[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/12/2 1/final-fantasy-vii-rema
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: 7-sephiroth-a.jpg (100 KB, 1116x800) Image search: [Google]
7-sephiroth-a.jpg
100 KB, 1116x800
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/12/21/final-fantasy-vii-remake-developers-on-what-to-change-and-what-to-keep/
>Full voice acting
>Dating event in particular will definitely be voice acted
>No Honey Bee Inn scene because "social situations were different back when the original game was made"
>No map info, but it won't be open world or sandbox
>Minigames might come back
>>
So basically, its gonna be shit.
>>
Why are you spreading misinformation? This is what the article says:

" The reproduction of events from the original version will be done carefully, as social situations were different back when the original game was made compared to today. For example the bath house scene at the Honey Bee Inn.
Square Enix can’t say anything of the time being as far as map info goes, but they’re not going to put much focus on whether they’ll call it open world or sandbox. However, Nomura wants to have some kind of environment with backgrounds that can be affected by the characters."
>>
They already confirmed in another interview that the Honey Bee Inn scene is in.
>>
>The reproduction of events from the original version will be done carefully, as social situations were different back when the original game was made compared to today. For example the bath house scene at the Honey Bee Inn.

It doesn't say it'll be cut, just that it could be done differently. I feel like they know how much of a backlash there will be if they cut out the Honey Bee Inn (or anything really).

Like you may go there for some goofy dialogue and to get Cloud's make-up, but seeing Cloud chillin in a hot tub with a bunch of beefcakes may not be in or at the very least, not shown.
>>
>>321011117
You chucklefuck, you're taking everything they say out of context, as usual.

I'm sure the Honey Bee Inn will still be included, but does Cloud really have to be sexually assaulted while he's unconscious? (This happens in the *$%! room)

He could still be forced into a group bath in the Group Room, with the rape-y context taken out.

How skeezy are you?
>>
I'm more curious as to whether the satanic ritual scene in Honey Bee Inn is going to make it
>>
>>321011117
What is the Honey Bee Inn scene? I completely forgot it
>>
>>321011117
The only scene they'll likely change is the hard gay faggots dragging Cloud into the teeny tiny hot tub.
>>
>>321012597
BUBBY
>>
>>321012607
They just wanted to help wash each other.
>>
>>321012202
I agree with you, but at the same time:

>does Cloud really have to be sexually assaulted while he's unconscious?

Yes. Besides, we don't know if he was actually sexually assaulted. Just like in plenty of games, it's " implied ", but not talked about.
>>
So rape was okay in the 90's?

Neat.
>>
>>321011613
But that sucks. It REALLY sucks.

The fact that women have whined so loud that cuckmanlets can't keep in cloud being wedged into a bath with a bunch of sweaty men really says a lot about how the industry is going to shit.
>>
File: 1450725266186.png (58 KB, 592x872) Image search: [Google]
1450725266186.png
58 KB, 592x872
so now that OP already got blown out

which part of the game you looking forward to
>>
>>321012202
I found the covert SJW.

A dude in a bath with other dudes isn't skeezy, go fuck yourself.
>>
>>321013084
Japan is still weird though, so there could always be a comedic take on it where Cloud is just in the way at the moment a bunch of beefy guys charge into the room and launch in to the tub, accidentally forcing Cloud in.

After they get out and Cloud looks dejected one could say somethin like "You need to lighten up brother. Take these and drop by again sometime." Then he winks at you and gives you the briefs.

I don't fuckin know man.
>>
I think one of the reasons why some of these things will be changed aside from the rise of political correctness is just neo-Squeenix and the tone they're gonna go for in the remake.

All the humorous, silly shit in FF7 worked with the cartooney, non-realistic graphics in the 32-bit era, but a scene where body builders get in a small bath with Cloud would be weird as fuck with 2017 AAA graphics, and with how they're gonna try to make the game more serious to keep up with modern expectations. I hope they can make it work or do something similar though.

This quote though:
>as social situations of certain things were different back in the day

is pretty worrying.

Also if they bring back mini-games, they really need to make them better.

>push a button at the same time as this guy
>bitch-slap mini-game
>weird submarine mini-game

They'll need improve them or make them less disjointed.
>>
>>321011117
>same exact bait topic without context
So, this is what /v/ has come to. Shitposters are so void of creativity, they just rehash over and over.
>>
>>321014198

In terms of mini games, completely agreed. Been replaying this on the PS4 and some of the mini games are just bad and weird. Even something as simple as getting the key as Tifa in the gas chamber is non-responsive and frustrating.

GBike will remain intact, I'm mostly hoping they make snowboarding actually fun
>>
>>321014475

But he did give the context, he even linked to the article.
>>
>>321012321
I hope so. It offers a slight bit of story for the Sephiroth/Shinra plot line
>>
File: Masamune.png (17 KB, 349x665) Image search: [Google]
Masamune.png
17 KB, 349x665
>>321011117
so /v/, how do you say it?
>>
>crossdressing scene will be in, but Aeris will look into the camera and say "remember kids, transgender issues are very important. Cloud may have dressed up as a girl but this is no laughing matter, traps are people too"
>Honeybee Inn will still be there, but will be completely redesigned so that the girls and strippers are depicted as poor victims exploited in a problematic industry
>Cloud's fun times with Mukki in the tub will be totally removed
>Tifa will not be in her original costume, her breasts will be reduced and will be given an outfit more like the AC to cover her up
>>
>>321014198
To be honest, I wouldn't be opposed to VIIR removing some of the more pointless minigames like CPR and squats.

I hope they keep the slap contest if only for how hilariously disjointed it is
>>
>>321015363

>crossdressing scene will remain untouched
>Japan loves sluts, strippers will remain as is (they were prude-ish in the original anyways, always saying "ew don't touch me" even though Cloud is alpha as fuck
>Cloud didn't want to be there, it wasn't fun
>Tifa's original VII outfit is ugly as fuck and so stereotypically 90s, they'll give it an upgrade the way they did for Barret
>>
Jesus I hope this flops hard.
>>
>>321014937

Mahs-uh-moo-nay
>>
>>321012505
underage b&
>>
the funny thing about the whole honeybee inn segment is, at least in the translation I played, whether it's the gay "gangbang" or the crossdressing section, it was pretty much done in a subtle way... they didn't have cloud come out and say any vulgar things or whatever, the player is left to wonder whether anything sexual even happened at all... when they threaten corneo they never outright say, "we're gonna chop your dick off"... they refer to it as "it"... so if they just stick to the original as close as possible, and make it as comical and cartoonish as it felt in the original, I think it's gonna be fine
>>
File: 3dXjh.jpg (211 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
3dXjh.jpg
211 KB, 1280x720
Praise the sun, and be in bed by 8
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.