[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What games have good greatsword gameplay? Anything between stances
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
What games have good greatsword gameplay? Anything between stances to footwork to striking.
>>
File: All_Monsters.jpg (2 MB, 5867x1470) Image search: [Google]
All_Monsters.jpg
2 MB, 5867x1470
>>321023798
Monster Hunter
Dragons Dogma
>>
>>321023798
Skyrim
>>
Chivalry
Dark Souls but mostly for fashion
>>
greatswords are literally a meme weapon. polearms masterrace.
>>
actually on the topic of great sword stances and what OP has titled this thread, Would the game: For Honour give great swordplay and stance?
>>
>>321023798
M&B
DMoM&M
chiv
blade symphony is supposed to be good, but the online never drew me in.
>>
>>321026196
That is a game I am greatly looking forward to. I'm still intrigued that it has half-swording, although that seems to be only for a finisher
>>
>>321028226
I'm mistaken, I'm rewatching the trailer right now. It looks like you can use it whenever.
>>
>>321025652
I never really touched the game(s) but I've seen a few gameplay videos. Some of the greatswords and ultragreatswords look nice and others have their own special movesets. I'm not sure if I can delve into it on a deeper level though.
>>
>>321028497

yeah that what i exactly thought so too, the knight looks really fun, mainly from what you can achieve with the sword
>>
>>321029025
It really isn't all that *deep*, it's just punishing, and demanding precise and well thought out moves. It isn't amazingly complex or anything, it's just very tight to control, and doesn't tolerate sloppiness.

Pick it up.
>>
>>321023959
Actually, dragon's dogma two-handed swordplay is arguably it's weakpoint. There is no block/parry or dodge mechanic so you pretty much just end up building a damage soak character. The animations are nice and weighty for that "big fuckoff sword" feel, for sure, and they deal an absolute SHITLOAD of damage, but they are limited to only thee abilities.

Generally speaking, it's satisfying to watch, and really boring to play.
>>
>>321031231
I meant deep as in people really getting into the games. There's so much thought put into things like stats, items, and in turn all sorts of builds have been made. It feels pretty overwhelming.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.