[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which one should I get for christmas? Yes, I want a console.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
Which one should I get for christmas?

Yes, I want a console. No, I don't give a fuck about steam or any PC gaming bullshit, I'm not a neckbeard. I just want to play the biggest shooters that come out and some fifa
>>
>>321097893
>I just want to play the biggest shooters that come out and some fifa

This is an easy choice unless you really love Halo.

PS4 has better performance in multiplats and a much larger player base fr multiplayer.
>>
If that's all you want then then either
>>
>>321097893
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIT. Shooters are made for PC.
>>
>>321098121
This, doesn't matter which you get. Get whatever you can find the cheapest price on.
>>
>>321097893
Xbone.

They have the same games in terms of FIFA, but the Xbox has more shooters come out for it than the PS4. PS4 exlusives tend to be either single-player shooters or non-shooters, while the Xbone exclusives have Halo and Gears.

But whichever is cheapest if that's all you're looking for. So still probably Xbone.
>>
Destiny is the best FPS on console atm besides BF4 and has the best experience on PS4. Also, more BF4 players on PS4 anyway.
>>
>>321097893
All the shooters coming out these days are multi-plat, so it doesn't really matter which you get in terms of content, but PS4 sometimes has an edge in resolution.

As for FIFA, you'll get a lot more players from around the world on PS4, because it's hot shit everywhere that's not America.
>>
>>321097893
Get a Xbone you normie. Superior jap games won't interest you.
>>
Also since you care about shooters Sony is getting DLC first with stuff like CoD.
>>
>>321097893
>Which one should I get for christmas?
PS2. Nothing after it has been worth shit.
>>
>>321098259
Destiny and Titanfall both work flawlessly on the console.

Thereby it's a lot more comfortable and fun playing couch shooters compared to doing so in front of a desk.
>>
>I'm not a neckbeard. I just want to play the biggest shooters that come out and some fifa

So this is the power of neo-/v/... Woah.

Anyway, both are dudebro consoles. The PS4 runs mutliplats better and is more popular in general than the Xbone, so it might be your preferred choice.
>>
>>321097893
>I just want to play the biggest shooters that come out an
those are all on Pc retard
>>
>>321097893
If you like to play with friends online and in person and you are american get the xbox

if you like to play with friends online and in person and you are European the the PS4

if you don't like playing with friends get what ever you want.
>>
who even wastes their money on something as expensive as a ps4 or xb1 + games for them? can't you just get bored to death by yourself?
>>
>>321098487
nope, H5 is better
>>
>>321098908
I'm pretty sure PS4 is actually more popular than Xbone even in the US.
>>
>>321099167
Kek'd
>>
>>321099389
It's true lol!

60fps >>> 24-30fps
>>
>>321099259
alright fine, if you're interested in a console so you can play with irl friends find out what your friends are playing and get that. If you don't want to play with irl friends don't get a console.
>>
>xbone can't play Perfect Dark local multiplayer offline

Why would you even want that abomination?
>>
Have fun with your 30 fps. Also, just play real life soccer instead of Fifa, fucking faggot.
>>
File: Bear.jpg (438 KB, 1366x1536) Image search: [Google]
Bear.jpg
438 KB, 1366x1536
>>321097893
>Hello, I'm OP, the king of all fags
>I will ask a very vague question
>not tell you my tastes
>not tell you what other systems I own
>not tell you games I'm looking for
>and expect this thread to not be full of shitposting

How do you thi-
> I just want to play the biggest shooters that come out and some fifa

Oh I get it. ok then.
>>
>>321100274
>Have fun with your 30 fps
Non autists don't care about shit like this
>Shooters are made for PC
I have a mac and none of my friends play steam anyways so I have no interest
>Superior jap games won't interest you
Haha, what?
>>
>>321097893
Just get the console thats most popular amongst your friends
>>
>>321101858
>>Have fun with your 30 fps
>Non autists don't care about shit like this

This isn't really true. If you got to play 30fps/60fps side by side, you'd ALWAYS pick 60fps.
>>
File: big xbone.png (27 KB, 600x960) Image search: [Google]
big xbone.png
27 KB, 600x960
>>321097893

As a full idort I'd go with an Xbone. PS4 is a fine multiplat machine but isn't much better than a steambox
>>
>>321102764
How often do casual gamers do side-by-side comparisons of the two? I'm not denying that 60fps is better, but for the majority of people, 30fps is perfectly fine
>>
>>321103613
>How often do casual gamers do side-by-side comparisons of the two?

They might not know any better but they can still tell the difference. A big part of why CoD got so popular is because it's 60fps on console. So casuals would pick CoD over other similar shooters because "it just feels better"
>>
File: hori-pad-fps-plus-red-426429.7.jpg (99 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
hori-pad-fps-plus-red-426429.7.jpg
99 KB, 1280x1280
>>321097893
PS4 has better performance but Xbone has a better controller.

But I just ordered pic related for the PS4 so the controller thing isn't an issue.
>>
>>321104714
>Madcatz-tier controller
>>
>>321103360
yes, obviously an idort. sure m8 hmm mm
>>
>>321097893
ps4
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.