[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this good for a newbie at rpgs? Seems like there is so much
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1
File: Ni-No-Kuni-Game-Case.jpg (171 KB, 700x600) Image search: [Google]
Ni-No-Kuni-Game-Case.jpg
171 KB, 700x600
Is this good for a newbie at rpgs? Seems like there is so much to learn in this.
>>
>>321111102
>>>/reddit/
>>
Far by the easiest RPG to play.
>>
>>321111102
The fact I recognize where this photo's from just by the carpet and angle it's taken from it beyond depressing.
>>
seemed to much like pokemon so i didn't get it
but try tales if you want a good jrpg that isn't all that challenging
>>
>>321111278
Well I'm a few hours in and sometimes my ass gets handed to me in some battles. Should I switch to easy? What does this do? I just want to enjoy the story and setting.
>>
>>321111471
This was literally the first JRPG I ever finished (played FFX half-way through, some other JRPGs but never finished) and it's pretty easy. If you have a tough time, go look around somewhere else and consider doing a small bit of grinding. I never needed to grind much in Ni No Kuni, but it seemed like I just fell behind in leveling at some points.
>>
>>321111102
It is complete garbage. I beat the whole game and I was utterly disappointed with it. Ending is shit. Battle music is annoying as fuck. Monster taming is stupid and you will end up only using like 2 or 3 monsters per character for the whole game, since evolving them resets them to Lv1.
>>
>>321113496
Okay clearly if you're not this person you may like it more.
>>
>>321111102
No, it's very entertaining and has beautiful artstyle and music.
>>
>>321113496
It does reset but they remember abilities I thought.
>>
I have the downloaded version so in order to decode some of the text, I have to use the xmb manual, which is tiresome. Is this necessary (like tye writing you see on the wand)?
>>
>>321113605
Beating the game isn't satisfying or worth the hassles it takes to get there, every sidequest is a fetch quest, one entire portion of the quests is "go talk to someone, go find the person who has their lacking emotion, go back and give them the emotion" over and over and over.
>>
>>321113807
Just like GTA then. Drive here, shoot this guy. Repeat for 90% of the story.
>>
>>321113807
>>321113496
Not to say NNK is perfect, but it sounds like you're just not into JRPGs.
>>
>>321114060
Are you fucking serious? Even Eternal Sonata is better than Ni no Kuni

I've played more than enough JRPGs. NnK is shit. The DS version was probably well and good but the PS3 version which I played and completed was bad and never gets any better.
>>
>>321113674
yeah what a lot of help that is when i evolve my main monster and it resets to lv1, right before the final dungeon
>>
>>321114285
it's not perfect but I find it really hard to understand how someone could think ni no kuni was just shit.
>>
>>321114285
>Eternal Sonata
Never cared for xbox, but I don't see how that is relevant to my statement anyway.
>>
>>321114425
Shit. This is not what I want then as a complete noob at this stuff. Getting stuck like this. I guess it's wise to make multiple saves.
>>
>>321111102
>pegi 12
this website is 18+, but maybe you would have better luck with pokemon.
>>
>>321114598
It's on PS3 too.
>>
>>321111102
It's a casual game that, due to the battle system, IS NOT for casuals. It requires lots of micromanagement to pull your team through long fights. In a lot of ways it is similar to Start Ocean: The Last Hope. You are basically carrying a team of noobs.
>>
>>321114638
dude it's an easy game, i just personally found it annoying that all my main characters are level 60 and my monsters can barely break 18 or 20 before evolving back to lv1. It doesn't take hours to get them back up there but it does make that mon pretty much useless in actual fighting until it gets back up to lv15 or so
>>
PS4 remaster when? I'm sure they have made the cutscenes in 4k.
>>
it's a huge constant tutorial and has fundamentally flawed gameplay.

i quit right around after fairy part.
>>
>>321115023
I understand. Don't you need to do 1000 battles anyway for a trophy so you would just grind them out again?
>>
>>321111102
Good JRPGs you should play instead:

>FFIX
>Suikoden I + II
>Wild ARMs 1, 2, 3
>>
>>321115112
>Don't you need to do 1000 battles anyway for a trophy so you would just grind them out again?
Sure, if you're one of those stupid fucknuts that gives a shit about worthless achievements.
>>
>>321111102
Combat is garbage and everything after the DS ending is boring filler
>>
>>321115290
Grinding in rpgs is worthless though.
>>
>>321116129
Which has nothing to do with what I said, congratulations.
>>
>>321116356
Trophies are as pointless as getting 100% completion in a game then.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.