[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come we can never discuss this character in this board?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: yoshi.png (665 KB, 1275x1168) Image search: [Google]
yoshi.png
665 KB, 1275x1168
How come we can never discuss this character in this board?
>>
He's just so funny, everybody laughs when he's posted haha
>>
>>320936835
haha
>>
>>320936835
haha haHA!
>>
File: fucking casuals.png (137 KB, 298x227) Image search: [Google]
fucking casuals.png
137 KB, 298x227
>>320936835
>Associated with fags
>only 2 good games, none in recent years.
>Already casual series was FURTHER CASUALIZED into the fucking ground, and has only gotten more casual so much so that it's literally become kirby's epic yarn tier
>Basically relegated to party games, kart racers, and smash.

Yoshi is a laughing stock now. He shoulda just stayed Mario's steed, not an expression of Nintendo's casualization and need to force gimmicks into everything NOR furfags desires.

Once again, Casuals and furries ruin EVERYTHING.
>>
>>320936835
There was some autistic furry guy on Something Awful who sought out to prove he could make a /v/ meme in a day. He made a shitty post about yoshi, screencapped it, and posted it to r/4chan.
>>
>>320937097
/-haha-/
>>
File: 1432717360664.png (78 KB, 306x452) Image search: [Google]
1432717360664.png
78 KB, 306x452
How come we can never discuss this character on this board?
>>
File: 1419112019474.png (503 KB, 713x511) Image search: [Google]
1419112019474.png
503 KB, 713x511
I hate you all.
>>
>>320936835
Because memes
>>
Memes aside, he is a bit interesting. Like how Nintendo retconned everything yoshi related in the n64 era. We haven't seen Brown yoshi, white underarms, or heard that cool record scratch sound he constantly made, since yoshi story. I never liked that they made him say his own name like a pokemon. (i hate that pokemon say their own name as well. I hope they keep that shit as far away from the games as possible. It makes no sense from an evolutionary standpoint. Do they say it because it's their name or did people name them after what they said?)

Basically a total rebranding of a character into a kind of second Kirby. I wish they would have done something more interesting with the character but I get why a bunch of business men would think that Itd be more profitable to market him to kids.
>>
>>320937754
But Pokémon did say their own names in the original games. Remember those Pokémon you could talk to, like the Machop on Vermilion City?
>>
>>320938043
I thought they just spewed nonsense. The only one I remember in particular is a psyduck in platinum says something like "ra ra guwawa". And in battle they just make cries. Some may for all I know though. Is it a localization thing or do the japs do it too?

I'm trying to find "pokemon npc dialogue" but I don't know how to specify that i only want dialogue from actual pokemon.
>>
>>320937093
but yoshi's epic yarn was the comfiest babyfur game i've ever played. It deserves more recognition on /v/ than it ever gets.
>>
>>320937283
opression
>>
>>320938826
i have no sauce, but i had exactly that argument on /vp/ already and was proven wrong. i had the same opinion as you up until then.
>>
>>320937754
Pokemon say their names so kids who watch the show learn to remember them.
>>
>>320938826
nigga just look up a walkthrough on mewtwo

guess what mewtwo says

"MEW!!"
>>
>>320938043
In the older games they could say their names and growls.
>>
>>320938826
They didn't localize the dialogue that the Pokemon spoke, so a lot of the time the nonsense that they spew is them repeating parts of their Japanese names. Clefairy's Japanese name is Pippi, but even in the English version of the earlier games it would repeat "Pi-pi-pi-pi" when spoken to.
>>
>>320939392
This. The "growls" on some NPC dialogues were actually unlocalized lines.
>>
>>320937754
>>320938826

in Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Saphire Pikachu has a new soundfile, making him actually say Pikachu.
>>
>>320942207
Now that it's basically established that all Pokémon say are their own names, they should do that with every mon in the games.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.