[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think that realism should be a priority in videogames?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
Do you think that realism should be a priority in videogames? Also STALKER/Misery thread.
>>
No, it's only necessary in games which are supposed to be realistic. I don't see how games like Bayonetta would be enhanced if she had to have food and take a shit every few hours.
>>
>>321024325
Fuck the retards that made this mod.
>>
>>321024325
No, but it's fun in some games
>>
>>321025040
This. It's basically a 10fps quickload simulator.
>>
>>321024325
I think being good should be a priority in videogames.
>>
>>321026301
>video games
>good

wrong hobby, friendo
>>
>>321024325
hold on theres a giant fucking roach on my screen
>>
>>321025302
Remember the anticipation leading up to the first public release/

Remember when people could only sprint 10 yards before their weapon flew out of their hand to simulate being "tired".

This mod was always beyond retarded and I could only imagine how inane of trite its become in the years since.
>>
>>321026779
Oh it's fucking awful, those god damn FAQ answers made me want to punch whoever wrote them in the throat.
>>
>>321026779
Played it recently.
Here is what is new.
10,000,000 random items for rp purposes that sell for 12rb that are really their to clutter up the game.
Every enemy can dead shot you and throw nades at your feet from 300 yards easy and all their guns are on 2 bars of condition.
If you gun is under 75 condition it will cost obscene amounts of money to repair and doing your own does not work under 75 and costs almost as much as a payed job.
Roaving packs of mutants working together, its not unusual to see 12 snorks roaming in packs killing everyone.
3 classes to choose from, the cqc guy who dies instantly, the sniper who cant snipe for shit, and the fat bastard who need to eat and sleep every 5 minutes of gameplay.
Finally the cost of everything is almost always 25k and getting money is a grind, also you cant touch anomalies if you don't have a container as you die from radiation, and no anti radiation anomalies.
>>
>>321027174
I actually was in the middle of remember the fuck'd economy and weapon system.

Good to know they've doubled down on everything.

Though my heart warms at the fact that the arbitrary class system is still in place, and worse than before.
>>
File: 1440912805981.jpg (487 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1440912805981.jpg
487 KB, 1000x1000
This mod is the definition of convoluted.
>Different artifact containers just to hold onto artifacts
I'm glad I never voted for this mod for mod of the year on Moddb
>>
>>321027321
Class system is full retard because none of the classes are good at anything they suck ass at everything and what is worse is the weapons they can use.
Play an assault and want to use a rifle, no fucking chance son you cant hit anything.
What to be a sniper and use a smg, nope you have to use a double barrel shotgun because the real Ukraine snipers use them...About 20+ years ago.
Want a Sunshine Suit, you know the one stalkers hand made from scraps and is made mostly of ass and rubber. 150,000 rubles and it breaks in about 10 shots.
Having fun walking around, bandit headshots you from 500 yards instant death, Zone has Claimed you faggot.
Want to kill a mutant quickly with a headshot?, Mutants are immune to headshots and have resistances to all damage period because of super skin.
Why did that bandit take 3 shots in the head and not die?, zone mutated him and ummmmm stalkers who are pro have been mutated and are immune to headshots.
>>
>>321027174
thats retarded
moders should work on an alien picnick mod instead
>>
File: 1376342729768.png (36 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1376342729768.png
36 KB, 250x250
>>321025001

>I don't see how games like Bayonetta would be enhanced if she had to have food and take a shit every few hours
>Bayonetta taking a shit every few hours

For some people that would certainly be an improvement.
>>
>>321027649
I played the original mod. None of this is news to me.
Other than the fact that the developers think what they've created is in anyway good and continue to make it.
>>
>>321027678
The mod team that made Misery are working on a VN of stalker.
>>
>>321027805
Should see the fan boys scream git gud on the forums and say you are a homo for not playing for 8 weeks to farm a SEVA suit at the start of the game just to check out the crashed helo that is protected by 3 controllers, 1 burer, 15 zombies with pin point accuracy and one of those anomalies that chuck shit at you but are now super psychic and kill you from 200 yards and their hit box which was tiny is now smaller than a gnats asshole.
>>
>>321027808
>squirting ink out of you ass.rtf
>>
>>321027991
I'm going to keep responding because these descriptions are genuinely entertaining to me.
>>
Not every game needs to be grounded in a typical "realistic" way. But I would appreciate more varied realistic thoughts/reactions.

>Playing Deus Ex
>Killed nobody during Liberty Island, killed lots during Castle Clinton
>Meet Paul afterwards
>Instead of making one same judgement about JC, Paul is actually aware of how both cases were dealt with differently and tells JC to handle it like Liberty Island

I know it doesn't sound too special, but I liked how Paul's reaction wasn't so black and white while also going into specifics of why he thought a particular way about particular things.

Also this game came out 15 years ago and shits on modern games like Bioware shit which is still archaic as fuck with its black n white morality system.
>>
>>321028130
Side with the bandits in the first zone?
Awesome work man, now the bandits, free stalker, Freedom and Duty will shoot you on sight.
Want to leave scadovosk?, to bad faggot their is a fucking chimera outside with 10 snorks and an army of fleshs and they want to eat your boypussy and anyone in the ship that comes out to cheeki their breeki.
Want to go explore a fire anomaly?, don't have 100 fire resist?, die from the head after 2 seconds.
Want to the chemical anomaly?, die from the poison in the air because you don't a perfect 100 chemical resist because I could only afford the bandit jacket for 50,000 rubles because I didn't farm enough.
Want to go into that cave with the controller?, die standing above the fucking thing because he can now attack you through walls.
Want to go get the poison gas on the bridge?, to bad the mercs blow you away because that's their bridge now.
Did you get shot?, its ok just use the medical kit that takes 5 seconds to pull out, 5 to use, and 10 minutes from the black screen to fade in.
Want to bandage in a firefight?, hang on bandit let me just slowly pull this bandage out, slowly wrap it around my wound for 10 seconds, ok now Im ready to, oh well you hit me again because well the ai never misses because I had 'Extreme AI' on that you cant turn off now matter what and I am now bleeding again, now let me slowly bind, fuck I bled to death oh well.
Did you quick save in an open field?, enjoy the ai shooting you on respawn or the machine spawning a mutant army right in fucking front of you.
Ok so you got yourself a moist nugget wanna snipe?, ok don't forget to plan for bullet drop, velocity, flatness, wind, curvature of the fucking earth, if you are hungry, if you have eaten, if you are thirsty, if you jerked off, your total carry limit, the size of your ass and remember it takes at least 3 headshots to kill someone and hope he doesn't just turn and headshot you from that 500 yards.
>>
>>321028851
T.Hanks
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.