[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My Xbone today started turning off by itself. No idea why. I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (600 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
image.png
600 KB, 1200x675
My Xbone today started turning off by itself.
No idea why.
I've tried every troubleshooting trick I can find online.
Any thoughts?
>>
let go
>>
get rid of it
>>
Is this a known issue?
Do I have to just buy a new one now?
>>
>>321093760
no you don't have to, just leave it like that
>>
>>321093154
>buying a bone in the firstplace

The Platinum Standard of newfag test and you passed it with flying colors.
>>
File: 1431987935298[1].jpg (465 KB, 1200x1514) Image search: [Google]
1431987935298[1].jpg
465 KB, 1200x1514
>buying a meme console
>surprised when it memes out on you
>>
>>321093839
uh, no PS4 is the dudebro console of this gen

>paid CoD exclusivity
>>
>>321093154
Have you checked the power brick? Disconnect everything
>>
Leave it off for awhile and check later maybe?
I've never had this problem
>>
>>321093906
THICK
H
I
C
K
>>
I own all the consoles, and a PC, I prefer to have them all, Xbone being somewhat important as I'm waiting for cup head next year.
I've tried everything power brick seems fine, unplugged for an hour, hard reset, tried everything. It'll turn on and then just turn right back off after a random amount of time. Sometimes it makes the eject sound and the power down sound and the. It's off, I don't get it. It's like a ghost is pushing the power button
>>
Try cleaning the on/off touch sensitive button.
>>
do you have it plugged into a power strip? that's supposed to fuck it up
>>
Is power saving turned on?
>>
>>321094516
just play cuphead on PC
>>
Don't buy the joke also-ran console of a generation that had decidedly already failed after half a year? What the fuck were you doing?

But seriously, they probably used shitty soldering that melts under normal duress.
>>
Your Xbone is realising how shit it is that's why it turns itself off
>>
>>321093154
If you don't touch it for awhile it does that automatically. If you have kinetic it'll turn off your TV speakers and cable to
>>
>>321093154
Is anyone in your house named "Xbox turn off"?
>>
Cleaned button.

Still turns off.

This time it didn't even make it to sign in, just made the power down bleepbleepbloop and turned off.

Power brick is plugged directly into wall.

Never had a problem with it until today.
>>
>>321097092
>Power brick
It really is a caveman's console isn't it
>>
>>321097503
Yes
>>
Is this the new RRoD?

>People actually, no kidding, bought boners, like with real money, AFTER RRoD happened

why.
>>
>>321099386
video games
>>
>>321099386
yeah, it's not like PS4 is having much more wide spread problems with it's buttons
>>
>>321093154
Does it shut down or just turn off? If it's the former then it's likely an issue with the power brick or one of the connections. The latter and it might be a problem with the software. Also, as a default it will turn itself off after 6 hours of inactivity.
>>
>>321099862
Never heard of them, but that has nothing to do with my post anyway.
>>
>>321099963
actually, it sort of does. That's the RRoD of this generation

http://www.playstationing.com/ps4/how-to-fix-ps4-auto-eject-problem/1170
>>
>>321099386
RRoD really only effected the first wave of 360s. I bought a second hand Elite 7 years ago and it still works to this day no issues. It was a big problem, no doubt, but it was a problem which was resolved.
>>
>>321100175
Is it? Seems it doesn't render the console a useless brick, it's fixable without opening up the console and voiding the warranty, and, of course, it's NOWHERE NEAR as widespread as RRoD. The fact that you refer to it as 'The RRoD of this generation', like that's the high water mark, should speak volumes.

Seriously, how the fuck did you buy a boner after RRoD?
>>
>>321100175
BASED SONY, USED GAMES AND DISCS FOREVER.
>>
>>321100997
RRoD literally hasn't been a problem since 9 years ago and they gave all of them a limitless warranty. 75 million people bought a 360 after RRoD and all you can say is "KEK BONER"? Surface Pro is pretty fucking sweet too
>>
>>321102519
>All they did was used a fucking cheap untested soldering method that resulted in 1/3 of their consoles being rendered obsolete! Afterward the shitstorm, they didn't even do it anymore!

Haha no shit, you shrewd consumer you
>>
>>321103250
A third? are you retarded?

and the logic you use to go "KEK BONER" and then for them to create a reliable opposite are the complete opposite, you're a shit pony
>>
>>321094921
Could you explain why?
>>
>>321103914
The logic is xbox were incompetent/greedy enough to render a third (that's right) of their original xbox shipment useless, and people are still stupid enough to buy their next console. Your 'logic' would be:
>They made a broken console
>That means they will try REALLY HARD to make the next one work properly!

Yeah, solid stuff. Nobody is typing in caps, I'm not typing 'LOL I LUV XBONES' so try and keep things relevant on your end
>>
>>321103927
xbox one power brick has a built in surge protector and then plugging that into another surge protector messes with how much power it is getting
>>
>>321104438

>Lazers died on ps1
>DREs plagued the PS2
>YLOD would kill early model backward compatible ps3s

LOL What fool would buy a ps4
>>
>>321104438
you're a shitty baiter. and you did not say a third of the original xbox's, you implied it was a third of all xbox 360s. and have you seen the testing facilities they have for testing the products? xbox one controller has hundreds of them go through thousands of hours of testing to get the perfect design. same with the console. and it's definitely cheaper than have a massive recall again. so yeah that logic works you fucking mongoloid. seriously how could you not get it? seriously you think microsoft would make the mistake again? seriously do you think that one error in an xbox one should make people hestitant to buy one? seriously do you not think that there is a huge possibility that a problem like this is actually caused by the consumer? seriously?
>>
OP here,

I feel like something inside the console is dirty or something and it's pressing the power button and turning itself off that way.
I may attempt to open it up and clean it. If so, I will return with results.
>>
>>321104857
Agree

>>321104950
Holy fucking shit is this for real?? Really? Hahaha wow this is the most shameless, egregious shilling I have ever seen on /v/, and that's saying something.

You seem to think they didn't go through all that testing when they fucked up spectacularly the first time around with the RRoD? You honestly, truly think it's logical that because a company fucked up once they wont do it again? That's honestly all it takes for you to have faith in a company?

>seriously do you not think that there is a huge possibility that a problem like this is actually caused by the consumer?

You mean the problem they admitted to that you are so sure they have fixed now? It was the consumer's fault now was it? So which is it? Do you work in the Boner division or what?

Screencapped your post, it is astonishing
>>
>>321106050
>You mean the problem they admitted to that you are so sure they have fixed now?
oh, there's a solution to OP's problem? feel free to tell him then, or learn to read.

and yeah they redesigned the 360 to have no major problems, and sold 75 million of the redesign. that's enough to inspire confidence. honestly, you are honestly one of those shitposters that probably still go "DRM box and NSA machine!", honestly. this is astonishing. where's the RRoD for xbox one this generation? it's been two years, seriously, honestly just actually come on.
>>
>>321093154
>Live customer support chat is available
>I know I'll ask /v/

every time
>>
>>321106041
is it still under warranty? if so I probably wouldn't open it up if it possibly voids it. otherwise, post results
>>
>>321106872
Falling back on schoolboy insults and semantics? Yes, your rank stupidity can inspire that much incredulity. I'll take it the message got across then.
>>
>>321107513
oh come on, at least own up to the fact that you can't read and then attack someone based on that. I said the problem OP is experiencing could be due to the consumer(ie mishandling and making it dirty).

and your original logic didn't pan out. 75 million xbox 360s, 17 million xbox ones, surface and surface pro, lumia, headsets, keyboards, mice, etc etc. how is an old problem that was resolved and made up for and never again experienced in multiple lines of products for 9 years not enough to inspire confidence in a companies new product. I guess you'll never eat chipotle again, basically drive any car from a manufacturer that ever had a recall, or trust a train because one ran late once.
>>
>>321093154
works for me, maybe you shouldn't pirate! :)
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.