[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Sin and Punishment 64 better than the Wii sequel? Thinking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 10
File: sinandpunishment.jpg (84 KB, 250x348) Image search: [Google]
sinandpunishment.jpg
84 KB, 250x348
Is Sin and Punishment 64 better than the Wii sequel?

Thinking bout getting it on Wii U eshop.
>>
>>321101497
It's just as good, but you might have to get used to the controls.
>>
I finished this game two times
Still understand fuck nothing about the plot
>>
>>321101497
Sin and punishment 2 is one of the best games of all time in my opinion

1 is comparatively shit tier but still good in its own right
>>
In some ways, it's better. The flying stuff in S&P2 made a bit more of a normal shmup, and with the wiimote, the multitasking isn't as challenging or fun.
>>
I still need to get this game. I've been wanting to play it for years now
>>
>>321102128
So you'd definitely recommend 2 over 1?
>>
File: sinandpunishment-1.jpg (27 KB, 300x220) Image search: [Google]
sinandpunishment-1.jpg
27 KB, 300x220
>>321101843

The controls in S&P are tight as fuck, the thing is that Treasure developed this game with the N64 controller in mind. AIming with the N64's 3D stick is buttery smooth. With the classic controller/GC controller, not so much.
Also the whole control scheme is made for the N64, you move sideways using either the C buttons or the d-pad (depending on how you decide to grab the controller), and shoot with the Z trigger. Doesn't feel nearly as satisfying shooting with L and R on the classic/GC controller.

>>321102128
>sin and punishment
>anything other than god-tier

Both games are great, some people prefer one over the other. I think both are worth playing and enjoyable on their own right.
I like the first game a little bit more, but the sequel is also amazing.
>>
>>321101497
First game is a lot shorter and has some weird controls for the VC version.

It is still a decent enough game, just has not aged well. Go play it anyway.
>>
The great this is you can reconfigure the button layout with the Wii U eShop version
>>
File: 1440752379040.jpg (74 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1440752379040.jpg
74 KB, 800x600
>>321102676
I've never had the opportunity to play it on the N64, but I normally hear good things about the controls. I don't think the Wii classic controller or Gamecube controller are good for the game.

But if OP is just coming off of S&P2 then he's going to need to adjust to not having any motion controls.
>>
the pointer in the Wii version is absolutely perfect. I also like to point out that despite the incredible amount of shit on screen at any time there was never a slow down, kinda impressive considering Wii isn't exactly powerful.
>>
>>321101497
They're both great games.
>>
2 is better than 1 since this is very much a light gun game and the wiimote wins. 1 plays more like the landmaster sections in starfox 64.
>>
>>321102176
no classic controller option?
>>
>>321105028
yes
>>
>>321104886

>1 plays more like the landmaster sections in starfox 64.

I dunno if that'd be a correct way to describe it. I mean, yeah, it's an on-rails cabal-style shooter, but S&P is a lot more fast, agile and also has a lot of variety. The last level turns into a side-scrolling action game ala Contra.

Also, it has one of the best levels I've ever played in any vidya.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaIVxrPngJE
>>
>>321101497
Gameplay wise, not really. I do however enjoy the art direction and atmosphere a lot more. It's a really unique experience though and I'd recommend you play the first before the second since both are really great.
>>
File: WVW69iVSGfMHIrcvS3.png (4 KB, 320x120) Image search: [Google]
WVW69iVSGfMHIrcvS3.png
4 KB, 320x120
Thoughts on the Miiverse community?
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/titles/6437256808745317244/6437256808745317255
>>
>>321105256
>Also, it has one of the best levels I've ever played in any vidya.
I feel the same way.
>>
>tfw when you beat S&P1 with a gamecube controller
Fuck those triggers so fucking much.
>>
>>321102035
Shit's like Evangelion except more complicated and without the masturbation
>>
File: SP_goodmorning.png (2 KB, 320x120) Image search: [Google]
SP_goodmorning.png
2 KB, 320x120
>>321105469

Liked this one
>>
>>321101497
I fucking wished 2 was a remake of 1, 1 feels more frantic and even though I barely understood what the fuck was happening it still was more exciting than the sequel, sadly the game was overly ambitious and it's graphics can't keep up but I recommend playing 1 and then 2.
>>
>>321105710

Yeah, even the commercial has a strong Evangelion vibe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmf7yPWMyPg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvM9Ai9Vk58
>>
I hear 2 is hard as shit

How difficulty is 1?
>>
File: 48585447_p2_master1200.jpg (230 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
48585447_p2_master1200.jpg
230 KB, 800x800
What direction would you want the IP to head?
>>
File: 1449182531865.jpg (45 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1449182531865.jpg
45 KB, 540x540
>>321106589
one where Saki gets into Smash Bros.
>>
>>321106415
The other way around, perhaps it was the controls but I remember struggling more with 1
>>
File: 53149440_p12_master1200.jpg (386 KB, 840x960) Image search: [Google]
53149440_p12_master1200.jpg
386 KB, 840x960
>>321106717
Well hope that the demand would be big enough
>>
>>321102035
>Mankind's prosperity has led to a vast population increase and serious food shortages. In an attempt to solve the food shortage problem, scientists create a new species to use for food, and place the herd in northern Japan. In time, the creatures mutate and attack the people of Japan. An international peacekeeping organization called the Armed Volunteers tries to stop the creatures, now referred to as "ruffians", but they also oppress the Japanese. Another group, referring to itself as the Savior Group and led by a mysterious woman named Achi, rises up to defend Japan against the Ruffians and Armed Volunteers. The game begins in Tokyo with Achi, Airan, and Saki embarking on a mission to steal an Armed Volunteer transport. After fighting through waves of Volunteer troops, they gain a transport on top of a building, but as they do, they are attacked by ruffians. After fending them off, Saki is attacked by a telekinetic woman named Kachua. Saki knocks her off the building. As she falls, the city is flooded with blood, and Saki falls as well. He and Kachua are transformed into giant ruffians as they fall. Saki kills Kachua, then turns on Airan and Achi. Achi teleports herself and Airan to safety.
>>
>>321106589
Nowhere
Nintendo should just drop it since Treasure wouldn't want to make another one.
>>
Theyre both shit
>>
>>321107213
>They find themselves on a Volunteer ship, commanded by Brad, leader of the Armed Volunteers. Brad commands the fleet to attack Saki, referring to him as The Beast. Airan and Achi fight their way through the ship until they encounter Brad and Leda, a smaller cat-like Ruffian. After a brief fight, Leda is killed, but Brad jumps on a fighter jet and escapes, then Achi uses her telekinesis to help Airan pursue him. In the end, they kill Brad and wipe out the Volunteer fleet, allowing them to focus on Saki.Achi believes that she can return Saki to his human form, but she requires that Airan shoot him in the head to incapacitate him. After she angrily refuses, Achi creates an illusion of Airan on a ruffian-infested train, tricking Airan into shooting Saki. They are able to communicate with Saki, but then Achi reveals that the war with the ruffians and the Armed Volunteers is merely training for Saki to prepare for her coming global war. As Achi becomes more and more menacing, Saki regains consciousness and teleports himself and Airan away. Airan wakes up on a ruffian-infested beach accompanied by Saki, who is now half ruffian, but otherwise back to normal. They fight their way to the safety of a small building; once there, Achi appears, takes Airan, and flees. When Saki catches up to Achi, she reveals that the reason for giving Brad and Saki some of her blood was because she needed one powerful warrior to help her rule over the new Earth she was about to create. Her intention is to reset the Earth by destroying the old one and creating a new one. Saki refuses and reverts to his full - Ruffian form. Achi creates the new Earth and begins her attack but Saki, along with Airan, destroy the new Earth, and Achi is sent drifting into space.
>>
>>321106840
Its a shame the two S&P games where released at awkward times for Nintendo.

2000 was right when the N64 was just about dead and the GC was in.

And 2009 Nintendo was still in their WII LOVE CASUALS trend and had no internet or marketing presence

A new S&P game that gets exposure through Directs and Treehouse and E3 could do pretty well, I think. Is Treasure still around?
>>
>>321107359
>In the final scenes, Saki and Airan continue to travel around Earth to eliminate the Ruffians. Achi is seen drifting in space contemplating on the events that have passed. She then begins to show that she is impressed by Saki's powers, but wonders whether he can stand up to the true enemy - God.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sin_and_Punishment#Plot
>>
>>321107380
Treasure developed a game last year.
It was alright.
>>
>>321107213
>>321107359
>>321107515
how does a writer pitch this to the team exactly
>>
>>321107654

It was the 90's. EVERYONE was riding Evangelion's dick in Japan.
>>
>>321107654
I think every once in a while the team just says
"Cool, let's roll with it"
>>
>>321107654
A marathon of anime while on drugs?
>>
File: SinandPchara.gif (25 KB, 278x345) Image search: [Google]
SinandPchara.gif
25 KB, 278x345
>>321107654

Treasure's game plots are purposely over the top and ridiculous. They treat games as, well, games, and use plots as just an excuse to make shit happen on screen and give the action some sort of purpose. None of the Treasure games has over seriously plots.

Yes, it borrows a lot from Evangelion, but it doesn't try to be as serious.

If you want to see Treasure at their craziest, read up the Alien Soldier plot.
>>
>>321101497
Game controls good on the pro controller, and the trademark N64 blur o vision is highly reduced.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.