[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Steam sale is shit so considering games here instead, can I trust?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: g2a.jpg (21 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
g2a.jpg
21 KB, 500x500
Steam sale is shit so considering games here instead, can I trust?

Looking at getting fallout 4
>>
G2A works. I've used it for several games, never been scammed. I always pay their meme insurance, though.
>>
>>321076914
no goy-- I mean good friend, don't trust G2A.
only buy from Steam(c) and Steam(c) approved vendors! Support those developers!
>>
Is there seriously only like 148 games on sale and everything for ~25-50% off?
>>
Technically illegal but nobody gives a fuck besides EA.
>>
>>321077967

Illegal? Why is that?
>>
>>321076914
>Asian or south-american key stores
May as well just pirate it.
>>
>>321076914
Yeah pretty much. Just remember to shoot their team an e-mail if you don't get your shit on time and the seller has a really high rating. Every time that's happened I've literally gotten my key within seconds.
>>
>>321076914
G2a is safe but you might want to use the site cdkeycompare so you can see the lowest priced keys
>>
>>321076914
Yes but they add a lot of bullshit fees on top of the actual price. You'll be paying at least a couple of dollars more.

A better and usually cheaper alternatives is cdkeys.com but their catalouge is very limited. Kinguin is also a thing but they also have some bullshit fees.
>>
Always skip VATs.
Always skip 'g2a shield'.
Never use their proprietary payment system.
Feel free to lie about your living address.
Remember, you're in it as much as the merchants are.
>>
>>321076914
>go to steam store page
>has shitty tumblr-tier endless scroll theme
wew
>>
>>321078880
Why would I need to lie about my living address..?
>>
File: bound-by-flame.jpg (137 KB, 700x350) Image search: [Google]
bound-by-flame.jpg
137 KB, 700x350
>>321077967
>>321078069
It's a grey area, they're set up in Hong Kong specifically in case they ever get a lawsuit, but no game dev/publisher will ever file against them because they'd be forced to admit they're trying to jew their customers by also participating in a legal grey area.
>>
>>321078880
Can I actually get fucked by not paying the VAT?
>>
>>321081542
Uh yeah it's a felony - tax evasion. But they won't catch you for some shitty $10 videogames. That's like getting busted for weed.
>>
>>321080782
Before Origin, I had my EA whatever the fuck account disabled because I bought Bad Company 2 through G2A.
>>
>>321081542
I've never paid VAT and I'm safe s
>>
>>321082485
>Uh yeah it's a felony - tax evasion.
lol
>>
>>321078880
thought they stopped from checking out if they detected false location
>>
>>321086352
They can check literally anytime
>>
>>321083558
I've heard a lot of the shit there is bought with stolen credit card info.
>>
>>321081542
>>321082485
No, the storefront should calculate and add VAT to the price, or absorb it as part of the sale ala Steam and all the other publishers where the key is coming from in the first place already do

They're just trying to jew you for extra money and neither Kinguin nor g2a have paid VAT before 2014.

See >>321080782
>>
I purchase from tehre frequently. Never had any problems
>>
>>321081542
never payed vat. Shopped allot and use the EU business with no vat code. Nothing so far. I don't think they can do anything about that too.
>>
>>321080782
>>321087319
but if they are set up in HK doesn't that mean the new EU vat law should not apply to them? It seems paying vat is stupid
>>
Is Elite Dangerous any fun?
>>
>>321089505
There are hundreds of magnificent sights.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.