[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/0 7/29/plucky-little-guys-
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: Alph&Rock.png (56 KB, 200x219) Image search: [Google]
Alph&Rock.png
56 KB, 200x219
http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/07/29/plucky-little-guys-olimar-and-alph-in-smash-4/
Poor guy.

Should they have just given him a spot?
>>
>>320988334
no the less clones the better. Dark Pit, Lucina, and Dr. Mario should have stayed costumes, too.
>>
No since nobody cares
>>
>>320988334
Eeehhh kind of a tough question. I feel like Dark Pit, Doc, and Lucina were pointlessly given their own spots. They're so similar to their counterparts that one's inclusion will invalidate the other's. I'd rather they have not done it in the first place, but since they did, it's kind of unfair to Alph and the Pikmin franchise.
>>
>>320989083
>Lucina
Marketing
>Dark Pit
Bias
>Dr.Mario
Appeasing the Melee crowd

All of the clones had their reasons for being included, albeit terrible ones. Alph doesn't have any such reason.
>>
>>320989368
>Alph
Marketing
>>
He's not from Fire Emblem, so no.
>>
>>320988334
Would've been better than both Lucina and Dark Pit, probably Doc as well (mainly because Doc plays like ass)
>>
>>320988334
I say all or nothing, should have either had the 4 clones or none. Would have liked to see him use Rocks instead of purples and no whites and pluck them in a different order like
>Red>Rock>Yellow>Blue (The order you find them in game minus Flying)
Would have liked him more than DP or Lucina and Least Doc was in a past game and have a unique move
>>
File: 1408594744464.jpg (90 KB, 475x339) Image search: [Google]
1408594744464.jpg
90 KB, 475x339
I always figured different Pikmin types would be used for Olimar's Custom N. Special, though long since the custom moves were revealed did I realize I was too hopeful for their potential.

Winged and Rock Pikmin would swap out the White and Purple ones in one set, and another set would only have Red, Yellow, and Blue Pikmin in it. Each set would represent the different Pikmin available in each game. Admittedly Purple and White Pikmin are pretty powerful to begin with, but I think having only three types to rotate through would be helpful for beginners.

Alph doesn't really have anything special going for him as a character aside from the Pikmin he uses, and the Pikmin are versatile enough to swap around for one Pikmin representative.
>>
I'd rather play as Charlie, to be honest.
>>
>>320990015
>not Brittany
>>
>>320988334
Sure. And while they're at it, give Pichu his own spot with the other clones just for fucking lols
>>
>When using Forward Smash near the ledge, Pikmin thrown will stop in midair
Uhhhh no they don't. They can still fly off the ledge. I wonder if making sure Olimar had absolutely no potential was part of their plan.
>>
Remember: it only takes 0 effort and time to make if it's edgy pit and lucina
>>
>>320990015
>>320991083
No an alt costume for everyone
>Louie
>President
>Alph
>Brittany
>Charlie
>>
>>320993610
I'm really annoyed they didn't do this kind of thing for a lot of character. Is Bowser Jr. the only one?
>>
>>320988334
Should have just replaced purple pikmin with rock pikmin when you use alph like the koopalings
>>
>>320988775
After the way Doc plays...kinda with ya. But I do love his dair.
>>
I'm mostly bothered that he's completely mute and has no facial expressions. He looks like a plastic toy next to the other expressive characters, and he's a complete chatterbox in Pikmin 3.
>>
>>320988334
TOO SMALL
>>
File: whooAAAHHH.png (180 KB, 599x484) Image search: [Google]
whooAAAHHH.png
180 KB, 599x484
>>320995025
Imagine if Olimar had his voice in Smash.
>>
>>320995501
Deep and sexy
>>
>>320989471
>Marketing
you can't market a game that was out of print at the time of Smash 4's release
>>
>>320995929
Digital download
>>
I have genuinely never seen anyone play with the Alph alt
Do these players exist?
>>
>>320995929
Tell that to Awakening.

You see, it's funny, because physical copies were hard to find.
>>
>>320996575
When I want to frustrate myself by playing as Olimar, I use the normal Alph alt.
>>
File: 1310977057818.jpg (70 KB, 630x579) Image search: [Google]
1310977057818.jpg
70 KB, 630x579
>>320995770
So, like Meta Knight's then?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.