[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you satisfied with Pokémon's representation in Sm4sh?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7
File: smash%20bros%20pokemon%20610.jpg (63 KB, 610x343) Image search: [Google]
smash%20bros%20pokemon%20610.jpg
63 KB, 610x343
Are you satisfied with Pokémon's representation in Sm4sh?
>>
Yeah.

I wish they would buff Metwo though so he's not useless tier because he's actually kinda fun to play as.

I get what they were trying to with Lucario by amping up Aura buff, but I can't get into maining him/her/it because of the fact that I ended upBing across the entire god-damned stage when I'm trying to recover at high percentage.
>>
File: 1450653426597.jpg (9 KB, 297x232) Image search: [Google]
1450653426597.jpg
9 KB, 297x232
>>321035010
Nay. Needs a gen 2 & 3 rep, if one of those can use leaf blade it may happen.
>>
>>321035010
Lucario needs to be kicked out, and we could do without Jigglypuff too.
Greninja is cool though.
>>
>>321035010
no. we need another pokemon stadium
>>
File: ribbon jiggly.jpg (141 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
ribbon jiggly.jpg
141 KB, 1500x1500
No.

Mewtwo was not needed and Squirtle and Ivysaur were both way more fun to play as and were viable characters.

Also buff The Puff so she can be super tuff.
>>
>>321035445
He got a ton of buffs last patch, he's actually a glass cannon now instead of just glass.
>>
File: 1450223514790.gif (540 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
1450223514790.gif
540 KB, 400x240
>>321035010
Absolutely not. 4 stages to Mario's 14 and Zelda's 7 is unforgivable.
>>
Does /v/ support Pokemon having relationships with non-Pokemon?
>>
>>321035010
It's all right. Could use some more interesting stages. The series has a lot of cool locations.
It'd also be nice for Ivy and Squirtle to return.
>>
No, we don't need three bipedal fighter types (Lucario, Greninja, Mewtwo).

If you wanted to keep the contasting dynamic between Greninja and Charizard, then do so, but we don't need Lucario and Mewtwo shitting up Pokemon's representation.

Personally, I would have just brought Mewtwo back and gotten rid of Greninja and Lucario. Mewtwo is easily more iconic.

After Pikachu, Charizard, Mewtwo, and Jigglypuff, I would have added two other pokemon, most likely a water-type and a grass-type, then transfer aspects of Squirtle's and Venusaur's movesets over.
>>
File: mewtwo-smash-bros-wiiu.jpg (176 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
mewtwo-smash-bros-wiiu.jpg
176 KB, 1280x720
They fuck over Mewtwo
>Known to be the strongest, and most bad ass pokemon
>Smash Mewtwo is slow, weak, light and a joke of a fighter
>>
>>321036009
at this point, Lucario is like Game freak's second mascot now, is just too fucking popular to be cut out that easily, Greninja sadly has more chances.

All of the pokemon in the roster are popular as fuck so is difficult to see who would go.

Mewtwo and Charizard both pander to genwunners and nostalgiafags, Greninji has been the new hot shit of the series and they have been pushing him lately, Lucario's popularity is fucking big as fuck in Japan, and the only reason why Jigglypuff is still there is just because she was part of the original 12.
>>
>>321036997
>Personally, I would have just brought Mewtwo back and gotten rid of Greninja and Lucario. Mewtwo is easily more iconic.
Lucario is literally the series' second mascot.
Sorry, man. Masuda pushed him really, really hard and he caught on with the kiddies.
>>
>>321035010
Not really, I'd rather have Machamp as the fighting rep, and Pokemon trainer back with Greninja, Charizard, and whoever the most popular Grass starter is. Mew Two needs a buff, but I guess he could stay. I don't like puff or pika but expecting them to leave is more retarded than hoping that Machamp or Pokemon trainer would get in.
>>
File: 1384367386776.gif (1 MB, 474x360) Image search: [Google]
1384367386776.gif
1 MB, 474x360
>>321037057
>bottom tier in Melee
>nerfed in sm4sh
>>
Grass starter would have been cool
>>
>>321036690
Sure why not
>>
>>321037082
>and he caught on with the kiddies
Oh anon, if you only knew...
>>
>>321037057
Makes sense; mewtwo is psychic type, those aren't physical fighters.
>>
>>321037795
yes, yes, the furries too.
But Eevee also is loved by furries and it's not a mascot.

See, Lucario got BOTH the kiddies AND the furries.
>>
Pokemon already has its own fighting game
>>
>>321035010
Yeah, people bitch about Lucario, but I like that they kept him. Pokemon is more than just Gen 1 and the new hotness, you know. There are plenty of Pokemon who were popular in between.
>>
>>321037057
>Mewtwo
>Known to be the strongest, and most bad ass pokemon
Hilarious.
>>
>>321036997
>No, we don't need three bipedal fighter types
You'd hate Pokken.
>>
>>321038202
Which Pokemon is potentially the strongest? Meaning at level 100, which is the best Pokemon ever?
>>
>>321038341
Mega Fug
>>
>>321038341
Mega Rayquaza
So strong it got banned from the ban list.
>>
I really don't give a shit about Pokemon as a series (and there's a whole board to talk about that shit), but in terms of actually playing the characters

>Jigglypuff is always fun, Up B is actually useful now, though she has some horrendously bad matchups, also shield break being insta KO is a dumb mechanic
>Pikachu has been and will always be the annoying spammy electric rat, 4's version is no different
>Mewtwo would be enjoyable if he wasn't so light and slow, can't keep up with the rest of the roster (not sure how much the patch helped)
>Lucario is just there
>Charizard is low tier but still pretty fun to play as, just needs a wider hitbox on up-tilt, and generally less laggy moves (give him the Ike treatment)
>Greninja feels like a mix of a few different characters, not especially good or bad, wish Sakurai would stop giving characters the same counter move

I wouldn't have minded if they brought back Ivysaur too and made him a separate character, he was my favorite of the three Trainer Pokemon. Don't care about Squirtle.
>>
>>321037236

He would be an upgrade from Melee if not for the lighter weight.

Being light AND slow is a death sentence.
>>
>>321038792
Ivysaur certainly had a unique playstyle, but I can see why they didn't bring him back. In a game with so many characters already, it wouldn't have made much sense to put in ANOTHER pokemon rep that's as insignificant as Ivysaur. Bulbasaur would've made more sense, since he has anime cred
>>
>>321038341
Canonically or in th games?

Canonically the creation trio (Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina) and Arceus shit all over everythig else because they are reality warpers.

In the games, Arceus is the strongest without mega evolution, Mega Rayquza is with it.
>>
>>321039089
I thought Arceus was literally god in Pokemon, what does the creation trio have over it?
>>
>>321039256
Nothing. Arceus is god, Dialga is a personfication/has control over time, Palkia is space, Giratina is lovecraftian escher 4th dimensional bullshit and antimatter.

I just mentioned all 4 vs just arceus because there's just a huge powergap between the creation trio andd the next strongest canonically.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.