[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I git gud? Which arts should I be chaining together/put
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: xeno x.png (2 MB, 924x1320) Image search: [Google]
xeno x.png
2 MB, 924x1320
How do I git gud? Which arts should I be chaining together/put on the action bars? Even after reading the manual, I feel so lost.
>>
>>321055962

What class are you playing?
>>
>>321056051
Samurai Gunner at the moment.
>>
>>321055962
What artes do you have available to you at current?
>>
Question about classes, none of your previous arts carry over to a new class right?

Kinda sucks that you have to start with nothing each time you switch,
>>
>>321058115
If you max out the entire class branch, like say Duelist, you should be able carry your previous arts to your other classes that's associated with your weapon.

Like you can use your long sword in your Full Metal Jaguar class and use the arts associated with that sword like Rising Blade
>>
>>321055962
just read the arts. they will tell you if they have bonuses. For example, one gives more damage after you've taunted or are attacking from the side.

Anyone confused with ANYTHING in this game just doesn't fucking read.
>>
>>321058115
Any arts that aren't associated with a particular class of weapon can carry over. This means some auras, buffs, and debuffs.
>>
>>321055962
Until you can start mixing weapons with different classes (get to the end of a class branch) you should just focus on arts that work well together.

It is useful to make sure you have one art of each type (or colour if that makes more sense to you) so you can react to soul voice callouts. You don't get much healing early on beyond these callouts so it pays to have skills you can react with.

The other big thing is don't always use your abilities right away - some abilities are MUCH better once they get their secondary cooldown (Beam Barrage is a great example - if it hits 5x 500 on first cooldown it will do 5x 1200 on secondary with no other effects on).

Start with that, and once you can mix and match you can build actual playstyles. The biggest thing you are gaining from each class are the skills because you can use them in any build with any weapon. It is worth leveling everything (eventually).
>>
>>321060012
Not him, how does damage scaling work? If it's 200% that means the skill does the damage of your normal attack?
>>
>>321060232
That's misinformation. Every art is associated with a weapon. Your weapons decide what arts you get.
>>
File: 1450632259068.png (469 KB, 630x630) Image search: [Google]
1450632259068.png
469 KB, 630x630
Can someone explain Overdrive to me? Also read the manual and I have no clue how it works
>>
>>321061707
Hm. Even things like chrome armour, which to my understanding went into just about any class?
>>
>>321061923
try full metal jaguar for learning how it works. It's the best class for maintaining an overdrive.
>>
>>321061923
Basically your cooldowns recharge faster, you get a third cooldown tier, and you do some more damage.

>>321061972
>Even things like chrome armour
Knives.
>>
>>321062057
You also get bonuses like TP from purple arts, EXP from orange arts, and overdrive time from green and blue arts.
>>
>>321062057
How do you fucking activate it?
>>
>>321061923
You do increased damage.
You have reduced cooldown times.
All arts will enter secondary cooldown regardless of which auto attack you use.
You gain access to a tertiary cooldown.

By using similarly-coloured arts with attacks in succession, each hit will increase the combo number. Like, if you use two yellows in succession, each hit of the second yellow will increase the counter. Increase the counter, and you'll do more damage, cooldowns will be reduced even further, and monsters will resist your effects less, letting you use unconventional damage types or statuses against them.

There are additional bonuses that you get for comboing certain colours into each other. You'll have to figure out those ones for yourselves.

Orange Orange = Nothing
Orange Orange Orange etc (minimum 3) = EXP Bonus, keeps stacking with more orange arts
Orange Blue = Overdrive Duration+
Orange Green = Overdrive Duration+
Orange Yellow = Nothing
Orange Purple = TP Bonus

Blue Orange = Nothing
Blue Blue = Nothing
Blue Green = HP Recover
Blue Yellow = Nothing
Blue Purple = Debuff time extended

Green Orange = Double overdrive count bonus
Green Blue = Overdrive duration+
Green Green = Double overdrive count bonus
Green Yellow = Double overdrive count bonus
Green Purple = Double overdrive count bonus

Yellow Orange = Nothing
Yellow Yellow Yellow etc (Minimum 3) = Class EXP Bonus, keeps stacking with more yellow arts
Yellow Blue = Overdrive Duration+
Yellow Green = Overdrive Duration+
Yellow Yellow = Nothing
Yellow Purple = TP Bonus

Purple Orange = Appendage damage up
Purple Blue = Overdrive Duration+
Purple Green = Overdrive Duration+
Purple Yellow = Appendage damage up
>>
>>321062251
3000 tp after chapter 5
>>
>>321062284
Subtract "You'll have to figure out those ones foryourselves." because I immediately copy-pasted the colour combos after it.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.