[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is prison architect any good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
is prison architect any good?
>>
>>320929718
No. It's absolutely fucking broken.
>>
File: 1092883782633.gif (750 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
1092883782633.gif
750 KB, 320x180
>>320929718
>>
>>320929718

it's unplayably bad, this is why you shouldn't support indie devs ever

so long after it's release and it still doesn't fucking work...
>>
>>320929718
I managed to get 80 prisoners into my prison before the pathing got all fucked up and my save file got corrupted. It seems like it's only getting worse too. Every patch just means you have to start a new prison, and every time I start a new prison the game bugs out quicker.
>>
File: no.png (2 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
no.png
2 KB, 200x200
>>320929718
no
>>
>>320929718
If you like shit, then yes.
>>
>>320929718
It's pretty fun, got 50h out of it and never had any game-breaking bug

Worth the 10 bucks imo
>>
>>320929962
Prison Architect is one of the games that made me stop buying indies.
So fucking retarded, I don't remember how much I paid for it, but it was too much.
>>
>>320929718
possibly the worst game I own, and I have 90+ titles on steam
>>
>>320929718

I didn't find it bad, just got bored after playing a few times.

It was fun stopping riots with armed guards however.
>>
It's pretty fun if you ignore the lesser balanced features, link gangs, which are really stupid. You can keep it turned off in options and it's off by default when starting a new prison.

Best way to approach the game is play the campaign first to familiarize yourself with running a prison in various circumstances, then either start from the end of the campaign or start a new prison for a better advantage (end of campaign shafts you pretty hard for starting finances).

The overall goal of the game is to build the best and biggest prison you can manage, then restart and build a bigger one with better planning afforded by higher initial funding. You can get more starting funds each time you restart by selling your old prison save file and starting a new game right then; the net-worth is based on your prison's assets and efficiency.

Difficulty can be adjusted by selecting what kind of prisoners you want to manage at the intake menu.
Minimum security is easy mode. Med and high security are hard mode, as they like stabbing each other for seemingly arbitrary reasons until you get a handle on the population and its needs.

Some features still need polishing, like the prison labor mechanics.
You have no way of controlling material imports, and you need to have a wiki or calculator open to determine the best ratio of floor space to prisons and their efficiency to your material needs (whether imported metal or harvested trees for lumber).

It's overall pretty fun for a few days or so. After a while, it starts to feel mechanically unfinished, but that probably won't bother you until you've acclimated yourself to the game and made a few prisons.

I think the best aspect of the game is its sound design, which has its own addictive quality.
I just wish the devs would polish the new features they add every month. They're behaving like they never left Early Access.

>>320930095
Never had that, and I've put in a good hundred hours or so.
Using GOG version, FYI.
>>
>>320931575
Yeah, the black people aren't poor because they're black, it's different reasons. The image is purely for baiting people and ruining the associated stigma to the bird. It has a meaning to it.
>>
File: konata smug.gif (269 KB, 159x144) Image search: [Google]
konata smug.gif
269 KB, 159x144
>mod saved the thread from /pol/

And here I thought mods were a myth.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.