[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong? I think the whole "The End" thing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
File: minecraft__140227211000.jpg (550 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
minecraft__140227211000.jpg
550 KB, 1920x1080
What went wrong?
I think the whole "The End" thing ruined game's purpose
And of course, the fucking horses
>>
It never really evolved. It just stagnated and the developers just starting throwing in random shit without any thought.
>>
>>320974362

Kid audience

Becoming Game of the YouTube

Devs only adding stuff and not fixing it (see shit "combat")
>>
>>320974362
>purpose
It had a purpose?
>>
File: dancing sheep.gif (246 KB, 180x280) Image search: [Google]
dancing sheep.gif
246 KB, 180x280
None of the updates ruined anything.
All that happened is you got bored of it
>>
File: 1450307473232.jpg (51 KB, 400x323) Image search: [Google]
1450307473232.jpg
51 KB, 400x323
why is it 30 eurobucks on the nintendo eshop

will they ever lower the price? atleast with a sale or somethin
>>
>>320974362
I enjoyed the process and exploration of getting to the end but the actual ending was garbage
>>
No proper modding API as promised.
>>
>>320974362

>Started as a niche sandbox game about solipsism
>Became a half-rate adventure game that pandered to children and normies

Adding the hunger bar was the turning point and releasing a watered down version of the game for Xbox and mobiles was the final nail in the coffin.
>>
Nothing went wrong.

The features they added don't detract from it.

You just fucking outgrew it and think the game used to be better, but in all actuality back when you did like the game you would of jizzed at the thought of the game having all it does now
>>
And the useless full of bugs cats, don't forget them
>>
>>320975853
no, because they paid notch a shit ton of money for it.
>>
I blame Minecraft for every new video game feeling like it has to have a fucking crafting system.
>>
File: Clound.gif (2 MB, 667x1000) Image search: [Google]
Clound.gif
2 MB, 667x1000
>>320976862
>>
>>320977184

>notch
>>
File: ain't easy.jpg (35 KB, 301x345) Image search: [Google]
ain't easy.jpg
35 KB, 301x345
>>320974362
It is literally an autism magnet and was released at a time when autismo fucks are not only tolerated but widespread and even encouraged.

This is like asking 'Hurr what went wrong??' when pointing to Deviant art and ignoring all the Sonic OCs
>>
>>320974773
>>320976862
what is with you little pseudo-psychologists trying to tell everyone how they feel? they made a bunch of promises to get people to buy the game and never came through on them. instead opting to add random shit that only appeals to preteens whenever the devs felt in the mood.
>>
>>320977354
This is nice in theory, but why didn't this image include some screenshots of this method in use to prove that it actually adds anything or is even noticeable at all?
>>
Minecraft was in its Zenith back in Alpha v1.0.1.3. Back when paulsoaresjr first started playing.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL419743EA97E8BCDF

It was the comfiest game ever back then. I miss it.
>>
stuff like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us5mPBWlkm8
>>
>>320977695
I guess I just don't see how you could argue that horses or the end ruined the game when neither have any impact on any other aspect of the game that existed before them
>>
>>320974362
The addition of hunger killed the game's balance and pacing, coupled with the lack of complete, meaningful updates left the game feeling half-finished.
Also, biomes smoothing over interesting terrain made exploring less fun while continuing to place radically different environments next to each other killed any authenticity that they attempted to add.
>>
>>320977354
Except, the problem with this is that it's going to look terrible in practice and be extremely costly to generate per-frame to make it look bearable
>>
>>320974362
>watered down world gen
>hunger
>adventure update
>>
File: Minecraft Halloween Update.png (332 KB, 419x700) Image search: [Google]
Minecraft Halloween Update.png
332 KB, 419x700
>>
>>320974362
It lacked direction. Instead of deciding whether they wanted it to be a game about building or a game about adventuring/survival, they went and did both badly. All tjat while implementing 20 other halfassed features, half of which were probably already done better by user mods. The game has all kinds of shit in it, but none of it is very well thought out.
>>
I think it's more to do with what they didn't add rather than what they did add, eg. I don't think hunger made me lose interest in the game.

They just didn't update it frequently enough. I played through terraria recently and I enjoyed huge variety in mobs and items. Minecraft could benefit from that much content.
>>
>>320980184
What do you expect from someone who previously spent most of his game development time working on tiny half-baked games for game jams and a semi-obscure MMORPG? Before Minecraft, he never had to think any farther than "this might be kind of interesting for a few minutes".
>>
>>320974362
I want to buy the game for all the wrong reasons. I suck at creating shit and I just want to survive the nights and make a peaceful place to live. Which is obtainable in 2 nights. I want to buy it on pc for mods,but I know the game becomes only about crafting.

I like the rpg elements they were/are trying to add, giving it an end game gives me something to strive for.

Also does this fucking game ever go on sale.
>>
>>320980184
I think a lot more could have been done with the enemies, it seemed like they were just there senselessly. Like, sure, zombies are outside, but once you build tiny shack you're just safe, you've completed your goal. I think it would have been good to include some constant threat, even if you think you're safe.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.