[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kingdom Hearts Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33
File: kingdom-hearts-iii.jpg (181 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
kingdom-hearts-iii.jpg
181 KB, 600x338
What did you think of the Jump Festa trailer? Thoughts? Complaints? Discuss Kingdom Hearts.
>>
looks fun

i can't say i've really enjoyed kingdom hearts lately (recently bought both 1.5 and 2.5 but can't say I enjoyed it nearly as much as I did back in the day when I was an edgy tween) but i'll still probably buy it out of pure nostalgia
>>
>>320998945
I need to actually get a hold of it before I criticize it too much but it looks great animation wise. I'm afraid it won't have any hitstun like in the handheld games, but I'm liking the shot locks and flowmotion. Just needs Drives and it'll be the best of both worlds.
>>
>>320999478
In the new trailer if you look closely his attacks are actually knocking back heartless like in KH2
>>
>>320999745
That's true, but it didn't look like there was as much weight behind it like in 1 and 2. Also I think that fire attack they used was kind of weird looking. It seemed like it rammed into the enemy than stopped for a second.
>>
>>320999478

>no hitstun

my biggest pet peeve in any kind of action game honestly

it's even worse when you're hitting something in the back and it breaks out of the combo and just does a quick 180 to counter attack you
>>
>>320999478
>Just needs Drives and it'll be the best of both worlds.
What else could they do with Drives without them just being a rehash of 2? Sure Shotlocks and Flowmotion are returning but at least those seem to be different now.
>>
>>320998945
We just filled up a 500 post KH thread for the day. Shut the fuck up. Dead thread.
>>
>>320998945
Sora looks like a oily spic
>>
im glad to see marluxia might appear once again. his nobodies look sweet. that was enough to satisfy me
>>
>>321000227
>half the thread was about panties
>>
>>321000227
You shut the fuck up.
>>
The only thing i care about at this point is the what worlds and characters we will see.
>>
>>321000953
What if Frozen and Lightning are confirmed? I honestly would not care at all.
>>
I was hoping flowmotion wouldn't be in this game. It completely negates any sense of weight behind your positioning and turns the game into a too easy musuo clone.
Hell, I'd take the stupid glide over flowmotion. At least that wasn't overpowered as shit.
>>
>>321001357
>Frozen
Never seen the movie. No opinion.
>Lightning
I'd be okay with this.
>>
>>320999047
>Kingdom Hearts as something "Edgy tweens" are into

Is there any further proof that your generation are massive pussies compared to Gen X?
>>
>>321001662
It might be optional. I'm not a fan of it myself, but I guess I'll just have to wait and see how it turns out.
>>
>>321001357
Knowing the amount of screen time FF characters get it'd be so minor I wouldn't give a shit. I never understood /v/s problem with Lightning, I know FFXIII isn't the best game but it's not insultingly terrible.
>>
>>321001357
While I can see lightning being in KH3, Noctis and co. are the most logical choice as this point.
>>
>>321001817
What sucks is that with Lea and all the other organization true forms being residents of RG we will probably lose a lot of screentime with Leon and co.
>>
>>321002119
Maybe. It's possible they'll begin working with the restoration co. but I don't know whose side their on.
>>
>>321001817
>I never understood /v/s problem with Lightning, I know FFXIII isn't the best game but it's not insultingly terrible.
It's not to do with Lightning or the quality of FFXIII itself, but more with Toriyama being a massive waifufag.
>>
Is Sora actually showing facial changes? I swear he almost looked the same age, just with different clothes and a slight height change from KH2
>>
>>321002779
It's amazing what a different art style will do to someone.
>>
File: KH-Premium-Event_11-03-15_003.jpg (162 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
KH-Premium-Event_11-03-15_003.jpg
162 KB, 1280x720
>TFW Kairi-haters BTFO.
>>
>>321002913

But the artstyle is the same, it's just in a whole new engine for the first time not counting the spinoffs that weren't in 3D
>>
those nobodies in the teaser

marluxia's somebody confirmed for surprise main villain
>>
I just hope the worlds get announced soon so we can get them over with.

Hopefully Frozen next just to get it out of the way.
>>
>>321003949"muh worlds" when KH2 was in development?
>>
Is the KH community really getting this bad.
>>
>>321004682
meant to link this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XAGCG5ewRs
>>
>>321004682

They're going to have been cock teased for 4 years before it comes out.

Autists can only hold their autism for so long
>>
>>321005332
I mean the hype and speculation was fun pre-BBS, but now people will freak out over anything, just have fun watching the trailers until the game comes out.
>>
>>321004817
I'm not seeing the problem there, despite the overacted autism.
>backstory qith young xehanort and eraqus already shown
>stuff about 2.8, Chi, 3D and nextgen cast
>huge bosses and interactive shit like that roller coaster stuff around the rock titan and the spinning pirate ship
>TT, Tower and Tangled already revealed
this trailer did what it weas supposed to do: show only gameplay instead of dragging on the vague teasing fuckery over the story
of course they won't reveal shit like the last world or Xehanort's final form. it's probably in their best interests not to show shitty minigames too, which you can bet your ass will exist
at launch they'll probably end it all with a big trailer showcasing Radiant Garden and Destiny Islands along with all half-Xehanorts, then there will be nothing left to show
>>
>>321005670
>of course they won't reveal shit like the last world or Xehanort's final form.

Have they ever done that with these games? I know some of the trailers for the rereleases will show off late game bosses, but that can be forgiven since those were largely done to satisfy fans who wanted a retread of the games with slight improvements.

Though I do wonder, will Master Xehanort have some crazy final form, or stay in his old man form? But the real big question is; who the hell going to voice him? Both of his primary voice actors died almost at the same time, and Japan is super picky about just replacing someone's voice compared to other countries
>>
>>321000265
Old Ben Garrison, why aren't you spending the holidays with your family?
>>
How do people play square games and not constantly cringe at the dialogue?
>>
>>321006271
BBS's final battle was shown almost everywhere and even made it to the game's opening
I know it's a narrative style to have a big enigmatic climax suddenly happen and the slowly reveal the reason why it's happening along the story, but for me it was disappointing as fuck since there was no twist. you knew shit was going to hit the fan and it did without any surprises.
not to mention most of the conflict was caused by Terra's extremely convenient stupidity to advance the plot.
IIRC RE:Chain of Memories also showed Marluxia just fine. then again, that game had no twist at all, you end up fighting a literally who among other literally whos that you'll only end up knowing more about them in the sequel.
>>
>>321001357
I hope frozen gets confirmed. It would work perfectly for a KH world and the shitstorm on /v/ would be amazing
>>
>>321006946

As long as it's not a retelling of the film's mediocre plot where Sora and friends are just props like Riku's version of Tron Legacy in DDD.
>>
>>320998945
Honestly I think it looks stunning and I need a PS4 now.

Why did the cutscene at the start look so fucking awful though?
>>
>>321006946
Would there even be a shitstorm though? It seems like the entire KH audience fully expects Frozen and are fine with it.

I could see the people who "might" play KH3 putting up a fuss over it.

I'm much more worried about the combat over the worlds now. It looks like a blend of KH2 and BBS, but the fact it's blending with BBS is what bothers me.
>>
>>321007207
How does it look like BBS? It looks more like KH2 x DDD
>>
>>321006930

Yea, but that wasn't any different from a traditional in-media-res kind of setup where you see the climax of a conflict, and then get taken back through the events leading up to it. Not to mention you don't see the very final moments of those battles, but the highlights like Ventus getting iced like a nigga
>>
>>321007432

He could mean how more of the power moves might be like the QTE elements of BBS. Really, I'm imagining it'll use the best of all the games barring the card combat of the chain titles
>>
>>321007696
QTE?
I think I know what you mean, but maybe not.

I just realised Shotlocks were back actually, I hope they're controlled by the gyroscope instead of the analogue sticks.
>>
>>321007110
come on, you know it will be like that
frozen arendelle castle will be just like Beast's with huge corridors and halls for a ton of battles
minigames at the mountain road to run from the wolves and a musical one at the trolls' place
ice golem will be the boss to keep Sora busy while Anna and Hans are up there dealing with Elsa at the ice castle
at the ice storm scene you'll have to aimlessly wander to find Anna while fighting a ton of random heartless. of course when you do everybody else will have already played their part and Anna will already be a statue. cue Donald going AW PHOOEY WE WERE TOO LATE
and that moose will probably open up a closed passage for you to advance the plot at some point. probably a huge block of ice or some collapsed trees
>>
>>321007860
>I hope they're controlled by the gyroscope instead of the analogue sticks.

Do both the PS4 and Xbox One controllers have a gyroscope?
>>
>>321007960
God, I keep forgetting it's coming to the Xbone, fucking why.

I don't know about the Xbone controller, but I think the PS4 one does.
>>
>>321005670
I see problems on both sides
>The trailers so far have shown almost nothing but gameplay
im not a game dev but i would think getting past developing the battle system,AI, etc. is the longest part of the dev cycle, and that when they are finished with that, developing the NPCs, worlds etc. should be a pretty smooth process and that we will get trailers with that once they've reached that point, hence why we've only seen SDG in the trailers.
>MUH WORLDS
The only worlds that have been shown are Twilight town, which has been there since the game was announced, and it has only been the same room, Mt.Olympus and Kingdom of Corona, which are obviously early game worlds, and they cant keep showing the same segment of TT so they need to show somewhere else to display more diverse gameplay, and Mysterious tower is a VERY small world and its also appearing in 2.8 so it would make sense that it be developed now. As said above when they get to developing worlds when they are ready, they just need a playground to fuck with SDG.
>The KH cast in the D23 trailer.
What many people don't understand is that it was said was a nostalgia montage of previous scenes from the game. Not in game KH3 footage, that would be a huge bombshell way too early for where the game is now, why would they show you shit you've already seen.
>The KH-tubers (X-Keepers)
While nobody in the KH-Community (including myself) is innocent of this, they over-analyze everything, they can see a blade of grass and get excited, and they get mad when they dont see the realese date or any story in the trailers, not to mention what they pulled with D23, but when anybody complains about the trailers, but they dont realize they do the same thing. Thats how the KH community is now and its getting sad.

and that's what i think
>>
>>321008092

Then probably not. Why would they map the controls so different for two consoles that are scarcely different beyond minor power and technical specs?
>>
>>320998945
I saw shotlocks and I was immediately worried Osaka Team was up to their old tricks again.

Still cautiously optimistic.
>>
>>321004682
>getting
It's already been one of the worst since forever
>>
>>321007432
The combat looks floaty and Sora's attacks look like they have no impact, not to mention that default 3 hit combo Sora does on one of the enemies at the Mysterious Tower looks identical to the default hit combo in BBS.

The other attack where hits a bunch of times in the air looked much more like KH2, so I'm hoping that the 3 hit combo is without any abilities equipped.
>>
>>320998945
>Buzz Lightyear ride
Does this mean he's in the game?
>>
>>321009102

Could be. He and Woody were supposed to be in KH2, but got canned for some reason.
>>
File: 1433901314942.jpg (28 KB, 542x670) Image search: [Google]
1433901314942.jpg
28 KB, 542x670
I still don't like his new gloves but I guess I have to accept it.
>>
>>321008276
not shotlocks flowmotion
>>
>>321004817
How the fuck does this guy have so many subs. He makes terrible videos and all his opinions are awful.
>>
>>321009879
Watch the trailer, they show a shotlock.
>>
File: Louis laugh.gif (176 KB, 170x200) Image search: [Google]
Louis laugh.gif
176 KB, 170x200
>Nomura still keeps going on about the series continuing

It's not that I don't believe him, but the man is crazy to not at least consider letting some time pass after the big finale. Sure, it's been a decade since the last proper main series entry after a parade of prequels, midquels, and semi-sequels. But I pray he doesn't get ahead of himself with trying to make KH as big as FF when the franchise is only just a little over 10 years old.
>>
>>321010053
those are flowmotion tho m8
>>
>>321010190
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cm-vO2i85Dk

0:30 Flowmotion

0:33 Shotlock

They're quite obviously different things
>>
>>321010545
the translation for those two options translate to
athletic flow and shooting flow it's a type of flowmotion bro
>>
>>321010545

After like 6 games, you'd think Sora would be like Goku from the end of DBZ revisiting his older fights and just curvestomping everything
>>
>>321010646
Well all right.
Name aside though, it still looks functionally exactly the same as shotlocks though.
It's probably some sort of hybrid.
>>
>>321000227
>you can only get one thread a day
>>
>>321010646

Still, they clearly seem to be taking elements from both things, which I think one of the interviews with Nomura has mentioned. That he wanted to blend some of the revolutionary mechanics from the recent games into this as it is the grand finale of the first saga.
>>
>>321003129
>KH3 HD kairi model
i'm expecting inevitable kairi panties threads and a model extraction
>>
>>321011814
>>321011417
Sounds like they basically merged the auxiliary functions for Shotlocks and Flowmotion into one without all the extra baggage attached.
>>
File: Link is pissed.png (1001 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Link is pissed.png
1001 KB, 1920x1080
>>321012025

>yfw they make it another weird void like the Final Mix/HD but on purpose
>>
>>321012129

That would be great. Take out the forced nature of QTEs, but keep the overall satisfying action they can bring. I mean hell, we know that QTEs are just glorified versions of what usually were just usually reactive movements the player would do themselves
>>
>>321009860

What's wrong with them?
>>
Looks amazing, so do the aesthetics. Wanna get a PS4 for this and XV. But my fear is if they announce it a year or so later on PC. Then I would have wasted money on the PS4. I hate this time exclusive shit that most console companies have. Nobody is going to fucking buy an Xbone for Tomb Raider alone you fucks, nor will console users get a PC for one game either. Just release that shit everywhere.
>>
>>321016019
I think the chances of a KH PC release are really low. XV is probably going to happen though.
>>
>>321016019

Somehow, I doubt KH will turn up on PC. While some of the spinoffs have been done on Nintendo handhelds, they've all wound up back on PlayStations in the end. Granted, since this is the first, and possibly only entry of the series to be on a Microsoft system, it's possible that it could go to PC should the demand arise. Of course, Square has always been weird about doing games on PC compared to Konami and Capcom
>>
>played every kingdom hearts there is on release
>been waiting for kingdom hearts 3 for 9 years
>osaka team
>90% of the game is riding attractions and go karts
>osaka team
>sora looks like he's made out of plastic
>osaka team
>open worlds
>osaka team
>combat looks muddy and uninteresting
>osaka team
>going to keep replaying kingdom hearts 2 final mix
>>
>>321017224
>90% of the traielrs is riding attractions and go karts
Fixed

>oh no a new feature of the game is being heavily marketed!
>that means the entire game is just that mechanic!
You must be the guy who said that KHII was press triangle to win because RCs were the new hotness.
>>
>>321017224
>been waiting for kingdom hearts 3 for 9 years
KH3 hasn't been in development for 9 years anon, you were waiting for the IDEA of KH3
>>
>>321018223

That's still waiting for 9 years you dingbat
>>
>>321018223
That's exactly what he meant asshat. Take your semantic bullshit and attempts to feel misguided superiority elsewhere.
>>
File: 1449087172798.png (402 KB, 1024x550) Image search: [Google]
1449087172798.png
402 KB, 1024x550
>>
>Shotlock and Flowmotion is back again
For fucks sake Osaka team, can't you make a fucking game without them. JUST USE DRIVES, THEY JUST WORK.
>>
>>321020982

I swear the golden thing with "1" under it looks like Maleficent and her horns.

>>321021094

And will you give a rest man? Flow and shotlock were just fine
>>
File: 1423848954629.jpg (390 KB, 1280x1361) Image search: [Google]
1423848954629.jpg
390 KB, 1280x1361
>>321021094
Nomura was thinking about doing them but he said that months ago.
>>321021334
That's Xehanort specifically the goat in his keyblade. Pic related.
>>
>>321021094
conceptually, Flowmotion is great and should fit KH like a glove.
They should just limit it so you can't just fly all over the worlds making exploration trivial.
>>
>>321021334
>Flow and shotlock were just fine
No they weren't. They're a fucking mess that equal free damage with long ass time of i-frames and can get you easily killed since Osaka team are fucking hacks that can't let anything have any hit stun.
>>
>>321021486
The worlds should also not just be gigantic empty spaces with nothing in them while pretending like Flowmotion completely changes everything when there's not a lot to explore. I'd rather take the more classic-style areas of KH1 over the boring expanses of 3D.
>>
>>321021486
Thing is, High jump, Aerial Jump, and Glide got you through maps pretty quickly. Flowmotion is just a nuisance in battle since if you try to dodge and you hit a wall, you're fucked.
>>
>>321021608

Says you
>>
>>321021334
Not that anon, but shotlocks were overpowered and flowmotion was guaranteed to get you killed in Critical mode in DDD. Anyone with a lick of sense turned off as much flowmotion as possible because it made walls and poles literally satan incarnate that always fucked up your combos and got you raped hard because you were still susceptible to Blind.

Oh wait, I forgot, not a single fucking person on this board has ever played DDD, let alone played Critical Mode.
>>
>>320999959
desu KH2 didn't have much weight behind it's attacks either. Only KH1 really felt impactful with every hit.
>>
>>321021786
Say me? Its a fucking fact. Play any game and Shotlock is free fucking damage with shitton of i-frames and you're rewarded with shotlock for doing NOTHING other than aim. The worse part is that focus comes back so quickly. Plus since Osaka team is retarded, if you get unlucky a boss or a heavy weight enemy can kill you after you get out of shotlock since they can just use they're big fuck you move and you can't dodge yet.
Flowmotion is just a piece of shit.
>>
File: SCARY.png (3 MB, 1849x890) Image search: [Google]
SCARY.png
3 MB, 1849x890
SPOOKY
>>
>>321021867

Well, who's to say they haven't refined them? The videos so far make it seem like the features have bee overhauled instead of just dumped into the new engine
>>
>>321021873
Have you not played the game?
>>
File: 1449176149416.gif (972 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
1449176149416.gif
972 KB, 500x376
>>321022035
>>
File: 1408728461796.gif (498 KB, 250x168) Image search: [Google]
1408728461796.gif
498 KB, 250x168
>only 3 worlds confirmed so far
>one has a single area shown only
>the other is olympuslol
>the other has zero footage

three disney worldsrevealed in a year and a half, gg
>>
>>321022061
Because its the Osaka team. They've done NOTHING good to say I should trust them. They're fucking garbage mechanics that should have stayed dead in BBS and DDD.
>>
>>321022179

Yea whatever, until we play it, no one can say if it'll be good or bad.
>>
File: ohwhale.jpg (48 KB, 640x454) Image search: [Google]
ohwhale.jpg
48 KB, 640x454
>>321022149
>>
>>321022079
Uh, I've played through the final mix version and the original version several times. The magic especially was weightless and the normal combat consisted mostly of quick light hits. The way they added "impact" was reaction commands and explosion.
>>
>>321022354
Thats true, but thats not the issue at hand. Its the dog shit flowmotion and shotlock that have came back.
>>
>>321022061
I myself am not saying it'll be shit guaranteed, but as long as they both can be completely forgoed and are wholly optional even for Critical Mode, then I'm fine with them, ultimately. I just won't use them, like with Flowmotion.

What I really hope is that magic goes back to being KH2:FM+-tier with combos, and BBS-tier in pure raw might and crazy. I would love to do another magic-only run and have as good of a time as I do in KH2FM+
>>
>>321021436
>game has shotlocks, flowmotion, AND possibly drive forms
>along with the new crazy ass theme park summons

I'm liking this game's potential
>>
>>321022474
So you never played the game? Got it
>>
>>321022491
Shotlock wasn't even a terrible mechanic, what? It's basically a super move that left you vulnerable while setting it up.
>>
>>320999047

you're a faggot, lol

>edgy teens love kingdom hearts
>>
File: 1448517168130.png (21 KB, 592x533) Image search: [Google]
1448517168130.png
21 KB, 592x533
>That music

No wonder M&L: Paper Jam's soundtrack is so boring, Yoko's putting all of her effort into KH3 instead.
>>
>>321022617
Vulnerable for a whole 1 second, Wow.
Its literally free damage for doing NOTHING and you get focus back very quickly.
>>
>>321022585
The most predictable response from a person with no counter-argument? Got it.
>>
>>321022652
That and FFXV. Somnus is top notch.
>>
File: 1360256380267.png (72 KB, 394x397) Image search: [Google]
1360256380267.png
72 KB, 394x397
>>321021873

What? Dude, Magic is fucking great in all of the games. You can go into Wisdom or Final Form and clear whole rooms with nothing but Firaga and Thundaga.

Stop trying to sound knowledgeable when you just fucking aren't.
>>
>>321022693
You brought no argument. You've shown you have no understanding of the game, meaning you haven't played it.
>>
>>321022652
You mean the tracks that have been in the series for several games?
>>
>>321022652
Nothing in that trailer was new
>>
Should have removed Flowmotion completely, it was by far the worst movement and combat feature of DDD. KH2 had it basically perfect, fast but limited movement options with short CDs and not permanently in the air.
>>
>>321022994

You can keep saying it was bad, doesn't make it true or the overall sentiment
>>
>>321022994
I agree.
Prime example why Flowmotion is complete dogshit.
Sora bossrush in Traverse Town
>>
After seeing all that Sora can do so far in the trailer, I'm glad reaction commands are out because that would just feel like too much.
>>
>>321023131
I wasn't aware the overall sentiment was the opposite, people actually liked Flowmotion? What? I didn't read the thread so if that's the case what the fuck is wrong with you fags?
>>
>>321023131
A large majority that have played DDD didn't like it.
>>
>>321023252
Not him but Flowmotion has been hated for a while .
>>
>>321023329

Not by everyone, though. Plenty enjoyed it
>>
>>321023250
Thats because Osaka team is a that keep their shit in their games.
>>
>>321023252
I think it looks cool but makes the game too easy. My sister is a casual and she still hated it.
>>
>>321023398
Majority disliked it and/or don't want it again.
>>
>>320998945
I think I got over KH years ago. I was about 18 when the first came out. I'm 33 now. No matter the starting point, that is a huge fucking gap and neither main game was good enough to deserve rabid attention. I only played 2 of the side games, both sucked.

I would give a tiny shit if the plots weren't Jap retardation.
>>
>>321003129
>tfw there probably gonna censor kairis panties
it is sadness
>>
File: 1448885664366.gif (225 KB, 200x198) Image search: [Google]
1448885664366.gif
225 KB, 200x198
>>321010545
That neutral running animation gives me such a boner, it's just so full of eye candy watching his hair poof everywhere while going extremely fast. Fuck all the movement options are just as awesome. I'm going to spend all my time parkouring over everything like it was Spiderman 2, fuck I'm so hyped for this game.
>>
>>321023503

Yea, no. If the majority really hated it, it wouldn't be clearly back in the new game
>>
>>321023512
I was 15, which was the prime age to love the edgy shit in these games. Looking back i wished i could punch myself.
>>
>>321023695
With that backwards ass logic, I guess drives were hated more than shotlock and flowmotion :^)

But no, its just osaka team being the shitter team again.
>>
File: 20151221_233444[1].jpg (904 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
20151221_233444[1].jpg
904 KB, 2560x1440
>>321022792
Right. Haha. You got me, I've clearly never played these games before
>>
>>321023512
>giving a shit about the plot
C'mon gramps. If you didn't like how they played don't look back.
>>
>>321023897
Then you're just a retard that doesn't understand how the game works and more than likely played on babby mode.
>>
>>321023857

There's nothing backwards about it. You've got nothing to prove it was hated more than it was enjoyed. If the hatred was indeed the majority, they would have taken notice and not brought the mechanic back
>>
>>321023503
>>321023252
The problem with Flowmotion was that it was haphazardly placed into the game and turned into something that wasn't really balanced well. The environments were large but there was just some scattered chests around to grab, nothing to really notably gun for besides a handful of commands in chests. In combat, early game it's easy to spam and wipe out the weaker enemies, but later on you're better on using Flowmotion for evasion because it loses efficiency so fast it's not even funny.

The idea of a more generalized movement system that can chain into combat well is genuinely a cool idea, especially considering the movement abilities in KH2 were easily missable because not everyone grinded up their Forms. It's just that 3D didn't quite know what to do with the function.
>>
>>321023897
>no timestamp
sure thing friendo
>>
>>321024049

They'll probably fix that for the HD remake, especially since they're using something to it in KH3
>>
>>321024007
>All this projecting

Look m8 I love these games just as much as you, but I also can point out things that I didn't like about them. It's called not being blinded by nostalgia.

>>321024074
>He can't see the posts from this thread in the background

Get your eyes checked bro.
>>
>>321024019
There has been lots of mechanics that have been hated thats been put back in. One of the most notable being that enemies don't fucking flinch when you hit them with your keyblade in BBS and DDD. But they keep making dogshit mechanics that people will defend because they're fucking retards.
>>
>>321024215
Dude. I can't really explain KH2 impact, but if you've played KH2 and then BBS/DDD you would understand. Not to mention the whole revenge value stuff in KH2 that they dropped in BBS and DDD.
>>
>>321024212
It isn't a remake, though. It's just a remaster, like Birth By Sleep in the 2.5 collection. They'll probably tweak certain things since 3D was a bit of an oddball game, but I expect it to otherwise be 1:1 besides using the PS4 touchpad for the Reality Shift things or whatever.

I'm not even expecting them to remedy the Drop gauge or the fact that you can't even use items without setting them to a deck.
>>
>>321017224
What's so wrong with Osaka team?
>>
the one thing i want in kh3 is a reason to play after i beat it.
>>
>>321024437
They made BBS and DDD and are making KH3.
>>
>>321024342
I wasn't trying to say KH2 had NO IMPACT, I just feel like they were already on the downslope in terms of impact after KH1.
>>
>>321024375

Except they said it will be essentially a remake, since they're using assets from KH3, not to mention having to reconfigure things since the original 3D was made specifically for 3DS

>>321024227

Or because they like them. But nice to see you can make compelling arguments. Oh wait.
>>
>>321024437
they make garbage games senpai
no jk, KH "hardcore bros" like to complain about osaka team cause when you hit with a keyblade it doesnt feel as strong as it did in KH1
>>
>>321024485
Dude you can do more air combos and have enemies slide across the room in KH2. You can't in KH1.
>>321024495
You literally have no arguements on why shotlock or flowmotion is good other than their "fun"
>>
>>321024467
Here's the thing. BBS and 3D were both trying to do their own thing as handheld games. Now I may not be some super analytical fan, I never did beat KH2 on Critical although I got damn far, but KH3 is looking a whole lot more closer to KH2 than the handheld games, just with the Shotlock and Flowmotion brought back over. Hell, the aggressive playstyle of KH2 by flinging magics and using your ability combos seems to be intact to me.
>>
>>321024467
But BBS is the best KH entry along with KH1
>>
>>321024649

And saying "they're shit" isn't much of a better counterpoint
>>
>>321024697
Maybe if you're a drooling retard
>>
>>321024495
>Except they said it will be essentially a remake, since they're using assets from KH3, not to mention having to reconfigure things since the original 3D was made specifically for 3DS

I don't remember hearing that anywhere. From the trailers they've shown, it looks exactly like an up-ressed version of the original game. Judging by the wiki, it seems it's just a "significant configuration overhaul" since the 3DS button layout and touchscreen are quite a bit different from a PS4 controller, not to mention playing the game on a TV rather than on the 3DS might cause other tweaks for that regard.
>>
>>321024649
Let's just say KH1 and KH2 have completely different ideas of impact. KH2 is more focused on hitting a lot and doing a lot of damage very quickly, while KH1 is more focused on less hits with more weight behind them. That's the point I was trying describe.
>>
>>321024821
They're easy as shit mechanics that aren't hard to use that give easy free damage as well as make you invincible and focus is gain back very fast.
Flowmotion gets you killed more than helps in later games when you need to dodge but hit a wall or a lamp and your shit out of luck.
Thats why they're dog shit.
>>
>>321024437
This guy explains it perfectly, basically:

>Osaka games are stupidly unbalanced and encouraged you to exploit it
>Defensive options were broken (literally 100% invincibility uptime if you maxed Aqua's cartwheel or Ventus's roll)
>Too much clunky and floatiness that goes into standard combos which don't feel satisfying to play
>No revenge value mechanic, meaning enemies and boss often didn't stagger from your attacks and just attack you randomly with no way to identify an opening

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2gC0UzCffw
>>
>>321025072
You know, you should have said weight of weapons first than impact of them. Because the finishers in KH2 hit quite hard.
>>
Osaka has some really neat ideas, notably the magic/limit spells (Re:CoM) and melding (BBS). But the core gameplay is so slow and floaty and it seems like there's no reason behind it except for the sake of looking flashy, this must be how Melee fags felt when they played Brawl or Sm4sh

That said I still had fun with their games, I found BBS as replayable as 2FM. DDD is a shitfest in every possible way though.
>>
Where are the drive forms?
>>
>>321025132

And yet we can see they don't play the same in the trailer. And flow was fine for plenty of people who got used to it. You can say it fucked up everyone, but that's not true
>>
>>321025224
Melding is cool, but is so broken. You can get OP spells so quickly due to it.
>>
>>321025220
Probably, and that probably would've avoided all this. It's just when I think of impact, weightiness is a big part of that.
>>
>>321025348
I find it beyond hard to believe no one died on the sora bossrush from flowmotion. Unless they played on easy than lol.
>>
>>321017131
Why is KH3 on Xbox One? Nobody is going to buy it for that.
>>
>>321025370
Yeah, I love the Idea. But they have to branch it out much, much more to have you actually earn the spell or ability. I wonder if that's what they tried to do with tying abilites with Dream Eaters in DDD.

What I think they should have done is have to level them up in bizarre and unique ways like how you did for your growth abilities in 2, and your finishers in BBS.
>>
>>321025527

Probably to ensure sufficient sales. Considering the console market isn't nearly as good as was during the PS2 era where exclusives were more commonplace, they probably wanted to ensure the game gets the sales they expect. Though it is pretty weird they're leaving the majority of the franchise on PS3, essentially meaning Xbone owners either have to get one to catch up, or watch 22 hour movies to learn up on every critical plot point thus far
>>
File: kh3_1.webm (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
kh3_1.webm
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>
>>321024437
poor balance and standard combos feel floaty and shitty and have no impact.
Battles came down to how much you could spam invincibility frames.

Many enemies and bosses would randomly break out of hitstun and in DDD many enemies just straight up didn't take any hitstun at all.
>>
File: kh3_2.webm (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
kh3_2.webm
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>321025897
>>
>>321010730
It's not like Sora is a particularly powerful keyblade wielder or anything. Nigga aint much with his friends.
>>
>>321026237
>*without his friends
>>
>>321025897
Those floofy dandelion Heartless are adorable.
>>
>>321026237
sora is fucking dogshit
cant even into keyblade master like wtf
>>
File: kh3_4.webm (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
kh3_4.webm
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>321026040
>>
>>321026040
It's funny that it still looks like shit
>>
>>321026353
I wonder if they had him fail purely because they really want to do a Star Wars world and Sora will draw comparisons between himself and Darth Vader.
>>
Ok my friend convinced to me to try this series recently. I think its pretty fun now BUT WHY THE FUCK IS THE PLOT SUCH A CLUSTER FUCK?
>>
File: b0001.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
b0001.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>321026440
looks fine to me
>>
>>321026440
I really hope they fix Sora. He looks like shit in UE4 with this new model.
>>
>>321025897
>Donald still being a useless fuck

Staying true to our roots.
>>321026481
That was pretty much Terra in BbS.
>>321026547
What do you need explained?
>>
>>321026481

Wouldn't Riku be the one with better comparisons? He was destined for the keyblade originally, fell to the "dark side", and then redeemed himself after a tragic transformation. Hell, only difference is he got to live after his redemption instead of dying and having his face photoshopped over with Hayden Christianson
>>
>>321026547
The plot is a clusterfuck to get you to buy the bajillion side games they've put out that explain the plot holes.
>>
>>321026634
Mostly the DDD stuff, I think I have a decent grasp on everything else after watching like 40 minutes of plot summaries and reading a 30 page document.
>>
>>321026547
>WHY THE FUCK IS THE PLOT SUCH A CLUSTER FUCK?
It's not, really.
>>
>>321026547
Because it was only supposed to be a one-off, so the story of 1 is pretty self-contained.

Then they asked Nomura to make a proposal for a sequel and he made a super edgy cgi sequence to linkin park music, which got passed through so he thought he would make the whole thing super fucking edgy and made Chain of Memories and 2.

He finally started hearing feedback about how dumb the story was after 2 and plotted out BBS and some of the handheld titles to try and do some damage control.

Then he fucking gave up trying to piece it all back together and just said fuck it adding time travel and just going cuhrayzee with the story and powerlevels.
>>
>>321026624
I saw someone do a comparison of his in battle and out battle HUD face and he actually looks a lot better and in the non-battle sprite. I mean it was a little lower quality but I could tell a difference. But going off of that, a lot of the character models look off either in terms of actual design or in terms of textures seeming to be missing. I think someone said that Goofy noticibly had something missing on him.
>>321026760
>plot hole
Okay, I'll bite, which ones.
>>
I'm concerned over having only seen Sora gameplay

I was hoping we'd get to play some if not all of the other 'warrior's of light', with slightly altered play styles
>>
>>321026795
>30 page document.
If you're talking about the one I think you are, that one isn't particularly well written. I will give it to you, the time travel as contained as it is in 3D, is kind of stupid. But overall the series is fairly easy to get.
>>
File: 200px-Sora_KHHD.png (529 KB, 1168x487) Image search: [Google]
200px-Sora_KHHD.png
529 KB, 1168x487
>>321026869
They just look like something a fanboy would make, like this shit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTfrKOQFPNA

I pray that it's just hyped up alpha footage and the game ends up actually looking like it has an art style instead of just being stock Unreal with no love put into the art.

It's not that it looks terrible, it just doesn't look like Kingdom Hearts.
>>
>>321026976
Nah that was never going to happen.
>>
I really, really hope they change the HUD portraits back to 2D art instead of the ugly jpgs of their models
>>
>>321025158
The handheld Kingdom Hearts games deserve to be hated on.
>>
>>321025158
Heh, thanks. I remember hardcore Nintendo fans mentioning the Kingdom Hearts game on their system was actually way better than the PS2 counterpart. Fanboys man.
>>
>>321027010

Only real problem with that is the contrast of Link's somewhat cartoonish appearance and the bits of semi-realism in the foliage and rocks.
>>
>>321027117
BBS and DDD are pretty darn solid.

ReCoded too.
>>
>>321027010
the only thing bad is the out of place plaid
>>
>>321026826
>Then they asked Nomura to make a proposal for a sequel and he made a super edgy cgi sequence to linkin park music
What? Are you talking about Another Side, Another Story...?

Nobody asked him to do that. He did it himself. It was a combinations of ideas that he had for a potential sequel if KH1 was successful enough.

>edgy
>powerlevels
>time travel was him saying "fuck it"
Do you even play these games? Fuckin' A dude
>>
File: 1439724024907.gif (186 KB, 536x428) Image search: [Google]
1439724024907.gif
186 KB, 536x428
>>321027010
Compare the Buzz Lightyear ride in the screen shot they released with the background. Sora and co. look like they're not done wit their textures and/or they've still haven't showed the Kingdom Shader. I'm thinking that last part is likely because I believe there are a couple of interviews that say/imply this. Riku is/was missing stuff on his vest in 2.8 screen that they had first shown.
>>
>>321027229
>Do you even play these games? Fuckin' A dude

Don't be such a contrarian.
Yes, the game was fucking edgy
>DARKNESS DARKNESS DARKNESS
is a real fucking thing.

>powerlevels
Sora is now doing flippy shit all over the place in a way that very clearly breaks the consistency of motion and control in the game.

>time travel
is definitely Nomura saying "fuck it"
>>
>>321027212
The model is very low quality and his face looks nothing like it should, the concept on the right was perfect and consistent with the previous games.

>>321027261
This is bad too though, it's like what happened to Star Ocean 3 > 4 in that the characters are now generic as fuck looking with awful shaders applied to them making them look like plastic. New Japanese artists must be mental or something.
>>
>>321026353
nigga got hijacked and royally fucked over outside of his control
>>
>>321027405
>they say darkness so that makes it edgy
Jesus H Christ

>Sora is now doing flippy shit all over the place in a way that very clearly breaks the consistency of motion and control in the game.
That's not even powerlevels shit, he's just gotten really mobile.
How does it "break consistency" anyway? What do you even mean by that?

>is definitely Nomura saying "fuck it"
Not if you actually pay attention to how it's orchestrated, and the fact that it was foreshadowed in BbS.
>>
>>321027261

It's certainly possible. If you think back to a lot of Square games and their trailer vids, there's always a difference in the quality even if the engine never changed
>>
>>321027540
>his face looks nothing like it should,
I swear the main problem is that his nose is way longer than it used to be. Riku has that same problem.
>>321027582
That's Xehanort's super secret power. If you know him or come in contact with him at all, he will fuck you over.
>>
File: DOOL WEEL.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
DOOL WEEL.webm
2 MB, 640x360
>>321001808
>>
Why is Axel not dead and now has a keyblade?
>>
>>321027683
His face is wider and the hair is different too. It doesn't look like him at all.
>>
>>321027718
Because being turned into a Heartless/Nobody and subsequently being defeated as those is not the same as dying in this series and because they need 7 keyblade wielders go against Xehanort.
>>
File: 1443355054975.jpg (169 KB, 500x269) Image search: [Google]
1443355054975.jpg
169 KB, 500x269
>>321027838
Well yeah they straight up say that they gave him a haircut/he gets one to make his hair less wild.
>>
>>321027718
If a Keyblader kills a person's Heartless and Nobody, it resurrects the person back into their living form. He revived several of the Org XII members this way, predominantly Axel. .. except this also revived Xehanort in full as well.

As for the Keyblade, Lea messing with Ventus' wooden Keyblade in BBS was basically all the foreshadowing you get.
>>
File: IMG_20151025_224916.jpg (119 KB, 943x906) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151025_224916.jpg
119 KB, 943x906
I just want a new new trailer, one that doesn't feel like a tech demo having the tangled world with combat going on.
>>
>>321027964
Looks like shit and the model is objectively downloaded.

Pre-order cancelled.
>>
File: kylereese.gif (55 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
kylereese.gif
55 KB, 320x240
>Playing through BBS again
>Mfw I realized in the first KHIII trailer, Sora had Eraqus' Keyblade
>>
>>321028064
no one cares that you made a mistake you asspie
>>
>>321028107
Okay whitey.
>>
File: 1450398393800.png (124 KB, 262x288) Image search: [Google]
1450398393800.png
124 KB, 262x288
>>321028064
>There were people that didn't immediately know it was KH3 when that popped up
>>
>>321028032
>model is objectively downloaded.

The fuck does that even mean? That's not fucking English, mate
>>
>>321027985
Next E3 baka desu senpai
>>
>>321028236
You're fooling yourself.
>>
>>321028167
>there are people who legitimately didn't realize it was KH3 when they saw the brief, fancier looking part of Destiny Islands

almost as bad as when people thought the FF7 Cloud for Smash trailer was a Star Fox reveal at first despite not recognizing the music or factors involved
>>
File: 1424990143883.jpg (311 KB, 1280x997) Image search: [Google]
1424990143883.jpg
311 KB, 1280x997
When will we see the true antagonist of Kingdom Hearts, Xigbar?
>>
>>321028236
>baka desu senpai
Why does this make me laugh
>>
File: 1426163020014.gif (716 KB, 500x289) Image search: [Google]
1426163020014.gif
716 KB, 500x289
Wow they need to fix Mickey.
>>
>>321029276
Mickey's been on a new dieting plan
Just so he could look a little more mousey
>>
>>321029574
He probably picked up an eating disorder out of guilt for leaving Aqua in the Realm of Darkness.
>>
>>321029276
I want to know why the fuck he left her there, and also how we're summoning Hitler.
>>
>>321031292
Literally stopped being funny after the first screencap
>>
>>321031292
>Aqua and Mickey looking for a way out
>They find a way out but it's one time use or something
>They use it
>Something follows them and fucks Mickey up
>starts falling back into darkness
>Aqua sacrifices herself again
>Mickey gets amnesia and forgets about her until KH3 rolls around
>>
>>321031292
>why the fuck he left her there
It sort of depends on when they met. He was in the RoD twice.

The second time, Mickey and Riku are saved from the RoD by DiZ, who very well could have just left Aqua.

It may just be a simple case of being separated.

>>321033420
>Mickey gets amnesia and forgets about her until KH3 rolls around
There's nothing to support this, particularly when Naminé gave Mickey and Data-Sora the memories tied to TAV.
Also he talks about them in DDD.

As for why he didn't go back for her, he's been kind of busy since KH1.
>>
>>321033814
It would be hilarious if she pissed off DiZ and he told her to go fuck herself and left her there only for her to find him as an amnesiac months later.
>>
>>321022652
It's a reused music from KH2FM from 2.5HD

We haven't heard any of her new music for KH3 yet

She's still busy making the god tier FFXV OST
>>
>>321036162
Realistically, with XV so close to release, she probably already has the soundtrack finished.

Or at least, the majority of it. I imagine they have the entirety of the "content" finished by now, so they should have all of the music to accompany it.

I also notice that FFVIIR doesn't have a composer listed yet.
Since Nomura is directing I'm tempted to assume Shimomura will be on the project but at the same time I don't think she can do all of these huge projects at once (hell, even Nomura barely can).
>>
>>321036394
She most likely has composed all the tracks already but they haven't all been recorded in the studio yet or mastered either

For example the Dawn trailer music was recorded 2 weeks before the Dawn trailer itself was shown, the JF15 track also just a few weeks before the trailer was shown at Jump Festa last year
>>
>>321033814

It could always be that the longer you stay in the realm, the harder it is to escape. Aqua has been in there far longer than anyone, even DiZ/Ansem.
>>
I just hope they keep using "Simple And Clean" for music.
>>
>>321037286
I had hoped that with a new "numbered" title, an entirely new theme would be used for the intro/credits.

But at this point if Simple and Clean/Sanctuary isn't used, someone might revolt.
>>
>>321037409
Let them revolt, we need a new song Nomura can use a million times.
>>
>>321037409
Utada is coming back to music.

Only two outcomes are acceptable.
>new Utada theme
>Passion KINGDOM Orchestra Ver. to match DDD using Hikari
>>
>>321037409
That song just really tugs at the heartstrings, man. I play so much violent and bloody shit and I just hear intense "E-E-OH-E-E" but then playing that game and listening to that song really is quite pleasing.
>>
>>321003129
Riku looks like a generic NPC, I hate it.
>>
>>321037535

She left music? I only recall something about Square fucking her over with residuals or some such and she was for a time not set to come back for the game theme
>>
>>321038705
She hasn't been making music for years dude.
>>
>>321038705
She married a bartender/NEET
>>
>>321038837
>>321039180

Doesn't mean she left, plenty of artists take long break but aren't technically out of the biz
>>
File: Olette sad.gif (491 KB, 500x255) Image search: [Google]
Olette sad.gif
491 KB, 500x255
Will we see a return of best gril?
>>
>>321040538
She's severely underrated.
>>
File: Larxene laugh.gif (862 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Larxene laugh.gif
862 KB, 320x240
>>321040624

Pretty much true for any girl who didn't have a keyblade. Hell, Selphie might not even feature in KHIII since she barely even had relevance in the first two games beyond just adding to the atmosphere of the island being a place for kids to hang
>>
File: khpredictions.jpg (499 KB, 2736x1080) Image search: [Google]
khpredictions.jpg
499 KB, 2736x1080
what worlds do you want in KH? Keep in mind that Fantasia, Tangled, Hercules, and Big Hero 6 are all confirmed, with The Jungle Book and Frozen being extremely likely.
>>
>>321041635
>Fantasia
That isn't confirmed.

Rather, the lack of the sheet music in the Mysterious Tower in the future suggests that it absolutely won't be there.

Hell, Mysterious Tower probably won't be connected to Twilight Town either.
It moves around, you know.

>that image
>literally no original worlds except Twilight Town
Also what the fuck is Destino?
>>
File: Xanatos.jpg (52 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Xanatos.jpg
52 KB, 640x480
>>321041635

Gargoyles for sure.

>Set in a loose continuation of the second season
>Xanatos is friendlier, but still has his dreams of immortality
>Researches darkness and all that shit, nearly killing everyone
>All the cast members return
>Entire scenario is headed up by Greg Weisman to make it as authentic to the series as possible
>>
>>321041862
>Also what the fuck is Destino?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GFkN4deuZU
>>
>>321041862

Or you know, they just didn't put the sheet in since they're still making the game
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.