[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What will the first DLC be? >Hardmode: No Aliens
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46
File: Fallout_4.jpg (34 KB, 238x293) Image search: [Google]
Fallout_4.jpg
34 KB, 238x293
What will the first DLC be?

>Hardmode: No Aliens
>>
a mute character mode

just to dumb the game down a bit
>>
ok, I'm not saying it'll be aliens, but it's aliens
>>
Go to China with Submarine friend.
>>
definitely aliens.
and psychic power.
also dual wield with power armor.
>>
Not-dragonshout powers
>>
Dinosaurs. Power armored dinosaurs.
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 391x423) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 391x423
i just want more fucking weapons...

like an m4, something that doesn't look makeshifty like 90% of the weapons in this game

shake my head to be honest bethesda...
>>
>>320941893
nice meme, upvote!
>>
You all think pretty highly of Todd.

It's going to be settlement shit.
>>
File: dumsonic.gif (2 MB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
dumsonic.gif
2 MB, 400x300
>>320941673
the creation kit. and it will be paid dlc.
>>
>>320942849

This.

Not once did I use those stupid fucking pipe guns.
>>
Probably something to do with Children of the Atom or the Glowing Sea. There is no way they aren't going to use that sort of environment.
>>
More memes
>>
>>320943137

>Hate Newspaper
>>
>>320941673
Underwater old gods cthuhlu stuff
>>
>>320941673
More Dunwich locations. Hell, it could be a "the color from outer space" thing, and I'd be a happy camper
>>
>>320942128
I like it. Best character in the game.
>muh famirree
>muh hohme
Isn't china totally nuked? Like a massive crater? Could still work, massive creatures and nothing but ghouls. You become a ghoul as you progress. Later dlc is a sciency one and there's a deghouling machine.
>>
>>320941673
Feral aliens conquer a railroad outpost south of boston.
They don't wanna kill them cause they might be sentient and have feelings and rights.
You have to help the BoS pilot a vertibird succesfully and nuke the feral alien nest.
Plot twist: one of them is your long lost cloned alien son and now you feel bad.
>>
Hopefully the dlcs will be more than new areas. Is nobody else baffled by the small amount of weapon types?
>>
>>320943254

see, I would actually buy that because that would be fucking cool

more likely it'll either be more settlement related functions, or you get to visit DC (via the monorail, beth could just recycle the entire inside mall area from Fo3)
>>
>>320947184
Bethesda will consider the lack of weapon types offset by the ENORMOUS amount of modding every weapon (implying there isn't only one way: the best).

DLCs will be: New Minutemen quests.
>>
>>320942849
Yes! I mean seriously, I have 9559 .38 rounds and not a single manufactured actual. 38 pistol.
>>
>>320945998

It'd be the Glowing Sea, but with double the spawn rate of deathclaws, scorpions, and ghouls. Everything (including trees and bushes) is hostile to you and there's nothing but killing. It has you walk up the Silk Road to a super special military base where you get overpowered weapons and armor.

I would play the shit out of that.
>>
>>320947391
>>320945998
Dungeons will be former chinese child labour sweat shops.
>mini feral ghouls
>they throw irradiated denim jeans at you
>>
>>320947375

trade all that ammo in for gauss rifle ammo

I got a two-shot one so I do about 600 points of damage on every hit, and 3600 every sneak attack critical (thanks to the mr sandman perk which I like how they made it useful)
>>
>>320943515
The Color Out of Space
>ftfy
>>
>>320947487

I just want proper things to explore. I was fucking hyped when I found the capsized factory in the glowing sea, but it's just ten ghouls and a trunk of RNG loot. I was armed and ready to fight into the depths of hell and instead got a recoil-compensated pipe revolver.
>>
More normal weapons, more attachments

Also, Enclave plot DLC I am guessing
>>
>>320941673
Possible ideas that may happen:
>uncover and explore ancient alien complex
>some sort of underwater adventure - underwater base/vault?
>sail on a ship to some other nearby area of America/island (I don't know Yank geography/landmarks that well so no idea what is likely to appear)
>no doubt there will be a new suit of power armour in at least one of the addons
>extended glowing sea adventure (maybe some legendary location rumoured to be on the other side/deeper inside)
>I don't think China is that likely but it could be cool
>since teleportation is now possible without alien tech - teleport to some new area?
>>
File: saints row.png (582 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
saints row.png
582 KB, 1024x768
>>320947391
>>320947487
>>320947642

the glowing sea is great for the first time you find it but beth fucked it up by not going full RIP AND TEAR with it

need more radiation
need a higher spawnrate of enemies (also why not add robot enemies too for variety)
needs more locations
needs larger locations

It feels half baked, but it's the only part of the game I can bother to play anymore because it's at least somewhat challenging.
>>
>>320947767
The Enclave is dead. It shoulda been dead in Fallout 2.
They brought them back inexplicably in Fallout 3.
Ok, I'll go with it.
But they died.
If more Enclave, I will cut off my eyes and fingers so I never have to see or play another bethesda shit game in my life.
>>
>>320947814

>>sail on a ship to some other nearby area of America/island (I don't know Yank geography/landmarks that well so no idea what is likely to appear)

it'll be Fallout: French edition since everything north of Boston considers itself French
>>
>>320947917

I'd be OK with more Enclave as long as you could side with them and become a part of them. That was the worst part of Fo3, you couldn't suck Autumn's dick.

I've already accepted that Beth restarted the lore on the east coast, so I'm willing to be far more lenient when it comes to lore stuff as long as they don't fuck with the west coast.
>>
Visit Post-Lone Wanderer Capital Wasteland, and its beginning to rebuild itself. Even visit Megaton.
>>
>>320948079
By their own lore, they should be dead.
>>
>>320947958

Fallout 4 is already Fallout: British edition given that New England is literally just England 2.0. There's even a Union Jack flag model in the game (used in the Museum of Freedom) that you can place after getting the mod for it.
>>
>>320948215

I'm ok with beth raping their own lore as long as I can stop muties. Then again, they already remade the Enclave with the BoS, the only thing needed is a palate swap for their flags.

ad victorium
>>
>>320947917
> Not playing Fallout 4 as a non-canon game

Nigga please.
>>
File: fallout_3_vault_boy_by_tylertut.png (101 KB, 641x666) Image search: [Google]
fallout_3_vault_boy_by_tylertut.png
101 KB, 641x666
>>320947814
>download expansion
>Preston runs to you across the Wasteland to wherever the fuck you are
>AYO HOL UP
>I GOT A SMTH A LIL DIFRNT 4 U
>YOU KNOW DAT DOPE ASS TREKY SHITCHU BUILT
>*smacks lips* AYO, WE FOUND SUM SIGNOOL ON IT, MY BROTHER
>reach the teleporter
>you're sent to a farm in fuckknowsville
>we got a raider problem
>it's across the map in canada

Thanks, Todd.
>>
>>320948480

>stop muties

*stomp muties
>>
File: Fallout 4 isn't canon.jpg (53 KB, 453x439) Image search: [Google]
Fallout 4 isn't canon.jpg
53 KB, 453x439
>>320948496
>>
>>320948480

the super mutants themselves shouldn't even be a major thing in any fallout game now since their master was destroyed in LA in Fo1

also, the raiders should be split up into tribes (like that Fo3) mod did so at least some of their actions would make sense
>>
>>320948706
the muties on the east coast have nothing to with the master's muties on the west coast.

If you have any questions about why that is, ask Todd.
>>
>>320947375
why don't you sell it all for actual useful ammo retard.
>>
>>320948801

oh yeah they all came out of vault 87 (and apparently CIT as well)

I don't give a shit, it's still an overused concept
>>
>>320948507
kek
>>
>>320948971
it's a meme now

I wish Todd would see these threads on /v/ and kill himself.

*sigh* I can dream, can't I?
>>
Alien Blaster and ayy lmao hint strongly at an alien expansion.

I myself, want an expansion that allows you to make a full city using the settlement feature. A full city that matches against Goodneighbor or Diamond City. You make no changes in the game, only told you do and creating your own city with the already in game features would give the player a lot of personal involvement. Into what happens with it story wise.

The tools are already there, it just needs to be flushed out a lot more.
>>
It's going to be settlement shit. You get your own vault that you can inhabit with folks. Think Fallout Shelter inside of Fallout 4.
>>
>>320949162

Todd is making money hand over fist and is worshiped by all the kids who bought Fo4 as their first fallout game

why would he kill himself? He's living the dream.
>>
Memory Den where you relive the battle of Anchorage
>>
>>320949319
No it doesn't
Was there an alien expansion for Fallout 1 and 2?
>>
>>320949489

..that's basically what the PC becomes once they finish the CIT questline though

that being said I'd be ok with it if it had things to do. The current settlement building isn't even phone game tier, it's a straight port of the RTS mod with nothing added.
>>
British empire invading Boston
>>
File: no more todd.jpg (82 KB, 410x600) Image search: [Google]
no more todd.jpg
82 KB, 410x600
>>320949558
you just dont know how to break a man.
>>
File: a gif.gif (579 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
a gif.gif
579 KB, 500x281
>>320949597

I'd pay $60 for a spinoff game where you go through prewar memories of random ghouls especially if it was like the Tranquility Lane quest or even a diet Hitman.

Todd's not that competent though.
>>
First dlc will be a settlement pack full of shitty chairs and lights and bullshit like that
>>
>>320947917
The central base doesn't mean that an Enclave-specific bomb destroyed everything Enclave in America. Could you just go play New Vegas and not come back?
>>
>>320949782
so you'd pay 60$ for a movie?
>>
>>320941673
Vampire dlc
>>
>>320949930

see:

>especially if it was like the Tranquility Lane quest or even a diet Hitman.

basically it would be self-contained environments where you could use the environment to do quest things. That would be cool. But that would also require Todd to have a clue.
>>
>>320949690
Man that would be cool.

>ramshackle ships appear on horizon
>cannonballs impact Boston's decrepit towers
>ship docks and hundreds of British raiders and ghouls from Old Blighty that somehow survived the war get out and start stomping shit
>led by some historian nutjob like Arnold Rimmer
>they're here to conquer America because Britain is in an even worse state after the war

Of course knowing Todd it would be full of American propaganda and there would be no way to side with the British.
>>
>>320949739
>Standing on his toes

Kek.
>>
>>320950115
you got to side with the american nazis in fo4.
>>
>>320949628
Were there any expansions for fallout 1 and 2?
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 392x492) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 392x492
Does anyone know that Todd had a huge team working with him that also had more involvement than him

Does anyone know that
>>
>>320950115

>Of course knowing Todd it would be full of American propaganda and there would be no way to side with the British.

More likely they'd just go full irish nationalism with it. Because boston is full of irish people, and that the troubles are a thing people in the area know about (including todd himself who has irish heritage). And it would then become a stupid republican story and make loyalists butthurt and get the game banned in england.
>>
>>320947917

I just want to join the enclave and help restore America.
>>
>>320941673
Are you really sure you wanna see what shit they come up with for F4, after what we saw with Fallout 3(Point lookout was ok)
>>
>>320950331

>mfw the catholics are a majority in NI now and there is no amount of crying can stop reunification

can't wait lads, I'm going across the border tomorrow to vote for sinn fien in the next election and there is nothing any of the brits here can do to stop me
>>
>>320941673
DLC where you kill the Courier
>>
>>320941673
maybe it could be aliens
>>
>>320949871
Could you try playing some good games first?
>>
File: taigs get fucked.jpg (53 KB, 624x351) Image search: [Google]
taigs get fucked.jpg
53 KB, 624x351
>>320950115
>>320950331

more likely beth would just take you out to long island or something and have their troubles 2.0 plot happen there
>>
>>320950606
Long island would be neat, I'd get to visit my parents post apocalyptic home town
>>
>>320950708

We'd get to visit moot's home too. It could actually be really fun if everything gets progressively more radioactive and dangerous the closer to Manhattan you get. And then having Manhattan itself as a glowing sea, but with 10x the spawnrate or something.
>>
>>320942128
Actually there was already a cut quest in the game where you explore the underwater with that sub

>>320942849
>>320942924
I think that weapon and settlement expansion will probably be small, lower priced DLCs next to the larger, "real" ones. This is what they did with Hearthfire and Classic Pack, after all.

>>320942982
Sadly likely

>>320943005
Expanding on the Church of Atom in general would e welcome. They felt like one of the games' "not-factions", alongside the Gunners and the Forged

>>320943254
>>320943515
Would be rad as fuck
>>
>>320950962

>Actually there was already a cut quest in the game where you explore the underwater with that sub

proofs it now
>>
>>320942487
Agree, come sort of
>Oh they scaped the institute with all those supermutants
bethesda quality
>>
>>320951019

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/20_Leagues_Under_the_Sea
>>
>>320951019
I think he's talking about the sub in fallout 2 that you strip for some parts(?) for the aircraft carrier.
>>
>>320951362

god damn it ;___;

beth why do you have to crush my dreams like this
>>
Actually, I would really enjoy it if they expanded the glowing sea and made it more dangerous.

Got there and thought it was some pretty neat stuff until I realised it wasn't that harsh.
>Exploring glowing sea
>Suddenly death claw, you manage to kill it but it heavily damages your Power Armor
>Radiaton leaking in quickly and you must repair it.

Pit 2.0
>Horseshoed into a run down camp where you get stuck until you can scrape together parts for your armor.
>>
>>320951362
>make a third of the map water
>remove the only quest that would make it interesting
Thanks Todd. Also, there's a harpoon that was cut.
>>
>>320951527
todd realised in the middle of development they forgot to make bullet work underwater.
it will be $20 for underwater weapon mods, a speargun and radiant underwater quests pls.
>>
>>320951730
>wearing power armor
I bet you're using that x01 or whatever too.
>>
>>320941673

someone told me it was going to be an expansion on cape cod

i also saw elsewhere that it may be underwater

it could be the same thing since cape cod is surrounded by water
>>
>>320952039
Using the Brotherhood of Steel one because it looks neat. I did try and gather the X01 armor thinking it was unique, kinda like Deadric in Morrowind with a few static spawns for different pieces then found 2 full sets.

I just wasn't using power armor for the full game, then realised I had 40 power cores at the end so thought why not
>>
>>320950480
Why would we want to stop you? Northern Ireland is a fucking moneypit full of disgusting Ulster Scots and other horrors, you're welcome to it as far as I care but all my friends in the Republic don't want filthy norns back either
>>
>>320947642

the exploration isn't bad in this game, i dont think, i just wish there was more "hidden" stuff.

for example, i really appreciated the hidden switch in the university point (or JP?) credit union vault, which you had to hack to get into and then pick a master lock to find, which uncovered a hidden bomb shelter vault alluded to to emails on a terminal elsewhere in the area. i was disappointed to find it was only 1 room, though it did have a unique gun.

the game just needs a DLC that adds unique loot all over the place so that exploring the dungeons is more than jjust finding a steamer trunk filled with randomized ammo. likewise the legendaries are mostly disappointing.
>>
As shitty as all of the endings are I would really hate it if they tried to "fix" their ending again using dlc. It would just be a waste.
>>
>>320952519
You can't fix what's obliterated.
>>
>>320948507
Canada would be fun. But it would have to be Ronto. I'd like to see what Ashur meant by "strength"
>>
>>320952519
nah it would be
>bos/railroad/institute/a minuteman faction go the deep end and want to nuke boston
>you stop it with giga nigga
canon streamline completed.
>>
>>320952258

I just want it back because I know it will make the british mad, and when the proddies inevitably riot/chimp out we'll be able to stomp them and send them on a boat back to england as refugees :^)
>>
>>320947917
We still exist in the tri-state area, mutie
>>
>>320950897
Moots from LI but he's a bears fan? Always knew he was a colossal faggot, I for one welcome our new nip overlord.
Anyway yeah that actually sounds like a dope idea. Maybe they could even throw in the amityville horror house or something reminiscent for some optional dunwich esque spooks.
Speaking of the glowing sea, any mods that raise the spawn rate of shit out there?
>>
>>320953075
Don't call me a mutie, soldier.
I am your president, John Henry Eden.
Let's make America great again.
Do you remember, dear America, about our favourite passtime?
>>
>>320951362
>you'd be able to get an old timey sub diver suit.

That'd be awesome
>>
>>320953446
Why bother when my power armor does the same shit
>>
>>320952793
please no
>>
>>320953514
Novelty effect?
>>
Some underwater shit, there is already some structures in the game. Underwater based guns like harpoon gun and some new companion probably.
>>
Has anyone been to Dunwich Borers yet? what the fuck is that head at the end
>>
1. Roadtrip to Ronto
2. Chilling with the Church of the Atom
3. Not a lot of New York
4. Ancient Aliens in Arabia
>>
File: 1446105948312.gif (992 KB, 389x259) Image search: [Google]
1446105948312.gif
992 KB, 389x259
>>320948507
>>
>>320953601

if you think the muslims are bad, just wait until true blue proddies invade every town in the midlands. NIers are the type of brit that will actually remove kebab. Are you ready for the race war?
>>
>>320948496

Care to define what canon means, anon? I think you might be mistaking things here and there.
>>
>>320954007

everyone has, it's just random lovecraft stuff. Doesn't make sense unless you've read lovecraft
>>
>>320954319
i assume its related to the titans elbow story
is there any other sign of the thing at the bottom? it'd be fuckin nuts if i could find its feet somewhere in the ocean etc
>>
>tfw there will never be a group of prewar ghouls in Ronto leading a cult based around the King of Britain crossing the seas to liberate them and rebuild the nation
>tfw no Maple Leafs raider gang that's the worst gang in the game
>tfw no mutant moose or beavers
>>
>>320948227

>New England is literally just England 2.0

As someone once from England that moved to the US, I find that highly offensive.
>>
File: action packed trip to detroit.png (177 KB, 708x520) Image search: [Google]
action packed trip to detroit.png
177 KB, 708x520
I want a DLC where you travel to Detroit
>>
>>320955101

YO HOL UP
>>
>>320949690
I would be curious about a Fallout game set in London where everything is wrecked like the Commonwealth and CW.
However, you'd have to have new enemies and factions and be without familiar factions like Brotherhood of Steel or Enclave or Railroad and such.
>>
File: 1449346713465.jpg (19 KB, 283x347) Image search: [Google]
1449346713465.jpg
19 KB, 283x347
>>320955101
>mfw it didn't get nuked but still in worse condition than the rest of the wasteland
>>
>>320941673
Addressing the fact that Kellogg's persona is still rattling around in Nick Valentine's head.
>>
>>320941673
Well we can't go to Lovecraft Country since we already went to Salem

Holy shit that place was so disappointing

>One barely spoopy church
>OH NO A DEATHCLAW
>kill fucking Mirelurks all over the town
What a joke
>>
>>320941673
china considering the existence of the yangtze
>>
>>320942849
millennia will inevitably add good guns to the game once the GECK comes out
i guarantee an M4 will be one of the first guns he makes
>>
>>320957103
>get hyped to visit Museum of Witchcraft
>hoping there will be some sort of witch quest with spooky happenings
>Halloween decorations all over wasteland further fuel my imagination
>get there
>it's just a Deathclaw

TODD!!!
>>
DLC1 ; Ancient Ship
>Travel to Arabia
>Help the Cabot family/Lorenzo unlock new ancient alien artifacts
>Egypt + Mothership Zeta all in one, including mummies and mutant animals

DLC2;
>Take Concord and Lexington in an over the top battle, Minutemen vs Ghouls and Raiders

DLC3;
>Mole Rat Armor

DLC4;
>Visit the Capital Wasteland, like Skyrim did for Solstheim

DLC5;
>New house stuff
>>
>>320955746
kek
>>
File: 1450339158979.gif (497 KB, 205x213) Image search: [Google]
1450339158979.gif
497 KB, 205x213
>>320957103
>witchcraft
>salem, massachusetts
>related to lovecraft at all
read a book nigger
>>
I stopped playing this game a month ago because the quests were boring as shit, now that I have some spare time, I'm thinking about modding the shit out of this game and trying to play it. Are all the quests like kill X raiders and is it worth it to just finish it for the story, which will be shit anyway. Or should I rather find another game to play?
>>
>>320957356
I went in fully expecting a Brigmore Witches-style quest, and god damn was I let down

I do hope they can somehow finagle some Lovecraft Country out of it, maybe with input from Arkane on the spooks
>>
File: image.jpg (193 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
193 KB, 1360x768
>>320957356
>there not even a witch hat inside

It's Bullshit
>>
>>320957356
I had the same experience after hearing about this spooky as shit museum, turns out just to be a deathclaw. At least maybe there could have been some cool stuff to look at in there, damn it was disappointing.
>>
>>320957639
Why is Ben such a racist?
>>
>>320957556
>Arkham somehow not based on Salem
>Arkham and Innsmouth like right the fuck next to Gloucester and Salem
I will slap you in the fucking mouth
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 231x368) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 231x368
>>320957356
Don't forget
>Finally get to enter the Asylum
>the whole I got is just killing Raiders

Why?
>>
File: image.jpg (8 KB, 165x163) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
8 KB, 165x163
>>320958138
*the whole time is just killing Raiders

I fucked that up
>>
>>320955101
>>320955746

Detroit in the Fallout universe never collapsed before the war. However, being a major industrial center, it and the rest of the rust belt would be a massive wasteland ala the glowing sea.
>>
>>320957508

I'm actually ok with ancient aliens. MZ was too much but if it's just tomb raider: 50s pulp scifi edition I'll accept it.
>>
>>320957984
Yes, but what I meant was witchcraft has NOTHING to do with Lovecraft. They could still easily do some shit like visiting a fishing village of irradiated fish people.
>>
>>320941673
I hope I will get another infection that'll half my life expectancy if they do a "Discover the abandon land of Mojave and Vegas!" DLC.
>>
FO4 is decent but it has by far the worst side-content in any bethesda game yet. There are hardly any side quests, and what is there is completely uninteresting.

After beating the main quest I just had no reason to keep playing at all. It has no fucking replayability either because they butchered character building.
>>
>>320957508
>visit arabia

That would trigger me so god damned much.

Fallout has and always will be post apocalyptic America. A-M-E-R-I-C-A.

We can go underwater, or into god damned space. I don't want to set foot on no damned foreign soil.
>>
>>320958542
Yeah you're right. I meant more in the general theme of the occult, not just witchcraft. I guess the DLC could send us further north, since Innsmouth is up a ways. Or out to Dunwich since it's closer to like Athol and Orange in north-central MA

General Lovecraft locations would be nice, since a shitload of his stories take place around here. Just a shame they fucked up Salem so bad
>>
>>320958718
>angry at the possibility of shooting sandniggers in the teeth
i'll kill you
>>
>>320958562

Todd's not that ballsy. He has his own canon and isn't going to mess with the original trilogy. Also, by setting it in the mojave he would be expected to remake most of it to a modern graphics spec, which he will never do.

A simple arabian tomb raider with only interior spaces (ala operation anchorage) requires less effort.
>>
>>320958662

the side quests are better than the MQ though

everything was ok until you get to CIT then it just got boring. On my second playthrough I just started killing everyone as soon as I got in, starting with Father. I beat the game in a 3 hour run as a result.
>>
>>320950280
>>320949628
>>320949319

btfo
>>
>>320958813
Salem sucked dick for sure. I'd really like them to visit an innsmouth-esque town where some people squatting there talk about rumours of sentient, amphibious mutants swimming around and walking about at night, and then it being ambiguous whether or not they were mutants or actually occult entities, with some subtle allusions to the esoteric order of dagon.

If they did an innsmouth thing though it would be retarded and you would blast down innsfolk left and right and then dive into the ocean and actually fight dagon, maybe with some allusion that elder gods might have caused some mutations.
>>
>>320943254
Fucking this!
I spent 2 hours exploring the underwater places and they were fucking empty. Only interesting finds were some pipes that were lit and jangles the moon monkeys.
>>
>>320958946
>like Fallout: SJW edition will allow that

please, if it happens it will be set in some pyramid or some shit with ghouls that look like mummies.

And ancient egyptians weren't mudslimes. the only things that makes people from that part of the world subhuman is their devotion to a subhuman political ideology that crosses over into religious zeal.
>>
>>320959548

>Fo4
>SJW

the BoS literally kill anything that's not human. Sure, they're accepting of women and niggers, but they're basically /pol/ tier. Beth at least gave the player the option.
>>
>>320955572
Probably no power armor either.
Unless the UK had developed Fusion energy as well.
>>
why does bethesda think that time stopped in the 50's in fallout
>>
>>320957356
I was hoping they would add an unique monster, but nope. Also overall there wasnt much creature variety in this game.
>>
>>320959548

>And ancient egyptians weren't mudslimes. the only things that makes people from that part of the world subhuman is their devotion to a subhuman political ideology that crosses over into religious zeal.

shit colored skin = shit genetics = inability to organize complex societies

There's a reason why the roman republic fell, because it was run by spics. Modern spic countries like mexico are no different. Meanwhile White countries, like the US and UK, were able to conquer the world as they have much better genetic stock.
>>
>>320959737
incompetence
>>
>>320941673
A companion DLC would be nice. Like each companion would get their own questline with unique rewards.
>>
>>320959737

Because it pretty much did. Even in Fo1 and Fo2, the prewar world was clearly set in a futuristic 50s world.

The only issue here is that beth made it out that fusion/fission cars were everywhere, when they were only just coming on the market with the Corvega.
>>
>>320959896

Nick is alright though. If you get friendly with him he tells you bits of lore about the Commonwealth Provisional Government. It's a reward, at least.
>>
Something lame as fuck like most of SKyrim's DLC.

>Dawnguard
>Vampires got bunch of rad shit
>Dawnguard got fuck-all but an empty castle and an armored troll
>dead vampires all over the towns because they don't despawn

>Hearthfire
>just some random plots of land that require becoming Thane to acquire
>can build a custom built home
>nothing else too crazy

Dragonborn was the only good DLC.
>>
Something involving the Chinese, so we can get the Chinese Pistol, Chinese Assault Rifle, and some more cool shit.

Weapon variety this time around was worse than 3.
>>
File: Just like it, anon.jpg (66 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Just like it, anon.jpg
66 KB, 1920x1080
>>320958718
But, anon. Fallout has to move forward :)
>>
>>320959964
P90s, Pancor Jackhammers, and H&K CAWS have nothing to do with the 50's friend.

FO1 and 2 took stuff from the 50s, the 80s, and the 90s. To ignore the other two elements and turn the 50s up to 11 while throwing in tons of nuclear explosions everywhere cause its whacky violence shows Beth doesn't understand the setting.

But lets grab a WWI machine gun and somehow turn it into a hand held assault rifle because it looks steam-punk due to air cooling jacket. That is FO4.

Or that PPSH that was horribly mutated into a combat shotgun through magic back in FO3.
>>
What would /v/'s reaction be if it was based in the Mojave desert but also aliens?
>>
>>320960637
mass suicide
>>
>>320960637

Not surprised, because that one dude mentions going to the Mojave to uncover a lost city after you finish his quest.
>>
>>320960637
nuclear warfare prolly tbqh
>>
>>320960723
I can only hope its that then.
>>
>>320941673
Go assist the Midwest BoS in Chicago against an Enclave resurgence.

I just want to see my hometown of Chicago in Fallout. The fact that is has been mentioned in that one Fallout Tactics or whatever and once in new vegas gives me hope since theres actually fragments of lore about Chicago at least.
>>
>>320959737

The Transistor was never invented. That's the entire premise of Fallout.

Technology is big and clunky and due to resource shortages and wars American culture doubled-down on jingoistic tendencies of the 50's.
>>
>>320950292
Yes but it's more fun to just put all the blame on ol' Todd.
>>
File: fallout1.jpg (194 KB, 800x618) Image search: [Google]
fallout1.jpg
194 KB, 800x618
>>320960536

The weapons were replaceable.

>To ignore the other two elements and turn the 50s up to 11 while throwing in tons of nuclear explosions everywhere cause its whacky violence shows Beth doesn't understand the setting.

Not really. Of all the things you can rightfully accuse beth of, turning the 50s stuff up to 11 makes the most sense. Doing a Fallout game without it just feels like any generic post-apocalypse game (aka dayz) so it makes the game more visually unique.

>But lets grab a WWI machine gun and somehow turn it into a hand held assault rifle because it looks steam-punk due to air cooling jacket. That is FO4.

But let's grab HRE era armor and somehow turn it into a man sized tank because it looks steam-punk due to the helmet. That is Fo1.

I mean seriously, look at the cover for Fo1. It's what we would now call "steampunk", back then "industrial fantasy".

>Or that PPSH that was horribly mutated into a combat shotgun through magic back in FO3.

that's just beth being fucking lazy more than anything else
>>
>>320941673
Broken steel type DLC
>>
Purge the Midwestern Brotherhood with my nigga Maxson.

Disgusting mutie-fucking Chicagoans.
>>
>>320960637

I don't consider Fo3 or Fo4 canon, so no skin off my back.
>>
>>320957328
~40min late, but Millenia has already released 2 mods/texture replacements for FO4. http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4046/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2211/?
>>
File: 1449061006788.png (780 KB, 832x678) Image search: [Google]
1449061006788.png
780 KB, 832x678
>tfw the new DLC is a location equal in size to the current map
>>
>>320961136
Then why are you here and not on NMA or something.
>>
>>320941673
Dog armor that does nothing
>>
>>320961136
This.

I don't consider.
Fallout 2, 3 or 4 canon

Only 1 and maybe New vegas.
>>
>>320961156
ive already got them both, those are reskins vs new weapons
>>
Water|Underwater DLC. They can fit a lot of it,and some stuff already in the game(like Harpoon Gun,not yet ready,but something).
Underwater you can fit some lovecraftian stuff,maybe they can even try to combine it with someplace like glowing sea area.
>>
The game may not be very good but god damn if I don't like strolling down the beachfronts and sandbanks while I'm 420BAKED

I'm sure people want to see point lookout 2.0 but most of the eastern map feels like it already, just watch them throw in some memory den garbage where u go back and do..shit.
>>
>>320961379
>I'm sure people want to see point lookout 2.0
NO I want the Pitt 2.0

Or tell us what happens int he pitt
>>
>>320941673
Enclave
Something lovecraftian in Maine
Raiders in New York called the Gaints
>>
>>320961203

Because I'm also not butthurt over Beth being jews.

Look, I get the anal pain over todd casualizing the series. I hated the fuck out of oblivion for being streamlined and I was one of the people butthurt at skyrim. But I'm over that now. Beth has their own, stupid, vision for the series and ultimately most people who play TES and Fallout are people who picked it up after oblivion and fo3, which means whining about how shit it is as an RPG is pointless.

That being said I did pirate fo4 and enjoyed a bit of it. But of all the criticisms that can be lodged at it, the retrofuturistic style isn't justifiable compared to the larger issues with the game (specifically, the lack of a skills system, a shit main quest, nothing to really do or see, shit settlement building, no endgame content).
>>
>>320947375
>not farming ammo types to sell later for things you DO want.

baka desu senpai
>>
>>320961049
It doesn't make sense though. You can literally discard a lot of the 50's in the old fallouts and it'd still feel like fallout. Look at New vegas and 2 man.
>>
Why did Fallout 2 have Ghosts?
>>
>>320961712
It had one and it was a little treat. Much like finding the easter eggs in FO1 and FO2. It's also nice since it gives a good experience boost if you make it to the den on a too low of a level to do shit.
>>
>>320961696

>You can literally discard a lot of the 50's in the old fallouts and it'd still feel like fallout.

that's my point senpai
>>
>>320961712

Fallout 2 had lots of stupid.

Remember the chess-playing scorpion that you can only beat by learning a secret-chess-move from a goddamn talking plant?
>>
>>320961951
But why?
>>
>>320949739
I think you meant manlet, anon.
>>
File: 1267350350-00.jpg (25 KB, 388x400) Image search: [Google]
1267350350-00.jpg
25 KB, 388x400
>>320949162
>I wish Todd would see these threads on /v/ and kill himself.
Why would Todd kill himself from seeing the threads on /v/?
>>
How come 4 and 3 seem much more 'toned down' than new vegas? In NV you hear stories about the Legion doing actual terrorism and other sick disturbing shit, whereas in 3/4 there's nothing like this, despite the raiders and super mutants being these 'super evil guys'
>>
>>320962270
DO you mean why are there no evil choices in Fallout 3 and 4?
>>
>>320961049
Art-deco does not make Fallout.

Bethesda just purposely turned back time in their version of Fallout to exaggerate the setting.

Compare the energy weapons in FO1 and FO2 to the ones in FO3 and FO4. The classic games had mass produced energy weapons that were made for consumer purchase by major corporations. They did not look like the electrical engineering experiments that were featured in FO3 and 4.

In this sense Bethesda actively went and aged all the energy weapons to make them from futuristic, ergonomic consumer goods to retro sci-fi clunky, cobbled together pieces of shit. This was a purposeful design decision to move from 2070 to 1950.

At least the Institute weapons look sleek and modern as they properly should. Too bad they are awful and have gigantic viewmodels.
>>
>>320961712
fuck, somehow you reminded me meeting the ghost near the beginning of Arcanum, leading me once again to dread that there will never be a sequel to it.
>>
>>320954161
I was actually kinda hoping that the artifact would actually tie more in with the Dunwich plotline.

Has anyone actually let Lorenzo loose?
>>
>>320941673
one that lets you sit in a memory lounger and play new vegas with all of the gunplay improvements from 4
>>
>>320962270
there was some shit raiders did, some memorable ones are ripping teeth out from captured settlers and making a thief swallow molten iron.
>>
>>320958718
That's not actually true. Black Isle had a game in the works that was going to be set during the European Resource Wars, as well as an FPS idea floating around that would take place in China.
>>
>>320962505
Yeah, you become immortal and lorenzo starts to experiment on ghouls or something. You cant give his blood to your son, but no matter as the immortal leader of institude you have gotten the best endgame.
>>
>go to the Hub
>go to Chicago
>go to Beijing
>travel with Elder Maxson to attack Capital Wasteland elder for not being a technology hording raider with power armor

Better yet I'm waiting for nuclear winter DLC that decimates half the commonwealth creating new fractions
>>
>>320947814
>uncover and explore ancient alien complex
man i've always wanted a fallout where you get to see some crazy secret military underground base like Dulce Base (assuming its real) and like Area 51 or something that would be cool
>>
>>320962270
I counter with The Judge from the Bunker Hill quest.
>>
>>320962006
It's just for humor. Like when you run into the special encounter of the bridge keeper. It doesn't effect the story or universe whats-so-ever but it's there for humor and reference.
>>
>>320962637
ALso this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFn1VshqCiQ
>>
A new underwater addon where you are out sailing on a ship with experimental new suit for udnerwater diving / a new sub or something and you get attakced by a mirelurk queen or one of those mutated dolphins that washes up on shore or maybe even a humongoid mutated squid
>>
more hyped for geck than any of the upcoming games
>>
>>320949319
I myself, want an expansion that allows you to make a full city using the settlement feature. A full city that matches against Goodneighbor or Diamond City.

We'll get that with mods. We already have mods for more furniture and no limit, once with get the modtool we'll have entire cities with armies, flying vertibirds, legions of modded enemies attacking.
>>
>>320963271

I want a motorcycle guy companion...
>>
>>320961278
>basically the sunless sea/zubmariner in fallout
>radiation emitting ocean monstrosities
>underwater salvage
>naval battles and boarding actions
>split your lungs with blood and thunder
>when you see the white whale

yesssss
>>
>>320961712
Why did fallout 1 have them?
>>
>>320963660
That sounds like a soulless fan wank
>>
why are there vertibirds pre-war
>>
>>320963660
I would like a way to actually overview all assigned tasks that settlers have in a town. Like a list you can access that'll bring up every companion/settler/Minuteman in the settlement you're in, and what they're actually doing right then.

Settler management is a massive pain in the ass as it is, and this would make things so much easier with division of labor, insuring you have enough farmers, storekeepers and guards.
>>
>>320941673
ENCLAVE

ENCLAVE

ENCLAVE
>>
>>320964282
Prototypes
>>
>>320964282
Same reason Jet and Ghouls are
>>
>>320964390
That's not really possible
>>
>>320964282
They shouldn't exist, but this is bethesda so fuck it. If it looks cool they'll probably shove it in with a shotty explanation.
>>
>>320962637
>>320963172
I mean sure that's cool hearing and reading about, but you don't really come across the effects of it in game. Like, you're told, not shown
Those are good examples though, I just wish you could have seen them happen
>>
>>320964616
That and it saves them haveing to make a new model for prewar transport ships
>>
>>320963012
>travel with Elder Maxson to attack Capital Wasteland elder for not being a technology hording raider with power armor
Maxson is that elder though. Lyons died after fallout 3
>>
>>320964509
How?
>>
>>320964750
So he's not the elder of the commonwealth division?
>>
>>320964405
>That fucking pre-war criminal that made himself a ghoul before the fucking Great War occurred and has lived over 210 years
>That fucking ghoul child in the fridge who survived for 210 years and just so happens both his parents became ghouls and both also survived 210 years and never found him

Why can't Beth just let the past rest? Or if they bring up so much pre-war shit then not make the game take place 200 years after?

Must be a bad case of Old World Blues.
>>
>>320941673

Enclave is what I think is most likely.

It's interesting how there is no direct reference to the Enclave in 4.

BoS just said they were fighting "traitors" in the Capitol Wasteland, and the X-01 Advanced Power Armor is just said to be used by remnants of the US military.
>>
>>320964807
It's a prototype. Means there's not many out there compared to the Enclave leaving them scattered around after the NCR-Enclave war on top. Enclave produced the final version of of the Vertibird while on the rig.
>>
>>320964282

Maybe the plaque in the Museum of Technology was incorrect when it said it was slated for production in 2085.

Does Fallout 2 ever get into detail about the history? Because I don't remember anything to that effect.
>>
>>320964880
the commonwealth division is the capital wasteland division. Maxson and his boys flew up from DC to get in on the fun
>>
>>320964930
>BoS just said they were fighting "traitors" in the Capitol Wasteland
Weren't those the Outcasts? The ones that were actually doing BoS stuff?
>>
>>320948507

Thank you based OP
>>
>>320948496
>Everything I don't like isn't canon
>>
>>320965941

No, they say that when you ask about who they were fighting at Adams Airforce Base.

They wouldn't call the Outcasts traitors anymore since they re-integrated. Interestingly there were actually Lyons loyalists that left the BoS when they changed. You can recruit one for your settlement as an armor merchant.
>>
why is there FEV in boston

why are there hordes of super mutants in boston
>>
>>320961951
>Remember the chess-playing scorpion that you can only beat by learning a secret-chess-move from a goddamn talking plant?
It was the fried liver attack. It's pretty insulting that you can't beat a scorpion who can't handle club level strats even with 10 intelligence.
>>
>>320966450
Within the Institute
>>
I wouldn't mind some pre-war DLC, part of the sole survivor's backlog is that he's ex-army, so some more fleshed out Anchorage battles would be cool, or maybe working crowd control for food rations and other goods as riots ensure, I think it would be nice to see how bad things had gone before the bombs ultimately fell.
>>
>>320966450
Because orc magic! Seriously the mutant brand was Grays creation after many many decades of horrific experimentation. In short they needed some punch meat enemies so that's why they're there.
>>
>>320942849
Once I found an M4 Garand in FNV, it was all I ever used. The gun is as based in-game as it s IRL. It's a perfect weapon.
>>
>>320966450

Institute experiments, not sure if they got the FEV pre or post war.

If it's post war then the Institute probably found a shipment meant for Vault 87.

If it's pre-war then it means that Bethesda has retconned FEV experimentation so that it took place at multiple sites with each site taking a different approach using a different strain to maximize the chances of success and reduce chances of cross contamination between different strains.

Or maybe the Institute was able to create their own form of the FEV virus from information they either found or already had.
>>
>>320941673
A better dialogue option system. God, couldn't stand the one word options when playing the game.
>>
>>320966609

This, I wish it let you see more then just that little bit between your home and the bombs.

I would have had the game introduce you to a few of the landmarks pre war so you can really see how far things have fallen, especially the ball diamond.
>>
>>320941673
Atlantis
>>
The Talon Company are a mysterious group of heavily armed mercenaries that work for ____________ who pays them in __________________. Their goals include ___________________.

The Gunners are a mysterious group of heavily armed mercenaries that work for ____________ who pays them in __________________. Their goals include ___________________.
>>
I'm hoping it takes place in Toronto.

200 years later, and no Stanley Cup for them
>>
File: BonerSponsoredByFinland.jpg (439 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
BonerSponsoredByFinland.jpg
439 KB, 768x1024
I'm the only one who remembers paid mods? Or was it a horrifying nightmare?
>>
>>320967218
No I remember
>>
>>320967171

I was really hoping in Fallout 4 we'd finally find out just who Talons mysterious benefactor was.
>>
>>320947375
Get an explosive automatic pipe rifle, so much fun.
>>
>>320967115
Exactly, let you have a glimpse of the paradise lost to really show how ruined and decrepit everything had become.
>>
>>320966609
>>320967502

Fortunately the memory loungers hold some real potential for such things
>>
>>320947375
Sell all of it. Buy better weapons.
>>
>>320967171
Why can't bethesda world build for shit
>>
>>320955572
Fallout: London
Visit the various ruined sites like Big Ben (or what's left of it), Parliament, the underground system, London Zoo (with several mutated animals having living and bred there), the River Thames.
Raiders with Cockney accents.
An offshoot of the Institute is somehow there, using the models from Madame Tussards as templates for early Gen Synth casing.
Weapons (especially guns) are hard to come by so weapons and armor mods are actually essential. Can create ammo with the right materials (which are also hard to come by)
Meaningful dialogue choices return with certain ones available only if you have the right perk (with guns being a rarity, the dialogues you choose actually matters much more)

It's something that will never happen, but damn that would be something.
>>
>>320966812
>M4 Garand

Shit son they made a new version of M1 Garand?! What about the M2 and M3?! Never saw them come out.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.