[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yakuza Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 70
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 435x245) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 435x245
What's your dream, /v/?
>>
>>321049213
Rife uh finds a way
>>
SHINADA DID NOTHING WRONG
>>
I don't know what to think about Y5's ending.

One of the main points of the story is to get Haruka to fulfill her dream, only to have her throw it away at the very end of the game.

The final boss was okay, I was only expecting the detective to be the big bad guy so Aizawa being his son came out as a surprising twist among a lot of predictable shit. The fight was amazing, but his character is sadly not very charismatic.

Majima's involvement in the story sucked overall.

The story was as ambitious as it was far-fetched, though that's hardly surprising at this point. In terms of content this game was the richest the series has ever been. I am actually eager to keep playing to get that completion rate up to 100%.
>>
Where to find last Saejima's substory? I have 14/15 right now and nothing on the map.
>>
>>321050106
There's a substory that takes place in both the mountains and the city. Something about a kid leaving the household.
>>
>>321049213
Im sad anon
My best friend said they don't want to be friends with me anymore, ever
So
I guess
My dream is for us to be friends again
I only had one, now I have zero.
>>
File: vf2-jeffry.jpg (18 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
vf2-jeffry.jpg
18 KB, 300x300
RING OUT
RING OUT
RING OUT
RING OUT
RING OUT
RING OUT
>>
>>321050226
Done that already.
>>
>>321049213
to be a cute japanese girl owned by the yakuza and forced to do JAV
>>
File: 1448733954955.gif (109 KB, 300x375) Image search: [Google]
1448733954955.gif
109 KB, 300x375
>people having trouble with the rhythm parts

wew lad
>>
SHINADA IS KAWAII
>>
>>321051518
The way Shinada talk is surprisingly cute or pleasant to hear. I thought we would get another gruff guy when I first saw him.

>hitting a home run
>いい感じ!いい感じ!
I can listen to him forever.
>>
>that final boss on Hard
>start the fight with no Climax heat
>barely make it to the last part, literally one or two hits from death
>heat meter is empty
>He runs for the finishin blow, Kokami tiger drop him, get full heat from it, use a full heat move onto him, gives me enough to use my Climax heat which finishes him off enough to use Feel the Heat

hype as fuck ending tbqhwymf
>>
>Alright the villain wants us to fight each other
>So to counteract his plan we'll all play right into his hands
>Okay let's all fight to the death on top of this tower, and then if we're lucky the guy who wins will find out who was behind all this.
This is almost as dumb as the "let's put all the money on top of the tower and I guess we'll just figure it out" from Yakuza 4.

And I think them ripping their shirts off, even the guys wearing multi-layered suits like it's nothing, will never stop being hilarious.

Great game though.
>>
Liked the game but Part 3 was so shit oh my god.

Akiyama deserved better.
>>
>>321050106
Did you do the Dojo at the start?
>>
>>321052930
T-set pls go, part 3 was great
>>
>>321053083
>forced to do rhythm shit that is stupidly easy
>play as the character who was literally a plot device to get captured to get kiryu to do things, and has the personality of a brick
>only like 3 songs
>story is easily the dullest of any of the sections
>akiyama one of the best characters has to share half his part with this
>not only that but it also has the shittiest final boss, fucking Kanai.

part 3 is unforgivable anon
>>
File: uwot.jpg (23 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
uwot.jpg
23 KB, 540x960
Shinada hit a little too close to home. I was broke as fuck in my early 20s and went days on end without food. But I still did pushups, squats, and situps.
>>
>>321053280
But them concert costumes anon.
>>
>>321053534
i might've liked it if the plot of part 3 wasn't so fucking dull
>>
>>321053280
>Rhythm shit was fun although it was really easy
>Haruka is pretty cool and some parts gave good feels (orphanage letters)
>Story was slow paced but it had a lot of important shit happening (like park's husbands reveall)
>Kanai wasn't bad
I agree with the other points, 3 songs isn't enough (although there is more if you count the dance ones) and akiyama deserved more, but it was still enjoyable
>>
I love Shinada but this new baseball system is really shitty.
>>
>>321053791
>>Haruka is pretty cool and some parts gave good feels
I just wish she had more of a character rather than being an angel in a human body.
>>Story was slow paced but it had a lot of important shit happening (like park's husbands reveall)

How was this important? I don't think her being Majima's ex was relevant at all. Majima barely had a role in the story himself, his supposed death just acted as a catalyst for Kaz and Saejima.
>>
>>321053304
>5000 swings
>1000 pushups and situps
>hasn't skipped a day

Is there anyone as fit as Shinada
>>
>>321053981
>implying it's possible to have that kind of energy without eating like an absolute madman

Shinada is full of shit, I bet he was feeding off Milky's milkys all along.
>>
>>321050070
Haruka wasn't fulfilling her dream at all, she and Kiryu got conned by Park. Park was living her failed dreams through Haruka. Both Haruka and Kiryu were doing it for the money to keep the orphanage afloat
>>
>>321054051

no shit

you don't drink breast milk bro?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Tktb___ZGw
>>
>>321052863
To be fair, they were gonna have a fight to the death eventually. Might as well settle it ASAP
>>
>>321054151
>they know them fighting to the death is the bad guy's plan
>bad guy literally just shows up with a gun while they're all exhausted and shoots them
yeah real fucking smart

also saejima and kaz had no reason to fight
>>
>>321054151
But they weren't. Everybody in that fight survives, and they're all friends afterwards.
>>
Does Akiyami really share a side activity with Haruka? Is it just sub stories for him or what?
>>
>>321053938
She did show some character, like standing up to kanai and all his goons, takes some balls, and was just good way to show that she's been through some real shit.
If you can't see why the whole thing with majima and the letter isn't important you should replay the final part. While majima himself gets a pretty minor role, the whole thing with the letter and his relationship with katsuya and park did play an important role. Part 3 was the first time where i felt shit was actually going down since the Kiryu vs tojo showdown
>>
>>321054273
They share the same chapter but their sub stories are totally different. Akiyama also doesn't have his own another drama
>>
>>321054143
I don't know about that. It seems to me that Haruka was really into the whole idol thing regardless of Park and the orphanage. I know she reveals at the end that she was in for the money, but still.
>>
>>321054204
>also saejima and kaz had no reason to fight

They wanted a rematch.
>>
File: nice.jpg (10 KB, 226x200) Image search: [Google]
nice.jpg
10 KB, 226x200
>we get no install screen
>music is still used in the last battle
>>
>>321050070
It's hilarious how Majima is pretty much the most popular character and he's had shit for screen time ever since 2 (minus zero of course and with Kiwami a bit more)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zV5dUN_TEKg
This is the best Majima thing.
>>
>>321054350
>She did show some character, like standing up to kanai and all his goons, takes some balls, and was just good way to show that she's been through some real shit.
That's not really her having a personality, she just has generic traits like being nice, friendly, strong ect. She doesn't any character quirks or anything. Compare her to Majima or Akiyama or something and it's pretty obvious. Hell even the other kids at the stupid orphanage feel more like characters than her.

To be fair Kaz falls into this trap as well, but he kind of gets a pass just because he does a bunch of over the top action nonsense. and doesn't spend every game kidnapped.
>f you can't see why the whole thing with majima and the letter isn't important you should replay the final part
It was barely relevant. If she isn't his ex the plot barely changes. The entire letter scheme was just a massive red herring anyway. The only thing Part 3 did was introduce Katsuya.
>>
>>321054427
She worked hard as hell, yeah
But ultimately it was still more Park's dream than it was Haruka's. As soon as she fulfilled Park's dream of performing on that stage she got outta there to chase her own dream of getting buttfucked by Kiryu
>>
>>321054546
was now really the time
>>
>>321054690
>Being nice and strong-willed (and naive) isn't a character
>being a wacky guy is

She has as much character as anyone in this game. You just don't like said character, that is all.
>>
>>321054836
Not that guy but while it didn't make sense having a fatal 4 way was amazing
>>
>>321052930
>>321053280
Let me guess, you began yakuza with 4
>>
>>321054887
>>Being nice and strong-willed (and naive) isn't a character
Being nice and strong-willed are pretty generic character traits bud.
>being a wacky guy is
Yes being the unpredictable wacky guy with a heart of gold definitely makes you stand out more as a character than being a girl who spends most of her time kidnapped.

She isn't even naive though, they even explicitly state that she's not naive.
>You just don't like said character, that is all.
I don't really dislike her as a catalyst for getting Kiryu do things when she gets kidnapped Which is what she was in every other game.

But making her the protagonist of Part 3 was a pretty massive mistake.
>>321055210
Nope, started with 1.
>>
File: cage10.jpg (43 KB, 512x566) Image search: [Google]
cage10.jpg
43 KB, 512x566
>>321049213
I want to play Yakuza 3-5 but I don't own a PS3
>>
>>321055359
I'm sure it's pretty easy to find a used one cheap now.
>>
>>321054690
Theres more to having a personality than just having quirks though, her being strong and caring makes sense due to her circumstances ( she watched kaz punch goddamn tigers in the face and was taking care of kids in an orphanage), she doesn't have these qualities "just because".
>If she isn't his ex the plot barely changes.
that's clearly wrong though it's a major plot point for a big part of the game, and even if it ultimately goes into the background you've still spent a lot of time trying to figure out what the fuck was going on
>>
>>321049213

I'm already living my dream.

>start as Shinada
>spend last $2.00 on baseball
>picture related takes it
>FUCK
>go outside
>only have 17 cents
>get into fight
>get gold plate
>1000 big ones
>getting paid to beat people up with no consequences

LIVING THE YUME
>>
>>321055489
>her being strong and caring makes sense due to her circumstances
I'm not implying that she has to be some quirky random jokester or something I'm just saying she barely has any entertaining or interesting characterization aside from generic protagonist shit like "nice, strong, caring." Things someone who doesn't know what to say about themselves would put on their resume.

Shinda's a pretty standard everyman but he has his flaws, his quirks, his moments where he actually feels like a person.

She doesn't even feel like a real character because she's such an angel. It's not even like we saw her develop. Her character has been pretty much the same generic cute young girl since the first game. Which was fine since she was mostly just a side character, but now she's a playable protagonist.

The other kids at the orphanage in Yakuza 3 had more interesting characterization than she did.
>that's clearly wrong though it's a major plot point for a big part of the game,
I mean maybe I got lost somewhere but I don't recall it having that major an impact.

I don't think much would've changed if the entire letter plot was removed aside from the introduction of Katsuya. At the end of the day Haruka just ends up being another plot device for the bad guys to use against Kiryu.
>>
Just got to Shinada. His range is shit.
>>
>>321056126
Yeah I liked Shinada's character but I think I liked playing as him the least.
>>
>>321056194

He's a weapons/grapple guy, and he's actually really fun when you know how to play him.
>>
>>321056249
Yeah I'm pretty sure I was just shit at him.
>>
>>321055254
you really didn't contradict his point, you pretty much admitted that you just don't like her character traits as much as the others, which is fine
>>321055896
generic isn't really a criticism man, you just don't find it entertaining.
And i mean there's strong , but there's standing up to a dozen of fucking yakuza, or continuing to practice her routines when 2 of her fucking managers got pushed off a rooftop, which is all a result of her development through the series
>>
>>321056194
I dunno, maybe once I level him up he gets more bearable, just like Saejima being no fun allowed in the initial levels but gets better later on.

Akiyama plays best, IMO.
>>
>>321055359
>I don't own a PS3
>In 2015

What else do you watch your Blu Rays on?
>>
>>321056126
He feels weak even after you upgrade him and the sturdy weapons suck. Knife moveset is good tho
>>
>>321056361
>you really didn't contradict his point, you pretty much admitted that you just don't like her character traits as much as the others, which is fine
I mean... obviously. I can't deny that she literally is in fact a character in the game and so long as she does anything she's going to have some sort of trait.
>generic isn't really a criticism man, you just don't find it entertaining.
I don't see how her being a boring and shallow character isn't a criticism. Of course I don't find her entertaining for these reasons.
>And i mean there's strong , but there's standing up to a dozen of fucking yakuza, or continuing to practice her routines when 2 of her fucking managers got pushed off a rooftop
No, that's pretty much just "strong willed".

>which is all a result of her development through the series
I mean sure you can say that, but there's never a point where we see she was previously weak-willed before and overcame it. It's not like she had a character arc or anything.

Like at the start of his story Shinada was kind of a bitch who didn't really want to face his past and breaks down several times, but by the end he has a pretty obvious character arc.
>>
>>321056526
>He feels weak

That's mostly why I love him. Everyone else is just so stupidly OP.

Shinada with no double up HP or buggs, with weak weapons, no armor and champ's ring on EX-Hard is actually really fun because you actually have a chance of getting rekt because you're not invincible.
>>
>yfw grabbing a bat with Shinada
>>
>>321056361
>which is all a result of her development through the series
she was standing up to yakuza in yakuza 1 when she was like 9 m8
>>
>>321056786

>buggs

meant buffs kek
>>
>>321056426
I enjoyed Saejima's initial levels though, throwing around people was fun as fun and I never thought he was that bad.

I think Akiyama is the most fun but Kiryu is easily the most powerful.
>>321056786
It did seem to fit his character. He's really the only normal guy so it did make sense he was more of a brawler fuck-up.
>>
>>321056786
why is Daigo such a jobber?
>>
>>321056786
Akiyama isn't op, but he's not as weak as Shinada. Only Kiryu and Saejima are truly op

>>321057061
Daigo didn't job this game though
>>
>>321056751
>I don't see how her being a boring and shallow character isn't a criticism.
It isn't though, boring is an opinion, and shallow is wrong since her character has a good reason to be how it is, even if you dislike it.
Also dealing with armed criminals like that is a little more than "strong willed" but whatever.
I agree that Shinada is great and definitely more interesting but that doesn't make the other characters bad, for example Saejima's traits are just being a good leader/aniki and a force of nature, he doesn't get much development but he's still likeable as fuck.
>>
>>321057219
>Akiyama isn't op

lolwut his grab taunt fully fills his heat gauge basically and his heat moves are OP as fuck as are his triangle combos enders - his range and crowd control is the best a square+triangle combo can stun and down dozens of people in one swipe not to mention his swift dodging
>>
>>321050070

It was Park's dream, not Haruka's. Haruka repeatedly said she'd do the concert, but only for Park. Although I felt bad for Kiryu because he'll take it as if Haruka quit because of him. He's going to hate the yakuza life even more because of it.
>>
>>321057219

He's not OP in power, but his speed and wide array of OP heat moves in which you just need a wall make him crazy OP compared to good old shinada
>>
Where can I get the 3 other online store registrations?

And how the fuck do I beat anything in pool? Even the beginner one wrecks me by doing insane shots.
>>
>>321057632
I have no idea where the other online stores are. Shinada gets 2 from coach and Kiryu gets 1 from new taxi employee
>>
>>321049213
Is that Miike?
>>
>>321057427
>It isn't though, boring is an opinion, and shallow is wrong since her character has a good reason to be how it is, even if you dislike it.
Obviously if I'm criticizing a piece of artistic work it's going to be an opinion unless I'm talking about specific technical issues or plot holes.

In no situation could a character being bad ever be a fact. Why are you even bringing this up?
>Also dealing with armed criminals like that is a little more than "strong willed" but whatever.

Well she doesn't deal with armed criminals. She just stands up to them before getting kidnapped. Which is pretty much the definition of strong willed. It's not like this is some character developing moment for her as >>321056856
pointed out she was doing this in Yakuza 1. In fact I'm pretty sure the first time you meet her is her standing up to a bunch of thugs throwing rocks at the dog.

>but that doesn't make the other characters bad
Her being less interesting and entertaining that pretty much every other character unfortunately does make her bad.

>Saejima's traits are just being a good leader/aniki and a force of nature, he doesn't get much development but he's still likeable as fuck.
But he does. In Yakuza 4 he had a very clear character arc about how conflicted he was with his whole murder fiasco, and how abandoned he felt by his family and Majima. It was kind of copped-out with the whole rubber bullets thing but he did have an actual character and an arc.

He even has an arc in the prison where he decides that trying to be a model-prisoner isn't worth letting that one scumbag run the prison. And then he has his whole thing with Baba. He's really just a more realistic ( using that term loosely ) version of Kiryu and he's pretty entertaining.

I can't really say Haruka has a decent character arc, or is entertaining. She has some good emotional moments with Kaz but that's more because she's such a long-standing character more than anything else.
>>
File: YGR Revengeance.webm (3 MB, 640x512) Image search: [Google]
YGR Revengeance.webm
3 MB, 640x512
>>
>>321055210

Not that guy, but I started with Yakuza 4 because it was free on PS+ one time. I even remember a bunch of guys on /v/ telling me it was okay to start with 4 because of all its recap videos. I loved Yakuza 4,loved Ishin (PS4), and now I'm playing Y5. With 0 coming out and the first game being remade, I don't really see the big deal with where I started.
>>
>>321057942
Da fuck
>>
>>321058227
he's just an autist trying to be pretentious to win an e-debate.

you should play the others though they're pretty good. you can easily emulate 1 and 2.
>>
File: nani.gif (987 KB, 500x452) Image search: [Google]
nani.gif
987 KB, 500x452
>>321055210

I began with the first game in 2006.

Shoving Haruka's stupid dancing shit into Akiyama's chapter and having them constantly switch over was a shitty experience. It would be okay if it was 1:1, but they constantly keep trying to push Haruka's shit bag on me after playing so little of Akiyama. It was frustrating to say the least.

What the fuck does 4 have anything to do with it?
>>
Beating the Komaki's as Akiyama is kinda fucking hard.
>>
>>321058878
I think the implication is that only someone who started with 4 would like Akiyama or something dumb like that.
>>
>>321058637

With Kiwami coming out, I won't play the original. I might give Y2 a go since I have a modded PS2.
>>
>>321058984
Oh that's probably for the best. The localized version of the original has a really bad English dub which would be jarring as fuck to go to if you've played the others with the sub.
>>
>>321058928

Well that's just retarded. I just didn't like constantly jumping between Haruka and Akiyama. I was glad to be rid of Haruka's dance shit because I got as far as I wanted to with it, got the agency to level 10, and getting to Akiyama was a huge relief. Then not 10 minutes later I'm forced to be Haruka again just to change back to Akiyama, then forced back to Haruka, then Akiyama and so forth.

It was just a fucking stupid decision that really broke the gameplay.
>>
>>321059064
But anon. He has to hear STUPID OLD FUCK at least once.
>>
>>321059104
I think they should've just put Haruka's shit as optional side-stuff that you could've accessed from the main menu or something and make Chapter 3 entirely playing as Akiyama and adjust the story as such.

The Haruka shit just felt out of place.
>>
>>321059292

They should've made her Chapter a sort of mini-chapter intermission, then let Akiyama have his own chapter.
>>
>>321049213
I hope Sega localizes Yakuza 0 on the PS3 despite running like shit.
>>
>>321059498
Isn't it only a PS4 game?
>>
>>321056808

Hardest I've laughed in a while.
>>
So is Shinada and Shino a canon couple?
>>
>>321059538
It's on both.
>>
>>321059674
Meant Shion.
>>
>>321059674
No, Shinada and Milky is.

She lets him go balls deep in her bareback after all.
>>
FUCK this billiard AI.
>yo hol up let me just bag ALL the fucking balls in 8 ball in one turn
>YO HOL UP LET ME JUST SCORE 61 ON THE FIRST TURN :^))))))

>>321059498
They won't.
>>
>>321059538
Sega released Y0 on both PS3 and PS4 in Japan but Sega decided to exclude the PS3 audience by localizing it for PS4 only.

The sales figure for the PS3 was larger in Japan but Sega thought it's a good idea to only localize it for the PS4.
>>
File: fast.jpg (327 KB, 897x1200) Image search: [Google]
fast.jpg
327 KB, 897x1200
Why do so many people in the RGG series remain butthurt for decades? For instance the entire jingweo mafia in 2 being asshurt for over 28 years + Terada, or the faggots in 4, like sugiuchi

Feels like there's a lotta people who just can't let go, and i can't imagine somebody like that existing in real life, excepting that crazy WW2 jap who hid out alone on a island for 30 years after the war.
>>
>>321060141
Well it is a good idea. Nobody buys games for the PS3 unless it's yearly sports rehashes. I bet Yakuza 5 didn't even break 50k units sold, and I'm probably being generous.
>>
>>321060141
>The sales figure for the PS3 was larger in Japan but Sega thought it's a good idea to only localize it for the PS4.
That's because Japs still keep holding on to PS3 until the life span ends (Nov 2016). PS4 hasn't sold nearly as much in Japan as it has in the west so far and the PS3 version works like shit. Even if they had localised the PS3 version it would've been digital only at best.
>>
>>321060141
>but Sega thought it's a good idea to only localize it for the PS4.
Well they're actually right. There are people who didn't buy Yakuza 5 here because it's not PS4.
>>
>>321052576

ii kanji! YOSHI!
>>
>>321060151
Hey now Japs can hold some serious grudges in real life too.

After all Yauzka is pretty much Japan sim: The game.
>>
>>321060151
Grudges are serious shit in Asia
>>
File: FUUUCK RYOUU.webm (905 KB, 640x512) Image search: [Google]
FUUUCK RYOUU.webm
905 KB, 640x512
>>321057942
It's a game from Yakuza 2
>>
What's the answer to the homeless question by Kiyotaka?
>>
>>321060814

>>
What the fuck is wrong with Japs always picking fights?
>>
>>321060269
>Nobody buys games for the PS3 unless it's yearly sports rehashes.
Well Yakuza 5 was out recently wasn't it? Its not just about the sales, the reason we got it here is because Sony did it for the fans and backed up the localization.
>>321060376
>There are people who didn't buy Yakuza 5 here because it's not PS4.
Are you referring to people new to this franchise. Old fans who have been waiting for the release of 5 would have kept his PS3 or played the Japanese release and moved on to the PS4.
>>
>>321061130
>Are you referring to people new to this franchise.
Yes.

Sega clearly isn't that satisfied with just the niche old fans of the series in the West considering how reluctant they've been to localize.
>>
Oh fuck, Ms Park was Majima's ex-wife! I figured it'd be a yakuza, but I never thought about him for some reason.

This linked up to the main story nicely.
>>
>>321061262
Exactly. You'd never think he was that kind of guy
>>
>>321061130
Maybe i should have phrased it differently. Yes nobody buys games for PS3 and Sega will most probably not make huge numbers by bringing it to PS3 but lets not forget that there is still an existing fanbase. Sega should have announced Y0 on both consoles during PSX so that fans would have a reason to keep their PS3 after finishing Y5. By excluding the PS3 fanbase is like cutting away the profits they would have made if they localized it even if it means going digital like with Y5.
>>
File: 149303840442.jpg (32 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
149303840442.jpg
32 KB, 640x480
>You have obtained a trophy
>'Thanks from the staff'
>>
>>321061226
Sure that's a good idea considering PS4 is doing pretty well in the west and its probably going to be effective welcoming newer fans into the franchise but it is not going to cost Sega an arm and a leg to make it available digitally on both consoles.
>>
File: Кейдж.gif (463 KB, 403x219) Image search: [Google]
Кейдж.gif
463 KB, 403x219
>>321062185
mfw
>>
Yakuza 0 shows Majima protecting a woman he's meant to kill cause he fell for her, right?

...is it Park?
>>
>>321063017
No.
>>
>>321063061
Dang. Too bad. SO Majima had two women he fell for.
>>
Where the hell is the last Saejima substory? Even Jimbo's guide lists only 14.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/yimbocarimbo/RGG/Games/RGG5/Substories/index.htm
>>
As someone who have finished 1,2,4 and Dead souls and about to start 3. What does 3 add in terms of content that is not found in the series?

>2 vastly improved the combat and everything else and 4 features 4 playable characters.
inb4 Okinawa
>>
>>321063337
Did you do 2 substories when you were in Kamurocho before going to jail? If not, then you can do the 2nd one at the last part when you get to Kamurocho.
>>
>>321063472
Yes. I've done all 14 listed on Jimbo's guide but there's still one missing. Does the Amon substory count as one for everyone despite being Kiryu's substory?
>>
>>321063394
From 2-3 it's just Red Heat and that's about it.
Boring ass game.
>>
>>321063017
>you will never be bff's with Majima
>>
>>321063394
Revelations.
Chases.
Red heat.
>>
>>321063607
Majima has alot of people he cares for. Kiryu, Saejima, Park, this new girl in 0...

He's a big lovey dovey.
>>
>>321063517
No. It counts as Kiryu's substory. I could check it in my game if you want. I've done all the substories.
>>
File: 1446729498429.gif (9 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1446729498429.gif
9 KB, 200x200
>>321063723
D-do you think he'd be friend with m-me?
>>
>>321063898
That depends, anon.

Do you have a dream?
>>
>>321063517

hostesses, tatsuya and the photo guy don't count as substories

it would be helpful if you posted your list
>>
File: 84751104.jpg (324 KB, 1242x1175) Image search: [Google]
84751104.jpg
324 KB, 1242x1175
>>321064134
ye-yes...
>>
>>321064213
Be a good kyoudai, anon.
>>
>>321063517
http://kouryakutsushin.com/ryu5-wiki/%E5%86%B4%E5%B3%B6%E3%81%AE%E3%82%B5%E3%83%96%E3%82%B9%E3%83%88%E3%83%BC%E3%83%AA%E3%83%BC

Use google translate
>>
Sort of off-topic, but I purchased the memoir Tokyo-Vice about the American Reporter running with the cops on Tokyo who gets involved with drugs and the Yakuza.

It's very good and I recommend it.
>>
>>321064185
Come on man, I've already told you the list: all the 14 listed on Jimbo's list on http://homepage.ntlworld.com/yimbocarimbo/RGG/Games/RGG5/Substories/index.htm
>>
>>321064494

fine let me boot up my game real quick and I'll post my list
>>
>>321061262
>mfw that reveal
>>
>>321064564
Nevermind anon, it's actually just Jimbo's list that's borked. I have all 15 now.
>>
Pleasantly surprised with how much I like Shinada. I owed a shitton of people money in my hayday and tried to ignore them all too.

>that giddy sound when he's thinking about hot massage action
>>
>>321049213
He was very bro. I expected him to betray Shinada or something be was just a fan.
>>
>>321064774
>he refuses to use a bat as a weapon
nice detail
>>
>>321064494
>>321064564

Truth and Lies
Snow Festival Performer
Pursuer and Pursued
A Familiar Dojo
A Special Place
The Santa Hunters
Snow Festival Map
Dreams of the Big City
Gourmet Traveler
The Ultimate in Warmth
Set Free
The Little Match Girl
The Frozen City
Slip and Slide
Winter Combat
>>
>>321064847
What exactly does he say when he refuses to use the bat?
>>
>>321064894
Ah, it's winter combat I'm missing. Thanks anon.

I really hate how hectic trying to get everything done is because you can't create clear save from PA.
>>
>>321064995
nay clue
I'd imagine some kind of distaste like "Nah, netter not."
>>
a world without jews
>>
The Sodachi photo always makes me mess up Bakamitai, damn it.
>>
What are the odds of Yakuza 2 being remade like the original one is currently being?
>>
>>321065824
100%
a western release is the only thing in question.
>>
>>321060682
>grabbing all the Panzer Dragoon boxes with 1 coin in Y5

The crane game this time is absurdly easy compared to the previous games.
>>
>>321065891
Made it to the Finale part of 5. Unless things suddenly goes into awesome overdrive this will have easily been the least interesting/fun Yakuza game I've played.
>>
>>321066148
even less interesting/fun then 3?
>>
File: 1450007591335.png (361 KB, 473x675) Image search: [Google]
1450007591335.png
361 KB, 473x675
>>321066148
It has the most content and is regarded as one of the best games in the series (alongside Y2). Why is it the worst game?
>>
OK so just about to do the snow festival thing as sajima. I remember seeing that you can't finish certain side quest stuff afterwards what exactly do I potentially miss.
>>
>>321057849
It's Show Aikawa
>>
Anyone know where I can find a stun gun? I need one to produce the hyper stun gun at Kamiya Works.
>>
>>321066990
>Show Aikawa

Ah, yes. Sun Scarred was a fantastic movie.
>>
>>321067514

random encounters regularly spawn guys with stun guns

if I recall correctly the Yakuza groups tend to spawn with weapons a lot more than thugs, hosts, etc

just gotta get lucky and keep fighting, I guess
>>
File: 1450374070323.png (381 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1450374070323.png
381 KB, 640x480
>Search for Yakuza thread every day
>They're always there now
>>
>>321065895
Is there any use to grabbing those figures? Do any of the hostesses like them?
>>
>>321066238
3 had a lot of interesting things. Secret twin brother was dumb, but that doesn't mean it wasn't also interesting. Doing the orphanage stuff, Kiryu taking local goons under his wing, engrish guy. All good by me unlike 5's nothing happens: the game up to this point.

3 also didn't take 50+ hours to get to its finale in a 1st time not-aiming for 100% run. In fact my later 100% run took just shy of 50 hours. Oh, for the days when you could clear these games stories in 15-20 hours your first time. The games are fun but when they're taking longer to clear than nearly every jrpg I've played, the fun wears thin.

>>321066302
More content ≠ more fun. Besides, unless I've missed something the only new mini-games are taxi, hunting, snowball fights, and air hockey. VF2/Taiko simply took the place of previous arcade games. Club management is gone. Number of hostesses are way down. At a glance, Kamuro seems to be missing some of its previous additions like the rooftops/sewers. Heck, for better or worse they even stripped out weapon modding.

Dunno if it is the worst yet, lemme finish the game and see how things go first.
>>
File: steamdanshi.png (193 KB, 582x582) Image search: [Google]
steamdanshi.png
193 KB, 582x582
>S rank all the hostesses to unlock last hostess
>Get her to A rank
>Now if you want to beat her mission you have to have 5 million yen!
>>
>>321068212
Completion.
>>
>>321068336
>If you don't want me to get fucked by some random dude bring 5 million yen!

Yeah, nah. Have fun.
>>
>>321068242
The orphanage stuff in 3 was infinitely more boring than anything in 5. I'd much rather drive a taxi around or go hunting than babysit some stupid kids.
>>
Does Yakuza 0 only take place in Kamurocho?

How good is it compared to the other games? Does anybody know?
>>
File: haha it came back.jpg (105 KB, 575x844) Image search: [Google]
haha it came back.jpg
105 KB, 575x844
>>321052723
I just tiger dropped that fuck.

What an OP move, only died cause of the last QTE
>>
File: sdsfsfds.png (422 KB, 665x662) Image search: [Google]
sdsfsfds.png
422 KB, 665x662
>Hey, hit ten homeruns from this American baseball guy
Ok what could go wrong?
>mfw

WHO THOUGHT THIS STUPID SHIT WAS OK TO PUT IN THE GAME
>>
I think the music in 5 might be the best yet. Haven't heard one bad song yet.
>>
>>321068242
You forgot dancing, talk shows/handshake events, comedy skits, noodle making, chicken racing. Also, arcades only had 3 games in Y4 and there are 5 arcade games in Y5. So they didn't just replace them.

>Club management is gone.
Good. It was shit anyway, no one even liked it.

>Number of hostesses are way down.
Can't argue with that, but I wasn't that bothered with it. I only romanced 2 girls out of 5.

>rooftops/sewers
They added almost nothing to the game. At least in 5 you get additional 4 cities than small areas where there is nothing to do except for collecting keys.

>weapon modding
Can't say anything about it since I don't even use Kamiyama's workshop.

I dunno why you disliked it. I had more fun driving a taxi than some other real games.
>>
File: 03.jpg (47 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
03.jpg
47 KB, 500x281
Why is Haruka so based?
>>
>>321069501
Because she wants to become Kiryu's wife.
>>
>>321068242
> Number of hostesses are way down.
They are more fleshed out, though, with voice acting and nice facial animations even.

More doesn't mean good here. I'd better have 1 well-done hostess than two shitty ones.

>VF2/Taiko simply took the place of previous arcade games.
The hell are you talking about, they are still there!

>rooftops/sewers
I sure like going on rooftops where I have almost nothing to do, exept thowe 5 keys!
That garden on Volcano was nice, I guess, but game did nothing with rooftops.
Sewers were better, but they also have almost nothing to do and moving through them is pain.
>>
Anybody know what happened to Salty Yen? He did a few Ishin videos and stopped 2 months ago. No uploads since October either. I wish someone translated the cutscenes already. KHHsubs guide is good, but it still only summarizes the plot.
>>
So, I should'n open lockers with Haruka but can I pickup locker keys?
>>
>>321070343
DON'T
EVEN
TOUCH
KEYS
>>
>>321069539
stop that
>>
So I'm letting the download and install take all day.

What do I need to know to not miss anything? I want to get as close to 100% as possible in one playthrough. Is there a particular guide on gamefags or somewhere else to keep on hand?
>>
>>321070490
How do you get keys from her chapter? Other characters can access her office?
>>
>>321070490

keys are shared between characters

I remember picking up a bunch of shit as haruka and having Akiyama open the lockers
>>
File: 1447906932593.png (148 KB, 500x720) Image search: [Google]
1447906932593.png
148 KB, 500x720
>>321070501
Are you hyped for Yakuza 6 to play as Kiryu's and Haruka's son?
>>
>>321070708
Guides say otherwise, so I don't even know anymore. Better safe, then sorry.
>>
>>321070720
You mean Kiryu's and Riku's
>>
>>321070621
Help the little girl sell her matches.
>>
>>321070720

> Haruka's son

stop this

haruka is pure
>>
>>321068734
kamurocho and soutenbori
>>
>>321070708
Nah but you can open them in adventure mode anyway

Locker shit isn't even necessary anyway
>>
DOMO

HARUHARU DESU
>>
I just want Kiryu to get grumpier and cynical as fuck in 6. I wish his substories would reflect that.
>>
Saejima's part plot is so fucking retarded and stupid. Fucking Baba-chan is a traitor and just killed good man but Taiga doesn't give a fuck. He keep being retarded with MUH KYODAI and I DON'T CARE. Holy shit that was stupid.
>>
File: 1447906856036.jpg (34 KB, 326x398) Image search: [Google]
1447906856036.jpg
34 KB, 326x398
>>321070952
She's pure to everyone except Kiryu when they fuck like rabbits at night while other kids at the orphanage are asleep.
>>
>>321071173
That's exactly my fantasy about Haruka.
>>
>>321071173

kiryu's not a pedo and is not into incest
>>
>>321071065
>substory involving a kid and his mother again
>only one option

>Tell them to deal with it themselves
>>
File: 1438914879756.jpg (7 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1438914879756.jpg
7 KB, 200x200
>>321071173
TOO LEWD
>>
>>321049213
Ride a bear in to battle.
>>
>>321071035
Maybe I'm just retarded but that part feels so fucking borked because of it being subbed. I don't even have enough time to read all the shit. I tried like 4 times untill I had the whole pattern down and then got it right.
>>
File: 1485246131152.png (367 KB, 431x512) Image search: [Google]
1485246131152.png
367 KB, 431x512
>>321071310
Haruka will be at least 20 years old when Y6 releases. Besides she already said she only loves Kiryu and no one else. Kiryu also pushes all the women away and only stays with Haruka.
>>
>>321071442
Nothing wrong with having to do it 4 times. It adds a little difficulty to an overall easy as fuck game.
>>
>>321070720
At best they son would be 3 years old since it takes place in 2016, anon.
>>
>>321071310
>incest

They're not even blood related.
>>
>>321071481
>20 year old Haruka rendered in glorious 60fps

muh heart
>>
Do you guys recommend jumping straight to an EX Hard run after finishing the game once or is any boss going to give me a lot of trouble?
>>
>>321071572
Yeah, I guess I messed that up. You're probably gonna play as their son in Y8-10.
>>
>>321071601

> adopt daughter
> fuck her
> "it's ok they're note ven blood related xD"

no, fuck you

>>321071481

Haruka will die pure and virginal and there's nothing you can do to stop that.
>>
File: sakurasays.jpg (47 KB, 485x479) Image search: [Google]
sakurasays.jpg
47 KB, 485x479
>>321071629
>Kiryu has secretely been sapping Haruka's life energy this whole time to stay young
>Haruka now looks like she's 60 years old
>>
>>321071748
She already admitted to be okay with fucking an older man given the right circumstances.
>>
File: 1326768891375.jpg (318 KB, 740x772) Image search: [Google]
1326768891375.jpg
318 KB, 740x772
>Saejima's cellmate was a cuck
>he's like 60 years old
>you are now imagining granny porn
>>
File: 1450441557680.jpg (85 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
1450441557680.jpg
85 KB, 550x550
>>321071748
I don't need to stop it because she already lost her virginity to Kiryu. How else do you think he stays so young? She also admitted she'd bang an old man if she loved him.

>adopt daughter

Did he? I don't remember that he officially adopted her, he just cares for her and that's it. Just deal with the fact that they're lovers.
>>
>>321071854

well I said some otaku's pig girlfriend was prettier than haruka and didn't fucking mean it, I just wanted to get to complete that shit
>>
File: tPw6Ohs.jpg (41 KB, 453x464) Image search: [Google]
tPw6Ohs.jpg
41 KB, 453x464
>>321071481
>Haruka will end up being a hostess

I could actually see this happening because of the way they glorify hostesses in Yakuza.
>>
>>321071968
>Implying Kiryu would allow that

He'd keep Haruka to himself.
>>
File: 1425406425152.png (296 KB, 640x613) Image search: [Google]
1425406425152.png
296 KB, 640x613
you fuckers trying to soil haruka just because of image related need to get a life
>>
Is this what Yakuza threads are going to be from now on?

Well... it was fun while it lasted.
>>
>>321072101
Get out normie.
>>
>>321072139
>Not knowing the "Kiryu buttfucks Haruka" meme
>>
File: Ûkyo Tatsuya.png (145 KB, 322x280) Image search: [Google]
Ûkyo Tatsuya.png
145 KB, 322x280
>This many replies
>Not one mentioning the most savage of all RGG characters

Truly disappointed with your tastes :^)
>>
>>321072139
Everybody's secretely thinking about it. Don't try to act like you're above it all.
>>
>>321072339
Ah, yes, that widely available videogame that definitely got translated into English. We all know about that one.
>>
>>321071935
>I don't remember that he officially adopted her

If it's not official then what he's doing is called kidnapping.
>>
>>321071138
He is alive anyway.
>>
>>321072339
I'll play it when it gets translated.
>>
>>321072470
>>321072524
>Not knowing your moonrunes

baka desu
>>
>>321071138
>killed
He didn't die from that shot.
>>
Nobody dies from getting shot in these games.
>>
>>321072139
It's what they've been like for months. Y5 Haruka attracted idolfags.
>>
>>321071138
His story section really is fucking awful. Easily the worst in 5, and probably the whole series really. I really hope he doesn't come back for 6.
>>
File: 41P0YY0.gif (663 KB, 180x213) Image search: [Google]
41P0YY0.gif
663 KB, 180x213
oooooooooooooooooooooooooh~
LOUGE OF LOOOOVE
>>
>>321072713
>Y5

People have been talking about her that way since Y3/Y4. This is nothing new.
>>
>>321072712
You don't say. Even if they get shot in the face there's still a chance they survive.
>>
>>321072713
actually nothing new, and ill take them over the obnoxious haruka hating shitposters any fucking day
>>
I really hope we get to see more of Watase in the future. He is the shit.

At first he seems like some scrub that you'll fight in an early bossfight, but then ends up being your best bro.
>>
File: 1430713299946.png (345 KB, 439x500) Image search: [Google]
1430713299946.png
345 KB, 439x500
>>321071572
>They really do have a son
>Haruka names him Kazama
>>
>>321073271
>kneels before a moneylender just because he defeated some low level punks

Nah, he was okay until that happened.
>>
Can Saejima get a battery from anywhere?
>>
The last 10 years of Kiryu's life have been dedicated to rearing Haruka into the ideal pussy that only the Dragon of Dojima could deserve. He has maintained celibacy since the first game in anticipation of his project's completion
>>
File: 0650 - Dk7M23N.jpg (63 KB, 650x559) Image search: [Google]
0650 - Dk7M23N.jpg
63 KB, 650x559
My dream?
That Everquest Next comes out and it's everything I want in an MMO and more
>>
File: kaijinogood.jpg (45 KB, 380x239) Image search: [Google]
kaijinogood.jpg
45 KB, 380x239
>>321073374
Fuck you, faggot. You're probably on Katsuya's side. If I ever see you in the streets of Osaka I'll kick your ass and toss you in the river.
>>
>>321073478
Except that he bones a hostess in every game.
>>
File: 1450806116534.jpg (34 KB, 710x720) Image search: [Google]
1450806116534.jpg
34 KB, 710x720
>>321073478
I could see this happening.
>>
>>321073683
No, you make him bone hostesses in every game.
>>
>Fucking horrible PrintCircle picture of Saejima with the text "Who benefits from this?"

Lost my shit like I never lost it before.
>>
>>321074017
Just like you make Haruka say she fucks old men.
>>
>>321074375
>Implying Kiryu is old
>>
>>321074618
You're just saying that because you're 46 yourself.
>>
>>321074704
>46-20 yo

FTFY

Why can't you just accept that Haruka and Kiryu love each other?

Also, I wouldn't say 46 is old. 60-70 is when I would call the person old.
>>
>>321074375
Only if she loves him, senpai.
>>
man, shimada's story moved along at a very quick pace compared to the slog everyone else went through.
>>
This is why Kiryu's so pissed off all the time, the official canon dictates that he must be extremely sexually frustrated
>>
>>321073478
He most definitely boned Kaoru.
>>
>>321059232
YOU...
>>
>>321069425
>You forgot dancing, talk shows/handshake events, comedy skits, noodle making, chicken racing.
eh those are just things that are already in the games just under a different name. for example the difference between karaoke and singing/dance battles? nil. still just timed button pressing to music. its karaoke outside the karaoke shop
>>
>>321074941
He got cucked out of his only true love by some ugly politician. He's pissed for life.
>>
>>321075064
If he'd hooked up with her the writers would have to stretch for excuses for him to still visit hostess bars.
>>
>>321076942
Why? Kaoru was written off from the series and she's not been mentioned anywhere but in Dead Souls. It's not like them banging would require both of them to stick around anyway.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 70

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.