[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
about to play this for the first time. Any advice? i never played
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: guide_screen_ds2.jpg (493 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
guide_screen_ds2.jpg
493 KB, 1920x1200
about to play this for the first time. Any advice? i never played and of the souls game
>>
>>320977194
Hope you got schollar of sin version
It has better enemy placement
Basic advice is go close to each enemy whit a shield up to initialite an attack from them then quickly move back, to see their attack pettern, once he's finished his attack sack him one.

That's a good way to get used to new enemies.
>>
>>320977194
hmmm. don't start with ds2. try demon's souls first.
>>
>>320977194
Also careful on overcommiting your attacks
Asome of the time you will only have room for 1 attack before moving away again.
>>
>>320978205
which is better? I only have 3 weeks to play a game before next semester :(
>>
Which is better, Dark Souls 2 or Lords of the Fallen?
>>
>>320977194
Skip that turd and play a real souls game.
>>
>>320977194
Use a rapier or mace at the start.

Save your twinkling titanite. Once you get to the Undead Crypt, grind out two Blue Flames from the hooded sword ghosts, then upgrade them to +5 and have McDuff infuse them with magic using Faintstones. Head back to the three old ladies in the hut and use a Soul Vessel to respec yourself to 20 str and 22 dex. Pump a ton of points into Int - you want at least 40 though 50 makes some things easier. Give yourself some Attunement, too, so you can cast spells.

Dual wield the Blue Flames. Powerstance them by holding triangle for a second and swinging with L1. Don't use a shield. Cast spells with R2. Try to buff both blades with magic weapon.

Also don't sell any weapons you think you might use. Soul Vessels are an amazing thing that let you respec at any time, meaning that your only restriction for builds is the gear you have to go with them. So keep anything you think looks fun around, don't wheel and deal it away.

>>320978205
This anon is right if you have the luxury since you won't appreciate DeS as much after playing the later games, but...

>>320978327
Demons Souls has not aged well. If you have little time go with Dark Souls 2.
>>
>>320977194
Kill the dogs first
>>
You should know that pressing forward and fast attack will allow you a new move that bashes enemy shield away
The strong attack+forward will allow you to do a jump attack but you don't need that one at the beginning
>>
>>320977194
There is a big stone at the resting area with the houses. Don't join its covenant.
Don't be too conservative with the healing items you have at the beginning, you won't be using them for long.
>>
>>320977194
Advice?

Sell or refund your copy of DSII and get DeS or DaS1 instead.
>>
>>320979843
the jump attack is really fucking useful at all stages of the game
>>320977194
If you see a regular enemy (not a boss) that is too powerful for you to beat, just ignore them and try it later again. Also some bosses are optional and only lead to dead ends, try other paths if you have trouble beating them.
>>
My advice is play Dark Souls (1) instead.
>>
>>320977194
Ds2 was my entry to the series and it really didn't impress me. I quit half way through and only came back after beating dark souls 1
>>
File: 1393169574197.jpg (315 KB, 1000x878) Image search: [Google]
1393169574197.jpg
315 KB, 1000x878
Make sure to go and play Dark Souls at least once if you can, to understand a few references in DS2.
>>
>>320980206
Not for a beginner
All he will do is fuck it up and get hit when recovering from the regular attack animation
The shield bash is better because of those shielded enemies with spears since all the will do usually is circle you with their shield up.
>>
>>320981002
kek
then he might as well hide behind a shield for the whole game. People like you shouldn't give advice, all you do is keep new players from developing.
>>
>>320977194
Play a better game. Demon's Souls if you have a PS3, otherwise Dark Souls 1.
>>
>>320977194
dude this is perfect, play this one first because its shit, after this all the others will feel even better than they are, good plan anon.
>>
>>320978327
Dark Souls 1 is the most agreed upon best Souls game in the franchise. If you can you should play that one.
>>
>>320981723
>>320981614
>>320981518

are there any weird versions like sin version or anything or just straight dark souls 1
>>
>>320981405
Oh fuck off I finished the game without the need of the jump attack and its pretty fucking easy since moving back and forth is fast enough in the game without jumping.
No for pve you definetly don't need it. For PvP yes but not for pve since your DPS is way higher without it.
Stop giving shit advice to newbies
>>
>>320978327
DS II is the one with the most flaws (still decent, though), and it's also the longest. If you only have 3 weeks, you might wanna go with Dark Souls 1 (good balance between polish, design and length) or Demon's Souls (extremely polished and the shortest of the three).
>>
Don't listen to advice and play it however you feel like
>>
>>320981859
Assuming you're playing it on PC then it will come with the DLC, if on console I guess you may have to buy the DLC.
>>
>>320981951
Whether you "need" it or not is irrelevant, it is a useful skill therefore you should learn it. Jump attacking is seriously not that difficult. If we were talking parrying you'd be right since the timing to that takes a lot of work to get down but jump attacks? Come on man.
>>
>>320982091
>>320981859
on console you do have to buy the DLC (ten bucs I think?), unless they started selling a prepare to die edition that I'm unaware of.
>>
>>320982336
Yeah, I think it's a useful skill especially for slow tank characters or when wielding a slow but strong weapon.
>>
>>320982336
Jesus fucking Christ man I said he should use shield bash
The jump attack is hardly different to use
If he masters one he will master the other. Point is he doesn't need it at all in pve. There is not a single enemy in the game you can't get fast enough to between attacks simply by just moving regularly towards them and attacking.
He doesn't need it at the beginning.
>>
>>320980771
>understand a few references.
You know there aren't that many at all. besides the old souls from the big four and an armor set or two it really doesn't draw that much from the first. Oh, and the dragonslayer, he comes back but its shitty you couldn't get his armor in 2.
>>
- Get 20 Adaptability, you need it for a decent roll.
- The saint lady from Heide's will move to a cave in Majula, you need to find her to access half of the game.
- Don't open the door where the pyromancer girl is, let her move to Majula first.
- Raw Santier's Spear is the best PvE weapon in the game.
>>
>>320982961
I think that talking cat in Majula makes a few references to what happened in the undead asylum.
>>
Any advice on a build based around Guts from Berserk? Want to try a new play style before Dark Souls 3 comes out.
>>
>>320983803
Get a greatsword
spec strength
done
>>
>>320983803
you want strength, and the sword that looks closest to gut's sword is the crypt black sword, so you will want to invest in some int and faith
http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Crypt+Blacksword
>>
>Any advice? i
"Illusory wall ahead" is always a lie.
>>
>>320978327
>which is better?
None, really.
DeS is quite short and the easiest.
DaS 2 is way less inspired and has some really annoying shit in it, but is immensly bigger. SOTFS fixes quite a bit, vanilla DaS 2 is the worst Souls game.
>>
File: 16601780650_97913f9da7_o.jpg (1 MB, 1485x1980) Image search: [Google]
16601780650_97913f9da7_o.jpg
1 MB, 1485x1980
rip thread, it was fun while it lasted
>>
File: 1419467387854.jpg (76 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1419467387854.jpg
76 KB, 500x500
>>320977194
Dark Souls 1 first.

No memes, just do it.
>>
>>320977194
I thought I had a problem with this game because everything about this game was bad. I thought I was a bit overhyped and could only see the negative things.
But a friend of mine played this first, hated it and now is playing 1 and loving the shit out of it.
So there's that
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.