[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The 15 Most Disappointing Video Games Of 2015
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: 1432835860199.jpg (752 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1432835860199.jpg
752 KB, 1920x1080
2015 was a year of stellar video game releases, from Bloodborne to Tales from the Borderlands.

But it was also a year of big disappointments. Even some of the best games of the year managed, somehow, to also feel like letdowns. Rather than necessarily being bad, these games simply didn’t live up to the hype, or missed the mark because of some design decision or change from earlier titles in a franchise.

Here are the most disappointing video games of 2015.

15. Mario Party 10
14. Evolve / Asymmetrical Shooters
13. Halo 5: Guardians
12. Destiny: The Taken King / Sparrow Racing
11. TellTale’s ‘Game of Thrones’
10. Need for Speed
9. Trine 3
8. Sword Coast Legends
7. Tony Hawk 5
6. Batman: Arkham Knight (mostly the PC version)
5. Fallout 4
4. The Order: 1886
3. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
2. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
1. Star Wars: Battlefront

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2015/12/22/the-15-most-disappointing-video-games-of-2015/
>>
>>321064802
>Witcher is number 3.
Maybe 15 or not even on list.
>MGSV is number 2.
I was disappointed, but compared to the rest of the shit, maybe 14.
>>
>>321064802
Hasn't NFS2015 gotten better since launch?

>always online
Fuck that was a stupid idea
>>
>Fallout 4 lower than MGSV
Yikes
>>
>>321064802
>current year
>believing in the hype and meme trailers
>setting yourself up for disappointment
>>
>>321064802
Why are Witcher 3 and MGS V so high up?

>>321065210
It was trash to begin with and hasn't gotten any better, they really lost sight of what made those games fun.
>>
>>321064802
>Witcher 3
>disappointing

inb4 muh downgrade
>>
>>321064802
>12. Destiny: The Taken King / Sparrow Racing
>Sparrow racing

To be disapointed you have to have expectations.
If you expected good enough handling from a vehicle and general physics in a Bungie game to make for good quality racing you are, quite frankly, an imbecile.

Also, putting an expansion pack on the list is a pretty shit move.
>>
>Halo 5 is on the list

shit list desu senpai
>>
>>321064802
>Witcher 3
>Yes, I know many people will hate me for saying this, but I can’t help how I feel. The Witcher 3 is gorgeous. It’s an imaginative and well-realized open-world. Some of the quests—most notably the Bloody Baron segment—are truly groundbreaking.
>still disappointing

lmao why is this shit even being viraled here
>>
>No Rainbow Six Siege

guess it sold too bad for people to know how much it sucked.
>>
>>321064802
This only proves that the Xbox One is winning. Look at all those shitty PS4 games and this doesn't even include all their weeb shit
>>
>>321064802
>Witcher 3

gr8 b8
>>
>Witcher 3
>disappointing

what

>Battlefront
>The Order
>Tony Hawks 5
>MGS 5
>Destiny
>not expecting EXACTLY what you got

moron
>>
>>321064802
>2. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
>1. Star Wars: Battlefront
Swap those 2. It was clear Battlefront was gonna be shit, since it's EA.
>>
>>321064802
1886 wasn't disappointing.
It turned out exactly as expected.
',:^y
>>
>>321064802
Shit list.
1. Everybody knew it'll end like this
2. MGS was never good
3. Got exactly what normal person expected. Shitty AAA ARPG with batman combat(still the best example of this shit system) and good production values.
4. "We want to make movie but we're making game instead" is obvious red flag.
5. Bethshit
6. Barman was never good and warner likes to save on PC ports.
7. Didn't activision closed the studio that made older Tony Hawk games in 2014? I mean, the fact that it was so fucking horribly bugged is surprising but it was to be expected that it'll be bad.
8. "We want to make 5E D&D RPG except we'll skip most 5E rules and make it more like Diablo x WoW, we want to make DM mode but don't give any power to DM's and gate 3/4th of their tools behind DLC". Surprise motherfuckers its' shit.
9. Unexpected. I couldn't believe they'd screw it up.
10. People care for NfS nowadays?
11. Telltale is shit, perdiod.
12. Destiny was never good, who expected the DLC's to fix it?
13. Even if you liked Halo, everything shown during development was a red flag anyway.
14. Gating 3/4th of content behind DLC while asking for $60 up-front. Even with DLC's there's little to no content. How could it fail?
15. Who gives a fuck about mario in 2015(imb4 nintendo central)
>>
joke article, stop responding
>>
File: 1449972011428.jpg (102 KB, 387x468) Image search: [Google]
1449972011428.jpg
102 KB, 387x468
>>321064802
>Bitcher 3 is number 3 on the list
>Fallout 4 is number 5

Witcher fags

BTFO
T
F
O
>>
>>321064802
Seems like the writer has problems with letting himself get overly hyped and then getting disappointed by basically everything.
>>
>>321069037
Yeah pretty much, this says more about Kain than the games in the list.
>>
>>321064802
>list of biggest disappointments of 2015
>basically throws the "big hype" releases into some arbitrary order

What is this garbage? Is this bait? Is this janky click-bait? Sure most of these games were a let down, some were total shit, looking at you Arkham Knight, but this is such a heap of bullshit.
>>
>>321073001
>What is this garbage?
It is truth.
>>
>>321073001
It's a list made up of some random dudes failed expectations.

Going by this logic Battlefront should be my game of the year because that turned out as craptastic as I expected it to.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.