[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
To begin with we're not what you'd call human. Over
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: campbell.png (96 KB, 252x376) Image search: [Google]
campbell.png
96 KB, 252x376
To begin with we're not what you'd call human.
Over the past two hundred years a kind of consciousness formed layer by layer in the crucible of the White House.
It's not unlike the way life started in the oceans four billion years ago.
The White House was our primordial soup, a base of evolution.
We are formless. We are the very discipline and morality that Americans invoke so often.
How can anyone hope to eliminate us? As long as this nation exists, so will we.
>>
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>321032497
heh kid

if u dont get it u dont get it
>>
>>321032710
>>
>>321032792
The Patriots were bullshitting to confuse Raiden. Or it's simply Kojima retcon. They are AI, not mystical ghosts.
>>
>>321032890
>The Patriots were bullshitting to confuse Raiden. Or it's simply Kojima retcon. They are AI, not mystical ghosts.

>>
I'd say this game blew my mind, but I played it a few months ago and I can't remember any concepts mentioned that haven't been present in some form of media before 2001.

I enjoyed the presentation though.
>>
>>321032932
>>
>>321032932
>>321033059
>>
>>321033087
Hes CIA
>>
>>321033059
>>321033087
>>321032932

Metallic Archaea.
>>
I guess it is impossible to have more than one good mgs thread a day hunh.
>>
>>321033202
Wol-ba-chi-a.

Cop-u-la-tion.

Male. To female.
>>
>>321033209
>>
>>321032231
The first time I heard this speech it turned my fucking head inside out and the whole game was burned into my brain for months afterward.

It's one of those moments that affected me so profoundly that I can still remember the little unrelated details about my life at the time and my surroundings. What I was eating, what time it was, what I was wearing, where I was sitting, where my girlfriend was and what she was doing, even how the lighting in the room was.

Anyone else have moments like that specifically in vidya where the entirety of your situation is engraved in your memory because the game was that good?
>>
>>321033383
Yes. Playing mgs4 was my first taste of the last generation of vidya. I was beyond amazed by how amazing it looked and played compared to the ps2. Blew my fucking mind.
>>
>>321032231
WHOOPS RETCON
WE WERE MADE DURING VIETNAM
>>
File: 1319610309923.jpg (55 KB, 296x504) Image search: [Google]
1319610309923.jpg
55 KB, 296x504
>>321033209
sorry OP
I hope your thread does well.
>>
>>321032890
>not mystical ghosts.
he's talking about their ideology and philosophy but phrasing it in the first person (cause the game is about ideas and information and shit) not saying that they literally grew out of the white house
>>
>>321034236
So that's what he meant by this?
>>
File: dsfidsfiehdsfs.jpg (61 KB, 620x378) Image search: [Google]
dsfidsfiehdsfs.jpg
61 KB, 620x378
>>321033996
I'm OP actually. I hate shitposters. They have to ruin every single thread on this board.
>>
>>321032231
Babies first conspiracy theory
>>
>>321032231
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!
>>
>>321033383
>Anyone else have moments like that specifically in vidya where the entirety of your situation is engraved in your memory because the game was that good?
Not necessarily because the game, or the part of the game, was good, but because the situation was weird. I remember playing Breakdown towards the end, eating gummi worms, running down a tunnel I would swear I was supposed to drive down but there was no jeep available, waiting for my girlfriend to call me back so we could have phone sex. I was 14, time of my life.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.