[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Your biggest concern or fear with the remake?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 209
Thread images: 33
File: 85250_640.jpg (21 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
85250_640.jpg
21 KB, 640x360
Your biggest concern or fear with the remake?
>>
>>321105871
I don't have one
>>
That it will be superb and I'll have nothing to complain about on an image board.
>>
that people won't shut up about it every single day for years for every single parts while I'm waiting for the whole thing to be released
>>
File: Familiar Faces.jpg (197 KB, 599x880) Image search: [Google]
Familiar Faces.jpg
197 KB, 599x880
I hope the materia system will be just as or more indepth as the original FF7. If it isn't, I think the charm to the game will take a huge plunge.
>>
cloud wont look sexy in the dress
>>
they might shove Lightning into it
>>
It's not even an FF7 Remake. It's just a sequel to Crisis Core.
>>
>>321106524
what's wrong with that? it's just cloud cross-dressing
>>
Who cares about the game, think about the new influx of ff7 hentai that we'll be flooded with.
>>
http://gematsu.com/2015/12/final-fantasy-vii-remake-staff-discuss-voice-dating-scenes-mini-games-more

>Is the map open world?

>Kitase: “We can’t say anything yet, but we don’t plan on fussing about whether it’s a so-called open-world or sandbox. But since Nomura is more focused on the creation of the scenery, we want to express an environment character actions affect the scenery.”
>>
Everything about it is going to be simplified so 'today's gamer' won't feel left out
>>
File: lightning_toriyama.png (874 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
lightning_toriyama.png
874 KB, 1024x768
>>321106524
Lightning in every game! Can't wait!
>>
>>321105871
That it will be more actiony and not turnbased. That they will try to dumb down some of the scenes to make them culturally appropriate, and that they won't do something jewwy like split the game up into multiple parts liek with ff 13
>>
>>321105871
It'll run like ass on the PC.

It'll have MAXJEWAN DLC2WIN
>>
That it will be TOO good.
>>
>>321106670
calling it now, dressing up like Lightning will be one of the options during the part where Cloud picks out his dress.

Don Corneo will like it the best
>>
>>321106812
>simplified

Are you implying the original game wasn't simple?
>>
>>321106842
>culturally appropriate

It's fucking Japan. They don't give a shit.
>>
>>321106959
it's been called too complicated by mornies for years

2many items, 2many materias, complex menus,e tc..
>>
>>321105871
Worst case scenario.
>100% Serious Business, which means no Cloud thrusted by Mukki, no Cloud dressed as a girl, no implied sex under the airship and no funny jokes. [CONFIRMED]
>Combat system will be just like FFXV... [CONFIRMED]
> ... which means you will only be able to control ONE character... [CONDIRMED]
> ... who will ALWAYS be Cloud. "But Anon, you know there are parts of the original game where you just cannot control Cloud" -Those parts will be removed from the remake.
> Caith Sith gets removed as a party character...
> ... which comes with NO Gold Saucer minigames...
> ... as well as all the other minigames (they will just be automatic cutscenes), which will be removed as well...
> ... which is the same fate Emerald/Ruby Weapons will suffer.
>Finally, optional places will be removed and the main story will be drastically cut so it will be a linear shitfest.
>>
>>321106803

fucking dropped

all my hype is literally gone
>>
>>321106524
>they keep the cross dressing sequence in
>if you choose all of the best clothes and accessories, Cloud comes out of the dressing room looking like Lightning.

Actually, that would be funny.
>>
>>321107089
>complex menus

I don't believe this. Post source.
>>
>>321107114
>> ... who will ALWAYS be Cloud. "But Anon, you know there are parts of the original game where you just cannot control Cloud" -Those parts will be removed from the remake.

That right there is what worries me the most.
>>
>>321106924
>Don Corneo is Toriyama

I can't believe we have to wait until after KH2HD and World of FF before more information. I just want to see Tifa damn you!

>tfw the game will probably have DLC up the ass
>>
File: Bugenhagen.gif (142 KB, 216x380) Image search: [Google]
Bugenhagen.gif
142 KB, 216x380
>>321107114
Oh good, the autistic shitposters have started rolling in.
>>
File: haha dingos.png (763 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
haha dingos.png
763 KB, 800x800
>>321106803

>it's literally going to be FF 13

fucking kek
>>
i hate that clouds hair is more symmetrical
i just want to snip his bangs on one side
>>
>>321105871
That I will die before it releases.
>>
>>321107446
So please, enlighten us with a more accurate worst case scenario.
>>
>>321105871
Worried it will be too angsty, lack any charm and have large amounts of cut content and be broken down into multiple non open world games spanning across 3+ discs each with a big pricetag.

Oh wait I'm not even going to buy it. But that's what's going to happen.

If you but this game; Enjoy your hallway simulator.

>>321106524
I'm fairly certain we will see this. Won't be able to play as anyone but cloud of course. EXCEPT for the lightning DLC.
>>
>>321106524
Nice
>>
the world map being completely taken out. I don't want it to be too linear.
>>
>>321107614
>I don't feel like making a wall of greentext. [CONDIRMED]
>>
>>321107704
it was already pretty linear either way, the world map didn't really let you go anywhere except the next story location until near the end of the game

was just a few minor detours like to get gonna die's limit break, and stuff like wutai that could be integrated without a world map
>>
Aeristhsth becomes a pure jesus waif
>>
>>321107114

>ending your conjecture with CONFIRMED

Kill yourself.
>>
>>321107689
>Worried it will be too angsty
This more than anything is my biggest worry. Because Cloud's character has been heavily flanderized in the past 10 years. And I'm afraid Cloud's snark and dickery won't be present or at least heavily subdued.
>>
>>321107704
see
>>321106803

Welcome to your nightmare.
>>
>>321108025
>Aerith is afraid of the sky because she feels it'll swallow her up
>>
People are freaking out over the whole "no open world" nonsense.

I'm thinking it's going to be more like X than XIII. Basically a lot of smaller paths that lead to goodies or sidequests but there's one very obvious main path you go to in the end.
>>
Cut content is a big worry for me.

The episodic release is finally making sense to me price wise as I dont believe they are going to sell 3 seperate games but rather one purchase price like the Walking Dead games.

However I know for a fact shit is getting cut and its obvious Square has NO CLUE what people loved about FF7
>>
File: 1448706375384.jpg (12 KB, 123x260) Image search: [Google]
1448706375384.jpg
12 KB, 123x260
Best girl will be limited to just a cutscene.
>>
>>321108359
don't worry, she'll get a $9.99 DLC costume to look like that the entire game
>>
>>321108262
World map =/= open world/sandbox
>>
>>321107614
Not even him, but half of the shit you said is just blatantly pulled out of your ass.

>100% Serious Business, which means no Cloud thrusted by Mukki, no Cloud dressed as a girl, no implied sex under the airship and no funny jokes. [CONFIRMED]
The cross dressing sequence was one of the earliest things to be confirmed. The others, we can't say yet.

Final Fantasy XV doesn't have any menu options on the screen you faggot. VII does.

>... which means you will only be able to control ONE character... [CONDIRMED]
Except the trailer clearly shows you controlling Barret while Cloud attacks a group of soldiers in the background.

> ... who will ALWAYS be Cloud. "But Anon, you know there are parts of the original game where you just cannot control Cloud" -Those parts will be removed from the remake
See above, faggot.

> Caith Sith gets removed as a party character...
What possible reason would they have to do this?

>... which comes with NO Gold Saucer minigames...
They've already confirmed that fan favourite mini games will return

>... as well as all the other minigames (they will just be automatic cutscenes), which will be removed as well...
See above, faggot.

>> ... which is the same fate Emerald/Ruby Weapons will suffer
Based on no evidence whatsoever

>Finally, optional places will be removed and the main story will be drastically cut so it will be a linear shitfest.
This is the only point you have which actually may come true.

You shitposting fuck.
>>
>>321105871
it will remove all the sexist and racist tropes that plagued video games pre-2013
>>
>>321108502
Exactly. People are thinking the original world map counts as open world. It doesn't. There's lots of weird places to walk around on the world map but that doesn't count when 95% of where you walk is just where you fight random encounters.
>>
File: FF7 is best FF period.jpg (154 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
FF7 is best FF period.jpg
154 KB, 1280x720
Finally getting around to completing FF7 as I had played it years ago on a PS1 emulator on PC, but got distracted and stopped at Costa Del Sol. A best bro of mines loves FF7 with all of his heart so I wanted to complete it too. He beat this shit like 20 times though.

So now I started over on the PSP which is comfy.

This is not a meme
This is not baiting

FF7 is THE BEST in the franchise and i'm sorry if you think otherwise.

Graphically? Inferior to every other FF
Story? Superior
Music? Superior
Lore?Superior
Pacing?Superior
Content?Superior
Battle system? Superior

The backstory for Aerith had a nigga crying.
The conspiracies behind Shinra is amazing
I could go on and on.

And I've played others in the series and FF7 is superior. It just is /v/ face it. The Remake will be shit though it's just not the same world we live in.
>>
File: Cloud.Strife.full.1531932.jpg (133 KB, 800x700) Image search: [Google]
Cloud.Strife.full.1531932.jpg
133 KB, 800x700
>>321108475
>Implying I wouldn't gladly pay for that.
>>
File: i dunno.png (72 KB, 968x647) Image search: [Google]
i dunno.png
72 KB, 968x647
THAT THE CHOCOBO RACING IS WATERED DOWN

THAT CHOCOBO BREEDING HAS BEEN WATERED DOWN

THAT THE LIMIT/SUMMON VISUALS WILL BE WATERED DOWN

I don't understand the world map freakout though. Based on the information given, being episodic, wouldn't we just be stopped from going to a certain area on the world map until the newer part is out? Kind of like a DICS 2?

I seen this quote >>321106803 they're not saying it's linear
>>
File: laughingsluts.png (444 KB, 465x455) Image search: [Google]
laughingsluts.png
444 KB, 465x455
>people on /v/ actually think this is going to be good
>they think they wont change the combat because turn-based isnt "modern"
>they think they wont cut content
>they think they wont remove silly moments because they "just wouldnt fit"
>they think it wont just be FF13

enjoy your episodic hallway simulator faggots
>>
>>321107114

Do you mean confirmed for not being true?

They said they're leaving goofy shit in, the combat is nothing like XV, and they've already confirmed switched 3 character parties.

Please kill yourself right now.
>>
>>321108876
>Summons will be watered down

No way have you seen ff15.

Limits yeah for sure I dont see how magical comets are going to appear for cloud
>>
>>321108004
I hate the select where you go shit. It's fine in some games but I prefer world maps. I really doubt they can do it like ff12 either. There's also still some optional shit on the world map and stuff like avoiding that giant snake with the chocobo and diving underwater. There's also the airship with Cid and Wutai and finding that bitch in the waterfall. Also hearing the world map theme and airship themes was awesome.
>>321108147
It's still vague
>>
That it won't release before 2020.
>>
>>321106803
No, please not another FF13
>>
>>321109006
FFXV and FF7R seem to be following very different paradigms. Or at the least XV seems to have a lot more work thrown into it
>>
I'm really hoping for Crisis Core style combat.
>>
Voice Acting.
>>
That we'll be stuck with the buster sword the whole game cause muh series symbol
>>
>>321105871
The battle system will end up being some half assed action combat that is just a chore to play. Kinda like a the lightning games.
>>
That the Aerith or however the fuck you spell her name will be censored in some fashion.
>>
>>321105871
>Your biggest concern or fear with the remake?

Tifa's tits being smaller, even Cidney's tits don't live up to the size.

Yuffie's shorts being zipped up.

That's about it.
>>
>>321109157
oops. I mean it's still vague but I do believe they're gonna fuck it up.

Also sorry, I about repeating Wutai but there are modern games that do world maps really well. Dragon Quest VIII had a really good one and I thought Ni No Kuni's was fine as well though I was disappointed by the final island with basically nothing on it.
>>
>>321109157
don't get me wrong, I like the world map too

I was just saying it didn't impact the game's linearity

and lot of the world map stuff could still be implemented in regular areas -- having to avoid a giant midgar zolom in a regular area would be fun too
>>
>>321109261
>press x to win

Please go play Kingdom Hearts, and never grace the Final Fantasy series with your presence again.
>>
>>321109548

>press one button to win

Just like FF7?
>>
File: 1393508046288.jpg (21 KB, 201x219) Image search: [Google]
1393508046288.jpg
21 KB, 201x219
>>321105871
total of episodes exceeds $60 combined

worst case scenario: they're all $60 each
likely scenario: they're $30-40 each
not happening, never ever: $15 each
>>
>>321106967
>he thinks this remake is for Japan

This is Fallout levels of normalfag sales up for grabs in the west anon.
>>
>>321105871
none, just going to enjoy it as something new from something I love. I trust the devs
>>
>>321109261

You actually like CC's combat?
>>
>>321105871
The ones that have alreafy been realized
>>
>>321105871
I don't understand how the fuck we will fight the Weapons with this new battle system. It will be as stupid and boring as fighting that giant dinosaur in 13.
>>
>>321109918

It was boring in the original game, it'll be boring now.
>>
>>321109517
It would still ruin the atmosphere. Like the part where the meteor is falling, the bubble over north crater that knocks you back, and stuff. I'd be ok if they take out the world map and implemented it in a good way like you suggest but I really doubt it. I liked how ff12 did it. I really miss driving airships over the world too.
>>
>>321109918
how was fighting them in the original not boring?

it was just about having a right setup and letting it go
>>
>>321105871
Buisness model desu. That's the only one.
>>
>>321110256
It was 1997.
>>
>>321109692
It's really not. I think you are overestimating how relevant Final Fantasy is in the west anymore (or anywhere for that matter), and underestimating how much normies eat Bethesda's shit up
>>
>>321105871
There is no reason to remake this game.
>>
>>321109650
Start a fresh 7 up and just press X the entire time. No healing, no items, no summons see how far you get.
>>
>>321110256

nostalgiafags like to pretend otherwise
>>
>>321109501
>Tifa's tits being smaller
Pretty much this so if they fuck that up I'm pretty much jumping ship.
>>
>>321110491
Start a fresh 7r up and just press X the entire time. No healing, no items, no summons see how far you get :^)
>>
>>321110491

Do the same thing in the XV demo, see how far you get, especially in a game full of goblins.
>>
No overworld
Story changes
Tifa looking blatantly asian again
>>
>>321110256
Sorry friend I forgot but in my day I couldn't just look up the optimum build via my smart phone.
>>
>>321110491
>Start a fresh 7 up and just press X the entire time. No healing, no items, no summons see how far you get.

Why would you restrict menu navigation?

Even starting up KH, not moving around and just hitting X will get you killed fast.
>>
>>321110623
Pretty sure I made it to the Shinra building doing something like that
>>
>>321111150
Are you a time traveler?
>>
>>321110764
actually you could, guides were all over the place even in 1997

but that doesn't change what those fights were, it was mostly just preparation even without no help

you could tell me that preparing for the fights was fun, but the fight itself was just the result
>>
>>321105871
using real money at gold saucer
>>
>>321110809

He's just being a nostalgia-fag. They like to pretend 7's combat was really deep and hardcore.
>>
>>321111234
>you could tell me that preparing for the fights was fun, but the fight itself was just the result
This was exactly how it felt, it was fun to grind out the materia/levels/sources/items you needed but when the fight finally came it was over in an instant.
>>
>>321107114
>>100% Serious Business, which means no Cloud thrusted by Mukki, no Cloud dressed as a girl, no implied sex under the airship and no funny jokes. [CONFIRMED]
I wish, those were the worse parts of the game.
>>
>>321111231
What did you want to know

It gets a 40/40 by Famitsu by the way
>>
>>321111435
Post spoilers :^)
>>
Not coming out on PC I suppose.

I'm not that interested or invested so it's not something I care that much about. But being able to play it someday might be fun.
>>
>>321110491

I've done that once.

Got up to Wall Market.
>>
>>321107114

That's fucking wrong. Even in the tiny bit of gameplay we've seen they show you controlling Cloud as well as Barrett.
>>
>>321105871
The only thing that would bother me is on-disc DLC or bullshit like "pay $25 to save Aerith"
>>
That regardless of Tifa's tit size threads will be nothing more than bitching about it.

Who gives a fuck.
>>
They've already come true with the really piss poor excuse they came up with for making this into multiple games.
>>
>>321113146

The saddest part is people actually bought into it.
>>
My fears have already been realised.

-Overworld is most likely gone
-Complete redesign of character, unauthentic to their original design
-Game is divided into pieces (akin to a 'episode' business-model)
-Action RPG
-Various scenes and humour will probably be altered/ censored

In general, the charm of the original game will be lost and irrecognizable.

The fact that SE is strongly set on capitalising it should worry many.

in b4 nostalgia googles
>>
Tifa's breast reduction and censorship
>>
Nothing. I already played the original.
>>
>>321113468
>-Complete redesign of character, unauthentic to their original design

Besides Barret having sunglasses, everyone looks spot on so far.
>>
File: 1379794939970.gif (108 KB, 451x311) Image search: [Google]
1379794939970.gif
108 KB, 451x311
>>321106061
this.
>>
>>321105871

Honestly, everything I've seen so far. The action battle system, the traversal through the world, the strong indication that there won't be a world map.

I wanted a remake with improved graphics and cutscenes and some gameplay improvements. As it is, we're getting DLC for FFXV that takes place during FFVII. It won't be the same game, just the same (possibly censored) story.
>>
Why is this even a debate?

Everyone is going to buy all of the FF7 remakes.
Or at least the first one.

It's pretty much going to be the Starwars 7 of vidya releases.

All though apparently Yokai Watch 2 the movie outsold ST7 even on a global scale.
>>
File: 1450701707558.jpg (315 KB, 1028x579) Image search: [Google]
1450701707558.jpg
315 KB, 1028x579
>>321107114

i hope you can choose who you want to control in battle or exploration. besides the times when cloud is absent he has to be in the group and cutscenes are triggered normally with him being the main character, but besides that you could be fighting as barret, cid or somebody else. i really hope they make this happen
>>
>>321113853

It'll be the Phantom Menace of remakes. Hotly anticipated, huge initial sales but everyone will look back on it with disdain.
>>
>>321113968
No, that was the compilation.
>>
>>321113902
>i hope you can choose who you want to control in battle

This was already confirmed ages ago. How fucking misinformed are you people?
>>
>>321105871
Too much parts, i can eat 3 or 4, but more than that i cant accept.

I know there will be incredible backgrounds, more content, materia system, fun gameplay, and characters resembling what they should, but the only thing i dislike for now is the episode thing. I hope they dont divide it too much.
>>
>>321113853

If it's shit then I'm not buying it. I'll just watch a playthrough of it, while playing the original.
>>
>>321113468
>My fears have already been realised.
>most likely
>will probably
Kinda sounds like they haven't been realised yet.
>>
>>321113468
>My fears have already been realized
>Overworld is most likely gone
>Various Scenes and humor will probably be altered/censored
>fears have already been realized
>most likely
>will probably be

I mean, sure, your other complaints are valid albeit much can be said about them as well, but talking about something that hasn't been confirmed doesn't make much sense.
>>
>>321114057

[citation needed]
>>
>>321105871
That modern square would fuck it up.

I'm not surprised that they did.
>>
>>321114746
>they did
I'm surprised that you're not surprised they already released the game.
>>
File: barret.jpg (38 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
barret.jpg
38 KB, 768x432
>>321114057
>>321114530
The only gameplay video so far showed both Cloud and Barret being controlled at different times in the same battle.

Not exactly confirmation, but it's there.
>>
>>321113721

>so far

He's porbably first in line.

>>321114394
>>321114407

Fair enough, however, I'd argue the current changes are strong indications that other drastic revisions are incoming.
>>
>>321114530

jesus christ you're retarded

here I'll fucking spoonfeed you like the dumb baby you are

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/12/07/final-fantasy-vii-remake-gets-more-information-on-party-size-battle-character-graphics-and-more/

>The party will include three members like in the original game, and you’ll be able to freely switch the one you’re controlling among them at any time. On the other hand, if you don’t want to switch, there won’t be any need to.
>>
>>321115078
>He's porbably first in line.

But Barret looks fucking great. You'd have to be pretty fucking autistic for sunglasses to rustle you this much.
>>
File: nani.jpg (59 KB, 437x431) Image search: [Google]
nani.jpg
59 KB, 437x431
I'm so fucking mad they changed it to open world environments, I want my pre-rendered backgrounds. Everyone wanted this.
>>
>>321115345
>Everyone wanted this

You're not everyone.
>>
>>321115345
>Everyone wanted this
I didn't.
>>
>>321113853
Yo-Kai Watch 2 = US$8.71 million
Star Wars VII = $610.8 million
>>
I would pay for the chance to know Nomura and tell him "save gaming please, dont screw up. If you do this right, you'll earn millions and recognizement. Please, dont play with our memories" While i put my hands in his shoulders

i'm pretty sure Nomura knows the fact that if they screw up this, they'll never gonna make more FF's.
>>
I am 99% sure they will tone down the goofy sequences like the Honeybee Inn, homosex dating and Barret acting like a nignog in favor being more politically correct

Which is also the one thing I absolutely don't want for the remake
>>
File: 1449147272865.png (309 KB, 640x448) Image search: [Google]
1449147272865.png
309 KB, 640x448
>>321115434
>>321115460
Neither did everyone want turn based combat or fat tits tifa.
>>
>>321105871
It already happened.
>>
>>321105871
That it will be terrible or mediocre at best like all the things that Squeenix has shat out in the last 15 years.
>>
>>321115702

what the fuck are you on about retard
>>
my biggest concern is with people tripping all over themselves to be the biggest fan of the original, calling every small change shit

apparently they wanted an emulation down to the CD loading but with the ability to pay 60$ for it
>>
File: Cloud.png (196 KB, 600x323) Image search: [Google]
Cloud.png
196 KB, 600x323
I have no expectations so I have nothing to worry about.
>>
>>321110606
>>321109501
pretty much, it's an instant
DROPPED
moment if it happens
>>
>>321113542
is that likely though?
>>
>>321116207
>>321109501
>>321110606
who let out the virgins
>>
>>321115158

You have to be equally autistic if you think my jimmies are severely rustled. His sunglasses don't look too hot though, and it could be a sign of unwanted changes on the horizon, just sayin'.
>>
Who will Troy Baker voice?
Will the best VA for Sephiroth return?
What will they call her, Aerith or Aeris?
>>
Materia being neutered
>>
File: aerisdresscloud.jpg (417 KB, 1162x1247) Image search: [Google]
aerisdresscloud.jpg
417 KB, 1162x1247
>>321106803
I hope this just means that it'll be more like FF7's world map and less like FFXV's open world, and not that they're doing away with the world map altogether.

I'm all for sacrificing a sandbox if it means we get stellar versions of classic FFVII locations, butbI don't want it to be a series of hallways...

Anyway, my primary concerns;
>they'll just use the Advent Children OST rather than remake the classic OST
I like AC's soundtrack, bur it fit the "over-the-top action movie" tone of the flick, it would be shit in the actual remake.

>Aerith won't be the confident fiery woman to balance out Tifa's betaness.
Aerith was a big reason FFVII was so enjoyable to me. I haven't been digging her recent Compilation depictions, but none of them were actually during her prime, so we'll see.

>Zack will be given a bigger role because lf his popularity.
This is my biggest concern. Zack worked best as an element of Cloud's past that helped develop him as a character. Part of what made him interesting is that we barely knew anything about him other than he was Cloud's friend, that he was a total bro, and that he died in a very tragic and shocking manner. I kind of feel like Crisis Core cheapened him as a character by just making him a reactionary element to his own story until the very scene where things SHOULD have been spontaneous and sudden, at which point he willingly charges to his death.
>>
>>321116554
DLC materia. It's going to happen.
>>
>>321107173
Would literally have no qualms with that at all - light fan service, makes sense aesthetically and doesn't detriment the game at all.
>>
That it will be the same as the original, and people will hate it because they're not 13 anymore and they don't think edgy anime stories are good anymore.
>>
>>321113721
This. I was shocked how spot on Jessie, Biggs and Wedge were as ever since I started thinking about this remake over a decade ago I pictured them being unrecognizable after AC. I couldn't picture their old looks with proper proportions but they fucking nailed it.

As for Barret, I was put off by his redesign the first time I watched it but ever since I've been warming up to the new look and think it kind of "evokes" the feel I got from him in the original when I played it the first time maybe even better that the concept art did. I just hope he takes the shades off when they return back to 7th Heaven as they would interfere with his more emotional scenes with Marlene, the death of the Avalanche members and Dyne.

The thing about this remake though is that it's based off of a game that was constantly shifting art style and I think that really changes people's perception of what the characters are supposed to look like. That's why there are some people angry about it.

I mean, a lot of people might have wanted chibi models or think Cloud should be wearing something resembling the purple pyjamas he wore in the outer combat graphics but the truth is that even in the original they won't supposed to look like that.

You could tell from the battle system graphics and the fmvs where they had proper proportions that the game wanted to look more like the concept art but they were limited by the technology, so this was always the look they were going to go for and I think they've achieved with this remake thus far and while it's certainly realistic they've strayed just far enough from AC where everyone looks colourful and charming.

The other thing people ignore is the PS3 tech demo. You think when all the palaver came out about remaking the game during that time that the majority of people were expecting something more cartoony or stylized? Square would have gotten slaughtered for it. Hell, they got a taste of that reaction during the unveiling of the port.
>>
>>321116570
What he probably meant was that the enviorment wasnt gonna be like players think.

For example, if he says "its an open world" then everybody will think "oh, like skyrim" but maybe it isnt like that.
If he says "its not open world" then everybody will think there are not gonna be a world and there's only gonna be a a linear hallway
So, Its probably a new concept. For example, how would you call FFXII map or areas? Open world? no, right?
>>
>>321116323
>Only virgins like tits and character designs that are faithful to the original designs
>>
>>321116601

Oh man, I imagine SE wouldn't hestiate create , gamebreaking, downloadable EXP multiplier enhancing materias.

I can already see it coming up during the business/conference meetings.
>>
>>321115090

So basically we will control one character while the other two act as retards like on ffxiii?
>>
File: Tifa.jpg (192 KB, 895x905) Image search: [Google]
Tifa.jpg
192 KB, 895x905
>>321117241
>original designs
You mean this old thing?
>>
At this point i just don't give a fuck about anything anymore.
I just want to see Yuffie in HD
>>
real talk? Cloud doesn't get raped by a bunch of gay guys, not even in the original. He gets in a hot tub with him. The famous dialogue choice where he says "it hurts" is followed up by him saying there are too many people in the hot tub.

If this is too racy for 2017 or whenever this comes out then we have clearly lost as a society
>>
>>321105871
The length of each episode
The pricing of each episode
The fucking retarded episodic system in the first place.
>>
>>321117443
Perfection.
>>
File: tifa.jpg (133 KB, 693x1133) Image search: [Google]
tifa.jpg
133 KB, 693x1133
I really, really hope they don't censor Tifa with a more conservative costume and/or much reduced breasts.
>>
File: 1450146960820.jpg (27 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1450146960820.jpg
27 KB, 600x600
>>321105871
Barret isnt a fucking giant anymore.
>>
>>321115345
>Everyone wanted this
I didn't, but I want the sauce on those nuts.
>>
File: 1416526299229.jpg (127 KB, 693x693) Image search: [Google]
1416526299229.jpg
127 KB, 693x693
>>321117861

>that face

>>
>>321105871
They say that the multiple episodes will "experiment with different gameplay ideas", I assume that means the first episode will be action RPG style as we saw in the trailer, and one will obviously be turn-based like the original. But there will obviously be more than 2 episodes, what will they do for the gameplay for them?
>>
File: image.jpg (5 KB, 59x89) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
5 KB, 59x89
>>321108760
But FF6 has the best ost in any vidya.
>>
I just wanted FF7 HD, not FF7R.
And no, not the current "remaster" we have on Steam. They'll change things for the sake of change.
>>
File: 1447457419000.jpg (30 KB, 480x342) Image search: [Google]
1447457419000.jpg
30 KB, 480x342
>>321117861
>>321118149
What the fuck is up with that face.

If they wanted to make her prettier, they failed; she fucking looks like those sex dolls
>>
>>321118198
That's a funny way to spell IX.
>>
>>321108760
FF8's Music was also top notch. The FF7 Materia system cannot be beaten though.
>>
File: 1378593816041.jpg (43 KB, 502x693) Image search: [Google]
1378593816041.jpg
43 KB, 502x693
>>321117861
this!
>>
>>321116396
He's voicing Dio. Screencap this post.

And it'll be Aerith since that's what she's called in other media.
>>
>>321118309
relax that's a fan render
>>
File: 1449381322265.png (351 KB, 520x678) Image search: [Google]
1449381322265.png
351 KB, 520x678
>>321118565
Oh, geez anons, don't scare me like that.

I mean, what age is Tifa, on her early 20's? That face looks like it was ripped off a 11 year old children
>>
>>321117861
Is that even possible? They're keeping everything from the original after all.
>>
>>321109656
>60
I feel like $20 bucks each would be reasonable because it would total out to $60.

Hope they don't go all Shlomo Von Shekelstein on us.

They probably will.
>>
>>321105871

I was never looking forward to it in the first place and knew it'd be shit if it ever came about, so I have no fears really. All I care about is what the localization will be like.
>>
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 275x183
>>321105871
Why does Cloud have the AC looking hair instead of how it looked in FF7? Even Smash got it right.
>>
>>321118892
smash doesnt literally care how the hair works
>>
Pretty much everything I warnee everyone about for years has already been confirmed.

>story changes
>content from the original game being cut or redone to be less "offensive" for a modern audience of crybabies.

I lterally gave no hope for this game.
>>
>>321106295
>materia system already a plunge from relics & equipment in FF6
>expecting not a further plunge out of today's emaciated SquareEnix
>>
>>321118734
>>
>>321119159
When will you stop shitposting
damn, ill just gonna ignore this posts
>>
>ctrl-f gackt
>0 results

seriously niggers?
>>
>>321119353

Why do people keep claiming shitpost when someone posts that? That's exactly what I've seen reported on various news sites. Is posting facts shitposting these days or am I missing something?
>>
I'm not really worried about anything, but this game is a no win situation.

>game comes out that is a remake
>"WE JUST WANTED BETTER GRAPHICS, YOU CHANGED TOO MUCH, WASTE OF MONEY!"
>games come out that is a remastering
>"ALL YOU DID WAS JUST MAKE THE GRAPHICS BETTER, WHY WOULD I BUY IT AGAIN? WASTE OF MONEY!"

SE won't be able to satisfy the fans. Let alone /v/, who has already decided to hate this game before and after it comes out to prove to themselves that they were right all along.
>>
File: God bless the queen.jpg (106 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
God bless the queen.jpg
106 KB, 1920x1080
>>321106898
>It'll run like ass on the PC.
THIS, right here folks. Or worst yet: PC port gets cancelled or delayed 3 years after the ps4 launch.
>>
File: 1445908355575.jpg (9 KB, 217x244) Image search: [Google]
1445908355575.jpg
9 KB, 217x244
>>321119637
But don't we shit on anything even before it comes to exist anon?
>>
File: 1448843314364.jpg (30 KB, 334x372) Image search: [Google]
1448843314364.jpg
30 KB, 334x372
>Post your face when they remove Snowboarding, rollercoaster, submarine, and battle arena from the remake
>>
File: 1446931306430.jpg (31 KB, 436x429) Image search: [Google]
1446931306430.jpg
31 KB, 436x429
>>321118075
http://myreadingmanga.info/draw-two-draw2-adhesion-ride-eng/
>>
>>321115803
The idea that just because you wanted something, that makes your opinion more IMPORTANT and CORRECT than somebody else's.

Fuck, I didn't want them to do an FF7 remake at all. I wanted 8.
>>
My biggest concerns is that each part will be short and it'll play too much like XIII
Everything else can come and go
>>
>>321119978
oh wait, wrong one.

http://myreadingmanga.info/draw-two-draw2-if-boys-health-and-physed-taught-practical-skills-2-eng/
>>
>>321119637
>games come out that is a remastering
>"ALL YOU DID WAS JUST MAKE THE GRAPHICS BETTER, WHY WOULD I BUY IT AGAIN? WASTE OF MONEY!"

2bh they should've done this, but also add new stuff like a remastered OST, new side quests, and an updated translation like the FF1-6 remasters.
>>
>>321119196
>materia system already a plunge from relics & equipment in FF6

Kek, it's the single best ability system the series has had to date. Given that the remake will further differentiate the characters' basic roles and play-styles, and hopefully give ore reason to use status effects on things other than the Zolom, there's nothing not to look forward to.
>>
I'm worried they're going to censor/nerf Tifa, because of "social concerns" over big tits in the West
>>
>>321116570
>this just means that it'll be more like FF7's world map and less like FFXV's open world

Pretty much. There's no reason whatsoever to believe that it won't have a map.
>>
>>321120718
>>321117861
Is it a bad sign that we haven't seen a hint of her so far?
>>
>Tifa gets small boobs or censored
DROPPED
>>
>>321119637
Same thing with the episode releases. If SE released it all on one disc or file, they'd have to cut corners and it's something that nobody wants. People would complain even more.

Episodic releases allows them to expand the game, and make it worthwhile for the customer to play, while they're waiting for the next episode. How is it any different from switching disc?

It's the lesser of two evils, but I'm sure /v/ has other things to say.
>>
>>321121214
No.
>>
>>321121242
No they're making it episodic to rip people off, I should know, I post on /v/
>>
>>321121356
why?
>>
>>321121226
it's probably going to happen, you should prepare yourself
>>
>>321116601
No, they'll of course release 'final revision international mix' content as DLC though, as they have with everything else.
>>
Modern Square Enix.
>>
>>321116323
who let out the sjw
>>
>>321122428
>anyone that disagrees with me is an SJW

k
>>
>>321116323
>>321122428
who let the dogs out
Thread replies: 209
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.