[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BG & Icewind Dale Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: Icewind_dale_1_box_shot.jpg (35 KB, 303x401) Image search: [Google]
Icewind_dale_1_box_shot.jpg
35 KB, 303x401
Does this game get good in later stages? This game seems a drag. I'm currently trying to find the source of the poison vile and this game seems so slow paced. I'm forced to use ranged for like 99% of battles. Even Mage has to use the sling.

Also, BG and Icewind Dale discussion in general.
>>
My party currently in ID

>Paladin: Tank and a group leader
>Fighter: 2H Sword & Crossbow
>Ranger: Bows & Dagger
>Cleric
>Mage
>Thief / Fighter: Short Swords & Slings
>>
If you aren't a fan of DnD and its rules then you won't like these games. Simple as that.

That being said, the early levels are tough for DnD cuz your party is low level and can't take more than a couple hits. You gotta strategize, position, plan, and probably save scum some battles. It's a game based on dice rolls, so it's part of it.
>>
>>320975831
I've only played BG2 and the gameplay felt much faster. Probably because you start with level 7.
>>
>>320976021
This was my BG2 + TOB party.

I used Haer Dalis as a tank with Carsomyr +6. Holy shit he is based.
>>
>>320976245
forgot pic
>>
>>320975290
Meh. If you're you're going through Black Isle games it's worth playing Icewind 1 and 2 after Baldurs and Planescape.

Otherwise it's a completely forgettable slog, there's not much of a plot, it's just combat the game.
>>
>>320976245
>HaerDalis
>Casomyr
Yeah, no. HaerDalis was a bard sub-class and that sword can only be used by pallys. Nice try though.

>>320976021
Yeah, BG2 is faster cuz of the higher level start. It allows for more mistakes to be made cuz your party has more HP, and your clerics and Mages have more spells to play with in fights.
>>
>>320976489
Is ID2 like BG2?

I'm not giving up on Icewind Dale.
>>
>>320976648
It's almost identical to Icewind Dale 1, there are some changes to the combat and character but that's all.

Icewind series is just Baldurs but without story, characters and is more linear.
>>
>>320976648
Similar but different.

Its been a while since i played but I'm petty sure you start at level 1, but you level pretty quick through the adventure. There are more races to choose from with voice sets to match, you can make your drow ranger if you want. The story is passable enough to keep you playing but not as memorable as BG2. It's all your own custom party in IWD2, no companions with witty banter.

I remember the OST for IWD2 being great. Skeleton of a Town being a particularly great track
>>
Why do people hate Nalia so much? She is a pure class Mage that isn't evil like Edwin.

I pick Nalia or Haer Dalis as the 6th party member in my playthroughs, depending what I need.
>>
>>320977395
Well at least she's less annoying than Xan.
Guy really brings the party down.

I prefer Neera though
>>
>>320977395
I picked HaerDalis too.

I didn't like Nalia cuz she was such a blatant Imoen place filler, and I hate entitled rich kids.
>>
>>320975290
Close combat gets better. You will find better equipment.
Also later your mages get a lot of spells so you can use spells only.
You shouldn't expect much more from IWD than solid group combat.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.