[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it just me or is the Steam sale fucking horrible? Prices
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 7
Is it just me or is the Steam sale fucking horrible?

Prices seem even worse than the autumn sale which was shit
>>
It's just you
>>
>>321115052
Any highlights im missing?

Because it seems underwhelming
>>
Need some help on anything worthwhile
>>
Just go on humble bundle, gog, or amazon. You know there are other services and some of them are even drm free.
>>
isn't there some sort of website that helps you track all the discounts in a neat sortable table
>>
most likely you already have every single game worth a damm if you have been on steam for more than 4 sales.
>>
So what do you guys think about Vermintide? Looks like a cool L4D mod and I loved L4D.

Sure the discount sucks but I have the money for it.
>>
>>321117076
Pretty good but buggy/glitchy. If you can tollerate that it's pretty good.

Also note it's A LOT harder than L4D.
>>
i bought BF4 premium edition for 20 dollars

that was a good deal
>>
>>321114974
it is horrible
>>
>>321117219

Sounds good enough, thanks Anon.
>>
Got 12 games I wanted for 59 dollars. Some others I wanted but don't feel like paying as much as they are offering for, like 23 for Divinity Originl Sin.

In fact I'm particularly iffy on Divinity given how hit and miss earlier games in the series were.
>>
>>321114974
Every sale every year is the worst shit ever, according to you faggots at least.
>>
>>321117402

It's pretty much nothing like its predecessors other than the semi-medieval setting and the fact that it's made by Larian.

After that, the similarities are out the window.
>>
File: 1402862208130.png (89 KB, 281x301) Image search: [Google]
1402862208130.png
89 KB, 281x301
>mfw people actually praise the lack of daily deals
>>
File: 6565.gif (7 KB, 594x303) Image search: [Google]
6565.gif
7 KB, 594x303
>no flash/community deals
>>
>>321114974
All sales have been shit since 2010
>>
>>321117631
So the rumor was true, then? This is the lowest price that every game is going to hit this sale?
>>
>>321117631
I always hated the idea of daily deals, personally.

They actually DISCOURAGED the act of purchasing, which is the opposite of what a good sale does.
>>
File: My soul when.png (19 KB, 462x320) Image search: [Google]
My soul when.png
19 KB, 462x320
>>321117631
>>
>>321117631
Nothing can be done about it. Refunding is so easy now that it has fucked the system.
>>
>>321117764
Not really. Daily deals pressure people to buy the game while the deal is good that they normally might now buy.
>>
>>321117764
On the other hand you now have people not buying anything at all because it's too expensive according to them.
>>
File: nanomachines, hun.gif (784 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
nanomachines, hun.gif
784 KB, 320x240
>first sale
>best thing ever so many discounts so many good games cheap building a huge 200+ library
>next sale
>pick up some stuff i missed the first time around and a few new things
>third sale
>meh this sale kinda sucks but i guess i'll pick up some things i couldn't quite afford in the last two
>fourth sale
>at this point probably own every thing you want that isn't a game released that year
>those games get horrible discounts because the games are new
>fuck this sale is so shit
The removal of Flash Sales and Daily Deals really does make things feel more bland though. I don't have that draw to keep getting back on every eight hours to see what's up next, or to vote for Community Choice. Shit is way less fun.
>>
Are there going to be different prices each day on things or this is it until its over?
>>
>>321117631

Blame refunding. People buy shit low then refund later in the day.
>>
>>321117076
Love it.
>>
>>321118116
This is it. If your game is only at 33% or has no sale, you're fucked, family.
>>
>>321118049

They removed voting for sales. Fucking WHY
>>
>>321118234
People are saying it's because of refunds, but honestly Valve could set up a system to track who bought what when and refund them accordingly. They're just too lazy to be bothered with it and know their community will eat it up either way.
>>
reminder to get Grimrock 2
>>
>>321118190
if it comes between having flash sales and having refunds i'd much rather have refunds
>>
>>321118116
Thats it unless you want to blast through the explorer queue 3 times a day for cards or valve do something with their noir comic
>>
File: 30947.gif (2 MB, 350x310) Image search: [Google]
30947.gif
2 MB, 350x310
only thing I'm even remotely interested in is DaS2, but it's still more than I'd like to pay

do you guys think it'll get a daily deal?
>>
>>321118228
Bullsh'.
been waiting on exanima to go on sale even for 10%
>>
>>321117969
Yes, but at the cost of pressuring people NOT to buy things that don't go on daily/flash deals.

Also, people who think the flash sales were discounted deeper are retards.

Go back to any older sale, almost nothing was discounted deeper than 50%, unless it was a flash sale.

Look at the sales going on now, and there's TONS of games getting 75% off or more
>>
>>321114974
Just get a job
>>
>>321118190
That doesn't even make sense! It's not like games stop being refundable if they cost more than a given ammount
>>
Reminder to buy and play KotOR first before embarking on the second game. The first game feels distinctly underwhelming and generic in its story after experiencing the second before it.
>>
>>321116821
SteamEnhanced for chrome.
>>
>>321118405
Dark Souls 2 is fifteen fucking dollars. The fuck is wrong with you
>>
>>321118234
>>321118318
I miss dailies, but voting, seriously? Faggot community always picked the worst choices, sometimes even voting for the same thing on multiple days and leaving other stuff out.
>>
not thrilled about the sale, I admit.

But this would be a good time to actually work on my backlog.

that or get something like TIS-100 or something about programming. Looks interesting enough, but SpaceChem was 3hard5me
>>
>>321118585

The point is that flash sales were a fast and easy way to get people to buy up stuff they might not want at no risk to the publisher since the customer couldn't refund it.

Now that refunds are available for all, they're not going to bother trying to push cheap games that the average player will play for 2 hours and then return.
>>
The sales haven't been getting "shit", you just have too many fucking games in your backlog and the new games don't have big sales because of jew devs/publishers.

>>321117631
It's the same fucking price you would have been paying anyways, you dumb little shit. The principle behind daily deals was always dumb. People wouldn't buy games if they didn't make it to the daily deals page or if it was during the last two days of a sale.
Steam used to have devs fill out how much they'd like to discount their games normally and how much they would be willing to discount them for a flash/daily sale. Now the devs just list one price.
>>
It's fine, after I cut out

>shit my PC can't run
>shit I really don't care to play right now
>shit that will be cheaper before I get around to playing it (generally stuff that is less than 50% off)
>shit I can pirate really easily, specifically stuff that is also on GoG

then it became pretty easy to sift through everything. This is honestly the criteria I should've always used for Steam sales.
>>
>>321118843
So
You're saying flash deals being gone are a bad thing because it means Steam is being LESS Jewish?
What?
>>
>>321118843
Are Ashes of Singularity and Helldivers worth buying this sale?
>>
>>321118804
It isn't about what the "faggot community" picked, it was about that small amount of hype generated while waiting to see who won. Then that sweet release of fucking rage when you saw the winner. Don't be a fag.
>>
>>321114974
As someone with a 10 year old Steam account, these last 2 sales have been the first ones in a while that really got me buying a lot of games again.
>>
>>321118704
>something is wrong with wanting to spend the least amount of money possible for the same product
>>
So all these discounts are set in stone? If something is on the front page and features with 50% off it stays 50% off for the whole sale?
>>
>>321118389
>disable refunds during sales
>all games sold during sales are marked in the system
>"We've detected the game you're attempting to refund was purchased during a sale, we regret to inform you that because of this you are not eligible for a refund."
Alternatively:
>"We've detected the game you're attempting to refund is marked as having been purchased during a sale. Because of this you will only be refunded the lowest price it was recorded at during said sale."
OR
>"We've detected the game you're attempting to refund was purchased during a sale. Because of this you will be refunded the price the game was recorded at during the time of your purchase, as shown on your digital receipt."
>>
Right now, what are the best multiplayer games to get?
>>
is city skylines worth the 13.00 or should i wait until another cheaper sale
>>
>>321119339
I still don't get why they'd have to do that.
If you buy a game, it doesn't matter if it's ten dollars or a thousand. You get a full refund regardless
>>
>>321119339
or just freeze refunds till the end of the sale
>>
>>321119314
Yes.
>>
>want to get gta 5 but feel like i might regret it
>>
>>321119392
warhammer verminitide looks pretty good
>>
>>321118814
Honestly TIS-100 was better for me than SpaceChem
>>
>>321119460
>boot up GTA V
>huge city, tons to do
>have to play as either a nigger, a cuck, or a crazy red neck
>slowly lose interest
>>
>>321119069

I'm saying that publishers are being less apt to put things on flash sale because they're a bunch of jews who don't want to have to deal with refunding $2.49 to everyone who wants to attempt to play revolving door with refunds.
>>
>>321119820
But people are going to play revolving door with refunds regardless
>>
>tfw Helldivers isn't on sale
>>
>>321119339
No that's bullshit, real life stores allow you to refund shit, i've bought some high heels for my girlfriend at full price then the next day they were 70% off, i asked for a refund and they gave me and with the refunds i was even able to buy some nice shoes for her boyfriend
>>
>>321119969

Then they're not going to extend or deepen discounts.

And the revolving door fags will eventually be refused refunds, at which point they'll endlessly bitch about muh rights despite the fact that stores have the right to refuse service.
>>
>>321119820
>>321119969
>two days before sale
>big pop-up on your client
>"Attention Steam User, at this time we would like to inform you that due to the upcoming sale we will be disabling refunds until after the sale has ended. Furthermore, we will not be refunding games sold at a discount for their full price, we will be refunding them for the price shown on your digital receipt only. We'd like to request that you do not attempt to refund a game bought on sale for it's full purchase price, as THIS WILL NOT WORK! Thank you for your time."
>you must click that you've read to continue
>>
>>321116821
IsThereAnyDeal does something similar to that.
>>
>>321119460
My brother got it and regrets it. The multiplayer is built with good goy cards in mind, with everything that made money fast reduced.
>>
>meta is just clicking through queues

what a boring and disappointing event
>>
Is the dlc stuff for RE6 worth it?
>>
>>321120016
Helldivers isn't that good anon.
>>
>>321114974
Yeah some of the games were cheaper in the Thanksgiving sale. It's bullshit Shantae isn't 2.50 now. It was last Christmas sale.
>>
>>321114974
you should stop buying shit every sale so you might have something to buy when big sales come
>>
File: h.jpg (43 KB, 643x247) Image search: [Google]
h.jpg
43 KB, 643x247
>>321118704
Is it actually 15 for you? Because it's 20 for me
>>
>>321120245
kek :^)
>>
>>321121030
Resi 6 isn't even worth £0.50p
>>
>>321121582
I didn't think it too terrible when I played it on my buddies PS3, for less than $8 I don't think it's a bad deal.
I'm just not sure about the Seige, and other two extra modes.
>>
>>321121863
Don't buy the extra modes if you don't have any friends to play with. Multiplayer is dead.
>>
>>321119151
Seconding this, is Ashes of Singularity worth buying?
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.