[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has the online been fixed yet? My decision w.r.t. getting a PS4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 2
Has the online been fixed yet? My decision w.r.t. getting a PS4 or Xbone hinges on this.
>>
even if it was, it still has the 343 problem. best to stay away.
>>
It still has issues but it mostly works

I wouldn't make your decision based on MCC but if you do get an Xbone this is worth buying due to Halo 1-3 (4 is shit)
>>
>>320962659
the online works

does the game work? no

http://www.halobugs.com/

this is just for CE but most of the games are just as bad, the best one in the collection is 2 and it still has a boat load of bugs.
>>
>>320963150
I never had any serious issues with Halo 2 in it but Halo 3 had huge performance issues at certain points late in the game. It was like 343 or whoever actually ported it only tested 60% of the campaign.
>>
>>320962659
The matchmaking times are extremely slow.
>>
>>320963624
Halo 2 works "fine" as in the gameplay is halo 2 it has no balance issues or bugs gameplay wise. It does how ever suffer from audio glitches like all the games do
>>
>>320962659
If your decision hinges on MCC's state, get a PS4. Simple as that. PS4 is the best for multi-plats, and has good exclusives too like Uncharted 4
>>
>>320964556
But I don't like Uncharted games and I really like Halo, Gears, and Crackdown.
>>
well if you get an Xbone don't be an idiot like me and get the 500GB version, it starts off with like 330GB of usable space.
>>
>>320964676
Well if those are your preferences just get an Xbox One. I have both. Although MCC has slow matchmaking times, it still works. Halo 5 on the other hand has really good dedicated servers. I've been playing it since launch and it's fast, no lag. Don't forget Scalebound and Quantum Break.
>>
>>320965048
The only PS4 exclusives making me hesitate are Bloodborne and Infamous. At least Dark Souls 3 is multiplat.
>>
Get a PS4. Halos dead. Halo 5 sucks, MCC was biggest let down ever.
>>
>>320964904
This, who the fuck thought 500gb was enough when most games require more than 50gb
>>
>>320965365
Killzone Shadow Fall's good too. Some of the best graphics of any FPS.
>>
>>320964904
>>320965541
Yeah but you could just delete the game's your aren't playing, and only keep the game data for the games you are. Only play a few games at a time.
>>
>>320962659
Yeah, but the bad launch year torpedo'd the population. Nobody's playing it. It's fucking tragic.
>>
>>320965365
Bloodborne is really great and Infamous is an okay game, has a lot of the same issues Sunset Overdrive has

If you get a PS4 or Xbone you should get Sunset Overdrive or Infamous since they're cheap
>>
>>320966136
I just got SO, it's basically the Xbox One version of Infamous Second Son.
>>
>>320966041
That's a bad solution.

>>320966136
Infamous is neat, but Sunset Overdrive is actually a really great game. If Infamous is factoring into a PS4 purchase, Sunset Overdrive should cancel it out and then some.
>>
>>320966334
Sunset Overdrive is fun, but it's a rip off of Infamous Second Son.
>>
>>320966334
It's fine for me, I only play the games I'm currently playing on PS4. And whenever I beat a game, I delete the data because I won't be playing it again.
>>
>>320966472
It came out six months later. That's not possible. If anything, it's a rip-off of Jet Set Radio, which is a really good thing to be.

And even if it were a rip off of inFamous Second Son, it's a much better game.
>>
>>320964676
Honestly, if those games are what you want and are looking forward to then get the bone. If the ps4 has anything you would want, you can just get cheaper later on.
>>
>>320966041

This is what I do, I almost never run out of space on my PS4.
>>
>>320966247
Yeah, it's a nice looking game but the mission structure is repetitive and the game is actually pretty shallow. Not a surprise given both developers used to make 3D platformers on PS2.

>>320966334
I like Sunset Overdrive a lot but it's not really better than Infamous. Both games share many of the same issues. While some of Sunset's weapons are fun for awhile, the missions become very tedious. The self-aware humor gets tiresome.

Also the fact that they criticize some poor gameplay choices in open world games and then commit the exact same sins is pretty shitty.

Infamous has maybe slightly more replay value because you can be good / evil. Otherwise I'd basically call it a tie between these two games.
>>
>>320966563
>And whenever I beat a game, I delete the data because I won't be playing it again.
Well, the Xbox One takes longer to install games so if it's something you might come back to, I wouldn't recommend deleting it. Also I can't even tell because the UI is so shit, but it seems like deleting the game data might also delete your saved data. (it's unclear when you go to system storage)
>>
>>320966853
>Also the fact that they criticize some poor gameplay choices in open world games and then commit the exact same sins is pretty shitty.

I remember Bulletstorm did this. It had that joke mission making fun of FPS tropes while doing many of them itself
>>
>>320966853
Maybe it's just because I'd place Jet Set Radio Future among my top 5 games of all time, but the traversal system in that game instantly won me over and held me for dozens of hours. It basically plays like I always wished the Jet Set Radio games would play, and I consider the shooting to be analogous to the graffiti in JSR. To me that game is all about keeping your movement combo going, dodging the enemies, and occasionally shooting when you've got an opening. The generous auto-aim supports this playstyle really well.

I definitely won't defend the writing in Sunset Overdrive, though. It's fucking traaaaaaash.

I'm probably less hot on inFamous, too, because to me it's just an inferior sequel to inFamous 2. The fact that your three powers were all basically just different skins for the same moveset was disappointing, especially after the different elemental powers in inFamous 2 functioned pretty differently from your lightning.
>>
>>320967389
Yeah, Sunset Overdrive is like "hey, isn't it annoying that games make you collect worthless items for tedious fetch quests? Now go get me 10 of these things for no reason."
>>
>>320966472
>>320966619
>sunset overdrive is fun
the guns are sure but the gameplay is slow as fuck and the story is shit
>>
>>320966975
I noticed that on my 1. It's different. You go to games and apps, then manage a game, I don't know if deleting the game data deletes the game save as well. I'm trying to find if there's a section only for saves in which you can see all of your save data.
>>
>>320967521
I basically just like the neon power in Infamous with infinite run
>>
I haven't used XBL in like 3 years. Would there be any advantage to using my old XBL account on the xbone if I don't care about gamerscore?

I'm debating if it's worth it to pay to update my name or to make a new account
>>
>>320967641
Yeah man, it's completely unclear and really annoying. I don't understand how MS fucked up the interface so badly compared to Sony (who didn't really do that great of a job to begin with)

>No real way to view active downloads, looking at system storage won't show a patch that's downloading and you don't get any real indication of size or progress
>store is a mess
>quick menu (holding down Xbox button) is a complete waste because it just has turn off controller or system despite 70% of this screen being empty (add shit here MS god damn)
>no way to get party audio to come through tv speakers as far as I can tell
>no way to copy screenshots and game footage to USB as far as I can tell
>snap while cool on paper lags with every media app (netflix/hbogo/OneGuide/TWC)
>apps crash frequently if you don't restart the system every once in awhile
>some games kick you out to the main menu if you use instant-on (tomb raider and halo:mcc come to mind)

System is okay otherwise but damn MS needs to make some changes.
>>
>>320968074
>Would there be any advantage to using my old XBL account on the xbone if I don't care about gamerscore?
Did you own any downloadable titles on 360? Some work on the One via BC
>>
>>320966334
Sunset Overdrive is ok but I can't shake the feeling that it feels like a bunch of 40-year olds trying to be "hip with the kids."
>>
>>320967521
I like jet set radio and how it plays but I fucking hate how slow sunset overdrive feels, I hate the comparison to jet set, yes they have grinding but thats it sunset is extremely slow and feels slow. Jet set is slow but feels fast.
>>
it works but no one's playing it anymore
>>
>>320968230
>Did you own any downloadable titles on 360? Some work on the One via BC

Yes but none that were on the current chart that I'd want to play. Are they still adding more?
>>
>>320968293
Did you miss the part where you can speed yourself up?
>>
It's been working for a while now. I haven't had any major issue since around launch season.
>>
>>320968558
no? that should have been the default speed
>>
>>320968403
Yes. A few of mine from 360 days were available on the list, but I couldn't name them off the top of my head.

Xbone owners, I want a good arcade racer. So NFS, NFS Rivals, or Forza Horizon 2? Or some hidden game I'm not aware of.
>>
>>320968403
>Are they still adding more?
Yes, but how many is unknown
>>
>>320968708
Dead Rising when.
>>
>>320968702
>>320968708

I guess I'll just reup my old account then

I just ordered the 1TB holiday bundle as kind of a christmas present for myself (i was just looking for an excuse to go full idort) along with Forza Horizon 2 and Sunset Overdrive.
>>
File: 1423204467033.png (483 KB, 567x698) Image search: [Google]
1423204467033.png
483 KB, 567x698
nope, Halos 1~3 are still terrible

can't talk about 4 because I couldn't bring myself to finish 3 (and I only managed to finish 1 and 2 because I was playing co-op)
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.