[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you looking forward to Project Setsuna, /v/? Do you want
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6
File: project_setsuna_new.jpg (269 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
project_setsuna_new.jpg
269 KB, 1280x720
Are you looking forward to Project Setsuna, /v/?

Do you want the old style of console RPG back?
>>
It seems like the Chrono Trigger sequel that we never got
>>
>>321044462
>Do you want the old style of console RPG back?
not one bit. jrpgs are terrible
>>
>>321044462
It looks boring. People were hyping the shit out of Bravely Default and that was garbage so I'm not holding my breath.
>>
File: monster monpiece.jpg (56 KB, 620x428) Image search: [Google]
monster monpiece.jpg
56 KB, 620x428
>That pure piano soundtrack

I'm looking forward to it to an unreasonable extent.
>>
Day 1 buy for me. Will buy for both PS4 and Vita to support it twice.
>>
>>321044574
Looks great to me. I liked Bravely but the lifeless flat towns did almost make me drop it. Towns in this look good.
>>
Not really. I could probably play it on mobile to kill time in transit. But not on actual computer.
>>
>>321044719
As of right now it's not on the computer anyway
>>
>>321044613
The song they played over the trailer honestly sounds really familiar but I can't say exactly what it reminds me of.
>>
>>321044773
Right. Just checked it. If I ever get Vita I will probably play this game.
>>
File: Yuki no Setsuna party.jpg (750 KB, 2770x942) Image search: [Google]
Yuki no Setsuna party.jpg
750 KB, 2770x942
The party as of now.

Game is out in Japan in February.
>>
>>321044927
My party will be Auron, Brown Thief Girl and Lancer Girl.
>>
>>321044878
It's on PS4 too.
>>
>>321044927
I really like the art for this game
>>
Is it a Squeenix game? They seem to fuck up everything that's not DQ nowadays.
>>
>>321045204
Yeah it's a new studio that squeenix just opened devoted to making smaller old style RPG
>>
File: 1450281597792.jpg (2 MB, 3303x2042) Image search: [Google]
1450281597792.jpg
2 MB, 3303x2042
Really really interested in it. Not really from the nostalgia angle as I didn't grow up with classic RPGs, but presentation, story, setting, mood, gameplay etc. all looks really damn neat. I like what the devs have talked about and in general it looks like it'd be a pleasure to play.

Pretty hyped.
>>
>>321045153
I don't dislike it, but I'll really need to see how everything else in the game fits in with the character designs. One of the things that makes CT so memorable is that it has a really distinct visual style throughout the game that ties it all together thanks to Toriyama.
>>
I'm interested in it.

Still this is made by some new guys. Hope they don't fuck up.
>>
>>321044462
Based on the trailer, it seems its going to be some romantic melodrama just like FF10
>>
>>321044462
It looks promising, although this is one of those games I'll get on Vita even if it's coming out on PS4 as well. It was so obviously made with handhelds in mind the port might as well not be a thing.
>>
>>321045487
With how Square is now, new guys are Less likely to fuck it up.
>>
>>321045664
That's a good point.
>>
>>321045664
What did he Mean by This?
>>
>>321045660
I kind of want it on Vita because playing JRPGs on handhelds snug in bed under the covers is maximum comfy, but I don't really want a Vita for anything else.
>>
>>321044821
Chrono Trigger
>>
Looks pretty cool. I'll buy it on Vita when it comes out in Japan and tell you /v/ friends how it is. Also spoil the story for you.
>>
>>321045861
I hope you don't mean the shocking twist of "the party finds a way to change fate and not sacrifice the girl"? I don't think I could handle that kind of surprise.
>>
>>321045861
I'll be waiting.
>>
>>321045964
I was suspecting the twist in Bravely Default since the very first broken crystal scene, and it still caught me with my pants down when it actually happened. Really glad I didn't have it spoiled for me by /v/.
>>
>>321045964
Nah, it's that protagonist's childhood friend Shiori died in the catastrophe 10 years ago, but made a deal to be kept alive with its source. That's the origin of all disturbances in the city. It's also hinted that the true origin of all the catastrophes was bombing of Nagasaki and Hiroshima, but it's never explored.

Oh wait, that's Tokyo Xanadu spoilers.
>>
>>321046146
Heard it already.

Please try again.
>>
File: YHd6ly8.gif (2 MB, 300x241) Image search: [Google]
YHd6ly8.gif
2 MB, 300x241
>>321044462
The game looks really budget.
Like they hired a bunch of graduates for pocket change.
>>
>>321044704
What

Everything looks the same because snow. It's fucking lifeless
>>
>>321046383
It's a budget game made by a small studio yes
>>
>>321044462
AIRSHIPS CONFIRMED
>AIRSHIPS CONFIRMED
THE LAST TRAILER HYPED ME UP AS FUCK
WILL GET ON PEE ESS FOURU
>>
File: sweden.jpg (115 KB, 736x525) Image search: [Google]
sweden.jpg
115 KB, 736x525
I'm buying this game only because the houses look like traditional Swedish houses.
>>
>>321046953
>that kekshed at the left
>>
>>321047010
That's where we keep our Norwegian and Danish slaves.
>>
Yes. On PC though.
>>
>>321047198
Nah, it's actually where the Swedish husband gets put in when Jamal, Tyrone and/or Muhammad come to service his wife and daughters (if applicable).
>>
Looks as bland as every other JRPG out there, but at least these guys have some sort of pedigree in the genre.
>>
>>321047407
There aren't a lot of black people in sweden. Most of the immigrants are sand niggers.
>>
>>321047567
CT was always somewhat bland, but what made it so good was that everything was just done absolutely perfectly. It's elegantly simplistic.
>>
>>321050320
I almost guarantee I won't give a shit about it when it releases.

>>321050320
>CT
Chrono Trigger? Chrono Trigger wasn't bland at all, the battle system was legitimately fun to mess with (combined with the sheer amount of viable party formations), the pacing was breakneck and the novelty of the sheer amount of locales, enemies and tactics they throw at you carried the game and then some.

Only bland bit was the aesthetic, sorta typical console jRPG look of its time.
>>
>>321052192
The battle system in this is derived from Chrono Trigger's, so are you not interested?
>>
>>321045861
the twist of the story is that after being sacrificed, you get transported to another world.
You have to beat the game 6 times, every run with one party member less until they are all sacrificed, then continue to the final boss in the other world
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.