jpg
659 KB, 1719x1240
>>321141086
I started with RL friends but they kind of went off and did their own thing so I tried to make friends with the FC and what this guy said happened >>321143842. I used to love old MMOs back in the day like tibia and runescape but tnewer ones dont have the same magic anymore.
>>
File: 1443996594268.gif (999 KB, 250x251) Image search: [Google]
1443996594268.gif
999 KB, 250x251
How you tried starting a conversation yourself?
>>
Twice I tried to get into this game and twice I got invited to a talkative guild almost immediately. And people volunteered to run dungeons with me.
>>
>>321145208
Also
>top both the solo dungeon and party dungeon leaderboard
>flags flying on top of my character for a whole week
>people keep asking what the flags are
>all while riding unique mounts and having OP cash-granting runes from the board prize

Good times, really. Didn't waste a dime on that game either.
>>
>>321145208
>BR
Literally internet cancer. Them and RMTs.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.