[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are we in the dark ages of MMO's? Since WoW's death,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46
Are we in the dark ages of MMO's?

Since WoW's death, nothing has been able to truly recapture it's audience. It's been scattered amongst mediocre MMO's for years.

What MMO are you excited about? Is there even anything good being worked on?
>>
I'm nostalgia-ing with Runescape at the moment

Fuck other MMOs seriously
>>
Not really.
People just tend to think that because WoW had 7 million players that every MMO is supposed to have that many. Just having around 10,000 players is enough.

Korea still makes MMOs but they're grindy as fuck. Western devs just focus on the mobile market if they want easy P2W money.

I doubt we'll ever see a high budget MMO again after TORtanic and Blunder Scrolls.
>>
Embrace the grind, play lineage 2
>>
definitely fucked in MMORPG land, but "MMO" has taken a new form. the traditional MMORPG definition of a persistent world has given way to MMO, a game with a massive online community and shared presence, but nothing to do with being a persistent world; LoL, CSGO, HS, that kind of thing

i think one problem is the MMORPG has 3 gameplay models, and they all got problems. we have the EQ model which was done in games like FFXI and classic WoW - we're told today that people are too casual and not willing to work together on long term goals whilst competing against other groups to claim those goals, so they don't get made. the WoW model, which is a streamlined babbified EQ model, where the competition for world content and hardcore grouping gives way to streamlined "queue for instance and plug in your predefined rotation", most recently aped by FF14ARR and of course a million other failures. then you have the sandboxy or rvr type ones which you might say is the ultima model, these are all early access trash which use "make your own fun!" as an excuse not to make any content or design any real mechanics or ever finish the game. games which were actually good and allowed player control, such as AO, are pretty ancient now. the sandboxy element is probably the latest resurfacing buzzword that current MMOs are being built on, like EQNext. unfortunately for me i have no interest in that aspect really, because it usually ends up as the aforementioned excuse of a non-game, where you are supposed to stay entertained for months and months by the idea that you can build a hut in some woods, which will be corrupted and gone when you next log in. if you don't just get griefed over and over by PKing.
>>
>>321047560

MOBA's killed MMO's
No one play that shit anymore, no publisher will ever do a big project anymore

All the upcoming mmos are indies, if this don't send you a message of abandonment I don't know what else does
>>
>Since WoW's death, nothing has been able to truly recapture it's audience.

Because WoW's players weren't the normal MMORPG players. WoW was a gaming anomaly.
>>
>>321047560
>Are we in the dark ages of MMO's?

Sadly yes, everyone is just playing emulators of old MMOs now.
>>
>>321047560
Before WoW, MMORPGs got by with 10s, sometimes 100s of thousands of players. They didn't need millions of subs to produce good experiences.
>>
File: 1146878855id5628gol.jpg (49 KB, 640x320) Image search: [Google]
1146878855id5628gol.jpg
49 KB, 640x320
anyone playing this? is it good?
>>
>>321047560

A dark age would imply there's no mainstream or authority so we have no idea what's going on in the MMO genre.
If you mean it's sad there hasn't been a major MMO that's good in a while, what fucking industry do you think we're talking about? Because that's every genre mate, even what's popular.

What WoW had was not gameplay or anything, it was an integrated IRC and a massive chore list to keep people playing longer than any other game. Now that's piss easy to do everyone has saturated the market with it and there's nobody with a soul left to play them.

Behold Star Citizen then now being overfunded and past the halfway point in development, a game that aims to let you basically live in a game setting instead of just play some objectives over and over.
>>
>>321050160
This.

Before WoW, the most popular MMOs had a few hundred thousand concurrent subscribers at once. It was a niche genre. Now, thanks to WoW, everyone expects their MMO to get millions.
>>
>>321047560
MOBAs are the new hot shot
>better mechanics
>better skill cap
>better characters
>not tied down to a character
>surprisingly better writing
>>
>>321050491
And they also expect superb graphics and balanced PvP, the latter I can do without in any MMO since most modern MMOs have failed to ever 'balance' anything. Personally, don't like MOBAs, but I'm glad they're around and that most who liked PvP in MMORPGs have moved onto them instead.

Problem now is wiping the problems WoW and other modern MMOs have created and building up more sandbox/player generated content based MMOs, like SWG and UO.
>>
I play mmo on my mobile. Toram Online.
>>
MMOs have been in a dark age since the korean boom in the 00s when so many games were being released so often that you were guaranteed going to be in a minmaxed to death ghost town if you didn't start playing on the game's alpha/beta/release because everyone was hopping from game to game so quickly
>>
mmos a re kanker
>>
There isn't going to be just one big MMO like WoW was. There are numerous different ones that appeal to different players. Once WoW finally dies off, we'll see many competing MMOs, rather than a single dominating one.

Personally, I've been having fun with GW2. 2300+ hours over 3 years.
>>
i've been playing this weird MMO that died in beta in 2010 and was revived last month on Steam

it's pretty neat, it's like pokemon meets Titan Quest
>>
File: UO_LB_assassination.jpg (149 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
UO_LB_assassination.jpg
149 KB, 640x480
>>321047560

ultima online was the peak of mmos. I wish games would have followed its example
>>
>Western MMORPG
Yup, it's theme parked shit with a million dailies

>Asian MMORPG
Actual pvp, politics, immersive atmosphere and fun. But always pay2win
>>
>>321051572
>immersive atmosphere and fun
>asian MMORPGs

pick one
>>
File: 20120129_secret_hyosung_6.jpg (89 KB, 414x620) Image search: [Google]
20120129_secret_hyosung_6.jpg
89 KB, 414x620
>>321051572
>Asian MMMORPG

You forgot better fashion sense and emojis
>>
>>321051632
asian MMORPGs
>>
I play and genuinely enjoy SWTOR.
>>
>>321051729

How is the population nowadays?
>>
MMO's need ot be recalibrated

Instead of gigantic worlds and a focus on having features that would need thousands upon thousands of players on it in order to work (sandbox games im looking at fucking you) they should focus on a smaller group of individuals
>>
File: Ear_Nibbling.jpg (67 KB, 627x415) Image search: [Google]
Ear_Nibbling.jpg
67 KB, 627x415
I liked it when MMOs were long experiences with good content for everybody at every level. It wasn't a race to the top then spending 90% of your time in a queue for dungeons. It was a constant slow progression that had you excited for the next 5 or 10 level milestone so you could do exciting new quests in unique new areas, and all along there were things for everybody like hanging out at the market or doing meaningful harvesting/crafting

WoW is to blame but so is corporate greed and in general normals being the more numerous audience
>>
File: 1445829433778.jpg (924 KB, 1152x1144) Image search: [Google]
1445829433778.jpg
924 KB, 1152x1144
MMOs aren't dead, they're just back to where they always were. WoW was an anomaly that somehow took pop culture by the storm, but it was bound to die down eventually. Most people who played WoW weren't video game enthusiasts in the first place so it's not like they were a real target audience. Everyone with half a brain knew that after WoW they'd go away for good.
>>
>>321051794

Really good. It suffered heavily on launch, TORtanic was a real phenomenon, but Bioware have been using that EA-money to expand a lot of it, and it's actually pretty content-rich now.

It doesn't overflow, but during peak American times I've seen a few servers on high-pop, and the same of the Euros. The RP servers are the most used, and the RP community as a whole is pretty good.

Can't really speak for the other servers, but I've never lacked for people on Progenitor.
>>
>>321051860
Oh so like themepark MMOs? Steam is clogged with them

Try Neverwinter, I guess it's not so bad as far as theme-park MMOs go
>>
>>321050796
>New SWG or UO type game happens
>It's incredible
>pewdiepie makes video on it
>his rabid fanbase all stream it
>game goes to shit progressively over the next week
>>
>>321052025
A game like that did happen, but it was ruined by the playerbase, as they always do. And eventually ruined even more by the devs. I had some amazing fun with Tree of Life, though.
>>
File: ss__2015_12_13_at_08.12.00_.jpg (185 KB, 815x638) Image search: [Google]
ss__2015_12_13_at_08.12.00_.jpg
185 KB, 815x638
>>321051876
>ear biting
>>
ITT: Nobody knows about Shroud of the Avatar

Guys behind Ultima making not Ultima Online 3D. Stop whining.
>>
>>321051974
Its a decent population but no one does anything anymore on it. People on the fleet but no one interested in Ops type of issue.

At least compared to what it was last year the raiding scene is quite
>>
>>321052347
It's been in Early Access for a long time and doesn't seem to be making progress. I have been aware of it, but not ready to drop money for beta games, ever.
>>
>>321051496
Holy shit they resurrected it. Do you know if it has a server in eu? My ping to us is pretty terrible.
>>
>>321052528

Doesn't matter, WoW wasn't made in two years either, and the hours you'll get out of it should be quite a couple of months at the least.

Honestly the biggest problem with it is Star Citizen exists and will just eat up all of my spare time when it comes out roughly the same time. The only draws SoTA has is it's fantasy themed and more player controlled, complete with crafting.
>>
FFXIV ARR is still the best themepark MMO available right now and thriving thanks to its cross platform play with PC+PS4
>>
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 711x716) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 711x716
I played the North American blade and soul weekend and I'm pretty happy with it.

It's your generic Korean grindfest with action combat. Comes out next month and should be fun for a bit before I run out of things to do.
>>
>>321051860
No. Fuck you. Have your team based games, but don't fuck over sandboxes and all that they can do.
>>
>>321052835
who the fuck is this semen domen?
>>
>>321052025
how's SWGemu doing nowadays
>>
Looking forward to Tree of Savior, hope it won't be the pay 2 win infested shit that it turned into since the last beta update
>>
Who here hopes Chronicles of Elyria actually pulls off the shits it claims its trying to?
>>
There will never be a Western release of Dragon's Dogma Online. I'm done with MMOs.
>>
>>321047883
>People just tend to think that because WoW had 7 million players that every MMO is supposed to have that many. Just having around 10,000 players is enough.

This.

There are plenty of thriving MMOs out there right now and they don't need millions of subscribers to be deemed profitable. EVE has about 21000 concurrent players on average per day and that's still considered to be successful. FFXIV has an estimated 300k subscribers and that's doing fine as well. WoW may be losing subscribers too but they still have around 2+ million people who log in each day.
>>
I still think wow is fun. :(
>>
>>321053268

Im too cynical for these "promising" MMO's
Every single one that promised similar shit always fell flat on its face on release and people bailed out, this is a problem specially with sandbox games that tends to promise the world

If its succesfull it might be a neat idea, but the odds of success in this genre are too fucking slim
>>
Black Desert's CBT1 was probably the most fun I've had in an MMO. Too bad the MMO community is cancer and may well kill it, we'll see when CBT2 comes.
>>
has anyone played wildstar? i remember thinking it looked pretty fun
>>
>>321053593

Dead. Even F2P couldn't save it.
>>
>>321053593

From the moment I laid my eyes on it I knew it would flop hard
>>
>>321047883
neverwinter peaks at 2k on steam
mmos dont need to be more than instance based grindfest
>>
You know one mmo that would have thrived if it went F2P?

WAR

Seriously, fuck EA for not even attempting to convert its business model, they just straight out abandoned it till the license ran off
>>
>>321047560
Take off your rose tinted nostalgia goggles.

Every current MMO plays like WoW-lite, what we need is another MMO to not be fucking WoW and then maybe just maybe MMOs will stop being shit.
>>
>>321047560
MMOS are a dying breed but that doesn't mean that they are all completely dead. FFXIV is proof that the sub model still works.
>>
Mainstream mmos will forever be casual as fuck. The only hope of there ever being a good mmo is if an indie studio manages to make something good on a tiny budget that targets a niche audience, which isn't likely because they are typically expensive as fuck to make.
>>
>>321052659

it's one server but i get good ping from eastern europe
>>
>>321051496
Too bad the comments say it's pretty much dead as far as player amount is concerned.
>>
File: booby.png (167 KB, 540x545) Image search: [Google]
booby.png
167 KB, 540x545
>>321050380
>can buy and sell resources through microtransactions.
>>
File: vidcall.webm (3 MB, 718x404) Image search: [Google]
vidcall.webm
3 MB, 718x404
>>321047883
Warm memo that all of WoW's subscription numbers are a complete farce. Not only do the chinese subs count if they have logged in at all from their pay-per-minute time cards, there are 1.3B of them vs. the US' 318M.

With a .5% conversion rate, that's 6.5M from China and 1.59M from the US. That conversion rate is on the low end, and for such a popular game, up through 1-2% could happen with sustain.
>>
File: dreams.png (693 KB, 756x435) Image search: [Google]
dreams.png
693 KB, 756x435
>>321054254

Here's your indie MMO.
>>
Ehh i just play old MMOs.Nostalrius is pretty fun,mage is pretty boring to play but i find getting gear really fun.Im working towards bloodvine set and thats fun for me.I've been seeing old runescape around and i plan on checking it out eventually since i've never played it.I'm not even playing attention to new releases since im not really interested
>>
File: 1425451782756.jpg (656 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
1425451782756.jpg
656 KB, 2048x1536
I play Lord of the rings online, the PvE is good the PvP is shit. If you like Lord of the rings give it a trey.
>>
>>321052347
>he thinks Richard Garriott made a good game
>he doesn't realize that he created the first online persistent world and the player base created the game for him
>he thinks RG can make another go great MMO
wew
>>
we are in about as much of a dark age as the time when Everquest was dying
>>
>>321047560
mmo's are just a dead genre.

most people like instant gratification and the idea of say picking up a game like FF11 and leveling for 3 hours doesnt appeal.

Another thing is the complete removal of the social aspect of current mmo's which are basically singleplayer rpgs you pay for until you hit the max level and then you do some high lvl content that isnt too difficult.

its a genre now in league with rail shooters, rythmn games etc. Every now and then you might get a good game but the best years have passed
>>
Been playing TERA again now that i finally have gud internet. Korean grind as fuck, but them elin butts all day senpai.

Also darkscape was fun for a bit. Until i got high enough level that I kept getting ganked.
>>
>>321047560

Cuz they're fucking boring grindy treadmills.

The potential is there, but someone has to really capture it. Make an MMO that truly feels exciting.
>>
>>321057046
Last I checked,their whole freemium shit killed the game, and there's no way in fuck I'm paying all that cash for fucking expansions.
>>
File: it's shit.png (111 KB, 529x166) Image search: [Google]
it's shit.png
111 KB, 529x166
>>321052347
I wish I could get a refund on it.
>>
>>321050380

No. It's awful. It's like EVE but somehow even more boring.
>>
>>321054254
>playing an action MMO that isn't piss easy
>really fun and shows a lot of promise, korean version updated constantly with new content
>they never bring the new content over
>start another project
>it flops, company dies
>game on life support for 2 years and dies
>>
>>321056902
>Pony vs Pony
>This barely playable shit
I remember loving their games when I was young.
Then they started making tons of them, and making you pay for every interesting thing in the game.
>>
>>321047560
>Since WoW's death
Anon, that never happened. Sorry to break it to you.
>>
>>321050545
What will the next big thing be after MOBAs?
>>
>>321062959
Candy Crush Moba
>>
>>321062203
Worse is that he thinks it good.
>>
File: 1360376996289.jpg (101 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
1360376996289.jpg
101 KB, 1200x1600
>>321053319
>FFXIV has an estimated 300k subscribers and that's doing fine as well.
Not anymore.
5 months of waiting for the most embarassing content patch imaginable, followed by a grind so intense, transparent and for such negligible gain that even diehard SE cocksuckers are calling bullshit on the official forums.
>>
>>321047560
I think FFXIV is ok
>>
I just hop between new MMO releases. They're really fun on release because there's so many people. Then they die horribly and I quit. New WoW expansions are pretty fun still but after the subs start tanking again I bail out.
>>
What is even worth playing right now, maplestory reboot and runescape 2007?
>>
>>321047560
MMOs are gonna die because only the most worthless talentless developers who can't find a job at a real company goes to work for one of these.
>>
I have no idea why FFXIV is shilled so much on /v/. You have to buy a bot subscription with the game in order to not feel left out because SE gives absolutely zero fucks about the integrity of the game in NA. There are entire FC's dedicated to botting, people bot on their main accounts all night and day and have been doing so since release.

Gil farmers going into dungeons and exploiting mobs all day. They don't care.

The game is alright I guess but the complete disregard for bots, exploits, and RMT ruins it for me. I dont see how anyone could take the game seriously in its current state.
>>
>>321047560
Yes, WoW needs to completely shut down before before there can be any chance of a new boom. But for the festering corpse of WoW to shut down, the entire genre needs to die off completely. When it's gone, corporate mongoloids will not have a frame of reference to make demands, and thus fresh ideas will become reality.
>>
I just want something that isn't just about raiding as the only means to an end. I also am a big fan of professions, which a lot of theme park MMOs completely fuck up and make unfun or redundant.
>>
>>321062959
Fps with moba elements,
overwatch, paladin, one for xbox one, and about 2 others
>>
>>321052690
>FFXIV ARR is still the best themepark

Wow it's fucking nothing. Also the game sucks.
>>
>>321047560
>What MMO are you excited about? Is there even anything good being worked on?
Crowfall, Camelot Unchained, Lost Ark and Lineage Eternal. If all of these end up sucking, then MMO's will probably be dead for a long time.
>>
>>321053319
>FFXIV has an estimated 300k subscribers

>>321053824
>XIV is proof sub model still works

[citation needed]
>>
>>321065875
EVE Online, rs2007, some WoW private servers and EverQuest: Project 1999.

FFXIV:ARR for a standard subscription neo-MMO experience and Wildstar if you are more into freemiums.
>>
I tried to convince myself to love ArcheAge. It was almost everything I ever wanted in terms of open-world and sheer possibility between its naval combat and housing system and cute cat people, but with an unforgiving spike at max level and hardcore P2W just for the opportunity to grinding ANYTHING, I couldn't do it. I spent hundreds of hours and $50 I'll never get back, and the last 80 hours were the absolute worst I've ever had. All my friends gave up on the game hundreds of hours before, but I was stupid and committed.

I could've gotten more into it if I found an rp group in the community but I never really found any tolerable ones
>>
>>321047560
You can still technically play GW1, but once that goes offline, yes, there is not a single MMO worth playing.
>>
File: 1443186685435.jpg (61 KB, 523x512) Image search: [Google]
1443186685435.jpg
61 KB, 523x512
>>321047560

Fuck MMos and fuck WoW.

I can't wait for Warcraft 4 and WoW's eventual irrelevance.
>>
>>321068586
>Warcraft 4
Im sorry man, search your feelings, you know that will never happen...
>>
>>321069128
It will happen.
They are so sure about making a new Warcraft that they even said that they will retcon everything than happenned in WoW.
Story will pick up where Fozen Throne left it.
>>
>>321069128

It will, though. Diablo 3 has sold 30 million units so far, that's billions of dollars. Warcraft is an even bigger franchise, so the hype for the sequel to Warraft 3 would be at least as big.

Now that SC2 development is basically finished, and Heroes of the Storm is on cruise control, there's no way they won't take advantage of the hype behind WC4.

Maybe it won't be good, but it's definitely going to be made.
>>
>>321069334
It sold 30 million because the chinese don't know any better.
>>
>>321050545
worse graphics, bland worlds, no boss fights, no cosmetics to grind only buy, pvp only has 6 buttons, have to manage builds > actual skill... no thanks at least people that face roll in mmos had to work hard to be able to do it.
>>
>>321047560
There are games like Albion Online and Black Desert that are trying to push sandbox gameplay and hardcore world PVP instead of the typical PvE-focused themepark WoW bullshit. I don't know if any of these will actually be any good, but it shows that the genre is at least moving back in the right direction instead of still trying to pull in the people who unsubbed from WoW. I wouldn't be surprised if at least one game managed to get it right and give us an actual MMO experience again.
>>
>>321069728
They should just add open world bosses and events that aren't just zerg fests.
>>
I enjoy lotro

>Plenty of comfy areas
>Get your own house that's easy to decorate
>crafting is fun and encourages social interaction
>Classes are fun (my favorite is Captain because screaming at people is always fun)
>Can create your own music
>Moria is immersive as fuck

The only shit that's heaped at you is having to buy bagspace and halfway to the level cap you run out of quests and need to buy packs, either with cash or with points you earn by doing stuff. There's a nice guide on how to cheese it though.
>>
>>321070660
how populated is the game?
>>
>>321067927
I blame Trions lazy jewing. They let too many exploits and problems slip for months, and ah they did try to address problems, their fix was cash shop items.
>>
>>321070660
>comfy
>fun
>immersive

So many buzzwords in one post senpai baka
>>
>>321070782

Still pretty populated. There's not a ton of servers so everything is pretty condensed. Brandywine gets queues often
>>
>>321070964

Are you the word police senpai?
>>
File: 1450451680061.jpg (165 KB, 439x550) Image search: [Google]
1450451680061.jpg
165 KB, 439x550
I hate saying this because it's been said a million times before and I sound like a hipster faggot but the fact is the MMO genre is in the fucking toilet because in the early-mid 2000's broadband internet started becoming widely available and affordable. MMOs will never be good as good as they were again because the people that made the MMO's communities are completely different now.

An MMO can be an incredible game in its own right but if the community is dogshit then the game is dogshit.
>>
>>321071550
I somewhat disagree, since WoW currently can have a good community, but the game simply doesn't allow it, while vanilla basically forced you into not acting like a cunt, making the community more bearable
>>
MMOs suck

I hate multiplayer
>>
>>321071550
I actually enjoy a shit community.
When you have a BR hate parade trying to gank you at every turn things get interesting.
>>
File: 1446435966666.webm (3 MB, 608x1080) Image search: [Google]
1446435966666.webm
3 MB, 608x1080
>>321051669
>>
>>321069332
I really hope you're right.
>>
>>321071550
easy way to fix MMOs
>SA server : free
>RU server : free
>EU server : $1 per year
>NA server : $1 per year
>>
>>321067927

Archeage had probably the best 2 months of any MMO I've ever played, that is the first 2 months of launch. Never had more fun. As soon as the castle day patch hit, our guild was going to be the first ones to claim a castle (had all the materials) and as soon as we were a few feet away from the claim area, our GM (whom had all the materials) was hacked and force DC'd and had his account locked out presumably by an opposing guild. Trion did nothing about it despite we had conclusive proof for it.

This + the cash shop ruined the game for me. It was a damn good two months though. The game had pretty much everything I could've ever wanted.
>>
>>321071550

Have you tried being part of the new community? Unless you're talking about WoW then that's kinda on you for picking a horrible guild
>>
I still play Mabinogi and Vindictus.

WAKEMEUP
>>
>>321066245
Depends on your server retard. Balmung, Gilgamesh, Chocobo, etc have zero RMT spam and blatant botters get banned ASAP.
>>
>>321072427
Oh wow, its just like the official forums.

If anything negative gets said about the game, the fanboys plop SE's cock out of their ass long enough to come and proclaim that they are falsehoods and that the game is perfect in every way. What makes you faggots so desperate I wonder?

Anyway, you just named the only servers with anyone playing on them so obviously thats where I went. I played on Gilga and at any given time you could go to Ul'dah and see dozens of Black Mages in AF gear with names like "klahfsdouighe hsdfiosdjfw" spamming dungeons. Or if you wanted to see bots just head to Northern Thanalan or any fate grinding spot to see people botting jobs on their main accounts. I forgot the name but on Gilga there is a high end FC that bots all the time during AM hours.

All of this isn't a problem on JP servers so SE doesn't give a shit. NA servers are a fucking circus and youre a delusional fuckwit for saying otherwise. Back to /ffxivg/ you go faggot.
>>
>>321051876
WoW ruined so much
>>
File: 1431690217424.gif (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1431690217424.gif
2 MB, 640x360
>>321047560
>Wow's death
>5.5 million players is dead

Kek'd irl
>>
>>321073339
I'm not even a fanboy, I'm just telling you how it is. Of course if you play on some dead NA server then you'll find botters and RMT everywhere. It's the same deal with any popular MMO.

Most likely the people in that FC got banned already, botters who have been following the FATE train in N Than are easy to spot and they get removed once you report them once.
>>
>>321074282
*5 million chineses
>>
>>321072427
Nigga, in Gilgamesh, people from the big FCs like Elysium have been bragging about using bots for the past few months.
>>
I'm thinking into puting my ideas of what an mmo should be to test. How much does a server cost?
>>
>>321072263
People like this just don't understand. It's something that can't be easily explained in words. If you didn't experience it you'll never understand. It's not just a simple matter of a community being meaner and more stupid. Everything is different. The age of the players, the state of the internet consisting of different type of people, old less connected methods of communication forcing people to interact in different ways as well as have different attitudes about human interaction, the lack of such a wide variety of media giving more people the inclination to focus wholly on their communities, not having a sea of bad games that distract from the good ones and segment people, people's social status or likes not being so ingrained into their identity on the internet like it is today and thus people actually cared to learn about others they met since their identity wasn't so copy pasted from a typical person's Facebook profile.

I don't know where to stop. Everything was different. Even if we made a community of the same old players it wouldn't be the same because the world is different and most of us probably hate people in general because of how things changed
>>
>>321047774
>>321047560
is darkscape good? Can I sell lobbys? is the community warm and fun?
>>
>not playing an actual competitive game like dota2

we have the most balanced game the most skillful , the biggest prizepools and the most players
>>
>>321048505
>CSGO
>MMO

Anyone who actually thinks that needs to have their computers confiscated.

>EQNext
Never ever. I paid for landmark like an idiot and it's been abandoned completely.
>>
>>321075585
>>126187449
ou posted on two threads you fucking retard

>>126187621
>>
>>321075585
You posted this in three different threads, on /v and /vg. You're a pathetic shill who's parents don't love and your online friends would betray you in a moment's notice.
>>
>>321075687
the other two are from /wowg/
>>
>>321074982
is that why 95% of Elysium AFKs in Limsa?
>>
>>321051876
>all these awesome things

Tell me what MMO's had this because I've yet to find one
>>
>>321056837
the fuck mod is that
>>
File: 1444154704470.jpg (35 KB, 317x265) Image search: [Google]
1444154704470.jpg
35 KB, 317x265
>>321076636
Maplestory was exactly that except the crafting.

Ragnarok Online
Run Escape
>>
>>321074558
at least 2m of that is fucking latin america shitting up US realms
>>
>>321069332
>They are so sure about making a new Warcraft that they even said that they will retcon everything than happenned in WoW.
>Story will pick up where Fozen Throne left it.

Source: your ass
>>
File: 523523525t3.jpg (87 KB, 358x791) Image search: [Google]
523523525t3.jpg
87 KB, 358x791
>>321069332
>that they will retcon everything than happenned in WoW.

why would blizzard shit on their biggest demographic?
>>
>>321072239
Have fun being able to keep your servers up for no longer than a few months
>>
>>321077117
>Maplestory
I know it's stupid but I need an MMO to be 3D for me to get into it.
>>
File: wat.png (1 MB, 1024x640) Image search: [Google]
wat.png
1 MB, 1024x640
>>321066245

>not botting and RMTing
but those are the most enjoyable things to do on ffxiv, especially when you're the one making the hacks
>>
>>321077117
>level 33 fighter
>end up in sleepywood
>ask some higher level players in town what is in the dungeon but they just tell me it's too dangerous for me and I will die and lose experience
>gather an expedition of other lower level players who want to explore
>make it past ant hill section and get to the lost tunnel with no light
>by now only 2 of us alive
>suddenly music changes
>spooky as fuck
>drakes freak me out
>dark blue icy theme
>By the time we get to the sanctuary entrance I'm the only one alive
>make it past the cold eye section
>see some movement down below
>after 2 minutes of being a pussy jump down
>OH SHIT MINTOAURS WITH SPEARS
>bump into one with PG on
>fucking lightning bolts kill me as I try to climb to safety
>tell myself I'll be back someday

>come back months later as a level 41 assassin and party with other level 40 sins and mages to hunt tautomacis for fun
>shit was a blast

Love games with interesting areas. Good stories to be told about almost every area released before 2011
>>
File: 593.png (54 KB, 200x322) Image search: [Google]
593.png
54 KB, 200x322
>>321047560
Old School Runescape is still...kinda fun....

right?
>>
>>321077990
Either way all three of those are dead so it doesn't matter anymore. There is no good game like that anymore that I know of either
>>
>>321078317
whats the point of cheating in an mmo? Nobody will be impressed and you can't even make people mad in pvp
>>
>>321074384

lol, people don't bot as much on the dead servers because there's no one buying the gil

botting on popular raiding servers is the best money since you have (well, had since crafter gear got shit on) a high volume of trades due to people buying gil for gear, glamour, etc
>>
>>321078536
Fast progression to avoid grind and get to the next job advancement with cool new shit. Finding loot for free automatically.

Though this doesn't really apply to modern theme park MMOs
>>
File: rip.gif (426 KB, 500x255) Image search: [Google]
rip.gif
426 KB, 500x255
>>321075375
>mfw this guy is right
>>
>>321078536

I get to the endgame content faster because all the fun activities are there, thus increasing the amount of fun I have relative to the time I spend playing. Also, if there's craftable shit at max level I can make a bit of extra money RMTing.
>>
MMOs are shite anyway. I had high hopes for them coming from playing MUDs and the like, but I was sorely disappointed. In the MUDs I played, there was enough content to keep me invested in my character and always one or two people at least in each area willing to coop for a bit and power through the grind. My experience with MMOs at lower levels was ghost town or people busy chatting rather than playing. Nobody was cooperative and generally I might as well have played a single player game.

Your game isn't different, so don't try to convince me otherwise. I've played plenty of them and then told I have to wait until higher levels for it to get "fun" when I ask "is it fun yet? ". It never gets fun, just tedious and unimmersive. I might have tried EVE if I had the time for it, but I'm not at the age where I can sink that kind of time investment into the game only to find that I hate it.
>>
Blade and Soul is ridiculously fun.
>No trinity and even the two classes that will normally tank are more soft tanking than "Hold aggro, use defensive CDs, pray healer is on-point"
>Everything, and I mean everything, up to the level cap (and possibly anything that isn't a raid) is soloable if you git gud
>Classes are really balanced (current NA build is a bit fucked due to it being balanced for stuff we currently lack, but skill can still win out much of the time) and all play differently
>PvP is top notch and is entirely skill based
>A lot of the daily stuff involves being put into a PvP position with factions
>Not the greatest optimization, but leagues better than TERA's was
>>
>>321079267

Tree of Savior was supposed to be a step away from the "higher level = more fun" paradigm. Instead, it turned out to be a linear themepark with no attractions, just go to X area and kill thousands of monsters with shit AI for X levels. At least ffxiv had cool attractions like FCOB going for it, ToS has nothing besides it's amazing BGM, which I still have saved on my PC even though I uninstalled the game ages ago.
>>
>>321079267

My thougs exactly. MMOs are all antisocial simulators who baits you into grinding with false promises of fun later on, while giving you none at face.

I'd rather grind in real life If I want to be disapointed.
>>
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 293x172) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 293x172
>>321080126
>I'd rather grind in real life if I want to be disappointed
>>
File: explain this shit.png (255 KB, 354x367) Image search: [Google]
explain this shit.png
255 KB, 354x367
>>321079743
>everything is soloable
how is this a good thing in a fucking MMO? just play a singleplayer RPG fuck
>>
>>321070782
More than I thought it would be, the last time I played. Not enough to interfere with level grinding, etc, but no so few that it felt empty.
>>
>>321048505
stop posting
>>
File: a smile for you.png (1 MB, 1024x640) Image search: [Google]
a smile for you.png
1 MB, 1024x640
>>321080126

and that's why making hacks/bots and selling gold are the most enjoyable parts of any mmo
>>
>>321080286
>how is this a good thing in a fucking MMO?
Because it takes actual fucking skill to do so rather than a class being simply OP or using cheese tactics?
If you suck, get a party for that stuff, but the option is there for people trying to learn their class well and don't want to deal with fighting for loot.
There's plenty of content that isn't viable for soloing due to it being a large scale raid, requiring people for specific mechanics, etc.
>>
>>321071550
I do agree.
>>
Dark ages of MMO?

Black Desert will come out soon and the EU version is supposed to be the non casual version. PA was forced to casualize the version for the Korean tablet gamers. Lets hope that they wont have to do the same in EU.

Valencia is a fucking paradise of a continent. And entire part of the world that promotes and enforces the most retarded level of ganking and even has outlaw cities that only PKers can enter. You have war elephants, one if not the most sophisticated combat system in any MMO ever and a bunch of other things.

But we all know that Daum will fuck up majorly and turn this game into another theme park junk game, fuck up the balance with 16+ enchants and turn the game into a dress-up ERP inbred title. But one can still pray.
>>
>>321080724
>this kills the MMO
>>
File: why am i still alive.jpg (6 KB, 151x160) Image search: [Google]
why am i still alive.jpg
6 KB, 151x160
>>321080846
>MMO
>skill
Pick one.

The whole point of an MMO is to go on adventures, meet cool people along the way and do fun shit with them, feeling a sense of progression, then maybe going back to early regions and help newcomers and generally just have a good time.

If everything is super simple, straightforward and the combat can be done solo EZ then nobody is going to work together, nobody is going to interact and trade with other people, it's just a fucking treadmill of sidequests until the endgame where people use Megaphones to complain on the global chat. Modern MMOs are absolute cancer.
>>
>>321080468
Is it really worth giving it a try? I simply need a game that keeps me occupied, that is fun to play with lore, and that I've always enjoyed lotro. I did it with swtor a while back and had fun for the time I played that game.
>>
>>321082945
>then maybe going back to early regions and help newcomers and generally just have a good time.
Top kek. If anything you go back to PK them.
>>
>>321085703
yeah or that

as long as you end up interacting with people that's the whole point, cool stuff HAPPENS
>>
>>321085989
Well, then pray for BDO to be good. Because that game would be one of the few that gets rid of all the modern MMO problems.

No achievements, no instanced dungeons or raids or even PVP, no actual endgame, free trading and world, great combat, no fucking raid finder, lots of shit to do like literally hunting whales etc.
>>
>>321047560

Runescape 3 is pretty fun. Besides the grinding aspect being casualized by BXP and other money-market/cash shop incentives the game itself is still being developed in a way that's true to the style of the game. The developers are responsive to user suggestions, even though it's sometimes detrimental to the game. It also has one of the longest lasting /vg/ communities around filled with people who are both helpful and friendly.

It's of course Runescape so expect a horribly optimized Java game with an emphasis on grinding.
>>
If you are hardcore fan of MMOs from the strictly PvE perspective, it's actually the best it has been right now. Hellfire Citadel is among the best most nuanced raids WoW has ever put out. The game's optimized to be all about hardcore raiding at the moment with everything else streamlined so player skill and ability matters more than endless grinding.

MMOs hit their dark age otherwise around the time WoW was super popular. WoW during its first three expansions didn't have the best raids, nor the best PvP (DAOC probably takes that), and was never a roleplaying sandbox type MMO which has unfortunately fallen out of favor.

I think the best thing would be for MMOs right now a streamlined sandbox roleplaying type similar to Everquest before it became raid centric or Star Wars Galaxies but with a lot less pointless grinding.
>>
>>321079743
blade and soul is like GW2. it has nothing. just damage and its the same 3 skills all over again
>>
File: 1271746851021.jpg (79 KB, 350x218) Image search: [Google]
1271746851021.jpg
79 KB, 350x218
>>321086267
>No achievements, no instanced dungeons or raids or even PVP, no actual endgame
>>
>>321086828
>player skill and ability matters more than endless grinding
and your social and dick sucking ability matters even more than that
>>
>>321086973
Perfect game. OW PVP and raids and dungeons. OW trading and Siege Wars. No locked endgame, you can do whatever you want. Perfection, no instant gratification carrot on a stick garbage.
>>
>>321069657
>worse graphics
Much, much better graphics than 99% of MMOs.
>no boss fights
Bosses are a defining characteristic of assfaggots maps.
>no cosmetics to grind
Leveling in non-shit assfaggots gives you random cosmetics, you can also trade them or get extras from events like christmas or halloween.
>pvp only has 6 buttons
Better than only having 2 buttons like in WoW, and you're forgetting about items and classes with more than 6 abilities, such as those that get additional units to control.
Moreover, realtime movement, skillshots, item selection, skill progression choice, positioning, control, rate of movement, etc. all greatly contribute to the skill ceiling. How can MMOs even compete?
>>
>>321053736
I mean, they made the first 10 levels free.

I agree it could have done well, but a few key cldmson choices killed that game.

1) Having battlegrounds at all. It should have been 100% RvR

2) Releasing a completely unfinished game. Missing 4? Classes and 4 main cities. How the fuck

The game itself was fun
>>
>>321047560
Blade & Soul
>>
>>321077873
You break even as soon as you have over 10 NA or EU user, bra. If you add ads to the ru/sa servers, you break even just by posting the client online somewhere.
>>
>>321087395
are you guys for real? everyone shits on GW2 for not having a trinity. why does BnS get a pass
>>
>>321087512
Full action gameplay. People don't shit on GW2 for having no trinity, they shit on GW2 for tailoring the game around a trinity and then not having a trinity.

It's still garbage.
>>
File: Screenshot_151218_001.jpg (501 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_151218_001.jpg
501 KB, 1280x1024
>>321087512
I'm no MMO expert, i just played B&S NA beta, GW2, and TERA. I felt like B&S was better overall.
>>
>>321047560
They won't ever recover because of the players.

It's over, unless vidya, or MMOs at least, become a nerd-exclusive hobby again.
>>
File: reboot_promo_01.jpg (154 KB, 1070x562) Image search: [Google]
reboot_promo_01.jpg
154 KB, 1070x562
Has anyone played the Reboot server yet? Is it fun? I could go back, but I feel like it might just be a waste of time.
>>
>>321075462

No, people kill each other like retards for no reason, since it's 100% drop, nobody carry much loot, so it's like noob craft people randomly attacking each other, you will just get mad at interruptions in your quests.
>>
>>321048505
>Wall of Text crits you for 10823238 damage (0 resisted)
>>
>>321087707
It IS current maple but with SOME (key word SOME) aspects of old maple. I'm still on the fence about the thing too.
>>
>>321082945
>The whole point of an MMO is to go on adventures, meet cool people along the way and do fun shit with them, feeling a sense of progression, then maybe going back to early regions and help newcomers and generally just have a good time.

Objectively correct
>>
>>321086971
>blade and soul is like GW2.
Have you even played either game?

>>321087512
Because BnS did it right.
GW2 is a mess with so much useless shit that isn't viable or worth using in PvE at all.
It's ENTIRELY DPS. CC is almost entirely useless, running a condi build is useless because every other class will overide your shit, and half the classes aren't even wanted in PvE.
GW2 is clunky and the dodge mechanic is utterly fucking broken in addition to the AI being easily abused.
Not to mention that GW2 is a tab target MMO and BnS is an action one.
>>
>>321047560
MMOs have a hard spot to fill now. On one hand you have trying to make meaningful interesting lore like WoW (I hate it but I'll concede) and trying to keep content fresh such as changing the fucking hotbar crap we've relied on since the 90s.

On the other hand MMO players have changed significantly. Everyone is a minmaxer now that autisms over stats only. To break the mold you have to attract a different kind of audience. Plus the world has changed. MMOs used to be where you unplugged from real life. You chatted with friends and really dove into whatever fantasy you liked. Now people run 3 monitors with Skype, YT, and Pandora/Spotify open. They aren't immersed and engaged and during cutscenes they pick up their phone.

I have no idea how you address all of that. But it's one reason I don't really even try MMOs anymore. They aren't built to lose yourself in.
>>
>>321082945

this guy knows whatsup

everyone who played an mmo generally has memories about fun adventures and stuff not about 9000 LEVEL SOLO DUNGEON RUNs
>>
File: crowfall.jpg (71 KB, 1491x1491) Image search: [Google]
crowfall.jpg
71 KB, 1491x1491
What is /v/s opinion on pic related?
>>
How is Lord of the Rings online?
>>
>>321088365

Just another generic MMO.
>>
>>321048505
everyone is shitting on this dude but in all reality he is 100% correct
>>
>>321080532
>>321087934

back to reddit
>>
>>321087208

except that never work, so its just utopic
>>
>>321047560
Dead frontier
>>
File: sleeping forever.png (1 MB, 1024x641) Image search: [Google]
sleeping forever.png
1 MB, 1024x641
>>321082560

I'd prefer paying for college rather than play a MMO for years, thank you.
>>
Who else can't wait for Star Citizen to save MMOs?
>>
>>321082945
>it's just a fucking treadmill of sidequests until the endgame where people use Megaphones to complain on the global chat

HAHAHAHA true.
>>
>>321089483
Wait a minute, I thought it was supposed to save space combat sims and FPS games.

Weird.
>>
File: WEEE.png (221 KB, 744x505) Image search: [Google]
WEEE.png
221 KB, 744x505
Anyone feeling christmassy in old school runescape? Currently grinding fletching at the grand exchange to start my account again
IGN Reerex Yeti
>>
>>321087707
I have, it's absolute dogshit. It's newmaple without the p2w, but all the remaining garbage is there. Borderline unplayable.
>>
Giving Return of Reckoning a try, for WAR nostalgia.
>>
>>321090016

>runescape
>grind skills to do quests who will give skills
>>
File: holyfugg.png (194 KB, 757x488) Image search: [Google]
holyfugg.png
194 KB, 757x488
>>321090016
It's Christmas time in Hell!

In all seriousness though OSRS is the best MMO right now. I fucking love it. The one true MMO that you can't quit, Runescape. RS3 is trash as we are all aware.
>>
>>321088020
Sounds like EQ2 with its time locked servers. I've been playing that and have been having an alright time just getting lost in locations and not caring about being productive. Makes me sad that the EQ brand is so dead right now.
>>
File: 1442979147820.jpg (189 KB, 501x584) Image search: [Google]
1442979147820.jpg
189 KB, 501x584
>>321090016
Can you feel it Mr. Krabs?
>>
>>321090598
Is OSRS fully free yet?
>>
>>321090453
I'm grinding so I can make enough money to buy my next bond, got the bond as a gift from a drop party,
>>321090598
And hell yeah dude been on and off for years now, started up again and trying to get that dosh so I can keep playing members, fletching is the only way I know how
>>321090761
And oh ye I feel it
>>
>>321089961
Those aren't mutually exclusive, anon
>>
>>321087208
How does it not have an endgame? Is there no XP? Is it gear drop on respawn?
>>
>>321090834
It has F2P worlds. It's the same exact restrictions as back in the day playing F2P runescape. Hit that shit up and make a nice range/str pker.
>>
>>321086267
>pray
>for a game that's already out
>and also already dead
>and completely gutted
OK senpai.
>>
>>321090834
I mean I got a bond as free to play, so I got membership for 2 weeks, but if you make enough money to buy the next bond it's pretty much free
Looking for anyone to sponsor my RS addiction with some cash or anything really
>>
>>321091130
So you still have to pay for access to 70% of the world? Meh, no reason to try again then.

>>321091280
I'm not good enough at making money for that kinda thing.
>>
>>321091345
Use ingame bonds like this anon said. It is completely free if you want it to be.
>>321091280
>>
One problem with MMOs is that the combat is usually just "click on an enemy, watch it trade blows with your character, maybe occasionally drink a potion or cast a spell".

Another problem is that the world's usually static. Like, you can do a quest to help a village by wiping out a group of bandits terrorizing it, come back later, and it's still being buttfucked by the exact same bandits.
>>
File: crystalgripoctober2815.png (20 KB, 187x252) Image search: [Google]
crystalgripoctober2815.png
20 KB, 187x252
This was my account before I got banned, R.I.P but atleast I know what I'm doing, just need the monies
>>
File: Minecraftmmo.jpg (414 KB, 1546x1004) Image search: [Google]
Minecraftmmo.jpg
414 KB, 1546x1004
>>321047560
reminder that MOBAS did not kill MMOs

Minecraft Killed MMOs
>>
>>321091850
This pic is the very embodiment of cancer.
>>
I don't get how people can play shit like Runescape and LotRO. The UIs are so fuck ugly and hideous to use, they're barely playable.
>>
>>321047560
Maplestory 2.

Looks colorful as fuck but skills look plain as fuck.
>>
Hey kids, have you tried Eloa yet?
>>
>>321058620
>Fond memories of Garriott getting ganked in his own MMO (Ultima Online)

Mucho butthurto
>>
>>321092042
Absolute dogshit. Beyond garbage. Even trash would be preferable.
>>
>>321053736
http://www.returnofreckoning.com my friend

WAR is back on a free private server, about 800 people playing as we speak
You'll be surprised how smooth it is
>>
>>321092219
Im on the Anything will do stage.
>>
>>321050380
fucking boring as shit worst 30$ i spent
>>
>>321092317
Welcome to the desolation of the video game industry. Where stuff like Undertale is praised as an exceptional game.
>>
>>321091163
Thats the tablet gamer KR version. The EU version is supposed to be different, supposed to be...
>>
>>321092389
>Undertale
i haven't fell that low.
>>
>>321092076
It's the only MMO worth a shit nowadays I think.
>>
>>321092076
>>321092649
Eloa /v/ guild when?
>>
>>321072247
Or your GM cucked you

You can thank EvE and CCP for making this kind of stuff acceptable for a part of the MMO community
>>
>>321092076
Devilian manages to be a better game and that atrocity is published by fucking Trion.
>>
ESO is the best game out there right now for PvP players
>>
>>321093438
Devilian isn't an MMO unlike eloa.
>>
>>321093069
not him but hacking/scripting and using exploits was piss easy in archeage and a shitton of people did that because trion never really did anything about this.
(strictly speaking they couldn't because the game was poorly programmed)
>>
What happened to that lovecraftian/gothic inspired mmo?
>>
>>321093859
Was it this? https://www.revivalgame.com/

I haven't heard of it before, but it looks pretty badass.
>>
>>321094370
>https://www.revivalgame.com/
Yeah. It does

It's probably vaporware though
>>
File: clickclickclick.png (671 KB, 728x1110) Image search: [Google]
clickclickclick.png
671 KB, 728x1110
>tfw you work as a GM aka customer support for a shitty taiwanese(thats not even a meme the developers are TAIWANESE FOR REAL)anime MMO and you have to deal with stupid 3rd worlders constantly.
K I L L M E P L E A S E
>>
WoW killed MMOs and they'll never come back.
>>
File: 1445004588652.jpg (352 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
1445004588652.jpg
352 KB, 1000x563
>>321094370

Looks pretty spoops. I love lovecraftian shit.

But honestly, it feels like it's vaporware. There's nothing to show. It's all just concepts.
>>
>>321094370
Isn't this team working on Star Citizen as well? I'm pretty skeptical as to whether or not they'll even deliver on half of the stuff they've promised, but I'll hold out on judgement since it's very early on in development.
>>
>>321096858
I was about to call you a retard and say that's CIG, but you're right; it's on their website. They seem to be a very ambitious company, which is never a bad thing.
>>
>>321051960
EQN is dead.
>>
>>321097070
So two vaporware games?

Wow
>>
>>321098072
>star citizen
>vaporware
Get out of here Derek, go whine more on twitter about how little money your shit games netted you.
>>
>>321098405
o n e h u n d r e d m i l l i o n
>>
>>321047560
MMO's are dead because it's cancerous fanbases switched to free to play browser games. This makes me happy.
>>
File: Healing_Signet_(large).jpg (11 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
Healing_Signet_(large).jpg
11 KB, 225x225
I just treat games like a single player game with some online feature that let me team up with players. I will miss the day of Runescape, SWG and Guild Wars 1 and I accept that those days, with the current environment with jew publishers, causal players, and incompetent writers, are gone.
>>
>>321098405

I miss the days when Derek Smart would actually shitposting like that.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.