[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
never played it, why so much hate?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48
File: Metroid_Other_M_cover_jap.jpg (299 KB, 812x1129) Image search: [Google]
Metroid_Other_M_cover_jap.jpg
299 KB, 812x1129
never played it, why so much hate?
>>
Waifufags are upset it ruined their headcanon of a stronk independent womyn.

It should be noted Samus did not have a personality up until then.
>>
the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby
>>
If you look past the moronic plot and inconsistencies, I actually enjoyed this game a lot. Plays great.
>>
play it

>>320931469
and that was a good thing
>>
>>320930996
It's not a bad game, actually has a lot of good in it.
It just doesn't follow the Metroid norm-formula. Also, a lot of people that don't know much about Samus' history got mad that it wasn't Prime 4.
>>
File: why other m is a bad game.png (902 KB, 912x1434) Image search: [Google]
why other m is a bad game.png
902 KB, 912x1434
>>320930996
It's objectively terrible in every way.
>>
File: DONE_FALLIN.jpg (123 KB, 738x1199) Image search: [Google]
DONE_FALLIN.jpg
123 KB, 738x1199
Best Ridley theme?
>>
Because Metroid as a series is overrated garbage.
>>
>>320931469
waifufags kept your shitty series alive faggot
>>
Shitty story, shitty gameplay, shitty areas, shitty new power-ups/features

everything is shit
>>
File: 1445070518467.jpg (8 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1445070518467.jpg
8 KB, 184x184
>>320930996
The gameplay is dull, the way they handled Samus' character was poor, the story wasn't very good, and its incredibly linear. Did I miss anything?
>>
File: remember me.gif (81 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
remember me.gif
81 KB, 300x250
>>320930996
He's the only good thing to come form that blunder.
>>
File: 1436585969164.png (447 KB, 1915x1347) Image search: [Google]
1436585969164.png
447 KB, 1915x1347
>>320930996
>>
>>320931469
It should be noted that this person is retarded.

Other M apologists always try to bullshit that "you're just mad that Samus has a personality/emotions!", presumably while hoping against hope that the people they're talking to have no memory whatsoever of their time spent with the series. In truth, people hate Other M because it took away Samus's established personality and replaced it with a terrible one, and did the same with Adam Malkovich.

Also the gameplay is simplistic and the level design is linear and boring.
>>
>>320931678
>Plays great.

Don't listen to this idiot. It does not. Nearly every aspect of the game is bad. The characters are bad. The story is bad. The level design is bad. The art design is bad. The combat system is bad. The upgrade system is bad. The bosses are ok. The controls are bad. The first person implementation is bad. The puzzle solving is bad.
>>
This game fucks and sucks, don't play it. Thread over
>>
File: gfed wave.gif (652 KB, 450x120) Image search: [Google]
gfed wave.gif
652 KB, 450x120
Character assassination for the most part, otherwise it's a mediocre game overall

It's practically what if Metroid Fusion was much less interesting in both story and gameplay
>>
>>320933757
Not to mention that there is so little new content. No new suits, no actual new beams, few new bosses and a fistful of recycled ones, and first-person mode is fucking dogshit
>>
>>320932508
Pretty much this. The shit story is just the icing on the cake.
>>
>>320931469
>It should be noted Samus did not have a personality up until then.
not only is this blatantly false, but I think I speak for the majority of metroid fans that no personality is way better than the shit other m forced.
>>
>>320930996
It's like the retarted child of the 2D and Prime series, with a shit story to top it all of.
>>
>>320931469
A single fucking cutscene in Zero Mission handled Samus' personality a hundred times better than Other M.
>>
File: PEG OtherM.png (1 MB, 1004x1344) Image search: [Google]
PEG OtherM.png
1 MB, 1004x1344
>>320930996
Perhaps this can help you understand.
>>
I hope Retro is responsible for the next Metroid-title. 2D or not, I don't trust Nintendo before Sakamoto gets the boot.
>>
I knew this would be shit as soon as I saw the auto aiming
>>
>>320932508

A criminal lack of exploration is what killed this one for me.
>>
>>320931469

What the fuck does that have to do with anything
I could have forgiven Other M if it wasn't for the "personality" they gave her and the god awful plot
>>
>>320934017
Samus is basically a series mascot moreso than a character. There's some amall moments of characterization but overall the iconic varia suit image is more important than her backstory or personality. At least, until you get to Other M where her personality is so shit you wish they hadn't bothered.
>>
>>320930996
>that boxart
kill me
>>
>>320932264
>other m apologists are STILL trying to force that only fans of the prime games hate this shit
You guys know that being a sidescroller don't automatically put other m along with super metroid, right?
>>
One thing Samus proved is that the gender of your character doesn't matter as long as they are well done. When you play Samus you don't care to stop and think that she's a female you just play the damn game. What this game did was rely on her being a woman and used it as some desperate attempt at a plot.
>>
>>320934394
>Other M
>A sidescroller
Not that I agree with the other guy, but good working showing that you didn't even play the damn thing.

>>320934609
Also this
>>
>>320934609
To be fair though, she is pretty hot to be so bad ass at the same time
>>
>>320934639
The enviroments are mostly corridors, changing the perspective don't add a lot when you're basically running from one side to another
>>
http://lparchive.org/Metroid-Other-M/Interview%201/
http://lparchive.org/Metroid-Other-M/Interview%202/
http://lparchive.org/Metroid-Other-M/Interview%203/
http://lparchive.org/Metroid-Other-M/Interview%204/

Reminder that literally (not figuratively, LITERALLY) everything terrible in the game was Sakamoto's fault and it is a testament to Team Ninja's skill as game developers that the fucking thing is as playable as it is.
>>
I never got the phantoom thing, was he even that iconic? I swear I never saw people talking that much about him
Or maybe it's just cheap nostalgia points going for the "you'll remember him if you played super metroid :^)"
>>
>>320934927
He's a spooky ghost.
>>
>>320934849
M8 everything in the world is Sakamoto's fault. Would not surprise me in the least if it turned out he was holding Ridley hostage from Smash Bros and forced Sakurai to keep quiet about it.
>>
File: Zero_Suit.png (212 KB, 637x357) Image search: [Google]
Zero_Suit.png
212 KB, 637x357
>>320934849
Wasn't he also responsible for forcing this abomination on the Prime games?
>>
>>320934786
That doesn't make it a sidescroller, though. Would you call Resident Evil a sidescroller?
>>
>>320934994
Can Samus take her suit off or isn't the zero suit basically her skin
>>
>>320934979
Is Sakamoto the George Lucas of video games?
at least of Nintendo
>>
I'm genuinely curious. Is this anything even remotely like a Metroid game?

I would like a Metroid game on my Wii U but all I have are the Prime trilogy. Is it worth picking up or is it just incorrigible shit?
>>
>>320935041
Zeru suit is just like a plugsuit, is something very common in mecha stuff
>>
>>320935103
They're called metroidvanias and there are a lot have fun
>>
>>320935103
> Is this anything even remotely like a Metroid game?

There is running and jumping and shooting.

> Is it worth picking up or is it just incorrigible shit?

Yes. Easiest way to spot someone who doesn't know shit about video games: they claim Other M's gameplay is ok if you look past the story.
>>
>>320935103
Let me take a few quotes from those interviews above:

>IWATA: Why were you so focused on this idea of 'just one Wii Remote', Sakamoto-san?
>SAKAMOTO: Metroid was originally a game for the Family Computer Disk System, and so could be played using just the +Control Pad and two buttons. Back then the game had simple controls: Move with the +Control Pad and use the two buttons to jump and shoot.
>That's why I decided this time to make a game that just used one Wii Remote and didn't use the Nunchuk controller. Even in a Metroid world that ended up being constructed in 3D, the player feels more affinity with Samus when controlling her with the +Control Pad, even more so than with the Control Stick.

>IWATA: What did you find difficult, as chief programmer, Aramaki-san?
>ARAMAKI: All sorts of things, but as you can imagine, there was a lot of trial and error involved with making the game controllable with just one Wii Remote. Every time a new member of staff would join the project, they'd inevitably ask 'why aren't we using the Nunchuk controller?' Of course, there are only a few buttons that can be used on just one Wii Remote, so we had many, many button meetings about how Samus's diverse movements should be controlled.

>SAKAMOTO: Another big theme in the Metroid series is 'exploration'.
>IWATA: By exploring every nook and cranny, players can discover various items and so on, can't they?
>SAKAMOTO: They can indeed. Since the Wii Remote can be used as a 'pointer', we decided to use this feature for exploration. Point the Wii Remote controller at the screen, and the viewpoint changes automatically. We call this the 'Search view'. We make use of 3D space for this, enabling players to fully enjoy the game's characteristic exploration aspect.
>>
>>320935103
Axiom Verge and, to a lesser degree, Xeodrifter.
The Prime trilogy is fantastic. Captures the feeling of isolation and the focus on exploration of the 2D series perfectly. Unless you are one of those faggots that thinks they're too slow or misses the emphasis on platforming, you'll like them.
>>
File: nojfas4i.png (26 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
nojfas4i.png
26 KB, 100x100
>>320931469
>have empty clean plate
>someone takes a shit on it
>wooow stop complaining, at least you have something on your plate now so it's not empty!
>>
>>320935041
Dude what? It's even referred to as a "suit" in its name. Of course she can take it off
>>
>>320935103
Disregard this >>320935282, I read your post completely backwards. I agree with >>320935229
>>
>>320935330
I thought it was infused in her skin because of some parasite idk it's been a while
>>
>>320930996
Horrible story
Mediocre at best gameplay
Horrible level design
No redeeming qualities
>>
>>320935241
>looking around for useless shit equals exploration
holy shit did this guy really worked on the original metroid?
>>
>>320935353
Thats Fusion, and thats because the surgeons trying to save her life couldn't remove it unless she was conscious.
>>
>>320935379
He was the Anakin to Yokoi's Obi Wan
>>
>>320935448
Could anyone in the Star Wars universe defeat Samus?
>>
File: sakamoto.png (45 KB, 1699x270) Image search: [Google]
sakamoto.png
45 KB, 1699x270
>>320935379
Yup
I still don't understand how one could possibly just absolutely shit the bed
>>
>>320935448
Why is this industry so full of hacks? Inafune, Itagaki, Sakamoto, everytime they do something on their own you discover that they did shit for the franchises they're famous for
>>
>>320935569
If Boba Fett was legitimately considered a jedi-killing badass in that universe then I'm going to say no
>>
File: iwata.jpg (93 KB, 636x361) Image search: [Google]
iwata.jpg
93 KB, 636x361
>>320935580
You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become a villain
>>
>>320935791
>Miyamoto was this legendary game designer
>Nowadays everytime a nintendo game is ruined by a bad decision, that decision came from him
Everything is wrong
>>
>>320935580
>Itagaki
Care to explain to a non-hardcore Castlevania fan?
>>
>>320935892
>>320935580
Ah, nevermind, I was mixing him up with Igarashi. Carry on.
>>
incoming pasta but it's all legit

This is why Other M defense force exists, because there are retarded underaged faggots that never played Super Metroid and have no idea what a good Metroid game is like.

It explains the people that somehow think that Other M was okay, let alone 'good': they've literally never played a good Metroid game before. They have no fucking clue what they're talking about.

Even if you pretend Prime doesn't exist (because you're some kind of giga-weeb autist that hates great games), she's still killed Ridley twice before Other M. You can't even use the "back from the dead" excuse as to why she literally goes into crying babby mode, because that's already happened even in Sakamoto's faggot version of the timeline.

But that's irrelevant, because Other M is a steaming pile of shit even without going into how it ruins Samus as a character. Authorization was retarded. Authorizing defensive powerups like the Varia suit was ultra-retarded. The deleter plot is dropped when Sakamoto gets bored of it and never means anything. Adam shoots Samus in the back and the BEST case scenario is that he's a colossal retard because she's never disobeyed any of his orders up to that point in the story. These things just go on and on and on if you pay ANY attention to the """"plot"""".

But let's put aside the plot. Other M is a goddamned terrible Metroid game even if there's no story whatsoever. There is one and exactly one way to get each item in the game. There are fucking invisible walls that prevent you from space jumping to places so that you're forced to solve them the 'right' way. In Super Metroid, there is one door in Norfair that has no fewer than SIX methods of access depending on your equipment and individual skill level at the game, and that sort of thing is common as dirt in that game.

Other M is dogshit and what it does to Samus as a character is the LEAST of its problems.
>>
File: Make_SCIENCE_Metroid.png (72 KB, 611x587) Image search: [Google]
Make_SCIENCE_Metroid.png
72 KB, 611x587
>>320932508
More or less this. Even the things it does well, ends up being mediocre
Every good design decision is hampered by terrible ideas accompany.

Great movement system designed for 6 buttons adapted into 3D? 3 buttons now.
Strategic combat? Not enough buttons or camera control to make it work, so its simplified
Good looking maps. Accompanied by a shitty rail road, which also ruins any map design.
>>
Even if you can stomach the lack of exploration, the uninspired enviroments, the terrible music (except for maybe 2 tracks in the entire game), the pixel hunts, the fact that to trigger the final boss you need to complete one of the pixel hunts without any prompt, the fact that to beat the boss before that you need to use a power you don't know that you can use, the stupid boss designs, the idiotic final boss, the unprecise controls, the clumsy first-person perspective switching, the stupid concentration system, the fact that the stupid concentration system works very poorly (you can only heal yourself when your life is in the red), the lack of interesting power-ups, the fact that the combat boils down to "dogde and shoot", the fact that dodging is so easy you could train a goldfish to do it, the fact that combat does not evolve in any way whatsoever apart from Samus getting more firepower, the criminally linear design, the absolutely retarded story, the cringy character assassination of Samus and the Baby the whole game is just bland and uninteresting...

In other words, when you peel away all of the shit from this game in an attempt to find what little good exists you realise that this game was nothing more but a giant piece of shit all along.
>>
>>320936000

Other M is to Metroid as Revengeance is to Metal Gear
With the exception that Revengeance is actually good within it's own right
>>
>>320936221
>Other M is to Metroid as Revengeance is to Metal Gear

how so? Revengence is a spinoff and it serves as further development for Raiden when Other M assassinated Samus' character
>>
>>320935886
I feel like ultimately the issue comes from the fact is that designers like Miyamoto are older designers that cannot wrap their heads around what people look for in videogames now a days compared to some two decades ago. Time change and people get older sadly.
>>
>>320936000
>All this bullshit
People defend Other M because it makes other people upset. For the sake of shitoosting people would do anything.
Hell, i have seen people defending Devils third as a misunderstood masterpiece just last week so they can shit on nintendo for not supporting the game.
>>
It is literally the Attack of the Clones of video games.
>>
File: 1403538546503.jpg (72 KB, 709x765) Image search: [Google]
1403538546503.jpg
72 KB, 709x765
>yfw metroid will never be good again
>>
>>320936328
I meant it in the sense that people who claim to be a fan of the series but have only ever played that game have no idea what they're fucking talking about
But you're right it doesn't make much sense actually

>>320936438
I'd say it's the Phantom menace even
>>
It was written like a Samus x Adam fanfiction. There was a really fucking weird relationship between the two, where Samus thought of Adam as a father and implicitly obeyed him [despite being a bounty hunter]--even refusing to turn on the AC in her Varia suit when she was fucking melting because he had not given her authorization to do so-- but also kind of wanted to suck his dick.

What little of Samus' personality had been established by previous titles was shat on by her characterization here. She had a fucking panic attack when Ridley, a monster she had hitherto defeated multiple times, appeared. While she mentally regressed to the age of six, her friend shouted at Ridley about not knowing how to treat a lady. And then he got murdered.

And no, the gameplay was not good. It was janky and awful, only tolerable because combat was piss easy. Adam was like a father to me. Visually, the boss designs were cartoonish. The Baby. Regarding gameplay, bosses were boring, having no interesting gimmicks to work out since you could just assume that you had to use whatever Adam had last authorized. Bottle ship. With two exceptions, the environments were generic and ugly, looking like something from a fucking PS2 launch title. Baby's cry. Ridley died off-screen. My thumbs down was a two-fold response.

It was a slap in the face for anybody who had ever played a Metroid game, especially to anybody who'd played the Prime trilogy.
>>
>>320936221
1. The boss fights are done correct, and thats metal gear core aspect
2. All the cutscens are good
3. The only thing changes is the approach to combat between bosses
Other M does nothing Super or Prime really do, its basically Fusion or Zero Mission, but watered down to the point where it loses its quality.

>>320935886
Miyamoto still does his job well. The problem is that he generally don't do his job, because he is moving towards projects of his own.
>>
>>320936438
I rewatched every SW movie last month. Phantom Menace truy is worse.
>>
File: 1447282942561.gif (2 MB, 300x197) Image search: [Google]
1447282942561.gif
2 MB, 300x197
If I get a Wii U can I play all main metroid games on it or is it only backwards compatible with the GC/Wii?

Don't mind something like PSN classics either
>>
>>320936632
1. Use some exploit
2. Install backup loader
3. Install the Prime Trilogy
4. Metroid, Metroid 2, Zero Mission and Fusion all Super Metroid both run fine on Retroarch emulators
>>
>>320936632
Except for metroid 2 and zero mission that I'm not sure if they already released, you can play every metroid on the wii u
>>
File: why is she purple.jpg (86 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
why is she purple.jpg
86 KB, 1280x720
>>320936580
OTHER M, M OTHER, MOTHER
METROID: OTHER M, M:OM, MOM

LOOK AT MY FUCKING ALLEGORY, IT'S PRETTY DEEP
>>
>>320936438
At least that gave us the Clone Wars series.
What did Other M give us?
>>
>>320935580
>Itagaki
Come on, Devil's Third was shit, but it was the result of a tumultuous development period. It switched publishers like three times, consoles twice, and switched engines like three times. They essentially had to build the game from the ground up multiple times.

With enough time, a good budget, and maybe a bit of help, Valhalla Studios could probably make a pretty good game.
>>
>>320937002
I would agree, if it werent for the fact that Itagaki persits on claiming it is a masterpiece.
>>
>>320936774
>>320936820
Good enough for me, gonna wait for a decent bundle and pick one up

thanks m8s
>>
>>320930996
Have you played and enjoyed any other Metroid game? Because Other M retcons literally every single one of them. /r/ing the screencap that proves this.
>>
>>320936364
>For the sake of shitoosting people would do anything.

I know, they defend trash like DmC
>>
>>320936328

> implying revengeance didn't assassinate raiden's character development up until that point

Good game tho
>>
File: 345.png (92 KB, 330x330) Image search: [Google]
345.png
92 KB, 330x330
>tfw Other M killed the series and FF is the nail in the coffin
>>
>>320930996
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lohPjo1SC4g

watch this.
its a bit cringey but that fuck tells you everything you need to know accurately.
>>
>>320937661
what character development?

He was a whiny bitch in 2 and emo as fuck in 4
>>
>>320935570

Considering he experiments so many different designs at some point he's going to trip up. Its worth it for all the successes really.

I'd rather his gameography look like it does now than him playing it safe. If he played it safe Other M wouldn't exist but neither would Wario Ware or Rhythm Heaven or Tomodachi.
>>
>>320930996
Its a good game, but samus act like if she want fuck her adoptive father .
>>
>>320933698
>>320934017
>>320934102
>>320934305

i like her (canon) personality in Other M. its something original instead of what everyone else had in mind for whatever fucking reason.
>>
File: 1441838692910.png (77 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1441838692910.png
77 KB, 625x626
>>320938248
>(canon) personality
>>
>>320938248
>what everyone else had in mind for whatever fucking reason.
That "whatever fucking reason" is the games and the manga.
>>
>>320934849

Jesus christ.

I never played this game because it looked shit but it sounds like a real abortion, how did this guy get in charge of a studio?
>>
>>320938446
>is the games and the manga.

Oh, you didn't pay attention to the thread, alright.

we already made clear that she didn't have any personality in the games up until Other M. So, theres that.

also
>manga
>canon

wew lad.
>>
Imagine a game where Link breaks down crying because he sees Ganon is back from the dead, and also Zelda tells you when you can use your sword, which is only sometimes.
>>
>>320938748
except Link has already developed a personality.

>inb4 thats not true!

Read the Hyrule Historia, which is canon btw.
>>
>>320937381
Fucking really? Source?

Top kek.
>>
File: 1433381612962.jpg (177 KB, 528x516) Image search: [Google]
1433381612962.jpg
177 KB, 528x516
>>320936521

>metroid threads will also never be good again
>>
>>320938872
>except Link has already developed a personality
It's too early in the morning for bait like this, anon.
>>
ADAM ADAM ADAM ADAM ADAM ADAM ADAM ADAM ADAM ADAM
THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY
plus the controls allow for ez pz mode by just flailing your thumb across the d-pad and for the 3 hours I actually played this shit show it just wasn't very metroidy they force you to save to progress and the stupid 3rd to 1st person switch to use missiles is incredibly annoying in fights
>>
>>320938872
HH is just a sloppily put together book with asspull lore shit to shut up fans about "muh timeline" and "muh theories"

HH is the worst thing that could happen to Zelda.
>>
>>320938872
>except Link has already developed a personality.
So has Samus. Have you even played any of the games?

Samus always showed her personality through actions and body language. The Prime games were especially good about this.

>come across nearly extinct race of aliens fighting a forever war with evil and losing terribly
>decide to help b/c why the fuck not? she's/you're Samus fucking Aran
>stumble across dead Galactic Federation troopers
>show's her respect and grieves silently, closing one's eyes to depart the dead
>saves the motherfucking Luminoth at the end
>everyone's cheering and thanking her
>just walks away silently, raising an arm and waving as she leaves, as if to say, "It was really no problem, call me if you need me again."

Not to mention her short dialogues/monologues in Super and Fusion.

Do people who say this shit like not really play video games?

There is no one who played any Metroid game before Other M and thought of Samus as anything she was like that game.
>>
>>320938657

"we" you mean that first post that everybody subsequently shat on?
>>
>>320938657
>we already made clear that she didn't have any personality in the games up until Other M
So now one retard lying about something is "making it clear".

Fucking a hornets nest is the best feeling, you guys. Awesome, glad that's been made clear.
>>
File: IMG_20151009_001953.jpg (203 KB, 707x1000) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151009_001953.jpg
203 KB, 707x1000
>>320936923
Loads of good porn.
>>
>>320937661
Raiden's character was assassinated in MGS4.
At least in MGR he's entertaining.
>>
>>320937661
Bipolar goofball/edgy Raiden > Mopey Snake sucker empty room Raiden
>>
>>320933453

This guy gets it
>>
>>320939317
Its still canon. your opinion means nothing really.
>>
>>320933698

>it took away Samus's established personality

Samus did not have a personality. She was just a generic self-insert.
>>
>>320941640
>canon
Nintendo literally gives zero fucks.
They even retconned the ending of ALttP in ALBW.
HH is useless.
>>
>>320939383
Another good one for people who pay attention is at the end of Prime. Samus makes it a point to stop at the wreckage at the Chozo artifact temple, leave her ship, remove her helmet, just to take in the burning ruins. We even get a close-up as she closes her eyes and her head lowers ever so slightly.

I also really liked this one. (1:25)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiFw1gajVjc#t=1m25s

What I see is Samus confronted with her archnemesis who has obviously changed since their last encounter, sporting heavier armor plating than ever before. At first backing off, both arms lowered, with no attempts to engage in combat, she also doesn't take the opportunity to strike when he roars or when his chest is exposed, even though both were weak points the last couple of times they fought. I see a Samus who can still be intimidated when she's confronted by a major challenge. But then she regains her composure and the battle begins
>>
>>320933875

>Character assassination

You can't assassinate something that doesn't exist
>>
>>320935297

The problem is Metroidfags delude themselves in thinking she wasn't an empty clear plate.
>>
>>320937760
>accurately
there's a good chunk of headcanon on this video, he also seems to take the whole samus mother relationship with the infant metroid from other m as canon
>>
>>320930996
To be honest, I've played through the game for a second time a few weeks ago because I wanted to play some Metroid and to give the game a honest chance.

What I ended up with is a very simple game gameplay-wise, but I had fun nonetheless. The gameplay reminds me of previous 2D Metroid games in the sense that it's very simple: most of the time it's jump and shoot, you expand your arsenal over time and get to reach new areas as it expands. It's not without it's flaws, however, it should have been compatible with the nunchuck and the classic controller, but it's not flawed enough to be unbearable to me.

It's a different take on it, and I get that most people didn't like it and I'm not here to change anyone's mind either. The story has a lot of problems and the game is fairly easy, even on harder difficulties. A lot of people had issues with taking orders from Adam as far as the item restriction goes, but I thought it was a nice departure from the "find every powerup as you go" routine the other games from the series have, even though the concept stays the same.

It's not my least Metroid game, my least favorite would have to be the original because the remake does everything better and adds more. Then, Metroid 2: let's be honest, it hasn't aged very well. And then Other M. To be honest, I like every game of the series anyway so it's not like I hate 2, but that's besides the point.

Like I said, I'm not trying to change anyone's existing opinion, but give it a chance. It's a different take on the series gameplay-wise, it's more of an action game instead of the platformer/exploration game Metroid is known for. The story is definitely the lowest point for me, but if you can look past that, you might be surprised. To me, Other M is a 6.5/10
>>
>>320935569

She couldn't defeat a single Metroid in the end of Super so I'd say yes, many Star Wars characters could choke a bitch.
>>
>>320938872
He developed several, since it's not only one link
>>
>>320941798

You can when throw out what little character she had and replace it with the personality of a heroine's from a shitty hentai.

I mean, what sort of idiot would walk into a blazing inferno without heat protection just because Adam didn't authorize it until she was already halfway through the zone?
>>
>>320939383

>Samus always showed her personality through actions and body language

You waifufags are completely delusional
>>
>>320942084

The problem with MOMfags is that they refuse to acknowledge personality quirks unless they're obvious.

I guess it makes sense though, considering most autists don't understand subtlety.
>>
story is very very very dull and full of incongruencies, tho I liked the mole part
worst thing about the game is how it butchers samus and adam's personalities
they made adam a bad stereotypical american army official and samus a whiny bitch who shits herself when she sees ridley, even though having defeated him multiple times before

also that ice resistant metroid thing
that made as much sense as ME2 ffs

>>320931469
this is false tho
have you not played fusion, or read the official manga, or paid attention when playing super and zero mission?
>>320935081
yes
fusion is so good
>>320935402
that's not even the zero suit tho, it's the fusion suit
>>320942254
you defeat a lot of normal metroids from the point when you reach tourian to the point when you defeat mother brain
or
>I haven't played the game but I'll post anyway
>>
>>320942609
Except that she did.

Prime subseries was especially good for this. Samus is pretty damn expressive there without ever speaking.

See >>320941793

They were just pretty subtle about it. The fact that you never picked up on it doesn't surprise me considering that you're a fucking moron.
>>
>>320942196
The original is still a better metroid than other m, no matter how much better zero mission was
The only problems I have with it is having to grind for hp every time you die and one or two parts that requires random bombing to progress
>>
File: absolutely disgusting.gif (2 MB, 357x238) Image search: [Google]
absolutely disgusting.gif
2 MB, 357x238
>>320942609
>samus doesn't say anything so she doesn't have a personality
>this is actually what people unironically think
>mfw
>>
>>320942869
Well it's not like the original Metroid sucks, it's just that every other Metroid game is better (to me, at least). And especially since Zero Mission exists, I have literally no reasons to go back to it.
>>
>>320941790
What part of alttp was retconned in albw?
>>
>>320931469
Metroid Prime 2 did more to establish Samus' character with zero dialogue and minimal cutscenes than the entirety of Other M.
>>
I would totally let Sakamoto die if it meant the gods could revive Iwata back to life.
>>
The one thing that I will say I don't get the bitching about is Ridley's life cycle.

Ridley clearly operates differently than other life forms, and clearly goes through distinct metamophosis phases during maturation. Many creatures on earth have really bizarre larval stages. Check out the tarpon, or sea stars, or tunicates.
>>
>>320943262
He already stepped down from metroid, so at least we're not getting another other m
>>
>>320943147
Ganon got sealed together with the triforce of power.
>>
>>320943418
My problem with it is that he clearly tried to set a recurrent enemy that would be impossible to identify as ridley, but that at the end would reveal itself as ridley and surprise
His life cycle don't have to make sense, but his intentions with it were pretty clear
>>
>>320938248
>Bella Swan personality
>Original
Naw bro.
>>
>>320943191
Metroid Prime 2 probably has the best narrative, or at least the best execution of narrative in the entire Metroid franchise. It's so fucking good.

It has more cutscenes than Prime 1, but it still manages to be non-linear like a Metroid game should be. Through short, brief, and to the point cutscenes, we're given greater context into the plot of MP2, as well as short glimpses into Samus' personality. Through the odd setpiece and scripted event, we get to see interesting developments through real time. All of this with MP1's scanning system, that let you piece the rest of the plot together as you move along.

My ideal Metroid game would have a narrative executed like MP2 but with actual dialogue and voice acting, including for Samus, BUT Samus would still be characterized as a person who speaks softly and only when absolutely necessary. But still a confident badass, with great empathy towards the people she helps, as well with maybe a side of sarcasm.
>>
>>320943557
And in the oracles the triforce was complete and ganon was partially ressurected
We barely know how the triforce works, it's supposed to go for people worth of it when someone who don't hold the 3 values try to use it, but in most of the games link, zelda and ganon just have them from the beginning, there's also the thing with ganon having it in TP despite never entering the sacred realm in the kid timeline
Also "sealed" means nothing in zelda, everytime ganon comes back was from being previously sealed
>>
File: 1283879987458.png (415 KB, 820x1200) Image search: [Google]
1283879987458.png
415 KB, 820x1200
Even the manga got this shit right.
>>
>>320943930
You clearly don't remember the ending of ALttP, and from the looks of things haven't even played ALBW.
>>
>>320935886
People put too much stock in blaming miyamoto for the bad decisions, he usually gives out general, sometimes senseless advice that the developers can choose to follow. He was the one who convinced retro to make their metroid game in a first-person perspective, with various visors. From what I remember, he did that by saying something like "what if Samus had the head of an insect, that could perceive colors and objects that you normally wouldn't?"

On the more recent matters, it's usually a case of
>developer making a sequel to a game that is literally the same game with a new story and better graphics
>miyamoto asks them if they can't think of something new for the gameplay
>they try something new that isn't as well received as the old gameplay
>FUCKING SENILE MIYAMOTO RUINED MY GAME
>>
>>320930996
Primefags mad it ruined their feminist headcanon of strong independent womyn.

It's just Super in 3D so it was closer in spirit to what Metroid is than the bad Halo knock offs.
>>
File: Metroid Prime vs Samus.webm (3 MB, 682x386) Image search: [Google]
Metroid Prime vs Samus.webm
3 MB, 682x386
No personality.
>>
>>320930996
>she loses her baby
>initials of Metroid Other M are MOM
lul
>>
>>320944307
Now in fairness, I don't think anyone would argue if they just finally made a new 'proper' Paper Mario in the same vein as PM1 and TTYD.

Or a new F-Zero finally.

Sometimes you don't HAVE to reinvent the wheel.
>>
File: que.jpg (37 KB, 348x342) Image search: [Google]
que.jpg
37 KB, 348x342
>The bottle ship send a distress called "babys cry" because it was designed to attract attention
>>
>>320943425
No, he is very much still in control of Metroid. Tanabe confirmed this in an interview.
>>
>>320945024
DON'T YOU GET IT
BABIES
MOM
OTHER M
MOTHER BRAIN
BOTTLES

IT'S LIKE POETRY, IT RHYMES
>>
File: 1444772804457.jpg (55 KB, 437x468) Image search: [Google]
1444772804457.jpg
55 KB, 437x468
>>320930996
Sakamoto's brain rotted out while the West made better Metroid games than him, so he tried to reclaim Samus/Metroid by inserting himself into a contained linear story where Adam (Sakamoto) sits in a safe command room and torments Samus, sending her to do dangerous shit without the proper equipment (which she has but won't use because her sugar daddy Adam (Sakamoto) didn't give permission)

Other M is the one thing I will give to feminists. Anyone with a brain should be offended by how the entire story is handled.

If you care about good writing and pacing, this game will piss you off (despite Sakamoto deliberately trying to make a "Space Drama" tv episode kind of thing which he utterly fails at)

If you care about interesting characters, look elsewhere; the Marines on the ship with Samus are Generic Dudes who get procedurally killed off by one of their own and then completely forgotten by the "plot" (seriously the murder subplot has no resolution)

If you care about old-school 2D Metroid gameplay this game will still piss you off because even though Team Ninja clearly did their best, they were not Metroid devs and could only make a shallow imitation of the classic 2D formula with braindead easy secrets

and if none of that convinces you sakamoto didn't care about anything other than his shitty insert story, he also graciously included Theater Mode which lets the game auto-play levels as quick as possible to get back to just the awful cutscenes.

if anyone has the Iwata Asks screenshot about sakamoto's retardation making OM there's that too.
>>
File: 1432254937400.jpg (331 KB, 600x967) Image search: [Google]
1432254937400.jpg
331 KB, 600x967
>Other M was just a one-off game
>Ninendo will pump out another Prime game and it'll be the best thing ever
>we'll have a new Metroid game by 2015, just you wait! and it'll be on the WiiU and have super high def graphics!
>have faith in Nintendo, they're the best developers ever

Always do the opposite of what /v/ says.
>>
>>320942609
Anonymous, I don't mean to worry you, but you may actually be autistic.
>>
>>320945908
>if anyone has the Iwata Asks screenshot about sakamoto's retardation making OM there's that too.
What is this?
>>
>>320945024
I quit the game when I read that shit.

It was fucking dreadful.
>>
File: 1450309873797.png (21 KB, 508x610) Image search: [Google]
1450309873797.png
21 KB, 508x610
>>320945908
>>320935241
>>320935570
I honestly find it hilarious how Iwata Asks backfired.
If it was made back when Nintendo was at the top of their game it would have been extremely interesting, but today only served to expose these peoples incompetence.
Dunno which is more infuriating, if this or the PM SS one.
>>
>>320947013
Sakamoto wouldn't allow Samus to be purple (Gravity Suit) because in all of his "serious" cutscenes, he said "this big purple person" looked out of place and "strange"

He literally looked at the devs during a test demo and asked why she was purple, to which a dev responded that Gravity Suit being purple was one of HIS rules which had been set in stone for Metroid eons ago, and he started to complain openly about it. But since it was 'policy', they tried to push him to reconsider.

Sakamoto refused. She has to be orange the entire game or his "serious dialogue" would look "silly" with Samus in purple. The compromise they eventually reached (with many staff presenting color schemes pushing back toward purple), Sakamoto compromised that Samus could have a 'purple glow' around her suit and pink lights on her armor. That's it
>>
File: image.png (843 KB, 701x896) Image search: [Google]
image.png
843 KB, 701x896
>>320947764

Its only infuriating if you don't want to allow Nintendo to experiment. Which is what lead to most of your favourite entries within those series in the first place or their creation.
>>
>>320937992
honestly i could live without any of those if it meant his brain stayed fresh enough to make one more decent metroid title rather than Samus being entirely represented by the worst sequel ever
>>
Other M hate is a reddit meme.
>>
>>320948456

i'd rather Nintendo not experiment, just take a formula and improve it and be sensible about it.

Imagine if NSMB wasn't just a blatant cash grab rehash with no good content whatsoever.
>>
File: 1450487136803.png (84 KB, 482x395) Image search: [Google]
1450487136803.png
84 KB, 482x395
>>320948456

>it's only okay if Nintendo experiments

Get a load of this guy.
>>
>>320948456
>literally defending MOM and SS moronic decisions
It's not the first time I've seen you defending shit games with that same image, just stop, it's embarassing.
>>
>>320948720
>i'd rather Nintendo not experiment, just take a formula and improve it and be sensible about it.
>Imagine if NSMB wasn't just a blatant cash grab rehash with no good content whatsoever.

Sorry there's no Super Mario Bros, the only Mario game is Donkey Kong the arcade game which Miyamoto rehashed until arcades fell out of favor.
>>
>>320948456
>Sakamoto not knowing the Gravity Suit is purple is "Nintendo trying to experiment"
This fucking guy.
>>
>>320948974

I'll take it over a world whereOther M exists.
>>
File: Miyamoto thinking.jpg (192 KB, 1216x1280) Image search: [Google]
Miyamoto thinking.jpg
192 KB, 1216x1280
>>320948862

Its the first time I've posted that image. Maybe you should actually give some decent reasons why I'm wrong rather than attack the image I posted buddy.
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 183x183) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 183x183
>>320930996
It tried to develop a character by taking away any development they had before.

Other M takes place after super metroid so this means her encounter with Ridley in Other M would be her 5th so far, 6th if you count her encounter as a child. For her to shit her pants over an enemy she'd seen die at least three times before is pretty fucking stupid f a m.

Gameplay was good though. Not great but certainly not bad.
>>
>>320930996
Without even going into its story and writing, its linear as fuck, more linear and guided than Fusion. Hell it makes Fusion look like Super Metroid in terms of freedom. The combat sucks, there's these shitty find the pixel sections in first person, and other things. Other M has nothing going for it.
>>
>>320949272
Except for some fucking reason, the Prime games don't exist in Sackofshit's canon.
>>
>>320949167
What's there to discuss?
Experimenting is only a good thing if the result isn't a complete pile of shit.
Are you implying MOM and SS are good games?
>>
>>320948720
>i'd rather Nintendo not experiment, just take a formula and improve it and be sensible about it.
Or when they experiment, maybe DO something with those experiments? Where is Sunshine 2? Where is motion controls F-Zero?? Why doesn't Smash4 even have touchscreen support??

What are they DOING at Nintendo? Everything they've released has been mediocre leaning toward bad this year, the only good thing was Splatoon and guess fucking what; of course that's the only game made by a new, young dev team and not by old senile men who passed their prime at least 10 years ago?
>>
>>320949402
Then I guess that makes it her 4th counting her childhood. Still seen the fucker die twice before. The whole "scared of Ridley" bit should've happened long before it did.
>>
>>320949691
Paper Jam, XCX, Mario Maker are good as well.
>>
>>320942609
>I haven't played Prime 2: The Post
>>
>>320949772

>Paper Jam
Rehashed Dream Team with even more tutorials

>XCX
Weeaboo grinding simulator with anime kids and boring cinematics everywhere

>Mario Maker
Basically Lunar Magic with no KBM support and 60 dollar price tag.

You call that good?!
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 706x396) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 706x396
>>320949691
Experimenting is what killed Chibi Robo.

Never forget our friend Chibi.
>>
>>320949892
Nice job proving you never touched any of these games.
>>
>>320930996
Extremely linear, had quite a few scenes that bitch checked Samus.

I'm no feminist, I hate the bitches that are but this game killed the character for a lot of people.

Overall it just casualled down, that said I can't say I didn't play it through completely and found it somewhat enjoyable, because I did. It wasn't the absolute wankstain most people make it out to be, but it was bad.

Then again I've been getting cucked by the MMO industry for years now so what do I know.
>>
>>320949892
>Everything ever made sucks
You must be fun at parties. What are your favorite games released recently? Or are you stuck in the past?
>>
>ass retarded plot
>Samus constantly whines about thhe baby, can only act when told to act, and breaks down crying when she sees Ridley
>game is completely linear
>gameplay is mediocre at best
>>
>>320949892
>paper jam
>more tutorials
at least play the games before you shitpost
>>
>>320930996
If you have any preconceived notions about Samus' personality or attitude, this game will constantly hammer in that Sakamoto thinks you are wrong, and that Samus is really a cowering waifu-chan who sobs, vomits, and lets herself nearly burn to death out of rigid loyalty to orders she has no official reason to follow.

Whether or not you care about Samus as a character, playing OM just feels cruel, you have to willingly ignore common sense and personal safety, basically you have to like following orders (even terribly stupid ones) to enjoy this game which is Sakamoto's Submission Adventure
>>
>>320949989
>>320950223

Am I wrong though? You can claim that I haven't touched thse games, but you act like they're the pinnacle of creativity or good game design.

>>320950089

>What are your favorite games released recently?
I prefer games that aren't story-driven trash, or poor cash-ins on things I've already played. In all fairness, this pretty much means that my favorite titles this year aren't on consoles.
>>
Why do people always bring up "they changed Samus' personality" as the biggest issue with the character writing in Other M

The characters being ridiculously unlikable, poorly written pieces of shit who accomplish nothing of worth over the course of the story with the monologues and exposition about the characters outright contradicting what the viewer sees from them during cutscenes, let alone their actions in other games, is why the character writing is bad.

Samus Aran in Other M would be just awful if this was the first time we were ever introduced to her.
>>
>>320949910
It's actually the opposite. The first game was experimental and then they tried to homogenize the IP into something that would sell better. They outright stated that Zip-Lash was 2D because a full 3D adventure like the first game would 'overwhelm' modern kids (we have only gotten dumber lately)
>>
>>320949691
>Where is motion controls F-Zero??
Boy, I can't wait for Nintendo to casualize F Zero with another retarded control scheme nobody asked for.
>>
Other M retconned and changed every other game in the series so they would fit Sakamoto's motherhood motif. Super Metroid was hit especially hard, chhanging it form Samus going after Ridley to stop the Pirates from making another Metroid army to "OH MY GOD MY CHILD GIVE ME BACK MY PRECIOUS BABY!!". Other M's very first opening cutscene took a big fat shit all over the ending of Super with how it showed the last aprt of the fight: the Metroid dangling Samus up in the air at Mother Brain's optimal firing height instead of shielding her on the ground with its body, Mother Brain finishing it off with Hyper Beam when she should have lost it because the Metroid drained it from her to give to Samus, Samus' whispy gaspy thoughts and moping when the Metroid is mortally wounded.
>>
Remember when everyone was upset because Team Ninja was giving Samus too much ass and titties.

It's ironic because now that is the best part of the whole game.
>>
>>320950871
It really is.
>>
>>320949892
>Paper Jam
restricted to only references from Sticker Star, a direct result of Miyamoto being a little bitch (just like he was with Galaxy 1 and 2 and SS itself)
>XCX
Monolith Soft are actually decent developers and it's a real shame they didn't go to Sony instead. We would have gotten the game uncensored, more wiggle room for M-Soft to improve the game, graphics would be even better, etc
>Mario Maker
would be a really novel concept if they didn't instantly make it obvious it was made in response to fear of emulation and ROMs, since they went on a spree of takedown notices INSTANTLY when the game came out, targeting anything that even looked emulated or modded.

Also if you don't see MM as a very unsubtle hint that Nintendo would rather people make their own Mario games than continue to rely on them (who are out of ideas), you are thick bro
>>
>>320942609
You're probably one of those voice actor-worshiping autists from /co/ who thinks accents are actual character.
>>
>>320950269
>Am I wrong though
Damn fucking right you're wrong, the only forced tutorial is in the middle of the game and explains battle cards, and even then you can fastforward that shit. Any other tutorial is optional.
>>
File: How Miyamoto saved Mario Galaxy.png (449 KB, 3234x1006) Image search: [Google]
How Miyamoto saved Mario Galaxy.png
449 KB, 3234x1006
>>320950998
>just like he was with Galaxy 1 and 2 and SS itself

Miyamoto saved Mario Galaxy. Koizumi almost ruined it.
>>
>>320950998
>>320951162

>Also if you don't see MM as a very unsubtle hint that Nintendo would rather people make their own Mario games than continue to rely on them (who are out of ideas), you are thick bro
People have been doing that for years. And there was never any profit from it whatsoever. The sites where Lunar Magic and SMBX were hosted didn't even have ads on them. It was unfair for Nintendo to suddenly claim that nobody is allowed to have fun making Mario levels without giving them money. It's also pretty hypocritical when most Nintendo fans called level editors "autistic shit" when games like Little Big Planet did it.

Seriously leaves me with a sour taste in my mouth.

>Any other tutorial is optional.
Yeah, sure.
>>
>>320951236
>>Any other tutorial is optional.
>Yeah, sure.
Okay, you're just shitposting, good to know.
>>
>>320951162
>replying to ACfag
It's funny how he's attracted to Other M threads, like a fly to a big stinking shit.
>>
>>320951236
>It's also pretty hypocritical when most Nintendo fans called level editors "autistic shit" when games like Little Big Planet did it.

Why do you assume that only Nintendo fans hate level makers?
>>
File: 1434232904570.png (2 MB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1434232904570.png
2 MB, 768x1024
>>320950571
I'm saying that if they want to show off their gimmicks, they have ideas on the table that could EASILY advertise those gimmicks and yet they don't see the appeal of making them

>F-Zero with optional gamepad motion controls
>Pokemon Snap 2 using the gamepad as a camera

these ideas are right in front of their fucking eyes and they are like UHHH I REALLY DUNNO HOW 2 MAKE THESE GAMES COOL 2DAY HURRRDURRR
>>
>>320951349
>>320951236
Oh, never mind, it's ACfag. How many years has it been and you're STILL doing this exact same performance?
>>
>>320951314

I'm sorry for not liking everything that Nintendo pumps out just for a quick buck.

>>320951349

>Why do you assume that only Nintendo fans hate level makers?
PC fans wouldn't hate it, since they're prominent on the platform. Xbox fans might be the culprits, but that's more of a 50/50 split.

I just assume Nintendo fans because Nintendo makes something, and it's common sense that the fans would attack anything not by their favorite company.
>>
>>320951236
>People have been doing that for years. And there was never any profit from it whatsoever.
Nintendo did not know what PSN or Xbox Live were as recently as like 2 years ago. Their grasp of PC culture is so limited I wouldn't even be surprised if none of them had played an emulator in their lives.
>>
>>320951461

Tell you what, I'll leave 4chan forever and never post again if you can tell me when the next REAL Metroid game is coming out, one that isn't just a lazy cash-in.

:^)
>>
>>320951562
If only that could be true.
>>
>>320951475
>and it's common sense that the fans would attack anything not by their favorite company

So SOME Nintendo fans are exactly like some Sony fans, some Microsoft fans, some Rare fans, some fans of everything ever. Being a rabid retard is not something exclusive only to things you hate.
>>
>>320950871
Funny, I don't remember anyone saying that. The worry has always been that they would focus on tits and ass instead of making a good Metroid game, which did kinda happen although not because of Team Ninja.
>>
>>320951642

>SOME
That implies that there's some sensible people among the fanboys, which as /v/ demonstrates a good portion of the time, is rarely true. And I don't mean anything offensive by that, I try not to at least. but look at the current state of /v/ and tell me that I'm wrong.
>>
>>320951183
So many things in that highlighted portion alone contradict shit Miyamoto has said elsewhere. He absolutely does not make games keeping in mind players older than 12
>>
>game is so bad not only did it ruin Metroid and any respect Metroid once had but also made it impossible to talk about Metroid
Thanks Sakamoto you fucking hack
>>
>>320951562
Constantly shitting up any and all Metroid-related threads on 4chan isnt going to make Nintendo make anything. We all know your grievances, and we all hate MOM, too, stop preaching to the choir.
>>
>>320951796
>using 4chan to say it's how everyone in the world acts and thinks

Maybe you should get off the internet and actually interact with humanity in person before you insist on doing something this incredibly idiotic.
>>
>space pirates
>they never actually illegally download anything or pillage and plunder like real pirates
????????
>>
>>320951926

>Constantly shitting up any and all Metroid-related threads on 4chan
Excuse me? I'm airing my grievances with Neo-Nintendo and consoles in general, and I try to do it as respectfully as possible.

"Shitting up" a thread would imply blatant use of ad hominem, racial slurs, swearing, and unnecessary hostility. Like calling someone a faggot, or a sonygger, or a nintenyearold, or whatever buzzwords have come into circulation as of late. I try to avoid all of that when I post.

Why? Because I genuinely care about good video games, but I'm sick of garbage being praised on a pedestal, so I try to encourage healthy discussion.
>>
>>320952145
>they never actually illegally download anything
How do you know that? Maybe they're just really good at hiding their porn.
>>
File: 1434530637414.jpg (376 KB, 630x772) Image search: [Google]
1434530637414.jpg
376 KB, 630x772
>>320951814
It's also Nintendo's fault for doing nothings to fix things in 5 years, and then coming out with a something even more offensive.
>>
>>320952147
If lying to yourself makes you feel better, be my guest, I guess.
>>
>>320951926
Please don't reply to that waste of oxygen.
>>
>>320952278

IF you think I'm lying, then so be it. But don't forget that I predicted that Nintendo would never make a real Metroid again, that Samus would just be relegated to T&A in Smash Brothers, and the best Metroid would get is some cheap spinoff.

If only you had listened.
>>
>>320952147
Oh horseshit, you always do the exact same thing every time you show your face. You accuse everyone who responds to you of being one person who worships Sakamoto and Other M, ignore everything that proves you wrong, thinks a measly one million sales after almost ten years means all 9+ billion people on Earth proclaimed MOM to be the best game ever, and accuse Nintendo fans of being blind raging fanboys for not murdering Miyamoto and burning down Nintendo HQ.
>>
>>320951807
>Contradict shit Miyamoto has said elsewhere.

Such as?
>>
>>320952147
Could you put up a trip, so that I could filter you?
>>
>>320952474
Don't forget calling every game he hasn't played shit because they're not on PC.
>>
>>320951414
Fucking this.

Nintendo is awful at introducing gimmicks, then actually fully realizing them.

The Wii Remote + Nunchuk had all of maybe 4 or 5 first-party games that actually used the motion and pointer controls well.

The Wii U gamepad has like, three maybe.

I sincerely hope Zelda U has a PictoBox so I can take pictures.

It gets even worse when you realize that a lot of their first-party games don't even use gimmicks that would make a lot of sense to include, like five-player local multi with Mario Kart 8.

Nintendo are a bunch of morons.
>>
File: two legends square off.png (320 KB, 680x1134) Image search: [Google]
two legends square off.png
320 KB, 680x1134
>>320952474

>You accuse everyone who responds to you of being one person who worships Sakamoto and Other M
Look at this thread and tell me I'm wrong. People from the very first post were trying to apologize for Other M, saying that "it has good gameplay" and "it's just the primefags!" And like one person is actually arguing against it.

>ignore everything that proves you wrong
I can't ignore what doesn't exist.

>thinks a measly one million sales after almost ten years means all 9+ billion people on Earth proclaimed MOM to be the best game ever
Funny, because when Undertale sells about 600,000 copies on steam, people ITT assume that this means that "all PC fans are stupid faggot hipsters". It's been a funny year of hypocrisy, don't you think? And nobody even realizes it, and that's the unsettling part.

>and accuse Nintendo fans of being blind raging fanboys
Again, it's not just Metroid that proves me right. Look at a certain gamefaq poll and all the pure anger that came from it. /v/ used to love messing up gamefaq polls with bub and bob and Launchpad, and etc. But when Undertale wins something? Hoo boy, the fire rises.
>>
>>320952729
>like five-player local multi with Mario Kart 8.

Can you imagine how tiny the screens for each player would be? It's obnoxious enough with four people.
>>
>>320952729
>PIctobox ever coming back

anon i'm so sorry but with each new nintendo game, they have to ditch a bunch of old features to include all new mediocre features instead. we will never see pictobox in another zelda game.
>>
File: do this right now.jpg (112 KB, 429x297) Image search: [Google]
do this right now.jpg
112 KB, 429x297
>>320952837
Adn there it is. Nearly ten years and you haven't changed one bit, the exact same song and dance.
>>
>>320952837
I really hope none of you will reply to this.
>>
>>320952924
No you idiot.

One player on the Gamepad. The rest on the tv screen.

Fuck, there are third-party games on the Wii U that already do this, like S&SASRT. Fucking Nintendo couldn't even do this in a flagship title. Can't even show why or how the GamePad might substantially add to gameplay in their own game.

>>320952940
So fucking true it hurts.
>>
File: 1449620973340.gif (44 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
1449620973340.gif
44 KB, 150x150
>>320953079
>>320953054

May I ask why you guys didn't offer a counterargument to what I said? There's a few points you left undiscussed.
>>
>>320953227
Because you've been posting the exact same shit for years.
You must be a special kind of autist, I tremble thinking how you look and how your life must be like.
>>
>>320953219
>those fake leaks saying Boss monsters would be playable on the gamepad in Smash Bros

god that would have been so fucking cool and the ridley shitters would've finally shut up
>>
>>320953413

>Because you've been posting the exact same shit for years.
Nobody has ever answered my questions or given me a proper rebuttal. It's always the same song and dance. "You just have to believe in Nintendo!" "Nintendo would never intentionally insult its fans!" "a new Metroid will be out before the end of 2012, just you see!" "it'll be out before the end of 2013, just you wait!" "Any year now, you'll see!"

All I'm trying to be is a little more sensible, without falling into console fanboyism.
>>
This is the best bait I've seen in a while.
Keep it up my man.
>>
>>320953616
Hey, all Sakurai has to do is put him on the roster. He couldn't even follow his own reason for not making him playable, seeing as Ridley spends most of his time on the ground and not flying when he comes out.
>>
>>320935570
he doesn't deserve those credits for Prime games, makes it seem like he had anything to do with them being good. they were good specifically because the IP was taken away from him before he went full retard.
>>
>>320953784
And still you keep going.
I feel sorry for your parents.
>>
>>320954014

>parents

Oh, you humans and your silly familial constructs.
>>
>>320949272
>It tried to develop a character by taking away any development they had before.
I just want to point out that this is basically what Disney did with new Star Wars and they still made it work somehow.

So the idea of abandoning prior canon and simultaneously acknowledging your reboot as a sequel to all that canon can be done. If you're not a braindead idiot like Sakamoto.
>>
>>320949402
OM actually contradicts every single other Metroid game at some point. Partially because he wouldn't acknowledge Westerner Prime canon and also because his brain got moldy and he forgot all his own canon as well. So shit like Metroids adapting to cold and her relations with Ridley, the Federation, even something as basic as "prior experience working with others while bounty hunting"
>>
>>320941669
She had shown morals, integrity, empathy and anger towards bullshit in previous games.
>>
>>320952482
well when was the last time you found any miyamoto-helmed games challenging, or including references a five year old wouldn't understand? How are his modern games in any way appealing to people over the age 10-15 years at most?
>>
File: 31847246.jpg (374 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
31847246.jpg
374 KB, 1000x1000
>>320931632
>>
>>320931469
Nice assumptions, bruh
If you actually took the time to delve into lore, Samus actually does have an established character.
>>320943191
Fucking this. Hell, the first time she meets U-Mos pretty much instantly establishes that she doesn't like to let her guard down around alien lifeforms. How is this shown? She keeps her cannon pointed at him until he explains the situation and shows that he isn't a threat. No dialogue from Samus, just physical signs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zM9vyhkqGl4
I actually do hope we get a new Metroid game that takes nuances from Prime, but also gives Samus proper dialogue like what >>320943929 said, where she doesn't talk much or even with heavy emotion, but just enough that we get insight on what she's thinking and whatnot.
>>
>>320935103
Just buy Super and Fusion from the eShop
>>320948501
Eh, I wouldn't agree with that fully, but I get what you're saying
>>
>>320930996
Combat amounts to mashing. Controls are funky because they decided to limit them to a single wiimote. Minimal exploration. Disappointing graphics. Plot is Metroid Fusion, just executed much worse. The writers only knew how to tell, not how to show.

It wasn't completely abysmal. There were redeemable moments scattered throughout it, but then again, most of those were enhanced by nostalgia. Its only redeeming factor is I think the frantic pace of the action, which is an element from the original games that the Primes never quite achieved.
>>
I wish FedForce could be replaced with Paper Metroid. Just a goofy spinoff that puts Metroid back on the map so we can get another mainline game.
>plays like a combo of Super Paper Mario and Super Metroid
>instead of 2D -> 3D, have it switch from 2.5D-ish sidescroller to a first-person view with setpieces not too unlike pop-up books and the like
>has puzzles that involve "technology" (really just paper gimmicks implemented in a clever way)
>get glimpses of Space Pirate interaction where they're a bunch of bumbling idiots like the TUUUUUUBES comics in true Intelligent Designs fashion
It could definitely work. Just make sure it's not just a reskinned Paper Mario. If it means making Metroid relevant again, I'd take it
>>
>>320955278
like if you want a samus figma the only one available is from Other M because of its simplistic suit design-- meaning i have to buy merch from the worst game in the series just to have merch at all. AND her amiibos are OM. AND her stage in Smash4 is OM.

they use her OM suit on all their promotional images still because it's the most recent game

it is just fucked up, that the stain of OM permeated so many additional games purely because they could not come up with a single new Metroid game since over 8 years ago
>>
>>320955658
Nintendo aren't even able to do Paper Mario anymore, let alone a Metroid version.
>>
>>320930996
What it did good:
Good graphics
Good scene direction for action scenes and in general
Decent gameplay
Boss callbacks were nice
Best Ridley music
Best Ridley intro
Scariest Ridley of the series

What it did wrong:
Everything else
>>
>>320955926
>Good graphics
No

>Good scene direction for action scenes and in general
No

>Decent gameplay
Fuck no

>Boss callbacks were nice
I'd rather they not have raped Nghtmare like they did in MOM.

>Best Ridley music
>Best Ridley intro
Agreed

>Scariest Ridley of the series
No.
>>
>>320930996
I wonder if kids who have grown up since after Other M are confused as to why Samus is prominently displayed all over Nintendo stuff but hasn't had a sequel in their entire 9 year old lives.

Like at least F-Zero gets a car and several stages in MK8 so kids could associate F-Zero with that game.

what is metroid modernly associated with by kids? there's been less than nothing for samus or the two kinds of beloved gameplay it has. Retro don't want to make Prime 4, Nintendo doesn't want to make a new 2D Metroid... yet they keep advertising it, as a flagship IP, and still use an 8 year old, EXTREMELY bad sequel that essentially deconstructed the main character and gameplay and left a big mess on the floor

instead of cleaning up sakamoto's piss stain on the carpet, they cut a chunk of the pissy carpet and now display it like "well it's the most recent thing we slapped metroid on, so i guess we HAVE to keep referencing it" even though everyone else just sees a pissed-on carpet and wonders when they will fucking replace the carpet
>>
>>320948862
>MOM and SS
>anywhere even close to the same ballpark
SS is a good game that ditched a couple of aspects (that at that point in time had been done rather poorly compared to the early days) that people associated with good Zeldas, but unlike Other M it didn't throw away every single fucking improvement the series had to offer.

SS definitely wasn't amazing by any degree, but it's hardly the Other M of the Zelda franchise, as I have heard others suggest on many an occasion.

If anything, Other M is the Wand of Gamelon of the Metroid franchise.
>>
>>320931469
Yo retard, what were Metroid II, Super, Fusion, & Zero Mission?
>>
>>320931469
Reminder that these faggots are on the same wavelength as that fat fuck Moviebob.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc4h8hNYev0

They're cucks. Ignore them.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.