[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much will the first episode cover? First disc? First bombing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 10
File: image.jpg (13 KB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13 KB, 300x169
How much will the first episode cover? First disc? First bombing mission? Entire Midgar section?
>>
>>321015475
We don't know how much they plan on splitting up the game.
>>
It ends when Cloud leaves the train platform.
>>
>He honestly thinks the first episode will only cover the first 6-8h of the game.

Stop being so fucking retarded for a moment, please. It's going to cover AT LEAST until the temple if they decide to go big with the game. and I mean BIG. It they don't bother that much I think it's going to be the whole game.
>>
>>321015475
It will cover you ass you shill faggot.
>>
>>321016086
>projecting your own retardation onto others

It's going to be like every other Final Fantasy game they split into 'Acts'. Expect 5+ hours each segment.
>>
First part should end in junon, after beating jenova. You see sepiroth, "time is now" bla bla, you fight, you go out to see the new continent, "we need to stop sephiroth..." BAM end of the episode 1.
Second part could end in the crater, bla bla meteor is summoned, what now?
Then third part rest of the game.
>>
It's going to be Midgar. Whole game will probably be 8-10 episodes.

>First disc
Considering the first disc probably covers about two thirds of the game, I don't think so.
>>
1: Midgar
2: Kalm to Junon
3: Costa del Sol to Cosmo Canyon
4: Nibelheim to Rocket Town and Wutai
5: Temple of the Ancients to Aeris' death
6: Icicle Inn to Crater
7: Escape from Junon and Search for Cloud
8: The search for the Huge Materia and return of Cloud
9: Diamond Weapon and the Midgar Raid
10: The Final Battle with Sephiroth
>>
Its definitely going to be 10 or more episodes like they did with ff4 after years but my question is how will this work?

If i buy the game disc do i get all episodes as they launch?
>>
World map ever?
>>
File: Cloud.png (196 KB, 600x323) Image search: [Google]
Cloud.png
196 KB, 600x323
Nobody knows, but from what they've been saying about wanting Midgar to have it's own entire entry, that might be the case.
>>
>>321015475
its gonna cover the first continent all the way to the boat ride to Costa del Sol
>gives enough room for expanding shit
>show the nibelheim accident
>Chocobos and midgar Zolom
>Fort Condor
>first major appearance of "Sephiroth"
>leaving us with JENOVA as the final boss of the first part
>>
>>321015475
Do we know yet if each entry is going to be a full $60 retail game or are they going to do it as like $10 per episode and $60 for a season pass or what
>>
File: FFXV World Map.png (3 MB, 1700x1122) Image search: [Google]
FFXV World Map.png
3 MB, 1700x1122
>>321018270

why not
>>
Was there a new trailer?
>>
>>321018663
They've already said that it's not going to be open world/sandbox. Nomura apparently "wants to show the effect characters have on the environment" so don't expect a world map either.
>>
>>321018370
this, just because of the
>first major appearance of "Sephiroth"
>leaving us with JENOVA as the final boss of the first part
The parts need final bosses.
Also, ending it in midgar isnt just gonna work, its just too anticlimatic. Remember you have to eat all cloud past in Kalm after that
>>
>>321018539
their not episodes to begin with
they're gonna split this shit kinda like ps1 era FFs
>>
>>321018743
The most recent one is the PSX one
>>
>>321015475
>How much will the first episode cover?

I don't fucking care. If they're not going to provide us with the entire game, they can kiss my ass. I won't fucking buy a copy.
>>
>>321018830
multi-disc PS1 games cost the same as single disc games and you got them all at once, not one every few months. Please stop making this comparison.
>>
>>321018774
>They've already said that it's not going to be open world/sandbox.

Source?
>>
>>321018952
>every few months
Lol.

Try one per year.
>>
>>321018980
http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/12/21/413208/

>The game will have full voice overs, so characters that weren’t in Advent Children will need new voice actors. They haven’t been decided yet.
>The date event will be fully voiced, but due to changes in the social situation certain scenes have to be implemented carefully, like the Honey Bee Inn.
>Info on the overworld cannot be provided yet, but it won’t be an open world or sandbox game. Nomura-san is more interested in showing how characters affect the environment.
>Minigames that have left an impression with the fans will be included. The inclusion of the smaller ones will require consideration, as they all need to be developed with the latest tech.
>The game’s development is in the initial stages, they started developing the battle system.
>No information can be shared on whether the game will be out by 2017, but more information on that might come after the release of World of Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts II.8 HD in 2016.

Please look forward to it.
>>
>>321018774
>They've already said that it's not going to be open world/sandbox.
Except they didn't say that
>>
>>321018980
Dont believe him
He didnt say it was gonna be open world
it said:
>“We can’t say anything yet, but we don’t plan on fussing about whether it’s a so-called open-world or sandbox. But since Nomura is more focused on the creation of the scenery, we want to express an environment character actions affect the scenery.”
>>
>>321018774
this is what was actually said
>Is the map open world?
>Kitase: “We can’t say anything yet, but we don’t plan on fussing about whether it’s a so-called open-world or sandbox. But since Nomura is more focused on the creation of the scenery, we want to express an environment character actions affect the scenery.”
they didnt say anything about no open-world

>>321018952
and again, only made that comparison since it is the most apt, they'll be direct continuations, focusing on various events, not some bit sized episodic bullshit

>>321018929
then wallow in your despair
>>
>>321019186
It's gonna be split into 7 parts.
>>
>>321019080
heres an actual translation, not bits and pieces coupled with assumptions
Regarding Voices…
Nomura: “Basically, it will be fully voiced. We still haven’t decided the voices of the characters that weren’t in Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children.”
So does that mean dating events will be fully voiced?
Kitase: “It would be impossible not to. (Laughs.) However, since it’s different from that time and social situation, we need implement the reproduction of original events carefully.”
Nomura: “Ah, the Honey Bee Inn… (Laughs.)”
Is the map open world?
Kitase: “We can’t say anything yet, but we don’t plan on fussing about whether it’s a so-called open-world or sandbox. But since Nomura is more focused on the creation of the scenery, we want to express an environment character actions affect the scenery.”
Will there be mini-games?
Kitase: “We want to put the mini-games that remain favorable among fans in as much as possible.”
Nomura: “There were a lot of things from big to small, but we need to consider a bit whether it’s necessary to create them all with the latest technology.”
Kitase: “The development staff is also thinking about what to do with the mini-games.”
How’s production going?
Kitase: “We’re at the stage where we can say we’re finally getting started. We have ideas regarding battles, too, but it will take time to drop them into the actual game.”
Final Fantasy VII‘s 20th anniversary is in 2017. Can we expect anything for its original release date on January 31?
Kitase: “I can’t say anything at the moment. (Laughs.)”
Nomura: “Personally, I’m waiting for Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 and World of Final Fantasy in 2016. I think when they’re completed, I’ll be able to release new information.”
>>
>>321019080

This is a shitty mistranslation.

Proper source incoming.

http://gematsu.com/2015/12/final-fantasy-vii-remake-staff-discuss-voice-dating-scenes-mini-games-more
>>
>>321016335
>>321016086
He's right anon, the reason they where splitting up the game in the first place is so they could fit everything in instead of leaving parts out.
>>
File: FF7 Remake.gif (287 KB, 514x601) Image search: [Google]
FF7 Remake.gif
287 KB, 514x601
>>321019564

>Kitase: “We can’t say anything yet, but we don’t plan on fussing about whether it’s a so-called open-world or sandbox. But since Nomura is more focused on the creation of the scenery, we want to express an environment character actions affect the scenery.”

Hope you're ready for more XIII style hallways everyone.
>>
>>321016086
>AT LEAST until the temple

lol dream on faggot
>>
>>321019428
PR-Speak Translation:
>No world map. Outdoor hallways from one location to the next with scripted scenery effects that will probably be used to prevent backtracking e.g. tree falls on the path.
>Honeybee Inn is getting censored.
>Motorcycle and Snowboarding are in. All the other minigames are ditched because lol who cares.
>>
>>321015475
>there won't be an overworld map

fuck this remake. i don't even care at this point.
>>
>>321019741
>the reason they where splitting up the game in the first place is so they could fit everything in instead of leaving parts out.

The only reason they're doing it is to milk the living shit out of this remake as they've already been milking FF7 for over 15 years.

They don't care about your interests, they just want your money.
>>
Why can't they do the whole story?

Lazy Japanese bastards. Fucking try harder! Work harder. This is ridiculous.
>>
>>321019869
do you even try or you are just passing through
>>
File: Devil_Ride_FF7.png (62 KB, 457x421) Image search: [Google]
Devil_Ride_FF7.png
62 KB, 457x421
>>321015475
At bare minimum, all of Midgar. I really don't understand how they can stretch out a full game with less story to work with than that.

>>321017759
This is a good breakdown.

>>321018539
I think it's been said that each "episode" is going to be a full game all on its own. If you want to look at this story wise, the plot is going to get really fucking stretched out and most areas are going to double or triple in size, both in terms of exploration and enemies. It's also worth noting that the vastly different gameplay is going to affect the game's pacing/

>>321018774
They didn't directly say that there isn't going to be a world map but it is very heavily implied. It's a shame that it isn't going to be similar to FFXV; I'd love to see these guys run around the overworld in the distance. I can't imagine it'd be all that difficult either.
>>
>>321020215
5-10 hours is a full game by modern standards.
>>
I feel like
1. Midgar
2. Chasing Sephiroth (up until Meteor is summoned)
3. Meteorfall
Would make the most sense , since that's the way the game was split up thematically to begin with.
>>
>>321019564
>We can’t say anything yet, but we don’t plan on fussing about whether it’s a so-called open-world or sandbox. But since Nomura is more focused on the creation of the scenery, we want to express an environment character actions affect the scenery

welp
>>
>>321020313
It doesnt make sense though, the part 2 will start with the cloud past snore fest (not snore fest of course, but you get the point)
Fighting jenova first time makes more sense.
>>
>>321020050
Has SE given you any reason to have faith in them in the past 10 years?

>>321020313
So 10% of the game, followed by 50% of the game, then the last 40%?
>>
>>321018663

7R is not going to be as good as XV. I know this now.
>>
>>321020797
and XV won't be as good as the original FF7.
>>
>>321020797
what because it has a big map?
>>
>>321020313
I think chasing sephiroth would be way too big for one game. It will be like:

1. Midgar
2. Kalm-forgotten capital
3. Snowy fields-summon meteor
4. Everything else
>>
File: CWcIuRTWIAAZyp_.jpg (48 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
CWcIuRTWIAAZyp_.jpg
48 KB, 600x300
>>321020952

Yeah, but it's at least trying I guess.

>>321021053

That and the team are actually listening to fan feedback. People complained the combat in Episode Duscae was shit, so they've completely overhauled it and included weapon switching on the fly, and less QTE buillshit.

Gives me hope for a decent game. New HUD looks promising too.
>>
>>321021159
>2. Kalm-forgotten capital
The fuck? That's like 3-4x bigger than each of the other parts you listed.
>>
>>321018929
look at him /v/, look how cool and defiant he is
>>
>>321020797
you really dont know that at all, if anything FF7R already has better combat than XV, with added character switching

now dont get me wrong, being able to actually change weapons on the fly is good, as well as less QTEs, but the overall to the story and making it more family friendly is kinda disappointing as well

anyway, we barelly know fuckall about the 7R, and are only making assumptions on things that werent actually stated
>>
>>321022052
>but the overall to the story and making it more family friendly is kinda disappointing as well
what
>>
>>321022052
>FF7R already has better combat than XV

It's completely different styles.

I'll admit XV's combat in Episode Duscase was bad, but as I've said here >>321021248
the overhaul they've mentioned is looking very promising.

You can't say 7R is better or worse. We've barely seen 10 seconds of it.

From what I can tell it looks more controled than XV, less button mashy and you actually have to input the attack command from the list as opposed to mashing square to attack.

I'm looking forward to both combat systems, and it's really stupid to say this early that one is worse or better than the other.
>>
>>321022052
>>321022429

Oh and what I meant by that was that XV might turn out to be better because it's at least not being split up for the purpose of raking in the money from a beloved classic.
>>
>>321020419

I was okay with the combat, and the multi-series thing put me off a little, but this obvious wool over our eyes about the expected linearity has killed any hype for me.

I'm just gonna watch Tifa's reveal then peace out.
>>
>>321022052
>FF7R already has better combat than XV

shut the fuck up it looks identical

I don't remember cloud having a big warp-to-enemy attack that looks a lot like noctis' warp attack.

You're basing this claim on absolutely fucking nothing, and it makes you absolutely retarded.

We hardly know anything about either style apart from them looking very similar. the combat in the episode duscae doesn't exist anymore either it's been completely overhauled.
>>
>>321022557
In b4 SE defense force jumping in to say that it wouldn't be fair to the company to make a game as big as a 20 year old game without chopping it up to sell separately.
>>
>>321022160
you know how you had that sequence in Noctis home city with the party and the invading country, that shit was removed, and we also have robots instead of human enemies with blood when attacking them

>>321022557
you know, the amount of shit in FF7 and translating it to the graphics we have today is kinda on the huge, when they say that dividing this shit so that we have the minimum of cut shit instead of playing FF7 cliffnotes, i kind of generaly agree, its shitty, but its preferable than waiting fuck how long, and playing a severely cut game
>>
>>321022902
>I don't remember cloud having a big warp-to-enemy attack that looks a lot like noctis' warp attack.
Where do you see that in the trailer?
>>
>>321022902
its already better just for the fact that it has character switching, so i really dont care what you say
>>
>>321023002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3sBZ5Nr4hc

1:23
>>
>>321023170
>just for the fact that it has character switching

I agree on that actually, I didn't take that into consideration.

The only reason character switching wouldn't work in XV is because the gameplay and plot is focused entirely on Noctis and his warpy abilities. Also all the characters get their powers directly from him. If he dies in combat then it's instant game over.
>>
>>321023375
Look up the definition of "warp"

Also, that looks like the Dissidia version of Braver caked in those particle effects SE has fallen in love with
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxvTC-ZomiY
>>
>>321015475
If it was just the first bombing mission it would be like 37 episodes. It's obviously going to be all of Midgar at the very least.
>>
>>321023170

oh wow big fucking deal fuck I can't wait until it's scrapped from this game like it was from XV
>>
>>321023538

PS I wasn't the guy you were replying to I'm

>>321022429
>>321022557
>>
>>321015475
Half the first disk, or expanded Midgar.
>>
>>321016086
SE has confirmed that the first episode's scenario is already complete (and playable from start to finish? Or was that FFXV?) and I imagine a lot of the graphics and assets are already made. The scenes we saw in the trailer were very samey and only took place during the first bombing mission and immediately after. Generally, trailers show as much variety as possible to make the game look interesting, I'm willing to bet they showed everything they have - being most of episode 1. The episode will be no longer than when cloud gets off at the train platform as >>321016028 said.

And if episodes are that short, and it's taken at least a year's development time on this first episode, will this game ever come out at all? I dunno, something about it just feels like vaporware.. FFVXIII felt the same and it still hasn't come out and never will in the way that was promised. I feel like they'll release the first few episodes and then just stop releasing them and get stuck in development hell like Half-Life 2: Episode 3.
>>
Does no one remember that the same thing happened for the IV: The After Years? Not like its anything new.
>>
All I care about is how the fuck can it be an RPG with standalone episodes.

Will it read character data from harddrive an import your stats per transition? I hope so. Otherwise it sounds like it may as well be an action adventure game.

It's a good thing it won't be out for at least 3 years though. PS4 will be cheap when it finally starts getting games, just like the PS3.
>>
>>321023831
>Or was that FFXV?

That was XV. All they have to done for 7R is the "scenario".
>>
>>321023831
>SE has confirmed that the first episode's scenario is already complete
That just means they know what's going to happen storywise. FFXV is the one that's playable start to finish.
>>
Can't wait to see and play as Zack in the flashbacks
>>
>>321023538

That makes sense I guess. I was at least happy to see Noctis wielding a gun.
>>
>>321023831
>the first episode is train platform
so literally 40 minutes in ff7 if you are playing it for the very first time?
>>
>>321024170
I'd say more like an hour but yeah, that's my worry. I feel like they're treating this closer to episodic like a tv series rather than episodic like a movie, meaning 20+ episodes. Not too much to base that on except >>321023831 though. If it's true though, sounds like it could fail pretty spectacularly
>>
>>321024885
They've done a similar thing before with FFIV: The After Years, which was 13 episodes.
>>
>>321023848
Has there ever been an episodic RPG before? Curious as to how this could pan out. Wouldn't having save data being imported break the balancing of each episode?

Also being episodic has implications about freeroaming, will we not be able to go back to old locations in this?
>>
>>321025038
How did they handle character/stat migration between episodes? Or were stats self contained to each episode
>>
>>321025116
Go do some research on the .hack games.
>>
>>321025116
>Has there ever been an episodic RPG before?

oh wow just fuck off
>>
>>321025038
TAY isn't comparable. The episodes that were bought after the initial 8 dollar game were 3 bucks each and weren't announced as being the size of full games.
>>
>>321025234
Each episode focused on a different group of characters, so the levels and stuff didn't carry over until the last 3 episodes where everyone gets together. In the last episodes you could transfer levels/items/money from completed saves of the previous episodes. Also the early episodes had level caps of like 40-50 which were only raised to 99 in the last episodes.

Dunno how locations were handled, but as far as I know each episode contained its own locations, you couldn't go to places in other episodes.
>>
>>321025609
Thanks helpful anon :3
>>
They've said each "part" will be equivalent to a full game, so probably up to the end of Disk 1. I don't know why people keep saying "episodic" when SE has gone out of their way to avoid that phrase, probably for this very reason
>>
>>321026137
>so probably up to the end of Disk 1
Why do people keep saying this? Disk 1 of FF7 contained the vast majority of the game's story.
>>
>>321026137
They also said each part of the game they release will give a unique experience, so that makes me think it will be up to the end of Midgar, and have part 2 introduce you to the experience outside of Midgar when you get a much different game than you had up until that point.
>>
>>321026225
Not really, just up until Aeris getting killed. It seems big because you can get to a lot of towns before you're supposed to go to them. Disk 2 focuses highly on Shinra getting fucked and Cloud's complete mental breakdown and rebuild
>>
>>321026616
And that's not a huge portion of the game?

Disc 1:
Midgar (probably about 10% of the game in itself)
Kalm
Mythril Mines
Junon
Costa Del Sol
Mt. Corel
Gold Saucer + Corel Prison
Gongaga Village
Cosmo Canyon
Nibelheim + Mt. Nibel
Rocket Town
Wutai
Temple of the Ancients
City of the Ancients

Disc 2:
Icicle Inn
Great Glacier
Crater
Escape from Junon
Mideel
Corel + Condor Huge Materia
Underwater Reactor
Spaceship Huge Materia
Diamond Weapon + Midgar Raid

Disc 3:
Northern Crater

You would have to be retarded to think it will be split like this.
>>
>>321018156

/thread
>>
>>321015475
>First bombing mission
pls no, they cant shill me $60 for only that
>>
>>321015475
They will Expand Midgar into being one full game worth of content

Basically like a GTA version of Midgar for part 1
>>
>>321016086

>AT LEAST until the templs

Man i'Ve been replaying the game right now and I just arrived at rocket town after 10-12hours. No fucking way the whole first part is gonna be until the temple. My guess is it stops after you get out of Midgar... AT BEST
>>
File: Not a single Ravage.webm (3 MB, 1080x520) Image search: [Google]
Not a single Ravage.webm
3 MB, 1080x520
>>321022052
>if anything FF7R already has better combat than XV

7R has literal canned animations you pick from a menu, it's automated as fuck, you don't even control how you move in battles, all the movement we saw Cloud do was just canned animation after he picked the attack command just like in FF13, same with Barret, it just looks more flashier but you still just pick commands from a menu and that is it, and while you pick commands from the menu it just charges up the bar.

XV is a fully free Action RPG with direct input for all actions, 7R won't even be close to having good gameplay like XV does, the combat in the XV demo already had more freedom than you see happening in the 7R footage, and they've completely overhauled and improved that anyway and given us more manual control like manual weapon switching, aerial combat, changed the combos to be more manual, manual gun targeting, sub weapons, changed cross links entirely etc

Character switching in 7R means nothing compared to XVs weapon switching, weapon switching has more changes and impact on combat than character changing does in 7R, and in 7R you only have 3 party members all with one weapon each, so only 3 weapons max and it has no aerial combat, dodges, counters, parries or any of that action skill required

XVs weapons has 4 weapons minimum and multiple different types of combo states from opener, mid, finisher, counter and aerial combos, plus phantom swords and with all the weapons all with different levels on the weapons and different abilities and attributes too, a weapon in XV itself has as much difference as a whole character in another FF does, because changing weapons changes how Noctis attacks, moves, range, speed, stats, abilities, attributes, etc
>>
>>321018195
it will probably be like DLC
>>
>>321022052
>but the overall to the story and making it more family friendly is kinda disappointing as well
This never happened, the only changes stated to be done to the story is that Noctis is outside of Lucis when it's invaded instead of inside Lucis when it's invaded, and that the character Stella was modified into the character Luna who has a similar but different role in the game, one that is more fleshed out than what Stella's was

The war, death etc, those are all still heavily present

>>321022990
Niflheim has both Human soldiers and Magitek Robot soldiers, we even literally see the normal human Niflheim soldiers in the most recent XV trailer, Magitek robots obviously don't bleed, but the normal human ones do

The intro was modified only so that Noctis is outside of Lucis during the invasion, but it's already confirmed we can still play and do battles in Lucis, just that it happens at a different point, Noctis is on his way to Accordo during the intro now and in Accordo is the whole Leviathan bit

Also all the monsters in the demo had blood just like we saw in the older trailers, Noctis and co also bleed in the demo
>>
>>321031586
FF 15 looks like a good action game
>>
>>321026616
The first disc is around 60% of the main story.
>>
Part 1: Start to leaving Midgar, game ends with your party standing on the highway overlooking the world map.

Part 2:Loads directly into Cloud's retelling of "the incident of 5 years ago". Goes up to the end of City of the Ancients, ending with Jenova/Sephiroth telling Cloud that he is a puppet.

Part 3: Starts with Aerith's burial at sea. Goes to the end of the game.
>>
>>321033120
No way is Midgar 1/3rd of the game.
>>
>>321034016

They're already talking about expanding Midgar: being able to go to sectors you weren't able to before, and such.
>>
>>321034080
And they will take that approach for the rest of the game too. Each part is going to be expanded (read: padded out) so they can shill you 10% pieces of the whole game for 30 bucks each.
Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.