[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I like Transistor. Why does /v/ never talk about it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 17
File: transistor-new-concept-art.jpg (44 KB, 638x353) Image search: [Google]
transistor-new-concept-art.jpg
44 KB, 638x353
I like Transistor. Why does /v/ never talk about it?
>>
>>321102723
Good gameplay
Good atmosphere and overall theme
Story is eh
It's filled with SJW progressiveness

I'm glad I didn't have to buy it, since it was one of the free games for PS+
>>
what is there to talk about?

I liked it too but I played it over a single weekend and was done with it
>>
>>321102723
It's too SJW
>>
>>321102723

Because its not good as Bastion
>>
>>321103043
>>321103142
I've never heard anything SJW about it.
>>
>>321103345
it's because it has a woman as protagonist or something
>>
Do you ever see /v/ discuss a game that isn't controverse or on the spotlight?No god hand thread or Sam and max thread.
But try to make a fallout 4 or undertale thread and see what happens.
/v/ isn't much different from reddit or facebook.I'm only here for the steam sale thread to search for hidden gems
>>
>>321103414
>implying the protag wasn't the sword
>>
I never played it and have no interest in it
>>
>>321103414
Red is of the best looking female designs in western games, nothing SJW about her.
She also kills herself, and one of the major reasons is to be with her husband
>>
>>321103526
But sometimes /v/ will have threads about old-style RPGs like Wizardry, or CRPGs in general, or System Shock 2.

The fact that this thread has gotten a few replies means something.

>>321103414
Oh. Not very SJW.
>>
>>321103043
>SJW progressiveness
Like what exactly?
The game is great besides the combat being worse than Bastion. But the improved atmosphere and story make up for it.
>>
Transistor was a complete visual treat with a great soundtrack and style to boot.

But the characters, aisde from aesthetics, were weak and the game too short.

It's a shame because I feel comfy just looking at it.
>>
Maybe I'll try it out eventually. I tried to like Bastion several times but it didn't grab me.
>>
There isnt much stuff to talk about other than the skill combos, ans still half of those were useless.
>>
>>321103327
Have to agree with this anon. It was visually stunning, the gameplay was fun, the soundtrack was solid, but it just didn't captivate me like Bastion did.
>>
>>321103345
>>321103414
I had no problem playing as a chick. It's not noticeable if you play at simply as a game.

It's more within the lore. Like the librarian you absorb is clearly a chick, but her gender is listed as "irrelevant" or some other SJW gender-eliminating word. Grant and Asher are at first shown to look like brothers, but then you find out that they're really gay married and later commit suicide with each other. And that chick with the umbrella? She's all over red and killed a bunch of people, including Red's lover, to get to her or something. There's a bunch of other stuff that I can't remember clearly.
>>
>>321104057
Bastion had some pretty good music, and is a pretty nice game when you just want to beat things up.

I never used half of the weapons or special skill things though.
>>
File: 2014-05-22_00007.jpg (246 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2014-05-22_00007.jpg
246 KB, 1920x1080
>SJW this, SJW that

Fuck, this thread is infested with bait and you're all lapping it up.

Have a wallpaper instead.
>>
Overrated Soundtrack
>>
>>321104507
>a game actually says gender doesn't matter
>WAHH SJW
>being gay is SJW despite them never throwing it in your face and Grant being completely non-flamboyant and normal
>a jealous girl is SJW

Just kill yourself m8, you're more batshit than the people you bitch about.
>>
>>321104657
I liked it a lot. A bit too relaxed sometimes for my taste, but very nice and combined strings and electronics pretty well instead of the usual neo-80s cyberpunk sounding stuff.
>>
File: 2549316-red2.jpg (45 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
2549316-red2.jpg
45 KB, 1280x720
>>
>>321103043
>SJW progressiveness
This is why no one talks about it. Of course there's absolutely nothing wrong with it, this game doesn't shove it in your face and it's very subtle/sparing and their use of progressive shit, but people sperg out at it anyways like a bunch of retards. They don't realize they're just as bad as the SJW they despise.

All that said this game was a 10/10 for me, just as good as Bastion.
>>
>>321102723
It's been out for awhile and there's a limited amount of things to talk about
>>
>>321104815
She's gonna do something to that sword.
>>
It ended far too quickly. The final boss fight was hype as fuck and I wanted more of that. It felt like the entire game was a tutorial for that one moment and suddenly the credits roll. I'd even kill for a multiplayer mode, and I'm normally a single player type of guy.
>>
File: 1419987555326.jpg (45 KB, 672x372) Image search: [Google]
1419987555326.jpg
45 KB, 672x372
I want Supergiant to release a new game right now, but I also want them to take their time.
They're the only company I've seen so far where I like every single game they've made

Even though they've only made two
>>
File: WOWWWW.png (2 MB, 2361x593) Image search: [Google]
WOWWWW.png
2 MB, 2361x593
>>321104507
>>321104694
Also this has to be the person you're talking about.
She's an asexual, autist, loner who only liked building and reworking the city. No SJW buzzwords, no throat-forcing.

Again, kill yourself.
>>
>>321104694
Gender does and doesn't matter. It just depends on the situation of it. In the case of a biography of Bailey Gilande, it just lists where everyone else's gender is as "X". The fact that gender is a field in a short biography of a character, means it is relevant.
>>
>>321102723
God tier music
Gameplay is good, points for trying something new
Story is meh, worse than bastion
Red is great
>>
File: Persona 4.jpg (287 KB, 520x734) Image search: [Google]
Persona 4.jpg
287 KB, 520x734
>>321104507
>It's got some gay characters and characters with ambiguous genders.

SJW garbage.
>>
Because it was like three hours long.
>>
Why would you talk about a game that takes several hours to complete and then you forget about it?
>>
>>321102723
It was shit. I was so disappointed. Bastion was so much better in every way.
>>
>>321105435
Please stop falling for the bait, anon. I'm worried about you
>>
I liked transistor, my biggest gripe with it was how short it felt.
>>
>>321105435
>>321105679
Persona 4 is one of my favorite games. And I would recommend Transistor to a variety of people. I think both are great. I just don't agree with everything in them is all. And I'm not militant about it.
>>
I liked playing the game but I left it unfinished and now feel to much apathy towards it to pick it back up.
Help
>>
It's one of the few settings where these so-called SJW undertones actually felt in place. The city's culture as a whole seemed pretty geared towards producing all sorts of special snowflakes and it was ultimately one of the reasons it all went to shit.
>>
>>321106203
This, sadly. It was fun, but for some reason I kind of just dropped it and tend to forget about it until someone mentions it like this thread.
>>
>>321106203
>>321106389
Where'd you stop?
The side-missions on the cyber-beach are pretty fun.
>>
File: transistor.jpg (224 KB, 1278x720) Image search: [Google]
transistor.jpg
224 KB, 1278x720
>>321102723
Because unfortunately, it's just too short and there really isn't much to discuss anyway. It is, however, a great game and the soundtrack is even better. Also Red's a qt.
>>
>>321105353
Agreed. Transistor didn't click with me like Bastion did, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. It's pretty clear how much Supergiant cares for the quality of their final product, in addition being talented devs. Would love to see what they could create with more funding/resources. It's hard to believe they're only a team of ten or so developers.
>>
Loved it. Definitely one of my favorite "indie" games. Once I finished it I replayed it right away.

Having that said, I thought Bastion was awful , except for the voice acting.
>>
>>321106543
I stopped at the second or third visit to the cyber beach. I tried picking it back up a few months back but couldn't make myself leave the area and actually continue the story
>>
File: transistor.webm (3 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
transistor.webm
3 MB, 640x480
I wish it was longer.

The gameplay was a lot of fun. It was fun to mix and match the different powers. The last boss fight was really, really fucking easy, but it was cool how he could use Turn too. I wish there were more enemies like that.

The story was... eh. Atmosphere was great and the city itself was great, but the story was really rushed. It needed way more room to breathe. I was also really tired of "the country" being used in like three different ways and making everything ambiguous as fuck. Death, a physical area outside Skybank, or whatever exists inside the Transistor. On top of the implication that everyone and everything are just digital constructs, I got sick of trying to decipher it. Plus it feels anticlimactic. You don't really feel Red's deep longing to be with her boyfriend or whatever inside the Transistor, there isn't any gameplay stuff going on to make the player empathize with Red; where you lose the Transistor for a bit or something and are desperate to get it back or anything. You beat the final boss, music swells as you remake three or four areas, then you just kill yourself. It's abrupt and feels contrived.

And then it throws you a really stupid curveball with the NG+ being the bad guy's voice in the Transistor in the beginning. Which was completely unnecessary and meant nothing even in NG+ as the voice goes back to normal after that first cutscene.
>>
>>321106647
She has beautiful eyes.

>>321106712
What was so awful about it? The gameplay seemed pretty solid to me.
>>
>>321106730
Shit gets pretty crazy though, you missed out.
Also playing with the functions dynamic of anything going anywhere and changing aspects was better than Bastion's mechanics.
>>
>>321107069
That's what bums me out. That kind of build-your-own-abilities mechanic is one of my favorites, but I don't have the desire to play around with it anymore even though I know I would love it
>>
it was ok but i just got super bored with it and dropped it at one point and never picked it up again
>>
Transistor is a game I would recommend for the art and music alone. Gameplay wasn't as engaging as bastion, but it was well-balanced and had depth. It was short, but it's not like the game was $60 or anything.

Supergiant could make a game about shoveling dog turds, and if it had Jen Zee and Darren Korb for visuals/music, I'd buy it without hesitation.
>>
>>321102723
The romance was pleasantly well done I thought.
>>
File: t.jpg (193 KB, 1280x602) Image search: [Google]
t.jpg
193 KB, 1280x602
>Oh man, I can't wait to meet all these cool-looking characters and fight against them!
>>
>>321107554
>Gameplay wasn't as engaging
Turn all the Limiters on and don't use the planner.
>>
File: 1450132453054.jpg (96 KB, 449x447) Image search: [Google]
1450132453054.jpg
96 KB, 449x447
>Bad guys throw their superweapon/lynchpin of all their plans at Red
>OH MAN, SOMEONE JUMPED IN THE WAY!
>Whoever was hit would have fallen off the balcony regardless
>They don't attack or detain Red while she's completely alone and defenseless
>They leave their superweapon/lynchpin of all their plans behind
>Then whine all game to Red about getting it back
>>
Good game, one of my GOTY nominations of 2014.

It's just a little short and it doesn't have as much bosses as I'd like.
>>
Any other good games that should be talked about before the thread dies?
>>
It's pretty old already. There was hype for the game because of how good Bastion was, but while being good is just about every aspect, no one part had as much impact as Bastion. The story, music, atmosphere, gameplay etc were all good, but just didn't feel as inspired and original as Bastion. Id say it was talked about as much as it deserved to be.
>>
>>321106948
It's because his second name is bracket.The recursions each begin and end with a bracket.
>>
>>321108484
A P O T H E O N
>>
>>321102723
>released 50 years ago
>nothing to talk about after the first week
>not as good as bastion
It was alright but nothing to write home about
>>
>>321107934
>OH MAN, SOMEONE JUMPED IN THE WAY!
Sybil lied to them and told them that red would be alone.
>>They don't attack or detain Red while she's completely alone and defenseless
She got teleported away immediately afterwards, they couldn't go looking for her because the process showed up.
>They leave their superweapon/lynchpin of all their plans behind
Teleported away along with red and dead guy.
>Then whine all game to Red about getting it back
If they had have gotten it back then they would have been able to fix everything.
>>
>>321107013
mostly the gameplay. I can't be bothered with dodge-and-kite gameplay without any variety. Transistor has 10/10 combat. One of the best combat systems of any game I've ever played, with hundreds of different abilities. Played game on hardmode with different mines only. Was fun as fuck.
>>
>>321105146
I think she's gonna put it in it's sheath.
>>
>>321102723
v is for witcher 3 shilling only. btw buy it on gog.com
>>
>>321102723
overall its an alright game, looks really nice and plays well enough. What really impressed me was all the different motivators it had for you to keep experimenting with the different powers in different slots. It was very creative in that regard and I hope other games take note
>>
The gameplay looked interesting but it was severely limited by the meter. It was just good amounts of action followed by a lot of waiting.
>>
>>321106948
>mix and match powers
>put void and bounce in upgrade slot for crash
>breach in passive
>put load in upgrade slot for spark
>get your enemies in a cluster
>turn, crash for max debuffs on enemy
>then spam spark in group
>profit
>>
>>321107575
My biggest disappointment. After seeing Sibyl's process form, I was hyped to see the others turn. The final boss was great though. I love mirror matches.
>>
>>321109191
>Teleported away
Red teleported literally downstairs. To the bottom of the building where they were because he the boyfriend fell off the balcony after being stabbed.

Which is why BOYFRIEND SHOWED UP being some huge problem with their plan is retarded. If he hadn't shown up, Red would have been stabbed and fell off the balcony with the sword in her. They'd still have to go get it.
>>
>>321110025
You don't have to wait for the meter to do stuff.
>>
>>321102723
I liked it too, but Bastion was better.
>>
I got bored with Bastion even before I finished it, so never got into Transistor.
>>
File: 2015-03-24_00004.jpg (135 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
2015-03-24_00004.jpg
135 KB, 1600x900
>>321104630
such a pretty game
was going to 100% it but never got around to it
>>
>>321103327
>>321104403
Bastion is not even great. I really don't get why people are as into it as they are.
>>
>>321103043
>It's filled with SJW progressiveness

You're a fucking retard. It has probably the most subtle gay couple in gaming history that you probably don't even know about.
>>
>>321102723
its short as fuck
the game is easily broken and the last boss died like a bitch in my game
good soundtrack
>>
>>321111502
Because people have different opinions than you and "Bastion is not even great" is not a fact?
>>
>>321111248
You still had to wait for the meter none the less.
>>
>>321104507
>gays commiting suicide

Yeah man the SJWs would love this shit.

God you're a moron.
>>
>>321110830
Users can telekinetically control the transistor, see reds flourish, the ending and even the flashback when grant throws the sword at them (he doesn't throw it just holds his hand out).

If i remember right it has something to do with the boyfriend not having his information registered in the city.It makes the transistor reboot which lets a new user log in (Red happens to be the next person to touch it,
>>
I wonder how much more discussed Transistor would be if Red was single.
>>
>>321111689
Outside of having a decent soundtrack, Bastion did nothing new and wasn't even an indie game to boot. It is a fact that Bastion isn't great, it just happened to get attention during a time when indie games were at their most popular, and it was able to blanket itself as such.
>>
>>321111796
No, you don't. Being able to do stuff outside of using the meter means that you don't "have to" wait for the meter.
>>
>>321112092
>It is a fact that Bastion isn't great

I wish I had that picture of "Binky's FACT or OPINION" game.
>>
>>321108612
Pretty much this.
>>
>>321112092
>It is a fact that Bastion isn't great

It's actually a fact that Bastion is great. Checkmate.
>>
>>321111843
I don't remember anything about the boyfriend's data corrupting the Transistor, but that still doesn't change my gripe about the villains' plan going to shit because they are too lazy to walk downstairs.

The Process showing up in the city doesn't mean they should immediately completely leave the area, especially if the only tool to fight/control the Process is just downstairs with the only obstacle between them and it being a scared and defenseless woman.
>>
File: 1396389853051.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1396389853051.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>321106267
this
every single character (or at least most of them) were SPECIAL. Muh autistic builder, gay couple, ruler of the city, even the main character is a snowflake.
>>
>>321112270
>implying a decent soundtrack is "doing something new"

At least make coherent arguments. Bastion had a good soundtrack, story, atmosphere, and addictive gameplay. These are generally the reasons it's considered a good game. It was a big surprise from a relatively unknown studio that hit all the right notes with alot of people. It's fine if you don't like it but don't go parading your opinion around as fact especially when most of the civilized world disagrees with it.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (80 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
80 KB, 1280x720
>>321110830

Downstairs where? Not saying you're absolutely wrong, but considering you use a motorcycle just to go from the game's starting point to the stage she was attacked in, We're clearly not making the same connections you are.
>>
>>321111510
There was nothing subtle about the gay couple. The other gay love thing was one sided, not a couple. I still don't think it was really SJW progressive.
>>
>>321112796
meant for
>>321112092
>>
>>321104507
>gay people ruined everything

???
>>
>>321112868
Most people didn't even catch onto the gay shit. Nobody cares.
>>
>>321102723
I found the setting and music a little dull.
Bastion was the opposite in that sense.

Although the gameplay was more interesting, that's not why we play SuperGiant games.
>>
>>321112829
Assuming she's attacked at the theater, you're right.

But then that opens up a whole new problem with the story where it's based on a freak contrivance where Red and Boyfriend-corpse are teleported halfway across the city for literally no reason. Neither of their functions or anything is tied to teleportation.
>>
>>321112829
My understanding was that she performed that night, the bad guys followed her home, expecting her to be alone there based on Sybil's info, and then were surprised that her boyfriend was there. He was stabbed and fell out the window into that little plaza area the game starts in.

It's hard to tell because all the "cutscenes" are stylized in ways to be completely ambiguous.
>>
>>321113709
Royce mentions in his dialogue that killing someone with the transistor 'takes you away'
>>
I was expecting there to be porn of Red since this game was announced. There is practically nothing out there, how disappointing.
>>
>>321114218
2pure4porn
>>
>>321114214
>The game never directly addresses how Red and the Transistor were teleported out of the Empty Set, nor does it explain Red's muteness. Royce explains that one side-effect of killing someone with the Transistor is that the device itself will "take you away - wherever you are, it'll take you away." However, the question of why it affects Red, but not Grant (who was using the device) is never explored.

Like I said, freak contrivance.
>>
>>321114463

It is. It's probably the biggest plothole.
>>
>>321114463
Additionally, it doesn't really make sense because the bad guys are the ones who killed the boyfriend, not Red. So it should have "taken them away" or whatever, not Red and his corpse.
>>
>>321113709

This I can mostly agree with, most of the effects after that one event seem to happen only for the sake of story convenience, with the only possibly sort of explanation being the lover not being registered and making shit get weird inside the Transistor, which still makes things awfully vague.

>>321113970

As that screenshot shows, Sybil stayed on the stage knowing Red would return (she was clearly present during the attack) and ended up being processed. It's easy to assume she was therefore attacked on stage.
>>
>>321114663
At least I can ease up a bit on the villains for being a bunch of whiny faggots who just ask for their sword back over and over again.

Still hate them because two of them kill themselves before you get to interact with them in any way and the whole YOU MUST DEFEAT THE FOUR NINJA MASTERS set up with the Camerata got completely dashed because of it.
>>
File: Death.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Death.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>321114218
How can you think about porn after seeing that?
>>
>>321114981
I'd impale her with my transistor if you know what I mean

This game would have been more popular with porn.
>>
played about an hour and tried to refund it but i had purchased it too long ago.

forced myself to finish it but didn't really care for it, didn't like the story or characters or having to go through menus to get some backstory on the world.

great atmosphere but i didnt care for the naration because it reminded me too much of bastion
>>
>>321114898
I just figured that Sybil said she figured that Red would come back to the stage because Red was a singer and she was at the stage all the time. People talked about Red shining on the stage all the time and it just seemed like the place Sybil would go to wait for Red because she'd eventually show up there again.
>>
File: 1447702032123.jpg (69 KB, 306x331) Image search: [Google]
1447702032123.jpg
69 KB, 306x331
>>321114981
>his pleading for her not to do it
>>
File: 53312682.jpg (15 KB, 197x200) Image search: [Google]
53312682.jpg
15 KB, 197x200
>>321114981
Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.