[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>one of the protagonists who helped defeat a world threatening
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 26
File: 21-body43[1].jpg (36 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
21-body43[1].jpg
36 KB, 640x480
>one of the protagonists who helped defeat a world threatening monster was killed by a fucking cat with a scythe
>>
File: solatorobo_heh.png (182 KB, 622x451) Image search: [Google]
solatorobo_heh.png
182 KB, 622x451
>he thinks a leopard killing a baby is unrealistic
>>
>>321095309
Not Serge, Lucca
>>
>one of the autists that beat a fuck old game is still mad about the fact that the characters he played as eventually die
>>
>>321097817
It's not when they die, it's who they die to.
>>
>>321098234
That cat with a scythe is basically [evil] god's avatar. I don't see how him killing anyone is unrealistic at all.
>>
Chrono Cross needs a remake more than any Final Fantasy game.
>>
>>321098234
Supposedly 20 year time difference between each game, not hard to imagine people growing weaker over time, especially a character nearing 40 years of age.
>>
>>321098682
Both that and Xenogears

>Chrono Cross needs a story that makes sense
>Xenogears needs a fill in for the huge gap that is disc 2
>>
>>321099160
>Chrono Cross needs a story that makes sense
It makes sense. All of it. Ask me anything.

If anything, it needs a remake that ties into CT's remake's secret ending and gives closure to Magus' storyline. Maybe even just go ahead and stop pretending Glenn, Guile, Karsh, Zappa, Nikki and Fargo aren't the writer's favorites and give them central roles that actually extend until the end of the game. Other than that, it's perfect.
>>
>>321094205
Your first mistake is thinking of it as a generic cat man. It only looks like a cat because that is the most primordial fear of the person that it is hunting.

It is the avatar of FATE, an almost omniscient AI created by Lucca. It is not inconceivable that something so powerful might lash out and kill its creator.

None of the original CT cast (aside from maybe Ayla and Frog) had a very happy ending btw.

>Crono & Marle killed in either the war against Porre or slain by whomever stole and corrupted the Masamune
>Robo sacrificed to create Chronopolis & FATE
>Ayla and Frog long dead from old age?
>Magnus suffering from amnesia and wandering through eternity, abandoning his friends.
>>
File: Chrono.Cross.240.610890.jpg (29 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
Chrono.Cross.240.610890.jpg
29 KB, 240x240
>>321099160

The story in Chrono Cross makes sense. It just needs extra development to all the side quests and secondary characters.

All the connections to Chrono Trigger are already there. And like 50% of the whole story is explained to you on Opassa beach by the Chrono, Lucca and Marle. What it needs is a lot more development to the Cross characters. As well as more side quests.

it was just a rushed game. A very well made rushed game though.
>>
>>321099586
why did lynx want to/need to steal serge's body? why did it body swap and not just kill him?
>>
>>321094205
This game was pretty a'ight. Good enough I got to 100 stars, twice. Once when I got it and kept doing new game +, and a few years later where it was still good.

Fuck Gaea's Navel though with those bullshit guys you HAVE to defeat who confuse you or whatever it is. I remember they suck. So does the 2nd version of the dragons, like Red.
>>
>>321099586
Serge almost drowned as a kid. He was scared of a panther. Therefore when he was sick as a baby, and his dad plus Miguel went to Chronopolis for help, his dad became a cat, Miguel died and went to the other world as a boss, and Chrono...somehow Frozen Flame'd? And he got sent back home by himself?
>>
>>321100152
Serge made contact with the frozen flame as a baby locking it's access out to everyone but him so Lynx/FATE needed his body to unlock it's power
>>
>>321100446
Not the guy you was asking by the way
>>
BARBED
>>
File: 11-cat55.jpg (72 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
11-cat55.jpg
72 KB, 640x480
>>321099586

>Nikki has character relationships and unique cutscenes throughout the game with like 3 other mandatory party members
>There are party members you can't recruit if you don't recruit Nikki
>He has a completely unique weapon type that no one else uses
>He plays an important role in the story, even if you don't recruit him
>Most people who play the game will never know his full story, and some will never even know he's an available party member because "Guile is cooler though" and easier to recruit, even though he has no relevance to anything else around him whatsoever due to the dropped Magus plotline

This triggers my autism super hard.
>>
Fuck dwarves.
>>
>>321101398
Seen any Elves lately? hahaha
>>
>>321101123

I got Nikki the first time I played as a kid.

I thought he was a girl

I even named him after my sister
>>
File: 1246139447579.jpg (60 KB, 450x500) Image search: [Google]
1246139447579.jpg
60 KB, 450x500
>>321101123

>you can't collect every character in the game unless you play a New Game+ twice thanks to who you choose to take to the mansion

The save or don't save Kid thing I can understand. That makes you play the game twice. But you have to play it a third time just to get ONE character. So fucking dumb.
>>
>>321101123
This is the story of a lot of characters in Chrono Cross though. There are actually quite a few characters in the game who get good character arcs that are never seen by most of the playerbase because they just want to pick one party of guys they think are cool or strong and use them for the entire game and every subsequent playthrough without experimenting around, and then they complain about how bad and underdeveloped the characters are compared to Chrono Trigger.
>>
File: harle.jpg (34 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
harle.jpg
34 KB, 600x400
>tfw Harle was my teenage waifu
>tfw Lynx end is best end
>>
>>321101810
Well it works out. You only make, if you do it CORRECTLY, what? 45 "stars" for one completion. That makes 90 stars for 2 full completions, and the last 10 will be gotten in your third where you do the last.

Now some shit I never had time for was that little monster guy. I never evolved him to good or evil or anything.
>>
>>321102020
>teenage waifu
then it wasn't a waifu
a waifu is for life, not something pick
you don't replace your husbando
you don't replace your waifu
christ
>>
File: 1437201391189.jpg (304 KB, 504x420) Image search: [Google]
1437201391189.jpg
304 KB, 504x420
>tfw I hated the ignore Kid path for one reason
>>
>>321102047

I use pip in all my games. But never tried to make a Rainbow Pip. I honestly prefer the angel form. Especially since after Blue, White is the most powerful spell color. And Angel Pip can use Green, White and Blue effectively.
>>
File: Harleart.png (399 KB, 439x800) Image search: [Google]
Harleart.png
399 KB, 439x800
>>321102193
She was damn close. Like most teens I wasn't ready for that commitment.
>>
File: 1425012268482.jpg (201 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1425012268482.jpg
201 KB, 500x500
>>321102229

All the best story quests happen when you ignore Kid. Its pretty funny.

I just wish ignoring Kid actually had a story effect. Like having more opportunity for a love plot with Leena.
>>
>>321101123
He also participates in a cool "three-way battle", one of the first I've seen in an RPG.

If you've never seen it, instead of Party vs Enemies, it's a special battle with Party x Enemies x Nikki (although Nikki won't attack the party).
>>
I remember some really DEEP discussion of Chrono Cross and how it works, like all that Dead Sea shit and the like, on Gamefaqs circa 2002 or 2003
>>
>>321100152
The other guy already explained why he needed his body. Your second question is harder though, mostly because I don't really remember most of what happened immediately after the switch (or how the switch happened). Off the top of my memory, Kid had already stabbed Lynx (you) and most likely left him for dead. I doubt Kid would have just stabbed him if she didn't really believe he was dead, she was going for the kill, and she thought he was dead. Sergelynx probably did, too. I forgot how you end up in alternate dimension limbo right after that, but that's probably part of the explanation of why they didn't finish you off.

tl;dr: plot induced stupidity. Weak, yes, but not a plot hole or hard to understand.
>>
>>321102686
Well Cross is a game that sparks a lot of good conversation. Just another reason I really like it. I found it easier to talk about how one aspect of the story was, or the other, and the nature of things going on in the game than I did with CT where things seemed a bit more clear-cut.
>>
Alright it's been awhile so I may be far off, but wasn't the whole deal with Cross the fact that messing with shit created alternate or copies of timelines ? Meaning when you see dead Crono and all, it's just them from an alternate timeline or some shit ? And they could have had a good ending for all we know in another existing timeline ?

Like in some reality they died from a Porre invasion but in another reality Porre never invaded or whatever ?
>>
>>321099869
>Crono & Marle killed in either the war against Porre or slain by whomever stole and corrupted the Masamune
Pretty much all but outright confirmed that they were killed by Dalton.
>>
>>321102229
Man the writers really had a hate boner for Razzly.
You save or she gets eaten.
Want her ult? Then you have to make all her friends and family die then commit genocide.
>>
File: Johnny_CC.jpg (25 KB, 434x336) Image search: [Google]
Johnny_CC.jpg
25 KB, 434x336
>>
>>321103234
So don't get her ult
>>
>>321102531
I'm sorta ok with that, just because Leena would have been a standard childhood friend love interest ending, though I don't remember her well enough to say if she was your generic childhood friend love interest.
>>
File: 17-manor42.jpg (47 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
17-manor42.jpg
47 KB, 640x480
>>
>>321103283
But you need it for tetra attack.
Speaking of combination attacks I'd they ever remake CC they need to add more.
>>
>>321103423
>you will never get 100 feedings
>>
>>321103478

Friendly reminder that Square-Enix is making a new JRPG IP with combination attacks and ATB.

Despite appearances, it is not a mobile game (just a low budget Vita/PS4 game).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7yG0BhNwc8
>>
File: 1437204181528.jpg (55 KB, 340x360) Image search: [Google]
1437204181528.jpg
55 KB, 340x360
>>321103234
Don't remind me.
>>
>>321103148
Trigger's deal was that messing with shit created alternate timelines. Cross's deal is that it doesn't actually matter because there's a dimension for every single possibility so you aren't actually creating anything by changing or not changing the past/future, that possibility exists, so there's a universe for both changing and not changing the past, regardless of your decision.

We don't REALLY know what's the deal with the Trigger ghosts. It's not a fact that they are actually the ghost of the characters, same way it's not a fact that Crono and Marle are dead in the universe where the game's events take place, but yes, if you read the logs in Chronopolis, you'll see that every kind of bizarre universe exists, so yes, there's most likely one where they die and one where they don't.
>>
>>321102020

Muh nigga
>>
>>321103417

Leena in the home world was your childhood friend (and a bitch). When you go to Another World, you meet the opposite Leena who never knew Surge (since he died). But she's super nice and cares for Surge.

But it was clear the developers wanted her to never have a love story. Multiple parts of the story point it out such as the fortune teller who says she will never be successful in love.
>>
>>321103417
No one's really sure. Poshul got more character development than her. I think there's an ending where she and serge end up together but it's not exactly romantic, and I think one of her unlockable techniques' sidequest implies she's gonna stay alone forever.
>>
>>321104221

Cross was a cruel as fuck story
>>
There were interesting theories regarding Zoah being a knight from Guardia.
>>
>>321103478
So don't get Tetra Attack :)
>>
File: 1379852449139.png (13 KB, 438x499) Image search: [Google]
1379852449139.png
13 KB, 438x499
>>321103478
>45 characters
>Only 2 Triple Techs in the game
>>
>>321104485
Chrono Compendium has like a million little one off articles like that
https://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/Zoah_(Planned_Identity_of).html
>>
>>321104681
>originally 72 or 64 characters
Gods,imagine that.
>>
>>321104485
I think I remember a theory where supposedly he is actually Crono. It was strangely convincing.
>>
>>321104843
Seriously? Where did you get that from? You end up recruiting pretty much every character you interact with in the game, those cut characters probably didn't make it past the concept art stage.
>>
>>321104069

Well the idea is that Serge and Kid's fated love transcends timelines.It's made more clear in Radical Dreamers.

It takes an incredible, almost impossible anomaly like Serge killing the Time Devourer before he even meets Kid in order to stop that from happening.

The final monologue of Cross is basically a love letter from Kid addressed to the player, who is "Serge" in your own timeline.
>>
>>321104856
>Zoah
>not Miguel
>daughter is clearly Leena
>Marle is probably holding up spme resistance to counterattack.

I wish there were more countries.
>>
>>321099586
>>321099914
The story does make sense. BUT IT'S A POORLY TOLD CONVOLUTED MESS.

The story needs to be completely gutted, and reassembled into a comprehensive narrative.
>>
"Waah why did the former games personality-less characters due to s nobody!!!!"
>>
>>321105086
You mean make it linear as all fuck and have every character fall into recognizable anime cliches, all told in 5 hours of prerendered cutscenes? Because that's exactly what we are getting if a remake is ever made.
>>
>>321101398
Fuck the dwarf tank
>>
>>321105086
Life is poorly told and convoluted. How much do you know about the inner lives of all the people you met in the past week?

No, I mean really. You get an infodump at the end from a literal sage of time, and other than that it's up to you to feel and think what you want. You're never babied in Chrono Cross, unlike many RPGs.
>>
>>321105086
It makes sense in the beginning, but dumps exposition all over you in the last two hours. It needs to be paced/spread out better.
>>
>>321105552
No, I meant the not-cynical outcome.
>>
>>321105670
Don't excuse poor story telling.

>>321105675
This anon gets it.
>>
>>321105086

The story needs to be told better. But it doesn't need to be completely gutted.

But this is also Square we're talking about. The one thing they never improve with a remake is the story. Just look at the FF remakes. The story is the thing that needs fixing the most. And all that gets changed are graphics and adding voices. FFVII is going to break the mold by actually changing combat (what a shock). But the story will be even more convoluted and broken than the original.
>>
>>321099586
Explain how poshul makes sense.
>>
File: Radical Dreamers.jpg (143 KB, 1333x1001) Image search: [Google]
Radical Dreamers.jpg
143 KB, 1333x1001
>>321105675
>>321105865

Moreso than they need to remake it, you need to play Radical Dreamers.

They explain and hint at a lot of elements in Cross without explicitly spoiling most of it, letting the player come to their own conclusions throughout Cross. I didn't even understand the central theme of Chrono Cross until I played Radical Dreamers and suddenly so many context-less events in Cross became masterful storytelling.

It's a crime that this game was never officially translated.
>>
>>321106376
She just does.
>>
>>321106251
>The story needs to be told better. But it doesn't need to be completely gutted.
It really does. Because they need to rearrange significant parts. Introduce characters at different parts. Give the player the opportunity to make connections with players through carefully timed sidequests. Then alter all the events to accommodate these changes... By the time they do all these things, every part of the game will have been uprooted, and things will get eve more messy, in the process of trying to improve it.

However, if they go back to the white board, and outline all of the events, and the rewrite all the blocks fresh, then they can salvage the story.
>>
>>321106439
I've played RD. I liked it a lot, even if the gameplay was esoteric.
The thing about RD is that it isn't meant to be a prequel to CC. Kato has gone on the record saying that CC came from his desire to redo RD properly. The ideas are in place but the games are in alternate universes.
Also, fucking fantastic music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIHDQ0FONik
>>
>>321107059

>The ideas are in place but the games are in alternate universes

Yes. They are games entirely about alternate universes. They're both canon.
>>
>>321103038
>Off the top of my memory, Kid had already stabbed Lynx (you) and most likely left him for dead. I doubt Kid would have just stabbed him if she didn't really believe he was dead, she was going for the kill, and she thought he was dead. Sergelynx probably did, too.
Probably yeah, just your typical villain's 'you're half dead and you can't do anything anymore, there's no way you can find a way to stop me'.

>I forgot how you end up in alternate dimension limbo right after that, but that's probably part of the explanation of why they didn't finish you off.
Probably related to whatever fuckery Lynx did after he got Serge's body. Didn't he use to teleport and shit when he appeared in front of you after the bodyswap?
>>
>>321106439
>You need to play this unreleased storybook "game" no one gives a fuck about, in order to understand.
You can't be serious right now.
I know you're serious, because I've seen you make this exact same post before. But come on man. You can't really be such a Cross apologist, that you actually suggest players get familiar with this parallel-related material, just to be able to enjoy the story of the real game.

Get real.
>>
great game but my only gripe is that you cant max all characters stats. the star thing gave me ocd or something.
fargo the best.
>>
>>321107915
Stealing element armors to fuck with the bosses was fun.
>>
>>321107412
It's not unreleased, dumbass. It's not officially translated, but it is a very finished and very released game on its own way.

Still, it is a fact that CC was meant to replace it and RD was labeled non-canon despite not interfering with CC's events at all and even being referenced in Chronopolis' logs, but I think that was just the devs way of saying CC's universe are the "main" storyline and is what we should be paying attention to.

Which also probably means it's the same universe as CT, which means the Trigger chars are very very dead. :^)
>>
File: 34-s5-107-065.jpg (54 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
34-s5-107-065.jpg
54 KB, 640x480
>>321104843
>>originally 72 or 64 characters
>Gods,imagine that.

Yeah that sure sounds like a lot
>>
>>321108284
>which means the Trigger chars are very very dead. :^)
Yes, they very much are. I don't know why you had to punctuate your statement with some smug smiley face, as if I'm going to be bothered by it. I'm more annoyed that you would be so smug, than by what you actually said.

Radical Dreamers is unrealeased as far as I'm concerned, because I'm an English speaker. And like you said, Cross was meant to replace it. So why should I entertain what is essentially a story book? Why can't CC stand on it's own? That's bullshit.
>>
>>321107412

It wasn't released internationally because there was no market for Visual Novels outside Japan at the time. You can play it now and you should. It introduces the major players in Cross, establishes the important items and locations, and presents the primary themes that are still relevant in Cross.

>Get Real

Kill yourself.

>>321108284
Where was it stated that it's "non-canon"? He certainly said that Cross stemmed from a desire to remake Radical Dreamers, but since the crux of both games is infinite multi-verse theory, I think its pretty safe to say that everything is in fact canon in some continuity unless explicitly stated to not be canon.
>>
>>321108952
And like you said, Cross was meant to replace it. So why should I entertain what is essentially a story book? Why can't CC stand on it's own?
You don't have to, and it can. I'm just pointing out that you are on your right to ignore RD, dumbass. It doesn't even tie that well into CC anyway, if you want to force it to, then you have to come to terms with the fact that the Frozen Flame is both, an item and a sentient entity and a lot of other random shit like Mecha-Lynx, alien sunflowers and shuffled character roles which are hard to make sense of even as co-existing alternate universe events.

Also, there's a translated rom that is not hard to find at all in case you ever stop being a middle schooler that hates reading and feel like playing it. Not saying you have to. :^)
>>
>>321109241
No, I won't play it. Because Cross should be strong enough to stand on it's own, without a side book to make sense of it.
It would be like buying any other random game. And it came packaged with a 100+ page novel of events. Which aren't completely congruent with the events of the game. But without it, you won't understand well the events of the game. So you're forced to read the book before you can enjoy the game.

That's essentially what you're suggesting right now. What if RD was a physical book. Would that be acceptable to you?
>>
>>321108410

Suikoden V isn't a good example since out of 108 characters, like 40 of them are not playable.

Suikoden I or II would be a better example. Also because they were on the PS1 and did more than multi million dollar FF games did.
>>
>>321109914

>What if RD was a physical book. Would that be acceptable to you?

Final Fantasy used to do that for its more complex plots and it was great. Some things just can't fit into the context of main game, but are still relevant to the plot. There's absolutely nothing wrong with supplementary material.

You sound like a closed-minded manchild who is afraid of alternative entertainment mediums and just wants to justify his hate boner for Cross instead of attempting to understand it.
>>
>>321109843
>Also, there's a translated rom that is not hard to find
Do you honestly believe I'm not aware of this? You don't have any basis to act as smug as you are. You come in offering excuses for CC's poor narrative, pushing a supplementary book, and you think you're so much more advanced, that you honestly believe I don't know about the translation?
>>
>>321110449
>Do you honestly believe I'm not aware of this?
I don't know man, it's hard to tell if you are just pretending to be stupid or if you are the real deal. I guess I know now.
>>
>>321110332
>There's absolutely nothing wrong with supplementary material.
There absolutely is. When the supplementary material is suggested to be the method in actually getting a pleasurable experience from the main material.

It should be,
>"Oh that was fun! Now I have this other thing that expands on an already enjoyable experience"
Not,
>"That was confusing and unsatisfying. I guess I should read this other thing to try and figure out what's going on."
>>
File: 1398643546905.jpg (16 KB, 228x228) Image search: [Google]
1398643546905.jpg
16 KB, 228x228
>Your dad became a furry from a computer and he wants your body
>>
>>321110924
But that's incest and also really gay.
>>
>>321110629
When you're blissfully full of yourself, then you assume everyone is stupider than yourself. If you had an ounce of humility, then would have given the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps *asked* if I knew about it, if you were unsure.
>>
>>321110332

>Final Fantasy used to do that for its more complex plots and it was great.

tidusblitzbomb.jpg
>>
>>321111184
To be fair, I'm under the assumption that you are more stupid than most people, not just myself.
>>
>>321110852

Chrono Cross tells you absolutely everything you absolutely need to know. Nothing is withheld from you compared to Radical Dreamers with the exception of the explicit statement of what is "the jewel that cannot be stolen" (it's not referring to the Frozen Flame) which establishes the primary theme of Chrono Cross.

If you didn't understand Cross on its own, that's your own problem. Radical Dreamers slows it down and explains enough of it for you at a better pace that you can reach those conclusions yourself throughout the course of Cross, if you want that. It's not necessary to understand the plot, but if you don't understand the plot then its there for you to use.

>>321111281
I'm not talking about the shitty X novella.

Final Fantasy VII, VIII, and IX (at least) had companion books released in Japan that were a compilation of interviews from the creators and lore/world exploration that went into further detail about the game, and explained stuff that wasn't available in the game.

Its where we got stuff like the official statement that Sephiroth was in complete control of Jenova and Ultimecia's backstory .
>>
>>321111898
Why? The only opinion I've expressed, is that the Cross story is convoluted. Which you've agreed with to a certain extent. And that I don't believe it's reasonable to expect players to partake in supplementary material, in order to understand/enjoy main material.

That somehow makes me more stupid than most people?
>>
>>321112287
>Why? The only opinion I've expressed, is that the Cross story is convoluted. Which you've agreed with to a certain extent. And that I don't believe it's reasonable to expect players to partake in supplementary material, in order to understand/enjoy main material.

Because you still don't get that I've been agreeing with this since the first time I replied to your post.
>>
>>321112262
>>Chrono Cross tells you absolutely everything you absolutely need to know.
I never said it didn't. In fact my very first words in this damn thread where literally "the story does make sense".

>If you didn't understand Cross on its own, that's your own problem.
Nope. That's the game's problem. Because it's just simply poorly told. The pacing is absolutely atrocious. They obscure character motives for far longer than necessary. There's a lot of "huh?" moments, that aren't addressed until much later in the game. It's just poorly constructed.
>>
File: 1431779290578.jpg (63 KB, 426x296) Image search: [Google]
1431779290578.jpg
63 KB, 426x296
ITT: Fucking retards

Crono and MArle weren't killed in the war with Porre, there are fucking children's drawings all over the god damned orphanage of Chrono and Marle, not to mention Lucca associates herself with the Porre military to purchase supplies, not something someone would do if their best friends were killed by said military.
>>
>>321094205
Chrono Cross was a desperate attempt to feed off of the popularity of a better game.

The visuals of the game and the content of what I saw put me off from ever having an interest in it.
>>
>>321099914
Actually what it needs is 4 to 6 party members on your team at any given time. I mean fuck, one of them is always taken up by Serge in the first place, why the hell would you use an extended cast and make them so fucking useless?
>>
File: 1417931297838.gif (481 KB, 499x315) Image search: [Google]
1417931297838.gif
481 KB, 499x315
>>321113190
>Chrono Cross was a desperate attempt to feed off of the popularity of a better game.

>I never played it, but I clearly have enough information to make this statement.
>>
>>321113190
>Chrono Cross was a desperate attempt to feed off of the popularity of a better game.
Wrong, dumb as shit, yet understandable CT manchild tantrum.

>The visuals of the game and the content of what I saw put me off from ever having an interest in it.
>I literally never played it

Oops, scratch the manchild part. Just a child with shit opinions, come back when you are old enough to browse this site.
>>
>>321112710
That's a lie. You tried to convince me that RD is released. In a very antagonistic manner.
I told you the reason why I don't count it as a release. Which you disagreed with, and went into an arrogant smug spiral.
>>
>>321114009
>It's not in my language therefore it doesn't exist!
>Stop telling me that's wrong, you bully!

You make less even less sense than you claim CC's story does.
>>
>>321098619
I thought they died to Dalton
>>
File: xoGV64H.gif (319 KB, 350x174) Image search: [Google]
xoGV64H.gif
319 KB, 350x174
>>321111281
Oh boy, an excuse to post my favorite gif
>>
File: 1398143632549.jpg (94 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1398143632549.jpg
94 KB, 500x500
>>321108410
Suikoden is one of the few series that consistently did huge casts really well. I miss those games.
>>
File: glenn.jpg (68 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
glenn.jpg
68 KB, 640x480
>>321102229
>>tfw I hated the ignore Kid path for one reason

I have 3 reasons right here
>>
>>321114226
See? You don't even understand the distinction I'm making: It's not relevant, therefore, it might as well not exist.
As far as I'm concerned, it's unreleased, because it has no barring on CC. And it never had an official translation. It's about as important as fanfiction.
>I'm not disagreeing with you. But you're wrong!
>>
File: Strider_2.png (51 KB, 512x480) Image search: [Google]
Strider_2.png
51 KB, 512x480
Are there any other sequels that completely fuck over the original game's happy ending?

Pic related
>>
>>321114989
>As far as I'm concerned,

The mark of an ignorant argument.
>>
>>321114731
>Most overrated character in the game
>>
Jesus Christ every time I remember CC I can't help it but be in complete awe at the music.
>>
>>321116130
It's one of the greatest OSTs of any game imo. Mitsuda really outdid himself there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J46RY4PU8a8
>>
>>321113153
They were you faggot.
They were wiped out by the military in that shitty bad end.
Just like every single member of the CT cast was killed off in stupid inglorious ways.

That retarded pretentious clusterfuck of failure that was radical dreamers would have never been released if they didn't shoe horn a tenuous at best connection to CT.
And the writer, passively agressively, did just that.
The story basically shit on everyone and thing form the previous better crafted and beloved game in the worst ways possible and even went so far as to say that not only did what they do was evil it actually made everything fucking worse. Why? For beyond fucking retarded story reasons he just made up of course.
>>
>>321115559
If my argument is ignorant, then why haven't you toppled it yet? I gave you my reasoning. Are you going to refute it? Or just continue to make snide remarks?

The game was never officially released in English by Square. It was immediately retconned by cross just a few years later. Therefore, it serves no need.
>>
>>321096626
Dude, Crono and Marle lost to fucking Dalton.
>>
>>321115428
Mother 3
>>
>>321116816
Stamping your feet and being pouty doesn't make it so. There is zero reason to believe anyone other than Lucca and Robo were killed, and both of their deaths would be changed by the history rewrite at the end of the game.
>>
>>321105086
>these are the kind of people who give CC a lot of shit for not being able to read
>>
>>321119420
>Crono, Lucca Marle show up as ghosts
>Dalton invades Crono's town at the end of CT
Ok, bucko
>>
File: 1424372174764.gif (829 KB, 485x282) Image search: [Google]
1424372174764.gif
829 KB, 485x282
>>321120543
>Game literally tells you they aren't ghosts
>You see fucking evidence that children still know them as something very much other than corpses
>>
>>321111167
Welcome to CC.
>>
>>321101123
He's kind of forced on you and you get to know his story whether you like it or not. After that he kind of fades away and becomes irrelevant.
>>
>>321120719
I'll give you the first one, but no one ever claimed they died before Lucca set up her orphanarium
>>
>>321121430
The fall of Guardia happened in 1005 AD, Kid showed up as a new born baby in 1004 AD. It is impossible for the orphanage attack to take place before the fall of Guardia.
>>
>>321094205
Putting furries in Chrono was a mistake
>>
>>321101398
This shit made no sense

>dwarves attack fairy island
>confront them
>YOU HUMANS ARE THE WORST YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT THE MOTHER EARTH YOU TAKE ALL RESOURCES FOR YOURSELF AND DON'T CARE ABOUT THE CONSEQUENCES OF YOUR ACTIONS
>he says all that while commiting fairy genocide as he rolls out a steam tank
>>
File: Zidane_Blank.jpg (297 KB, 638x447) Image search: [Google]
Zidane_Blank.jpg
297 KB, 638x447
>>
>>321122148
Chrono Cross does not take a kind stance on environmentalism, or at least the guilt complex around environmentalism. Every single "poor oppressed earth spirit" are terrible murder midgets, so fucking racist they make /pol/ blush, or simply the puppets of a half dead eldritch space tick.
>>
File: Jump-Rope-1000.jpg (22 KB, 320x224) Image search: [Google]
Jump-Rope-1000.jpg
22 KB, 320x224
>>321122387
is nobles or jump rope harder?
>>
>>321122939
Jump Rope by a country mile. The noble is only kind of difficult because it's a pain to restart.

Which is why I use a save state.
Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.