[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the power level of a Grey Knight compared to a regular
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 56
File: A_Grey_Knights_Battle_Brother.jpg (719 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
A_Grey_Knights_Battle_Brother.jpg
719 KB, 2560x1440
What's the power level of a Grey Knight compared to a regular space marine?
>>
Wrong board. Ask on /tg/

Though Grey Knights' main advantage is psyker powers over regular SMs. It all depends on how powerful they are psyker wise to really know the difference though.
>>
Worth around 3 regular space marines.

Although is unequaled in the Imperium when dealing with the ruinous powers
>>
>>321089295

That dude can literally squish his own head with only his power armored thumb and index.
>>
>>321089832
40k artists have always had ridiculous trouble with proportions.
>>
File: {.jpg (14 KB, 300x364) Image search: [Google]
{.jpg
14 KB, 300x364
>>321089295
>overpowered psyker armed with terminator armor and the best weapons imperium can provide
>versus space marines in regular gear, possibly armed with a bolter or chainsword

8 to 12 at least, fuck matt ward
>>
File: Why are my arms so short.jpg (1 MB, 1576x2180) Image search: [Google]
Why are my arms so short.jpg
1 MB, 1576x2180
>>321089929
SAY THAT TO MY FACE.
>>
>>321089295
Gk player here. They are psykers all armed with wrist mounted bolters and forceweapons. They're basic armaments and tech and minds are better than regular marines though physically they are the same. For instance instead of jump packs they have teleporters. They lack some of the armory that regular marines have like bikes and some tanks but have other special options. They're pretty Mary sue now but they used to not be.
>>
>>321090409
And if you were a real GK player, you'd know their Mary Sueness got nerfed hard in 7th.

They're just Anti-Daemon shit now, nothing else. The only Sueness is Draigo.
>>
>>321090676
They are still sues in the lore. If you played 40k at all you'd remember back when they were called daemonhunters. But you dont.
>>
they are to space marines what space marines are to imperial guard
>>
They kind of sucked in Dawn of War compared to Terminators

>when yo squad about to be broken but you hear that "TERMINATORS READY" drop pod ping
>>
File: space marine.jpg (121 KB, 901x1024) Image search: [Google]
space marine.jpg
121 KB, 901x1024
>>321089929

Nah.
>>
File: 1396208525273.jpg (178 KB, 1294x728) Image search: [Google]
1396208525273.jpg
178 KB, 1294x728
>>321089295
well their training is longer
they are also not so reliant on team tactics like space marines so they are naturally better in one on one fights then space marines the are a bit between custodians and sm
they were probably mixed from the best gene seed parts of most legions
their mind is strong (some kind of mental protection) against chaos since none has fallen yet to them (correct if I am wrong)
and everyone of them is a psyker with decent power
they also could connect their minds to unleash strong psyker spells together (not sure if that changed)
they have also best overall gear like teleporters and shit
>>
>>321089295

Still garbage compared to the Custodians, which have done nothing worth a damn in forever.
>>
>>321091454
>5'9"
>average
TOP KEK MANLETS
>>
>>321090862
Oh but I do, the only difference is that they're now "SUPER SEKRET M16 KGB CIA NSA 1337 HAX0RS" rather than just the arm of the Inquisition dealing with Daemons.

In short, nothing has changed bar them being rather more separate from the Inquisition and their "NOBODY NOES LOL DEY KILL NEBODY WHO SEES DEM XDD" bollocks.
>>
File: deathwatch termie.jpg (45 KB, 500x609) Image search: [Google]
deathwatch termie.jpg
45 KB, 500x609
>better equipment
>psykers
>can't fall to chaos

Everybody knows the best Inquisition Ordo Militant is the Deathwatch, however.
>>
>>321092061
Custodians are odd as GW never sits in one place. First they were better. Then they were equal. Then they were better. Then they were only slightly better but so close it doesn't matter. Now they're better again.

As for not doing anything, that we know of. 300 Guard the Emperor at any one time, but since nobody knows their exact number and at least 1,000 turned up at Ullanor it's assumed to be at least 1,000. So 700 could be doing something, somewhere.

They're also getting models and rules in Burning of Prospero FW book, so we'll have to wait till then. 75 points per model I assume.
>>
File: DW_Black_Shield.jpg (63 KB, 405x648) Image search: [Google]
DW_Black_Shield.jpg
63 KB, 405x648
>>321092425
>not Blackshields
you just went full heretic
>>
>>321090915
Custodians are better, sadly. At Ullanor 1,000 attacked hundreds of thousands of Orks, within 4 mins, 100,000 Orks were dead and only 3 Custodes had fallen.
>>
>>321092597

Oh they are finally gonna let us play with Custodians? Cool.

Now all we need is a model of the Emperor and official rules.
>>
>>321093264
man that lore never cease to amaze me. everytime i lurk i learn there's an even more badass character in this universe
>>
>>321089295
Space Marines: 8 foot superhumans with power armor
Grey Knights: the same superhumans, but all have psychic powers and anti-daemon runes
Deathwatch: the same superhumans, but with diplomatic immunity
Custodes: superhumans with the DNA of god, and the best power armor ever made

it's pretty much:
God-Emperor (pre-heresy) > Primarchs > Custodes > Grey Knights >= Deathwatch > every other SM chapter
>>
>>321094087

Yea well there is nothing above the Custodian except for the Primarchs and the Emperor himself.
>>
>>321094087

Too bad the Custodians do nothing more than sitting on their asses and cleaning the Emperor bones.

What a waste.
>>
>>321094087
daily reminder that the Chapter Master of the Grey Knights carved the name of his master on the heart of a Demon Primarch, then the Primarch ran away like a bitch
>>
>>321093264

I find it heretical how Emps didn't decimated a bigger War Boss in seconds. Is he not the God Emperor? What sort of god has trouble against a big green brute?
>>
>>321089640

40k has enough games to be considered vidya.
>>
>>321095295
the Emperor isn't a god, he's just the most powerful psyker ever conceived in real space.
If he really wants to do a show of force he can rip you apart so hard that your psychic presence is destroyed along with your physical body
>>
>>321094647
There's actually some lore somewhere that they fight an endless battle on Terra deep under the palace where the emperors mind ripped open a hole in the warp.
>>
>>321095684

If "gods" in the 40k universe were born from emotions (chaos gods) or collective belief in them (eldar and orc gods) why can't anyone muster the strength to produce gods to counter chaos?
>>
>>321089295
>>>/tg/
>>
>>321096060
A god of niceness and good intentions would get slaughtered. A god of justice might be good though. Good question.
>>
I am way more interested in how strong the custodes are.
>>
>>321089640
Just like someone from /tg/, helping them out even if it's wrong.
>>
>>321096060
Humans don't have the same presence in the Warp as Eldar or Orks do. That and they've been bred to fear the Immaterium, considering daemons and the fact that anyone with psychic power is carted off by the Inquisition most likely to be fed to the Emperor's psychic will.
>>
>>321096274

Does Khorne embody vengeance and wrath?
>>
>>321096060
The Eldar actually had some really kind hearted deities, but they were eaten by slaanesh, because even all of their gods combined couldn't beat the manifestation of thousands of years of degeneracy.
Also, the chaos gods are fueled by every race in the galaxy, so every time some thing gets angry, Khorne gets slightly more powerful.

to defeat chaos you either have to eliminate all life in the galaxy, or have everyone become psychic blanks with no warp presence.
>>
>>321096060
Because there already is one capable of smashing all three chaos gods combined, it's just tethered to his decaying but still living mortal corpse.

He's called the Emprah, and the second his mortal body dies shits going to hit the fan.
>>
>>321093447
Likely in Siege of Terra, but that's probably 2017 at the earliest.

Corax is the new Primarch getting a model. I assume you know this.

>>321095295
Read the fluff. The Ork warboss was Titan sized and was "struggling" to choke the life from the Emperor. It was a test.
>>
File: Emps.jpg (831 KB, 1178x960) Image search: [Google]
Emps.jpg
831 KB, 1178x960
Reminder that the Emperor mercilessly butchered his Thunder Warriors after they had served their purpose.

No reason to think he wouldn't do the same to a fuckton of space marines if they had completed the Great Crusade.

Why put your faith in such a dipshit?
>>
File: Wolf_Guard.jpg (69 KB, 705x499) Image search: [Google]
Wolf_Guard.jpg
69 KB, 705x499
These guys will beat any Grey Knight, except for Kaldo, in a 1v1
>>
>>321095295
that's one big ork
>>
>>321096765
how heretical
>>
>>321096765
To be fair he engineered the thunder warriors to die because he knew they were inherently flawed to the point that it was likely that they would turn against humanity the moment that any sort of peace was achieved.
>>
>>321096798
But that literally didn't happen. The grey knights raped their asses on their strike cruiser and went onwards with the plan the inquisition laid out.
>>
File: latest-3.jpg (139 KB, 680x880) Image search: [Google]
latest-3.jpg
139 KB, 680x880
Who Minotaurs here? Love their backstory and whole 'conspiracy' angle.
>>
>>321096765
The Thunder Warriors were all psycopaths who only lived as long as regular humans. The Great Crusade took hundreds of years so he couldn't just bring along people to breed more Thunder Warriors
>>
>>321097405
It's not like we really know anything about them. We don't even know if they are the same chapter that was missing for a long ass time or a new chapter given the same name.
>>
>>321097093

???

Space Wolves were raping the Inquisition and all the reinforcements they needed including the Grey Knights. They were getting assraped so hard that the Inquisition ordered everyone to attack an undefended Fenris because they couldn't do shit.
>>
>>321097713
And the High Lords go out of their way to suppress any information being looked into or getting out.
>>
>>321093447
>playing as a custodian
Why. That's almost as bad as being able to play as a primarch.
>>
>>321096668

But the thing is, there are only four chaos gods that don't embody every emotion.

In fact, Nurgle and Tzeentch suck ass in terms of being any emotion.

Nurgle is what? Despair? Shouldn't fear be a Chaos god? instead there is a C'tan who's the being of pure fear.

What about Pride? Pride is such a powerful emotion, one of the strongest and yet there isn't really a chaos god that embodies it. Saying Slaanesh "also grabs pride" is fucking retarded since pride isn't a pleasurable emotion.

Tzeench isn't even an emotion, unless he was born out of madness.

There was once a Chaos God that could be the emotional representation of defiance, Mallal, but they can't use him.
>>
>>321098147
Nurgle is actually the god of love. He just loves everything. Including bacteria.
>>
>>321098147
the C'tan aren't really gods, they're just star vampires.
>>
>>321098147
>pride isn't a pleasurable notion

Sounds like you've got nothing to be proud of anon
>>
>>321098092

What? Nothing wrong with powergaming from time to time.
>>
>>321096765
he did nothing wrong anon

besides people worship a pedophile warlord in real life so why not a guy who killed some failed experiments that didn't have any purpose in life to begin with?
>>
>>321098376

Yeah, but even so the grim reaper one is the reason all life in the galaxy developed the emotion of fear. This is essentially an excuse so that games workshop doesn't have to make a Chaos god of fear.

>>321098396

You don't know you're proud of something until that pride is challenged. Pride is an abstract emotion anon, it really isn't deserving of any Chaos god other than it's own.
>>
Can gods kill gods in Warhammer universe. I know that Slaanesh have killed a shitton of Eldar gods but could a Tzeentch pull some keikaku and kill all chaos gods or could Khrone in his rage kill Slaanesh for example?
>>
>>321098817

Not sure if they can "kill" them, but they can eat them. All the eldar gods except the Clown god got eaten by Slaanesh and Nurgle ripped out the goddess of health from it's stomach.
>>
>>321096765
>>
>>321097405
minotaurs are hilarious because they are assholes not like Marines Malevolent or Chaos special snowflakes but in a very human way ''ah we are just High Lords attack dogs and gonna wipe out your chapter go fuck yourself''
if only they didn't have this retarded ''le psychotic berserker xD'' flavor GW is so fond of they would be perfect
>>
>>321098817
The only reason why the chaos gods could kill eldar gods was because they are basically infinite and the closest thing to actual gods in 40k whereas the "gods" of the eldar were just psychic weapons of mass destruction created for the war in heaven.
>>
>>321097093
That's incorrect AGAIN, because the current Grey Knight Codex had the Grey Knights actually side with the Space Wolves because the Inquisitor escalating shit was retarded.
>>
File: Myrmidon_Secutor.jpg (31 KB, 250x415) Image search: [Google]
Myrmidon_Secutor.jpg
31 KB, 250x415
>>321089295
Who would win between a Space Marine and a Secutor? Pic related

Note that the Secutor has among the best tech the Imperium can offer, has a shitload of combat-oriented augmentations, and a literal supercomputer for a brain
>>
>>321099216
Well the whole psycho-berserker thing was how they were in the old records , it only exasperates the question of "is this even the same chapter"?
>>
>>321099843
I think it's close enough that battlefield conditions like the terrain and shit like that would decide the outcome.
>>
>>321089295
Plot-armourwise one Grey Knight is on the level of a Chapter master but psychic. Game wise they're worth about the level of five guardsmen.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR8Six9qpcA&list=PLyiDf91_bTEgnBN0jAvzNbqzrlMGID5WA

Remember to watch all of this
>>
>>321100086
The game needs to have some semblance of balance on some level so it doesn't really have any bearing on the lore of 40k.
>>
>>321100215
I haven't watched all, but the humor is basically saying a lot of swear words with a monotonous, robotic voice.

I found only the one with the Tau and their inability to fight in melee really funny.
>>
>>321100215
Those videos went downhill fast
>>
If relic makes a DoW 3, how have the factions changed in the original warhammer 40k lore since the 10~ years after DoW 1, and what does that mean for the game? I know they changed the necrons into a bunch of scattered individual lords, but did they get any new toys? DoW 1 necrons had so fucking few units they had to reskin the skimmer 3 times just to get enough vehicles.
>>
>>321098734
Slaanesh is all about self pride. She has an entire wing of his palace devoted to people getting their egos stroked. It's her domain. To be proud in the face of getting challenged because you think your great. She's all over that.
>>
>>321100642
Necrons would be the only faction significantly different. The others got new air support and such, but nothing lore-shaking.
Necrons have tons of options now: basic mooks, snipers, heavy guns, jump units, honor guard, suicide melee, chariots, light tanks, heavy tanks, bikes, walkers, hovering and flying transports... the list goes on.
>>
>>321101013
Didn't they add adeptus mechanicus as a faction, or did I just make that up? Also, is there anywhere I can get an overview of all the necron game pieces?
>>
>>321096765
TW sole purpose in life was to kill and exceed in combat, so they became more of a liability. Space Marines can at least serve other purposes. Either way killing them was redundant since they were genetically engineered to expire by the end of the Unity Wars.
>>
>>321101203
They added Skitarii and Cult Mechanicus, which combined make for a competent Mechanicus force, as well as Harlequins as a standalone army. And now Inquisition and Officio Assassinorum can be fielded as standalones.
As for the new units, the GW webstore for looking at them and 1d4chan's tactics pages for analysis.
>>
>>321093264
>within 4 mins
>100,000 dead
what, did they carry around portable nukes or something? Or are they all flash fast? If none of the above, that's beyond retarded
>>
>>321094805
Draigo is the biggest fanwank gary stu character in 40k fluff though
>>
>>321100968

Challenging pride, the sheer frustration and stubbornness of the emotion, is in no way pleasurable.
>>
>>321101903
Fell to Slaanesh though. Maybe. He wasn't named, just called A Silver Warrior so I think that was some author taking a jab at Ward but don't
>>
>>321101702
They are insane warriors, it was to show how good they were.
>>
File: Necrons.png (2 MB, 1188x872) Image search: [Google]
Necrons.png
2 MB, 1188x872
>>321101203
>Also, is there anywhere I can get an overview of all the necron game pieces?
Codex Necrons 7th Edition for newest.

"Some" new units since DOW you can google:

Lychguard
Deathmarks
Triarch Pretorians
Triarch Stalkers
Nightscythe
Doomscythe
Ghost Ark
Doomsday Ark
Annihilation Barge
Canoptek Scarabs
Tomb Blades
Obelisk
>>
>>321102123
Well yeah, that's called getting humbled which is anathema to the concept. It's why its so important Space Marines never focus on personal glory for themselves or even for their chapter but for the Emperor and Imperium.
>>
>>321101702
>that's beyond retarded
The essence of 40k
>>
>>321093242
>blackSHIELD
>two weapons
Tha's sum heresy.
>>
File: Nec-vault-02[1].jpg (637 KB, 900x990) Image search: [Google]
Nec-vault-02[1].jpg
637 KB, 900x990
>>321102423
Damn this shit is cool. I miss dawn of war, really hope they come out with 3. Also army painters should have became standard in RTS games.
>>
>>321102391
they could have shown how great they were just by saying that they won that battle. But adding in that they did it in 4mins just makes the entire thing sound beyond stupid considering how many of them they'd have to kill per second
>>
>>321099843
>Secutor
i am not well versed in the skitarii but i know that one praetorian=one dark angel legionnaire basically
>>
File: kek.jpg (35 KB, 260x320) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
35 KB, 260x320
>>321101702
that's 417 orcs/second, and not just tiny greenskins, badasses warriors. i love how over the top the W40K universe is
>>
The beings without a presence in the warp are the most powerful beings in the WH40K universe hands down.
>>
>>321098147
The Chaos Gods represent pretty much most facets of human emotion, its only they manifest in a negative manner.

Nurgle is entropy and stagnancy, constantly revolving around death and renewal. If someone was afraid of change it would likely empower Nurgle as his very essence is the opposite of change. That may also explain why all of his minions are so goddamned cheerful, their god is also a manifestation of being content as things are.

Tzeench embodies change, but this also means curiosity and progression. Without Tzeench nothing would ever happen. There would be no research and no political scheming.

Khorne is pretty much revealing in ones own strength, but this also means he is opposed to scheming. With that strict concept of victory by ones own strength comes honor, pride, and therefore justice. Without Khorne there would be no real law and order even though he is pretty much the essence of anarchy.

Slaanesh is just a massive murder fuck of excess, but between the extremes are the highs and lows that make up everyones life in happiness and sadness.
>>
>>321093264
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9w_uoUHgiE
>>
>>321103324
Keep in mind WH lore is told from Imperial perspective and that includes imperial propaganda and they got away with telling way bigger lies like ''orks are mostly small'' or ''genestealers have dull claws''
>>
>>321089295
They're just an anti-demon SWAT team, not a giant full fledged army.
>>
>>321102905
A human has trouble seeing a space marine moving at max speed (unless they have plot armor on at the time). Likewise a space marine has trouble keeping up with a Custodes. The first opening volley shot into the Ork horde would have taken enough of a toll before they charged in faster then the eye could see with weapons that could cut through anything.

Plus I think the Emperors body count is part of that so less ridiculous still maybe.
>>
I remember when I started playing 40k in 2nd edition, grey Knights were some long lost mythological unit, only mentioned in absent "rogue trader" magazines (along with harlequins)
>>
File: Tg-cover-large.jpg (95 KB, 800x655) Image search: [Google]
Tg-cover-large.jpg
95 KB, 800x655
>>321103324
>He can't kill 417 orc/second

stand back Imperial Citizen
>>
File: 2395524-templar_1.jpg (183 KB, 900x540) Image search: [Google]
2395524-templar_1.jpg
183 KB, 900x540
I heard there were some heretics here
>>
>>321103636
I'm kinda peeved that the series didn't bring up the fact of the giant daemon spewing warp rights that often open up right under the Golden throne that the Custodes have to fight constantly.

I mean the Fabulous Custodes are funny and great but really, missed opportunity for something cool
>>
>>321096558
Not vengeance, but wrath.
>>
>>321104492
He's vengeful. He has a !Cerberus blood Hound daemon he sends to hunt down anyone who pisses him off to third degree.
>>
File: SWARMLORD.jpg (899 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
SWARMLORD.jpg
899 KB, 1920x1080
>best tactic to "defeat" them involves decimating entire planets in order to divert their fleets
Are Tyranids literally unstoppable? How on earth will the Imperium deal with them?
>>
176.31.166.241:1374 join this ts server and say hi in room 1
>>
>>321104712
It's even worse when it was hinted that the full force hasn't even arrived yet, and even worser than that when its hinted they are running from something.
>>
File: 1365118522587.jpg (799 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
1365118522587.jpg
799 KB, 2000x2000
>>321104712
The Ultramarines can easily defeat Tyranids in close combat making them flee from this universe, why don't you remember in the 8th edition Ultramarines codex when papa smurf defeated a entire hive fleet on his own with only a combat blade
>>
>>321104712

Kinda, with their numbers the best strategy everyone comes up is starving them. Though they sustained heavy loses that usually comes at a heavy price, like the Eldar almost losing a whole Craftworld to defeat a Hivefleet.
>>
>>321103612

Where is fear, where is unsatable greed? Where is madness? where is nihilism? Where is overwhelming confusion?
>>
>>321104712
>Imperium can even hope to stop the Tyranids
Hope lies within da Boyz bringing in Gork n Mork.
Necrons too once they get their empire online.
>>
>>321105150
The Eldar seem to lose Craftworlds all the time to everything.
>>
File: 1450275815293.png (607 KB, 665x672) Image search: [Google]
1450275815293.png
607 KB, 665x672
>>321105082
Didn't Papa Smurf lose all his limbs when he came into contact with them? Also sacrificing couple of retribution class battleships to save his ass?
>>
File: 1422991303137.jpg (132 KB, 830x900) Image search: [Google]
1422991303137.jpg
132 KB, 830x900
>>321096694
>Implying that the Emprah wouldn't have created a chaos god of disbelief.
>>
File: 1368823043673.gif (275 KB, 400x378) Image search: [Google]
1368823043673.gif
275 KB, 400x378
>>321105429
No
>>
>>321105236

Undivided chaos stupid, every chaos god can harness that shit in their own specific way.
>>
>>321105236
>Where is fear,
Fear leads to the others but of itself is not a powering emotion.
>where is unsatable greed?
Slaanesh
>Where is madness?
Tzeencth
>where is nihilism?
Nurgle
>Where is overwhelming confusion?
Tzeentch
>>
>>321105406

Yeah they are the punching bag of 40K, and still they manage to kick ass. Sadly they took away the thing that made them the ultimate troll race, Eldrad Ulthran.
>>
>>321105595
stay fired pls
>>
>>321105760
>Eldar
>punching bag of 40K

what is Orks/Tyranids
>>
>>321089295
They are pretty much incorruptible and specialized on fucking up demons.
If you send them against regular troops the difference shouldn't be too big
>>
>>321096060
because the chaos gods are already that
like khorn is the good of battle and bravery and all that other bs but the murder and kill aspect of war is just way stronger so that's what he represents
unless this shit was retconned
>>
>>321105889
>Orks
>Punching bag

Strange concept, considering an ork has never lost a fight.
>>
>>321105703

>Fear leads to others

Fear is one of the most powerful emotions anon, in fact the claim that Khorne was born first due to rage is bullshit, fear was the first emotion, flight came before fight.
>>
File: 1444293314214.png (1 MB, 813x768) Image search: [Google]
1444293314214.png
1 MB, 813x768
>>321106562
>>
>>321105889
>He doesn't know about The Beast

Disgusting/10.
>>
File: GK_Interceptor_Squad2.png (2 MB, 798x1119) Image search: [Google]
GK_Interceptor_Squad2.png
2 MB, 798x1119
It's too bad regular marines don't come with a teleporter a wrist mounted storm bolted and force weapons. Feels good to be grey.
>>
>>321106723
Depending on the source you read, Brother Adamant could easily win this.
>>
>>321106802
YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE LIBRARIAN DREADNOUGHTS

>laughingBloodAngels
>>
>>321106890
Doesn't that just prove that the anon is right?
>>
File: 1376065309245.jpg (265 KB, 1150x818) Image search: [Google]
1376065309245.jpg
265 KB, 1150x818
why don't you try and come closer
>>
>>321107164
>Letting your Librarians get crippled
like Primarch like son
>>
>>321106593
Things learned to kill and eat before they learned to be afraid and run away.
>>
File: 1376545027281.jpg (255 KB, 640x786) Image search: [Google]
1376545027281.jpg
255 KB, 640x786
>>
>>321107449
My friend that plays tau doesn't play me anymore
I have a drop pod heavy space yiff army
>>
>>321107449
fucking tau
>>
>>321107164
We have dreadknights.
>>
>>321107926
Such an awful thing.
>>
>>321105291
Are the necrons still working on their machines to block the entire warp off? Or was that abandoned?
>>
File: eliboss.jpg (9 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
eliboss.jpg
9 KB, 200x200
>>321104249
>unironically being a loyalist

absolutely disgusting
>>
>>321104712
Necrons can stop them. Necros are the real threat to begin with.
>>
>>321105236
Nurgle represents fear as people pray to him to not be killed with one of his plagues.
>>
>>321107394
Well, it depends on the Orks. For example, in 32M, the Orks which attacked and nearly conquerored the galaxy, were better armed, bigger, stronger and armoured.

And Imperial Fists got wiped out to the last man (well, maybe not last one) by them. All 1000 of them.

>>321107460
Fuck you, Sanguinius saved the Imperium. Sanguinius Day is 2nd most celebrated holiday in the Imperium, what faggotry holiday do you have?

>>321107926
And we have Furioso Dreadnoughts. FUCK YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU.
>>
>>321108560
>ironically being a loyalist

That's the most heretical thing I've heard of today, and talking to you is already too heretical
>>
>>321105291
Necrons are the true heroes of the Warhammer universe
>>
>>321104712
necrons could bear them
>Tyranids avoid necron tomb worlds
>Tyranid hive mind could possibly be the C'tan known as the outsider
>>
>Each and everyone of these races at full power would wipe out all the competition in a second

I guess

Also what's that deal with the empire once had problems with beings from another universe opening random portals everywhere and decimating the population within moments?
>>
File: cSAGw.png (472 KB, 1017x589) Image search: [Google]
cSAGw.png
472 KB, 1017x589
>>321091454
Why did you post the fake version?
>>
>>321105051
>and even worser than that when its hinted they are running from something.
Do people still believe this shit?
>>
>>321109338
>each
Tau and Dark Eldar couldn't
>>
File: 1447030137511.png (305 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1447030137511.png
305 KB, 600x800
>>321108560
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you worthless heretic? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Space Marines, and I've led an incomprehensible number of secret raids against the forces of chaos, and I have over 30 million confirmed purgings. I am trained in armored warfare and I'm the top Ultramarine in all the Space Marine Chapters. You are nothing to me but just another heretic. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before in this universe, mark my fucking words.
You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Warp? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the galaxy and your powers are being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bolter.
Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Adeptus Mechanicus and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the planet, you little shit. If only you could have known what holy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot.
>>
>>321109180
Pansy
>>
>>321107710
Herbivores precede carnivores as consuming stationary plant matter is less energy taxing.
>>
How come the Tau haven't been wiped out already? They occupy like 10 worlds and you might as well get rid of them before they become a threat
>>
>>321109748
>"Read the Codex Demon Nigga"
>>
File: 1425649277029.jpg (216 KB, 836x955) Image search: [Google]
1425649277029.jpg
216 KB, 836x955
>>321108560
>tfw they change his voicein DoW2

At least the Chaos Sorcerer use Sindri's voice which is pretty cool
>>
So, what's worse? Being caught by the Dark Eldar or any of the Chaos forces?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (41 KB, 1120x816) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
41 KB, 1120x816
>>321108560

>implying anyone can withstand our faith
>>
>>321109929
Imperium has better things to do.
>>
>>321110051
At least with dark Eldar you might some some sexual stuff.
>>
>>321105568
That already exists in WH fantasy lore, Nicoho the doubter.
>>
Who /Dark Eldar/ here? About to play them on Soulstorm
>>
>>321110387
I find this information doubtful
>>
>>321110387
I honestly doubt that
>>
>>321109929
In terms of threat on a galactic scale the Tau civilization doesn't even register on the radar. The Imperium military is actually stretched pretty thin, and they are better used on more important war fronts then fighting a miniscule empire composed of three fingered ET's with vaginas in their foreheads.
>>
>>321110051
Dark Eldar, they fucking thrive on torture and have perfected that shit to the point of breaking a Daemon Prince into crying like a used fuckboi in less than 3 hours.

Chaos would either kill you quickly with Khorne, make you a painless but ugly as fuck abomination of desiase by Nurgle, killed or manipulated for the sake of Tzeenches plan or just straight up snuff raped by /d/ incarnate.
>>
When the hell is that inquisitior movie releasing. FUCK!
>>
>>321109929
The Tau do a good enough job of getting themselves killed.
>>
>>321104115
His hand is 3 times bigger than his head

How
>>
>>321109180
Ullanor was an Ork empire that took up a large section of the Galaxy but in 40ks time the Waaagh of Ghazkghull is even bigger.

I also think your talking about the Crimson Fists, an Imperial Fist Succesor that stalled a massive Ork Waaagh until a Imperial Crusade could arrive to fight back.Only 16 marines survived.
>>
>>321110387
But not in 40k
>>
>>321110752
>What is a Power Fist
>>
>>321110752
It's a powerfist . Do you know anything about 40k?
>>
>>321110752
SPACE CANCER
>>
>>321110626
>breaking a Daemon Prince into crying like a used fuckboi in less than 3 hours.

Source? sounds cool
>>
>>321110780
40k lore and WHF lore used to be one and the same. I don't really care what GW says, they're in the same universe
>>
File: 2itrgxw.jpg (58 KB, 618x425) Image search: [Google]
2itrgxw.jpg
58 KB, 618x425
>>321089295
How many people does it take to paint a suit of power armor?

The Grey Knights know.
>>
File: Siege_of_Vraks.jpg (325 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
Siege_of_Vraks.jpg
325 KB, 1500x1000
YOOO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjaYW5Cnr5k
>>
So a Custode can beat a normal space marine hands down? The Space Marine seems so much more better equipped
>>
>>321109801
But when did these herbivores learn to know fear?
>>
>>321110626
>snuff raped by /d/
Kinky
>>
>>321110752
he is encased in a suit of powered armor, increasing his size. Over that armor he has inserted his forearm into a huge gauntlet. Called a power fist, Doubles his already enhanced strength. and is augmented by his power pack, charging it with a field of eldritch energy capable of cutting through almost anything.

It is slow and unwieldy to use however, often making the user strike last.
>>
File: Ordo Xeno at work.jpg (72 KB, 795x368) Image search: [Google]
Ordo Xeno at work.jpg
72 KB, 795x368
What's the most heresy picture you have?
>>
>>321110918
Mate I wish it was real, but only the Ultrasmurfs and such get to have all the fun and the carving on Daemon prince hearts and all that shit.

I said that as a kind of benchmark to what they could do, not what they did. But I share the sentiment, a whole Cabal of Dark eldar just watching a Daemon prince cry like a bitch would make for some damn fine literature.
>>
>>321110972
What's the difference between Khorne Berzerkers and Grey Knights?

The Khorne Berzerkers will send a card to any survivors.
>>
>>321111079

In melee probably. We don't know shit about them really.

They've been doing nothing for like 10000 years so Space marines have more combat experience.
>>
>>321111230
>mfw I made a dropfile folder of all my R34 40k that I had cultivated from the shit paint tier ones
>>
File: NONEPURER.jpg (507 KB, 1200x1793) Image search: [Google]
NONEPURER.jpg
507 KB, 1200x1793
merry emperor day faggots
>>
>>321111458
Make a Imgur galery already anon, the fuck do you want, a formal request letter from the fucking emperor?
>>
Primarch vs Mario

Who wins?
>>
>>321111674
Depends on which primarch
>>
>>321092129
(You) np senpai
>>
>>321111079
>>321111381

Depends on the source you use. Latest source says they are greater than the Space Marines. While slightly before that, they were better, but only minor and 1v1 would be close.

But Custodes are trained in other things, not just fighting, such as Assassin work (to better protect the Emperor) and politicking.

We have to wait till Forge World does their book before we have any idea how good they are REALLY.

The only thing we know for sure is they're harder to make, take longer and are way more expensive.
>>
>>321111381
Theres a giant warp hole where the Imperium's Webway used to be that is constantly spewing forth daemons. There are three giant golden gates in the room underneath the Emperor's throne and it sounds like the greatest battle ever was raging behind them all.
>>
File: 1439607239574.jpg (574 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1439607239574.jpg
574 KB, 1280x960
So,Im kinda new to 40k and I been reading about the Eldars and I have a question:

There is no Chaos Eldar right? Wouldnt be safer to serve under the other 3 Chaos gods to avoid Slaanesh
>>
>>321111674
Rowboat defeats Mario with his flawlessly designed, self-maintaining city plumbing network that makes Mario irrelevant and unneeded.
>>
>>321111619
>imgur

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. Okay. I'll do it right now. But 150 is the max I can upload.
>>
>>321110051
Dark Eldar are more sadistic Chaos might just enslave you or sacrifice you but with Eldars it's a given you will experience a whole new level of pain
>>
>>321111916
Slaanesh would just pinch their souls if they got into any chaos-aligned shit, because the Chaos gods are dicks and don't always respect each others' personal space and belongings.
>>
>>321111916
dark eldar are the closest thing to "Chaos" they arent chaos though
>>
>>321111916
Dark Eldar are the eldar who thought if they could out degenerate slaanesh that he couldn't take their souls.
and it fucking worked
also slaanesh has an IOU from the eldar for all of their souls, the other chaos gods can't take them
>>
>>321112258
>he
>>
>>321112379
>The Dark Prince

Yes, he. But, you're right. Slaanesh is literally everything. He is male, female, both and neither. He is what tumblr wishes it could be.
>>
>>321110051
Getting captured by Chaos>Getting captured by Deldar>Getting captured by Slaaneshi daemons>Getting Captured by Emperors Children.
>>
IT IS THE BANEBLADE
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNK5-uE5JFg
>>
>>321112683
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNK5-uE5JFg

BROTHER I AM PINNED HERE
>>
>>321112683
OGRYN?
>>
File: bold brathas.jpg (75 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
bold brathas.jpg
75 KB, 1280x720
BROTHER I AM
>>
>Blood ravens aren't a successor chapter of the blood angels
i've been living a lie
>>
>>321112993
DARK
>>
File: 1442280050591.png (83 KB, 184x208) Image search: [Google]
1442280050591.png
83 KB, 184x208
>>321112838
>>321112895
>>
>>321113065
What part of the fuck loads of hints did it trigger?

The fact they have loads of Librarians? They're pretty Psychic? That the fucking book about Thousands Sons goes "lol some of us still survive... they are loyalist... I see Ravens....AND BLOOD"? Or when the author apologised going "I made it too obvious"?
>>
So i`ve been out of the loop for a while

Anything interesting with the official Mechanicus armies?
I'm not a player but separating the Cult into two armies sounds dumb.
>>
File: ultramaroon.jpg (3 MB, 1750x1200) Image search: [Google]
ultramaroon.jpg
3 MB, 1750x1200
AGITATIS ULTRAMARINI
>>
>>321113640
Why is it dumb? One is the military wing (Skiitari) and one is the generic "production" wing. There is another two wings. Cybernetica and Ordinatus. One does with Battle-autotima and the other with siege warfare.

So if you want to play just the military wing, do so. If you want to just AdMech, do that. But you can mix them now.

The problem is, had they all been combined, it would have been a 400+ page book costing £50 or so.
>>
>>321113640
Oh and forgot to say in >>321114092 that Forge World finally gave us some Ordinatus gear. Pic related.
>>
File: ordinatus model.jpg (44 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
ordinatus model.jpg
44 KB, 600x620
>>321114243
>>321113640
Wrong picture.
>>
>>321114092
I dunno, you get the organization of entire races into one codex. 30k did AdMech in one army just fine.

But whatever
>>
>>321114495
Is that your mom's dildo?
>>
>>321114903
>>321114092
Also between the two codices theres like 12 units?
>>
WHO ELDAR HERE
>>
>>321111230
>Reverse image search
>see the keywords
hurrgh, the cringe
>>
>>321114903
But Forge World is a different entity. Everything is split up in there too, but you paying £80 (So $110) for that book, not £30 ($40).

>>321115042
Currently, but the point is it will be expanded upon. Centurions didn't use to exist, but they got bunged into vanilla dex.

>>321114938
Nah, not big enough, it's like a concert hall down there.

>>321115086
Eh, they're good for one thing.

>>321111619
http://imgur.com/a/pYxT8

R-r-ready sir!
>>
>>321115371
Use http://imgur.com/a/pYxT8

I cultivated them from dogshit, and since some of these are dogshit, you can imagine how bad the ones I left out were.

Enjoy.
>>
File: 1450118118380.png (3 MB, 930x1264) Image search: [Google]
1450118118380.png
3 MB, 930x1264
>>321115086
Only Eldar are hardcore enough to literally fuck up their own pantheon.
>>
File: I wish i had spare mags.jpg (254 KB, 1100x1467) Image search: [Google]
I wish i had spare mags.jpg
254 KB, 1100x1467
>>321113949
DOMINATUS
ULTRAMARINI
>>
>>321098734
>You don't know you're proud of something until that pride is challenged.

>somewhere out there is a chaos god of pride, but no one will ever know it because that chaos god is so conceited that it doesn't care if its followers know it exists
>>
>>321115515
>Imgur

Fine work soldier, Praise the Emperor.
>>
File: sob27.jpg (204 KB, 620x877) Image search: [Google]
sob27.jpg
204 KB, 620x877
>>321115637
Harlequin codex had great art.
>>
File: 1383348004153.jpg (1 MB, 900x1380) Image search: [Google]
1383348004153.jpg
1 MB, 900x1380
>>321115986
There is some misplaced shit in there I shouldn't have saved in that folder. So, ignore the random bits.
>>
>>321116227
Its cool, happens almost every time, heck, made me laugh a bit, so its cool soldier.

Merry holidays anon.Emperor protects.
>>
>>321107449
I would but the butterknife i'm buttering my bread with might send your armies into dissarray and spread panic in your society.
>>
File: blood angels 3.jpg (773 KB, 1280x1793) Image search: [Google]
blood angels 3.jpg
773 KB, 1280x1793
>>321116473
Indeed he does.
>>
File: 1279290724452.jpg (308 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1279290724452.jpg
308 KB, 900x900
Green is best
>>
>>321107164
Aren't GKs basically Libs?
>>
>>321115629
>>321115515
Do you the name of this specific artist?
>>321111230

I'm currently allergic to google image search please help
>>
>>321107881
> Why have arms when you can have missile pods?
>>
So has the W40k storyline advanced anywhere in the past years? I had a small Black Templar army like 10 years ago that I never actually played with because I still don't know the rules of the game but I liked building and painting them.

Weren't there some major Tyranid Hive Fleets about to fuck shit up? Anything ever come out of that?
>>
>>321118442
TemporalWolf is that Tyranid one.
>>
>>321118442
http://exhentai.org/g/629413/b94accd638/
>>
>>321117613
Orks are quite literally a meme race

they only exist to serve as a comic relief and generic canon fodder before the actual bad guy shows up
>>
>>321119646
I suggest you read the brand new book series on The Beast.
>>
>>321092230

lol what, they were originally made as the military arm of the Ordo Malleus. They were always suber sekret though.

>>321096798

space wolves have retarded levels of plot armour tbf
>>
>>321097405

Aren't these the lads whose sole job is stopping Space Marine chapters fighting among themselves?

I always loved that the Badab war started as an inter-chapter spat that went full heresy because of shit diplomacy.
>>
File: 1405259060666.jpg (91 KB, 881x720) Image search: [Google]
1405259060666.jpg
91 KB, 881x720
>>321118883
>>321119318
>mfw most threads people would tell me to fuck off or just ignore
Thank you 40kbros
>>
is it even worth playing the 40k tabletop anymore? I'm scared after what they did to whfb I most played fantasy anyway and was sickened that ruined the whole fucking system to apply to retarded children when whfb was always a game for people in their mid thirties
>>
>>321121406
Sadly no. Numbers of people playing are dropping.

Smaller skirmishes are more preferred over large scale battles, the shops tend to have vets nights and those are always pretty good but the rest of the week is dead.
>>
File: **Common** worried guardsmen.jpg (4 KB, 83x146) Image search: [Google]
**Common** worried guardsmen.jpg
4 KB, 83x146
>ftw no one wants to play small scale skirmish 40k games with you
>>
>>321120427
Oh yeah, they only see other Space Marines as 'worthy opponents'. Lots of secretive shit behind them.
>>
>>321122043
I thought they simply wipe out other chapters because High Lords told them to. I prefer this version a lot more than this Dragon Ball bullshit
>>
File: 1391821268683.jpg (14 KB, 341x490) Image search: [Google]
1391821268683.jpg
14 KB, 341x490
>>321121903
>mfw nobody wants to play Space Hulk or Black Crusade
>>
>>321120141
Not to the degree that Ward took it, they weren't.
>>
File: 1420885071758.jpg (125 KB, 819x937) Image search: [Google]
1420885071758.jpg
125 KB, 819x937
Top Tier
>>
>>321121903
I miss kill team
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 56

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.