[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was this game genuinely bad or just disappointing compared to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: images.jpg (29 KB, 316x465) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
29 KB, 316x465
Was this game genuinely bad or just disappointing compared to Uncharted 2?
>>
>>321138003
This was MMMUUUUCCCHHH better than Uncharted 2
>non generic villain
>better scenery
>didnt feel like Drake going after a love interest the whole story and was actually going after a treasure

but that train scene in Uncharted 2 was hard to beat
>>
>>321138003
It was genuinely bad, I'm still salty about the melee combat specifically
>>
Villain sucked.

Enjoyed 2 much more.
>>
Mostly the latter. It's not a bad game, but it's significantly worse than Uncharted 2 in pretty much every way possible.
>>
They're all bad. They're hollow entertainment based around passive spectacle. Based on minor difference in said spectacle, different people will just like different entries more. But overall it's all pointless.
>>
>Playing generic action movie simulator for normies
Sonybronies are pathetic
>>
>>321138639

>non generic villain
>"muh ancient conspiracy" and magical sidekick
>>
>>321138003
Hood but not as great, also the last boss was extremely disapointing.
>>
I was genuinely invested in the plot of the first Uncharted, so I was willing to put up with the drunk gunplay, knockoff Ass Creed climbing and intredasting puzzles.

Not so with 2 or 3.
>>
File: 1326326782015.gif (911 KB, 171x141) Image search: [Google]
1326326782015.gif
911 KB, 171x141
>>321139320

>knockoff Ass Creed climbing

They came out almost the exact same day.
>>
>>321138003
uncharted is one of the most overrated series of all time
>>
>>321138975
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
>>
>>321139831
You got me there.

Uncharted is a 'Jack of all trades' kind of game. It does a lot, but doesn't actually master anything.
>>
>>321138836
This. They're all pretty shit.
>>
>>321140309
Ass Creed was literally just open world Prince of Persia.

There was nothing else special about it.
>>
>>321140894
That doesn't exonerate Uncharted as a mediocre series.
>>
>>321140309

I feel like it's the series that does the "cinematic" thing right by actually tying it to the gameplay instead of yanking away to a cutscene every twelve seconds.
>>
>>321140894
I actually had fun playing Ass Creed.

Playing through Uncharted, I only remember suffering. Intense suffering.
>>
Played Uncharted 2 and 3

Alright games, something like 7/10, maybe 6

Pretty environments

3D rock climbing is only sort of sort fun

Stealth mechanics aren't great

Uninteresting story

Young Indiana Jones character being a one many army committing a genocide and being in the moral right?

Bullet sponge enemies are just irritating to fight

All in all your basic copy and pasted third person shooter from Naughty Dog that they can't seem to stop pooping out, culminating with Uncharted 4, which will also be pretty mediocre and hollow
>>
>>321138003
It was Uncharted 2: 2 with a less coherent plot and more crippling control issues. Still enjoyable but Uncharted 2 was a hell of a highpoint. It's basically the Return of the Jedi to 2's Empire Strikes Back.
4 looks good, I like what they're doing with Nathan's character.
>>321141675
Pretty much my feelings on it too. Shame they get so much shit for being 'cinematic' when there's nothing inherently wrong with that. The issue only arises when every game wants to be and emulating movies is seen as the highest point for video games.
>>
2 >= 1 > 3.
>>
File: image.jpg (6 KB, 139x104) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
6 KB, 139x104
>Drake chose that boring blonde chick over ancient tibetan dagger ass lady
>>
>>321138836
Its pretty much the same shit as Mario and plenty of other games.
>>
>>321143245
>Drake chose the fun and loyal good person with a great ass that's able to reign him in when he needs it over his slutty genderswapped but less moralistic self that also has a great ass
Really, you can't go wrong with either of them.
>>
>>321138639
oh god the train level
i wish i still had a ps3 to play that again
>>
File: 1415302581966.jpg (178 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1415302581966.jpg
178 KB, 720x960
There isn't a single bad Uncharted game.

Even the Vita game is legit.
>>
Oh boy, I wonder if this particular ledge or platform will be destroyed the moment he leaps off.
>>
>>321138003
Having only played this one (it was a gift), I can say my biggest beef with this game was the typical "You'll die at least once in this segment because of bad controls or not having a clairvoyant space brain" bullshit. Other than that, I loved the banter between Sully and Nathan, especially the segment where they first meet.
>>
>>321138003
2 was so damn good, the whole train sequences and everything in the game is perfect, and shambala along with the last part of the game were a fun ride
Also Chloe is best girl
>Marco, marco, come on
>ok..Polo
>>
-guns have next to no recoil
-enemy lay out is poorly implemented
-no medals
-weapon rewards list is mostly reskinned ak-47's and pistols
-enemies no longer flinch when shot and don't react to getting shot at
-poor level design
-enemies constantly spawn behind you
-poor gun balance
-obstructive weapon reticule

3 is worse than 2 on almost all levels. The only thing it does better is lighting and melee.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.