[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>/v/ always shit on Sony for trying to create value for their
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (80 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
80 KB, 1366x768
>/v/ always shit on Sony for trying to create value for their console by making/funding exclusives
>meanwhile Valve -which practically has a monopoly on PC gaming and has billions of dollars of cash- sit on their ass and just keep hording the shekels

Explain this to me, PCfags.
Why don't Valve use some of its retained earnings to fund some games?
>>
>>320950370
Nothing to explain, Valve is scum. Everyone found that out when paid mods almost became a thing.

Also
>comparing sony which has an unquestionable monopoly on the PS to Valve, which only has an overwhelming majority on the PC
>>
>>320950370

No, people shit on Sony because they're failing to create value by having worthwhile exclusives.

Also, both it and X1 have awful digital stores, which is of course what makes Steam so successful. If they had better stores with better value, people might shop there more often. As it is, games stay full price for years after release via their storefronts because they have no competition.
>>
>>320950863

Also, part of the value of PC gaming is being able to play almost all of the same games in higher resolution with better framerates and often higher fidelity overall.

More on that value thing, you see.
>>
>>320950597
Well duh, Sony has a monopoly on their product. The PC is not a valve product.
>>
>>320950993
But you also have to wait 3 years
>>
The point of exclusives is to make people buy the platform the game is made for. Sony makes consoles and handhelds, so they benefit from making exclusives for those.
Valve doesn't produce PC parts. They don't get any money from sales of PC hardware (they do get a cut from Steam machine sales, however, I assume).
But since they own Steam, they have the incentive to make it a good platform with a convenient store and good prices. Which they arguably do, and it's extremely successful.
>>
>>320950597
Unlike Sony, Valve is a very healthy company and it's also a private company so they don't have shareholders to please.
I would say that Valve is way more capable than Sony at funding/making games.
>>
>>320951154
Steam is a Valve product. Steam is the main PC games distribution platform.
It's the same thing as being a console manufacturer.
>>
>>320951310
>Valve doesn't produce PC parts. They don't get any money from sales of PC hardware
Neither do consoles. Consoles are usually sold at loss.

>They don't get any money from sales of PC hardware
But they get a cut from every purchase made in Steam. By making exclusives they will make sure that people will use Steam instead of GoG or Origin.
>>
>>320950597
>not knowing what a monopoly is
>>
File: 1448029228503.jpg (9 KB, 190x262) Image search: [Google]
1448029228503.jpg
9 KB, 190x262
>>320950370
PS4 makes most of their money by charging retards to use their own internet. Valve doesn't.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.