[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw the true final boss of a game is the middle boss Why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 13
File: 470291656.jpg (35 KB, 480x272) Image search: [Google]
470291656.jpg
35 KB, 480x272
>tfw the true final boss of a game is the middle boss
Why is this allowed?
>>
Because the true final boss of a game is DLC's last boss.
>>
File: davido-kun.jpg (69 KB, 639x475) Image search: [Google]
davido-kun.jpg
69 KB, 639x475
>true final boss is the second boss
>>
>>321050837
Manus isn't even last boss worthy, neither is Artorias

They felt like mid-game bosses
>>
File: 1400439316372.png (85 KB, 300x278) Image search: [Google]
1400439316372.png
85 KB, 300x278
>you are the final boss
>>
File: Enough-talk-have-at-you.jpg (77 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Enough-talk-have-at-you.jpg
77 KB, 1280x720
>>321050837
Good thing the PC version came with the DLC included.
>>
>>321050760
I summoned two other people to help with that fight.

I don't even care I didn't do it on my own, fuck that fight honestly. I know I'm bad at video games for cheesing it but fuck getting stunlocked and losing all my health cause desolation of smaug hit me with his hammer.
>>
>>321050907
I had the most trouble with Manus out of any boss pretty sure.

I played a lot of drunk souls lol. Killed O&S while drunk. But Manus's magic made him a cunt.

Artorias was pretty weak. Just avoid his barrage, hit him a few times then fuck off.
>>
File: Wrath_10.jpg (42 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
Wrath_10.jpg
42 KB, 1360x768
>>321050837
FUCK
>>
>>321051154
Same. Though I oneshot them on my second character who's a fatass in full Havel's.
I guess my problem was that I made my first character with both rolling and blocking in mind and he ended up shit at both.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (400 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
400 KB, 1920x1080
>true final boss is the first boss
>>
>>321051020
Man, fuck that guy. I think I died more times to him than I've ever done in the Souls games.
>>
>>321051418
BEASTS ALL OVER THE SHOP
>>
>>321051252
>Just avoid his barrage, hit him a few times then fuck off.

how to defeat literally any enemy in dark souls
>>
>>321051418
Man, Gascoigne ain't even that hard, Paarl is way harder
>>
File: motherfucker.jpg (111 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
motherfucker.jpg
111 KB, 1280x720
>>321051418
>imfuckingplying
>>
>>321051792
Personally, I died more to Gascock than any other boss in the game. Nowadays I usually beat him first or second try, but at the beginning he fucked me up good.
>>
File: ebrietas.jpg (262 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
ebrietas.jpg
262 KB, 1600x900
>>
>>321051862
>actually doing copypaste dungeons
>>
>>321051920
literally just stood there and wailed on her until she died.
>>
>>321051792
He was a pretty tough boss to start off with definitely, but he wasn't incredibly frustrating for me
>>321051862
Now THIS dude fucked my shit up, and I haven't even gotten to the boss version, just the weaker NPC you find in the woods
>>
It's fucking great, as long as the true final boss is actually stronger and cooler.
>>
O+S is the final boss, the rest is post endgame content like an epilogue
>>
>>321051920
ebby is actually pretty easy, I struggled with it on the first playthrough though
>>
>>321051920
>apply bolt paper
>stand at her side and R1 to win

One of the easiest bosses in the game.
>>
>>321050760
What was so hard about this boss

I beat him on my 4th try, which is pretty good considering I beat the Capra Demon on my 17th.
>>
Am I the only one who finds the hunter NPC's harder than the actual bosses? Like the guy with rosmarinus before you fight Micolash. Or the pricks in the nightmare frontier.

I killed the wet nurse on my second try but some of these cunts are still alive.
>>
>>321052346
I guess most people just panick at them.
If you stay calm and use you brain, the fight is pretty easy.
>>
>>321051252
A tip people seem to not know, crossbows are fucking amazing, go wood grain ring in you fucking suck at dodging, get max distance and just shoot him with a +14 light crossbow, shit is fucking broken, had a dex character that never even once touched him, just headshot him for 3 minutes.
>>
>>321052346
You used summon
>>
>>321052394
Bloody Crow of Cainhurst and the Gatling Hunter in the DLC are pretty bullshit, but how can you have any trouble with the guy before micolash? His HP is low as fuck and he staggers super easily. Just R1 him to death.
>>
>>321052346
What build were you using? I've beaten dark souls a ton at this point, but Timon & Pumba always manage to wreck my shit
>>
>>321052346
It's mostly just due to the fact that you have to face two bosses at the same time. Being outnumbered in a Souls game is always way more dangerous than facing any opponent solo.
In a 1v1 fight you can just memorize the attack patterns and exploit enemy AI. But when having to simultaneously take on two bosses, with different movesets, you can't rely on just that, you have to be quick in your decisions and execute the actions you want to perform perfectly. That's what people mean by gitting gud.
>>
No matter how good you think you are, O&S can always fuck you up.

Trying to avoid Smoughs giant hammer, meanwhile Orinstein charges you with his dash attack from off screen.

There is literally no way to get around that no matter how much skill you have so whoever thinks O&S "just require skill" are lying to themselves.
>>
>>321052536
I don't remember crossbows even scaled with dex.
>>
>>321052626
Not him, but on my first playthrough I used the Claymore with a quality-ish build and beat them pretty quickly wthout summons.
>>
File: instaheatning.jpg (13 KB, 396x148) Image search: [Google]
instaheatning.jpg
13 KB, 396x148
>>321051020
This asshole!
>>
>>321050980
thanks soul nomad
>>
>>321052824
C'mon, it was a really fun fight.
>>
File: 547345743.jpg (100 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
547345743.jpg
100 KB, 1280x720
>>321052394
THIS
FUCKING
GUY
>>
>>321052775
You can separate them quite easily using the pillars.
Smough will always follow you trudging along slowly, while Ornstein will pursue you more actively.
Just chip away at Orns and retreat.
And if you want to trivialize the fight, summon Solaire.
>>
>>321052561
Nope. I don't have online for my PS3.
>>321052626
I had black knights halberd and havels set.
>>
>>321052902
It was, most challenging fight I've fought. Funny thing I reinstalled that game couple of days ago.

I should play it win paladin and finish the rest of the challenges.
>>
>>321051357

You mean YOU ended up shit at both.
>>
>>321052610
Dunno bro, I guess I didn't feel like wasting time/vials when I came across him.

Is it to late to fight the bloody crow if I'm on Gerham? Havent beaten him yet though. What about Paarl?
>>
>>321052921
that gave me more trouble than the wet nurse
wet nurse was 3 tries
they should add a book item to the game , to see your stats , times killed by X boss , number of NG , and a leaderboard of that for the sake of it
>>
I only recently started playing DS. Probably up to about 6 hours play time now. Only just got to the Bell Gargoyle today. Thought I was doing alright until that second asshole spawned. Did get that first fucker's tail on the second attempt without knowing it was a thing.

I need to git gud. Or grind a bit and upgrade my Thief armor all to +5.
>>
>>321052793
crossbows don't scale
>>
>>321053294
nah upgrade your weapon first, its more important than armor.
>>
>>321053294
>armor
Upgrading armor this early might not be worth it. There are sets with higher base armor, and armor is mostly for fashion anyway.
What you really should do is get your weapon to +5, this will boost your damage much better than just pouring points into str/dex.
You can also use the the lightning resin you found in Undead Burg. IF you found it.
>>
>>321053294
Ugrading armor is bullshit. Focus on your weapon and learning how to dodge.
>>
File: 1342536666001.png (10 KB, 500x233) Image search: [Google]
1342536666001.png
10 KB, 500x233
>consuming Blood Dregs gives insight
>literally gaining insight by swallowing a dead hunter's cum

This game is fucking gay.
>>
>>321053628
>>321053294
>and learning how to dodge.
Or upgrading a decent shield. Like for example Balder Shield, that anon can get in the very same area, if he's lucky.
>>
>>321053472
>>321053512
My Short Sword is already +5. My starting Dagger is +3.

Got +1 on all my starting Thief armor. Have a full set of that non-Hollow knight armor from those guys in the church. Which seemed to help keep me upright and swinging thanks to that poise, but it wrecks my dodging ability. And I can't sneak up on asshole to shank them like I can with the Thief set.

Do you think it might be worth a bit of a grind to upgrade that knight set a bit for this battle? Apparently I can summon Solair and that other guy (if I go back to the fire to talk to him now that I released him) apparently. Which I forgot about because I wasn't Human when approaching the fight.

I might have already used all the resin I found trying to kill that Black Knight thing where you find that DEF ring. Because I was a shitter.
>>
File: 1449332338271.jpg (162 KB, 978x972) Image search: [Google]
1449332338271.jpg
162 KB, 978x972
>>321053747
Stay buttblasted PCfag. You will never get it.
>>
>>321053880
I'd summon Lautrec and Solaire if I were you, makes the fight so much easier.
>>
>>321053790
I think I have a Balder Shield. But was using the Kite Shield, I think it is. Whatever the red and blue one is.

I'm still a little unclear about how weight affects you versus the actual item grade. If it is heavy and I am playing a Thief and only have Strength 12, is it going to fuck me over if I use it?
>>
>>321053880
>And I can't sneak up on asshole to shank them like I can with the Thief set.
As far as I'm aware armor type or equipment load don't affect your "stealth" capabilities. You just have to tilt the stick lightly, so your character would walk, not run.

The black knights are pretty tough in the early game if you're new, so it's okay. Anyway, a +5 weapon should be enough to kill the gargoyles.
Also I don't see much harm in summoning the NPCs, compared to the overgeared players. In DS2 NPC events are even tied to successfully summoning them for some bosses.

But keep in mind that every phantom summoned adds extra 50% to the boss. And with Gargoyles, you need to DPS the first one really quick once the second one comes down. And inflating their health pool wouldn't help you in accomplishing that.
>>
>>321054070
>Whatever the red and blue one is.
Knight shield. It's pretty good at this point in the game, except it's really fucking heavy for its stats. At this point your best options are Balder > Undead Warrior shield > Heater.
>>
>>321054070
Oh, and Strength doesn't affect your carry weight, Endurance does. Strength only affects weapon damage (the attribute bonus or w/e it's called under the item info tab).
>>
>>321054163
>As far as I'm aware armor type or equipment load don't affect your "stealth" capabilities.

There is a very audible clinking noise when I wear the Balder set. They hear this even if I walk slow. When I slowly approach in my Thief gear they don't seem to hear it until it is too late. I tested this out because if was very nifty.

I wasn't aware of the summoning adding HP. That being said the issue wasn't so much I couldn't kill one. I am certain I can do that. The problem is that the second one just starts laying down that fire and fucks up my ability to dodge. If a summon can keep him occupied then I am pretty certain I can solo whichever one the summon doesn't take.

>>321054239
Yeah it was a great replacement for my Wooden Shield. Didn't think it was heavier than the Balder Shield though. I'll double check that.

>>321054303
In regards to the weight I just wasn't sure if the less you were using versus your max the easier it was the dodge. Or is it just a case of whatever the armor is affects that and not the weight ratio? I notice that in a Balder set I move and dodge slower than my Thief set. Which makes sense, but I just wasn't sure if it is because it is a plate style set or because I am using more weight in it.
>>
>>321054163
Metal armor is louder than leather armors.
>>
>>321054689
That stat to look for on shields is stability, the more the better. Also you have to be under 25% of your max equip load to fast roll, which is something you should always do. Dodging > blocking
>>
>>321054689
Your rolling speed (and iframes during a dodge) are affected by your equipment weight
>less 25% - fast roll
>between 25% and 50% - mid roll
>above 50% - fat roll
>over 100% - can't run or roll, just walk
Funnily enough this doesn't affect your jump length in DaS1.
>>
File: Bloodletting_Beast_1.jpg (14 KB, 560x315) Image search: [Google]
Bloodletting_Beast_1.jpg
14 KB, 560x315
On Bloodborne bosses, this fucker.
>>
>>321054713
Stealth must be modified by something, because on NG+ I could sneak up in full Black Iron to the Balder in Parish that's got his back turned and bs him with my Greatsword. Not sure what but it's something. No sneak ring or magic either
>>
>>321054848
>>321054926
Thank you this is exactly the sort of knowledge I was looking for.

The Poise from the Balder set was nice, but it fucks my dodge ability into a fat roll I think. And seems to have worse FireRES than my Thief set so just standing there isn't entirely viable.

I'll see what I can do about some mixing and also give the Balder Shield a crack. And continue to be a little less shit than the day before.

This is a fun game. I am sad that I didn't give it a try earlier.
>>
>>321054713
If only FROM were skilled enough to incorporate such details into their games.
>>
>>321055272
Poise in nice to have, so you wouldn't get gangraped by dogs during a certain encounter. But keep in mind that poise and armor only matter if you get hit. Dodging is very powerful and easy in Souls games, since you have a plenty of iframes even with mid roll to just phase through most enemy attacks.

As for the shields, what you really want to look at is their physical damage resistance and stability. The former is self-explanatory and the latter determines how much stamina is drained when you successfully block an attack.
>>
>>321055323
That's actually what I really liked about Dark Souls 2. It has lots of those neat little technical details.
Like being soaked in water boosts your fire res but lowers lightning res. Powder kegs exploding when hit with fire damage, but just breaking when you roll over them. Etc.
>>
>>321055323
I doubt they aren't skilled enough. They just don't give a fuck about it.
>>
>>321054973
Nigga, BLB is fucking easy if you actually bothered to analyze his moveset and not be intimidated by him and the overly loud music.

Tips.

1. Unlock. You don't want to suffer from BB's poor camera system.
2. Roll INTO his hand attacks. The i-frames will save you.
3. His safest spot is HIS LEFT LEG. It has NO attacks. HIS RIGHT leg does that stomp-to-jump-back attack, but HIS LEFT leg is harmless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR_gFDtmOnQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvzalYLacOs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNwDT-059ag

The same tactics apply to the wormhead version. The safest place is literally in front of his leg left.

Remember: it's HIS left, NOT yours.
>>
>>321055559
>I doubt they aren't skilled enough
They can't program AI that doesn't get stuck on geometry or fall down cliffs in the stupidest of ways. What makes you think they can program proper stealth mechanics?
>>
>>321056029
Decent AI is still one of the hardest things to program. And the more complex it gets the larger the resource requirement. Not trying to excuse them for stuff that might be blatantly stupid, but it is far from being a black and white issue of just not being shit.
>>
>>321056029
Something similar I have found in FROM's AI programming that pisses me off is that boss combos are very lazily programmed and not capable of adapting to changes in the environment.

Here's specifically what I mean.

If you're within a boss's range for a certain 4-5 hit attack combo, the boss will do that 4-5 hit attack combo from start to finish regardless of whether or not you've rolled or run away from being anywhere NEAR where the combo will hit. So even if you've rolled 100 feet away from it by the time it does the second hit of its 5-hit combo, it will continue to do that combo till finish, even though it's clear none of the hits will hit you.

That for me is very lazy AI programming. Why not program the boss to stop doing its combo when you've rolled or run out of the way of its attacks? That would make the boss so much more intelligent.

That's what bosses do in Ninja Gaiden games. Like, when you fight Genshin in Mission 2 of Ninja Gaiden 2, he has combos that reach up to 8-9 hits. If you happen to roll away or be out of range of his attacks at any point after he begins the combo, he will STOP doing the combo, like a person would.
>>
>>321054239
Actually it goes Heater > Balder > Undead Warrior

Heater shield has as many parry frames as a small shield but also does 100% physical damage reduction and has decent stability for its weight class.
>>
>>321056356
It's probably part of the lore, don't question it.

>the boss is hollow and enraged and doesn't even notice you rolling away
>combo time is convoluted
>>
>>321054032
>I'd summon Lautrec and Solaire if I were you, makes the fight so much easier.

They can handle bell gargoyls themselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7E3gaL35Pk
>>
>>321051862
you can poison it with one throwing knife
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.