[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WoW
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: vwJBtSb.png (820 KB, 497x863) Image search: [Google]
vwJBtSb.png
820 KB, 497x863
>Cata dungeons were hard

Will this meme ever die?
>>
File: ue1sqtT.jpg (202 KB, 911x753) Image search: [Google]
ue1sqtT.jpg
202 KB, 911x753
They were actually somewhat challenging on heroic mode when everyone was in trash leveling gear. Requiring players to do passable dps and follow boss mechanics is something that a lot of players had never experienced.

And then the dungeons were nerfed and free gear was handed out like candy so people could go back to hitting their AOE button and standing in fire.
>>
>>321051004
they were hard for your average mr LFD farmer mc bumblefuck that didn''t know the bare basics of crowd control, that said, heroic dungeons were still fun to run with guildmates
>>
They were not hard, just more complex to what people were used to.
>>
>>321051405
Isn't that the same as saying it's hard? Like, even if you get used to it later the difficulty level is still the same. You just got better, it's not like the thing retroactively got easier.
>>
>>321051875

If you did heroic shattered halls in blues then nothing that Cata threw at you was intimidating.
>>
>>321051214
This
As long as your group weren't all keyboard turners that didn't ever get out of the fire they weren't terribly difficult.
But since the average player started playing in WotLK heroics, where all you had to do was group everything up and aoe it down, it was far too much for them to handle and they all got nerfed into the ground.
>>
They were harder than wotlk dungeons. They required cc and stepping out of fire. Still easy, but more enjoyable and rewarding because ther required something more than tank and spank.
>>
File: 1448424695629.png (345 KB, 498x568) Image search: [Google]
1448424695629.png
345 KB, 498x568
>>321052236

>tfw I was a keyboard turner for the first year that I played

That was a lot of shame to face.
>>
>>321051004
As long as Wrathbabbies still exist, you'll hear stupid shit like this. Can't blame them, they just don't know any better.
>>
>>321051214
>And then the dungeons were nerfed and free gear was handed out like candy so people could go back to hitting their AOE button and standing in fire.
Oh yes, I miss the WotLK dungeons, to- oh wait!
This happens every fucking expansions! Woooooh!
>>
>>321052062

Oh god that was horrible. Thanks for bringing back that repressed memory.
>>
>The game is too easy!
>…
>the game is too hard!
>…
>The game is too easy!
>>
>>321051004
They WERE hard on release before they nerfed them into the fucking ground making them loot pinata.
>>
>>321051004
Actually naxxramas ins wotlk was the hardest one
>>
File: 1437312520299.png (236 KB, 586x476) Image search: [Google]
1437312520299.png
236 KB, 586x476
>>321052593
>tfw I was a clicker for eight years
You know nothing about shame.
>>
>>321054629
>Be Blood Death Knight
>Still click like half of my buttons: Only macro my basic rotation
>Kill mythic bosses and farm Heroic Archimonde

After a while you start to get good at being bad.
>>
>>321054629
I click and do fine in pvp and mythic progression. It's more about awareness.
>>
>players complaining that HARDMODE is too hard
>Normal mode exists and is essentially the same content.

And then they nerfed them to hell.
Guess the players just wanted free loot.
>>
I remember doing not only all the heroics, but all those stupid "do the bosses with your eyes closed and both hands tied behind your back"-like achievements. And they weren't hard at all.

Only wrathbabbies considered cata heroics hard, and their voices were heard because almost every old player who every did Shattered Halls or Shadowlabs back in the day has long since quit the game.

Also, WotLK heroics were piss easy, not because you did them in ICC gear but right from the start when you still wore lv70 gear. Hell, Loken was the only boss who was capable of killing players. And those swirling dwarves bevor him.
P.S.: If you ever hid in the corner in Halls of Reflection, you and your party were SHIT.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.