[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just got Guilty Gear xrd -SIGN- and I'm having a lot of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
I just got Guilty Gear xrd -SIGN- and I'm having a lot of fun playing it, but I'm using a PS4 controller on the PC.

I've heard that it would be a lot more fun and I would get a lot better, faster, using a proper arcade stick. I've done some shopping around and it seems the best and most available for the price would be the Qanba Q4. Anyone have any recommendations?

My first real fighting game... I've played GG X2 back in PS2 days but not really a lot. I don't plan on going to tournaments or trying to become pro, I just wanna have some fun online playing against friends and randoms. Is the Q4 too much? Would the Qanba Q1 suffice? Or is something like the Q1 too little and I really should just spring for one of the more expensive ones?

I've seen the Mad Catz TE2 but that's up in the $220+ range, and mostly out of stock. Not sure if I want to go that high in terms of budget.
>>
Really hate that start button on the far right, I've accidentally hit it a couple of times when I have borrowed a friends Qanba Q4.
>>
>>321123703

Arcade sticks do not make you better. They are for nostalgia fags who spent their days playing sf2 and the like at the arcades. I spent more time playing fighting games on consoles because it's more practical, and thus d-pad controller setup is far more comfortable.
>>
>>321123703

A stick will not make you magically better retard.

If you're already conceding that you never want to practice and get better then you can do just as well with the ds4.
>>
>>321123703
get a hori RAP4. 150 bucks (goes on sale a lot), always in stock and its made out of solid parts and will last you forever. if you're really wanting to go budget you can go for any of qanbas sticks or the madcatz alpha
>>
>>321123703
>ellipses
>thinking a controller would make you better
Holy shit youre stupid.
>>
>>321125093

since when did using ellipses make someone stupid?
>>
>>321123703
I've got a Q4, it works decently

>>321124151
go away snakeyez
>>
>>321124418
>hrap4
This, I got mine for $100 a couple weeks ago.

Though I did replace the stick and buttons for an extra $40ish because I really hated the hayabusa stick. Buttons were okay, but I still prefer sanwa.
>>
Are there any other arcade stick part retailers than focusattack and paradise arcade shop that are located in the states? I'm looking to get an ls-32-01 for my hrap4 kai but focusattack has the flat mounting plates out of stock, paradise arcade shop ships their ls-32s with a flat plate (according to the picture at least) but the stick itself is out of stock and they don't sell the plate separately

Can I just use the default s-plate, the one with the lowered screw holes? will that mount into the rap4 kai?
>>
>>321123703
I got a stick two years ago for sf4 and although it took me like 2 months to get comfortable with it (maybe even 3), some things are definitely easier with it than with a pad. Also no more blisters on your thumb ever again.

With Xrd, though, I'm honestly finding it more difficult with a stick than with a ps4 controller, though that could be due to my brain panicking and switching to SF mode when shit goes down. I can't find a comfortable button layout, either.

If you're into fighting games it's a great investment and it feels pretty cool using one. IMO spend between 80-150 on your first stick; don't waste money on mega expensive stuff you wont know you'll like, but don't buy crap either.
>>
>>321125645
b-bump
>>
>>321123703
If you're ONLY playing on PC, go for a 360 compatible controller for that native x-input support. 100% of fighting games will work straight away with no fiddling on PC if you're using a 360 compatible stick. But most fighting games worth playing seem to be coming out on ps4 as well, so think about your choice.
>>
File: TE2-001.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
TE2-001.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>321123703
They don't make you better, what ever you get comfortable with is fine, wether it be stick, pad or guitar hero drum set.

Although desu senpai I find playing fighters more fun on a fightstick. Its like playing racers with a wheel to me kind of thing. Of course I am used to sticks too

The te2s are sexy as fuck, super customizable in lots of ways if you ever want to change anything in it, very comfy. The hori ps4 stick is a little more practical if you want to save some $$$ I'd recomend getting a ps4 stick if you are going to be playing GG or sf5 considering most places will be hosting them on ps4s
>>
>>321125645

Dude, just go to SRK forums. They mostly knows what they're talking about.
>>
>>321128253
I can't, it's invite only
>>
>>321123703
OP, a stick won't automatically make you better, but it's arguably a better controller for fighting games because it's designed for that in the same sense that the Xbox 360 controller's prominent triggers make it more geared for shooters. It's not just for people that are used to arcades, like some people have said. It arguably does make execution easier, provided you're used to one. The problem is, execution is only the first and simplest part of playing a fighting game, and making it easier doesn't help with anything beyond that.

As other anons have noted, it also takes a long time to get used to a stick, so if you want to get better faster, you should probably just practice a lot with the DS4. A stick will not magically make you better. Fighting games are hard to git gud at and there aren't shortcuts. You have to buckle down and practice.

If you only playing one fighter and you're probably not going to play it long-term, a stick is probably a colossal waste of money. They're expensive and might end up hindering you more than helping. If you're concerned about the price in particular, then I'd say really should stick to the DS4. If you have cash to blow and genuinely want to commit to a fighting game, like the Smashfags who've been at it for more than a year now, it's not a bad idea, but you don't seem to be in that boat.
>>
>>321123703
don't fall for the fight stick meme and just use your keyboard
>>
>>321123703

OP, if you can see if you can borrow a friend's for a bit. You'll be worse playing on one until you get use to it, a lot worse. It's just another way to play, it's got it's obvious advantages like buttons being a bit easier to press, and a stick you can use however you'd like.

But it's entirely preference. The best Ramlethal player uses a controller
>>
>>321128965

I dont have any friends local to try out. I wasn't expecting to get it and instantly be pro-tier like other people in this thread seem to think I meant.

Just meant overall I was wondering if the skill cap is higher using a fitestick. I have a lot of trouble playing on a d-pad on my DS4 because my thumbs hurt after 30 minutes of play. I've tried the analog stick but end up getting a bunch of bounce and anomalous jumping.

Thought maybe a fightstick would help a lot from what I've heard. I've only been playing for about 3 days now so re-learning my muscle memory will be easy
>>
>>321129447
Keyboard or hitbox are the best if you master them, but they harder to learn.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.