[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dogma: Eternal Night serious thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Dogma-Eternal-Night_IND13_06.jpg (32 KB, 680x383) Image search: [Google]
Dogma-Eternal-Night_IND13_06.jpg
32 KB, 680x383
Let's discuss in a serious manner for once /v/, I bet you can do it once in a year.

Warning, long discussion ahead.

There is this game called Dogma:EN who is on kickstarter right now, https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/prelude/dogma-eternal-night, and I followed their project hoping that they would easily reach their goal, but, apparently this wasn't the case, they sadly fail, as you can see there are less than 3 days left and they got only 1/3 of their minimal goal.

I made this thread just to ask you why did this happen, in your opinion?

They release an update once in a day.
They been constant in doing so for a long time.
They show actual in game content and not stupid teasers or trailers.
The goal isn't so much high for the type of game they are making.
It has an unique theme that no other MMO is offering right now. (Also thanks to CCP, who bought the license to made and then CANCEL a World of Darkness MMO, and even blocking a revamp mod for Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines)
Also, it seems to be one of the few MMO who can actually offer a dynamic world, a promise who many sandbox failed to mantain.

(Archage everyone?)

So I was just wondering why.

Was it obscure and nobody heard of it until now?
Are the prizes for backers not worth it?
Not your genre?
You don't like playing only as a vampire (They announced that they will implement other "races" later on, with Werevolves being on top of their list)
Are you hoping for something from Paradox, because they bought WoD recently?
Is it just too niche in general?

Thanks for your replies.
>>
>>321128268
>kickstarter

stopped reading there
>>
>>321128268
Also I would add that luckily the game will continue developing anyway as they started without a kickstarter campain, but I think this will influence development times a lot.

Also sorry for my grammar.
>>
Kickstarter and Early-access are shit and any fool who pays money into those scams deserves to lose their cash.
>>
>>321128268

>Kickstarter

>MMO

How could you ever expect that to end well, better it fails now then fails after taking everyone's money.

Also fuck off Devs.
>>
>MMO

Kickstarter isn't even going to raise a fraction of the funding required for one. The creator of Everquest couldn't even hit his goal. Start small with projects, don't pull a Curt Schilling.
>>
>>321128603
>>321128637
I would agree with you, if they weren't developing even before the kickstarter campain was even announced (and it was requested by people domain)

And as I said they announced that they will continue developing anyways

So it's not like they are going to scam people out.

Also, your replies make me wonder why people founded Psychonauts 2 while knowing Tim Schafer past.
>>
Also, I'm not a dev, I was just an anon who was hoping in something original for once and not the same themepark and cloned mechanics all over again.
>>
>>321129424
Because people are retards
>>
Kickstarters inherently only attract a few amount of people, both in funding and after the full release.

MMO's need lots of people in order for it to achieve what it sets out to be.

This is why it failed.
>>
>>321128268

ripping off World of Darkness is not a smart way to get a game

just look at starcraft and warha.....

heh
>>
>Kickstarter
>MMO

Say it with me.

Tee
aRre
Ay
eSse
Haitch
>>
Obscurity - No one talked about this shit mate

MMO - Niggas are generally hard pressed to fund an MMO, especially an unknown one

Had this been a single player RPG with a little talk spread here and there, it probably would have been funded no problem.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.