[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jesus christ, this game I've been playing for just a little
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7
File: 20141223121131a0dz4ak3w8am33jp.jpg (190 KB, 1600x1000) Image search: [Google]
20141223121131a0dz4ak3w8am33jp.jpg
190 KB, 1600x1000
Jesus christ, this game

I've been playing for just a little over a week and feel like I've only grasped the basics

But this
This is THE MOST FUN I've had in a videogame in years

The abilities, the variation, the crazy teamfights, it's amazing.

How is this not GOTY 2015?

I can't think of any argument against it except
>It's not a RTS
It's not even trying to be
>>
>>320932509
You'll come to loathe it soon enough, enjoy your fun now
>>
Play nature's prophet. Beat the game 1v9.
>>
>>320932509
should I try dota 2?
never played an ASSFAGGOTS in my life, but dota seems cool
>>
>>320932509

Because it didn't come out in 2015.
Also it's 2deep4plebs so they'll shitpost audibly every game because how DARE anyone know more on a particular topic of this game than you?!

Would teach but people I know don't play, and I'd like to learn how to play better if the matchmaker was worth shit and stopped pushing baddies together to "balance" teams.
>>
>>320932740
Reborn came out this year, it's technically a new release

>>320932723
You're gonna be overwhelmed at first, it's one of the more complex games out there, but give it a shot, it's a ton of fun
>>
>>320932740

>4 carries
>Even then you better believe the 5th is going to carry as a support too

I'd rather pick roles before matchmaking and wait 30 minutes to get into a game than this stupid shit. And Valve honestly thinks they can score this remotely accurately.
>>
>instalock into Io or KOTL
>teleport allies onto the enemy team and watch both of us get rekt
>read angry comments in all chat with a smug expression
You're right, this IS fun.
>>
It's great once you stop taking it so personal

I think the main reason people on /v/ dislike it is that they care way too much

Just enjoy the humorous chaos of pubs
>>
>>320933120
I like going into Pudge Wars lobbies and buying the item that lets you throw your teammates at the enemies
>>
File: 1450175043664.jpg (29 KB, 457x381) Image search: [Google]
1450175043664.jpg
29 KB, 457x381
>>320932509
>unironically playing assfaggots

We tried to warn you but you didn't listen. Be a good boy and please fuck off to reddit.
>>
>>320933120

Except it's not fun, unless you get off to eating porridge.
It's predictable and boring as fuck because it's exactly the same as every other game, even though there's few other games as complex or more than Dota.

At least when you're talking about Dota, but custom games are a fucking mess too. All because Valve doesn't actually make anything anymore.
>>
> TFW THE R[A]TS ARE B[A]CK
>>
File: 1427816525170.jpg (90 KB, 449x960) Image search: [Google]
1427816525170.jpg
90 KB, 449x960
>>320933073
For what purpose
>>
>>320933652
I only did that for four games.
All four of them were prior to a certain game that I devastatingly lost because of a certain somebody on my team.
I don't mind losing or having a bad teammate, but if someone refuses to accept fault, take responsibility, and out straight trashtalks to my team when he's the source of why we're losing, you better pray to fucking god that we don't get matched in the same team.
>>
File: dota 2 matchmaking 3.png (1 MB, 1280x784) Image search: [Google]
dota 2 matchmaking 3.png
1 MB, 1280x784
The more you play and the better you get the less fun the game becomes

t. 4k hours played, 5k solo mmr
>>
>>320933021
It was not like this before. About 2 years ago when I still played people would genuinely pick supports/supportive characters.

Now an average team looks like
>Zeus, Broodmother, Sniper, Mirana, Last pick bloodseeker(jungle)

Thankfully I've given up on mobas 2 years ago, the arcade/overthrown is pretty fun though
>>
>>320933120
here's my story in dota pubs, highlighted in sequential points:

1. I dont care and only play party ranked for fun with friends
2. mmr goes somewhere to 4.5k
3. start caring
4. become frustrated easily and lose
5. drop down to 3.5k

repeat from point 1
>>
>>320934445
what bracket are you in?
i havent seen bloodseeker in aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages
4k here
>>
File: american humburger cyka.jpg (855 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
american humburger cyka.jpg
855 KB, 2560x1600
One reason I don't really play it is that a party of 5 is mandatory.
I don't think I've ever had a team without a raging Russian when soloing.
>>
>>320932509
It's fun until you learn how to play believe it or not.

3400+ hours here and i personally regret it. I'll still keep playing because i have already invested alot of time into it but my advice to anyone wanting to try it or any moba is don't, even casual shit like smite gets addicting.
>>
One very fucking simple solution is this:

>First game is quick
>If it turns to shit no problem, you can just bail basically
>Repeat until you win without anyone forfeiting
>Play as a 5 man stack vs. randoms with an MMR bump to your team
>Win or lose, if you play to the end and nobody bails, the game will strongly suggest you guys accept each other as teammates and will try to match you whenever possible again with them in the future, even when solo queuing
>Repeat until you have about 20 or so teammates in reserve

Job fucking done. None of this quarter-arsed guild shit that never went anywhere, no just relying on the community to sort themselves out, no steam friends list management bullshit for a single game, done. Just play.
>>
>>320934695
High/very-high skill pubs
/blogpost initiate/

>Random Clinkz
>Team proceeds to pick Zeus, broodmother, bloodseeker (3stack)
>My friend picks up ogre magi

>Winning, but broodmother gets caught out overextending
>Zeus starts shittalking me about my farm
>Lol 900 hp clinkz
>What is clinkz ult
>Everytime broodmother gets caught out blames me for causing us to lose the game
>broodmother can't do shit and starts the "Ugh end this gg lets give up should I sell my items and spam couriers into the enemy?" mode
>Grab deso and go backdoor apeshit, frequently killing 2-3 people on my own and proceed to take down ~4-5 barracks alone
>Win game
>Broodmother: "I carried this game commend me"
>Zeus "bg"
>Bloodseeker ends with 2/3/5 score on a 55min game

And this happens every. single. fucking. game.
Its tiring as heck
>>
>>320935295
maybe you should buy some hp you retarded faggot.
>>
>>320934892
Yeah, the game's only fun as you learn about items and heroes.
>holy shit, an assassin that can be permanently invisible? damn, I have to try him out!
>an Olympian god that can strike every enemy with one skill? wow, that sounds fun!
>a holy paladin support that can deliver heals and damage at the same time, and give immunity to his team? oh man, i'm picking him next game!
And then the fun just goes downhill from there because you begin to realize the faults you and your team make, and begin trashtalking to each other.
Ignorance is bliss at times.
>>
But LoL is better though and HoTS by a little bit.
>>
File: 1435577657031.png (160 KB, 1261x1366) Image search: [Google]
1435577657031.png
160 KB, 1261x1366
>>320936183
came to the wrong board fuccboi
>>
>>320934445
zeus mid
brood off
sniper safe
mirana roam
bs jungle to protect sniper and to give him the heal for sustain

viable, reported
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.