[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I genuinely believe games can benefit from being 30fps, I mean
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 30FPS.png (4 KB, 265x240) Image search: [Google]
30FPS.png
4 KB, 265x240
I genuinely believe games can benefit from being 30fps, I mean certain genres and games like platformers; Tearaway & Axiom Verge need to run at 60fps due to the nature of the mechanics and it's relationship with user-button input and also graphical immersion.

However when you compare MGSV & Dark Souls 2 that runs at 60fps on PS4 to Bloodborne you come to notice a few things. A sense of weight and gravity during ground movement and combat control is basically non-existent due to animations heavily influenced or directly tied to frame rate. In the game it literally feels like you're floating or sliding on butter as you move around, this inorganic fluidity of movement is even more pronounced knowing the biomechanics of the human body through joint anatomy and how the body maneuvers on uneven surfaces and adheres to gravity and equipment load in general.

When you attack an enemy in Bloodborne and also when you receive an attack in return, the animation itself which is influenced by the frame rate combined with auditory signaling, a good combat mechanic and graphical style all tie in together to allow you to feel the full force and weight of attack both ways. This is crucial for games that seek to fully immerse you rather than comply with a performance benchmark and Bloodborne simply dose movement and combat control extremely well. You feel every movement of the character and the weight associated with the animal.

Games that utilize realistic graphical styles W3, MGSV, BB and Dark Souls feel light and unnatural at 60fps. Everything feels like water and shallow, like you're floating and walking on clouds.
>>
>>321122135
Didn't read.
>>
>>321122135
Have you ever even
>>
>>321122135
didn't read lol
60fps > 30fps
/thread
>>
File: 1442196305849.gif (3 MB, 300x252) Image search: [Google]
1442196305849.gif
3 MB, 300x252
>>321122135
>>
>>321122135
tl;dr
60fps master race
>>
I honestly believe this too. Thought I was the only one. Of course 60 is best in most cases but with this I honestly feel the difference.

Infamous Second Son when released was at an unlocked consistant 60 frames and it felt really light like I was just flinging shit around and while it was awesome after the update when they included the 30fps lock as an option literally every action felt like I was punching someone in the goddamned with blocks of bricks for hands.
>>
>>321123464
Thankfully, someone who knows what I'm talking about.
>>
>>321122135
fuck off retard
>>
But MGSV animation isn't tied to frame rate. The only addition is more frames so it looks smoother.
>>
>>321122135
>genuinely believe games can benefit from being 30fps,
stopped reading there
>>
Bloodborne and other 30fps games feel weighted because your doubling the amount of input lag and cutting the responsiveness in half.
>>
>>321124212
I don't know what that means but why isn't this possible at 60fps? The heavy experience is immensely satisfying
>>
The animations are just as fast whether you play MGS V at 30 or 60 fps. Comparing different games to each other and using that as evidence about some conceived improvements of lower framerate is idiotic. At least compare the same game at 30 vs 60.

Either way, the animation would be the same speed, you just see more frames. If you somehow feel that 30 fps is superior, you are just brainwashed from playing so many games at low framerates.
>>
>>321124412
I said 30fps is superior in certain circumstances, being able to feel the weight of movements and attacks is just a level of immersion that is lost at 60fps
>>
>>321122135
Utter nonsense because what you describe is not tied to the frames per second displayed but other mechanics.

Less FPS is NEVER a good thing.
>>
>>321124631

You just like the way lag feels.
>>
>>321124631
Weight of movement and attacks has nothing to do with frames per second, it's an issue of animations, physics, etc.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.