[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What in fuck is with this game? I have put over 8 hours into
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8
What in fuck is with this game?
I have put over 8 hours into in and I'm still lost, I've managed to stumble across half the quests that I've managed to complete but I'm still not strong enough to leave the city comfortably.
I get the whole "no way point" thing and I like that but the inventory is the most convoluted piece of shit that has ever existed and the trade screens aren't much better.
The crafting in this game is more confusing then Chinese languages.
On top of that I dont know if I have made my mains right but I don't want to have to restart.
I reaaally want to like this game, what do I do /v/
>>
>>320925083
Git gud
>>
>>320925175
I am trying Anon
>>
>>320925083

you can leave the city through the northern gate for some low level fights. i never used crafting, never needed it. there are also some easy fights if you dig up the graveyard and go in the crypts.
>>
>>320925381
Do the crypts come out in some abandoned shop?
If so I did that backwards.
Also I nearly got rekt in a fight straight out of the north gate against the zombies that make the floor poison.
>>
>>320925083
Stop being retarded for one thing, as that seems to be the core issue you're having here.

Game isn't hard, game isn't complicated, you can literally leave the town out the gate without talking to anybody and be fine as long as you're not a complete moron, what the absolute fuck are you doing?
>>
>>320925528
How so? I keep coming across monsters that kill me
>>
>>320925495
Don't list to this faggot, except for digging up graves, that's free loot/exp, go through the west gate, as soon as you see movement on the edge of your screen put all chars in sneak mode and separate the party, quick save, position, think about using the battlefield (barrels, traps, elements like rain etc) and start the fight, this is how every fight is going to be.
It's a slow game.
>>
>>320925495
Use fire, anon. Keep in mind that battlefield control and elemental usage is key. I never recruited any companions early in the game because I couldn't decide about which one to use, but then I got the mage dude and the archer chick, and just with that I had more than half the monsters in every encounter perma-incapacitated, also thanks to my warrior main with 2 knockdowns.

Use fire against poison! (Also, if your character can manage, carry around an oil/poison barrel and chuck it at enemies if you're in deep shit).
>>
>>320925495

guess what dude? fire makes poison explode.

if you want to become death on the battlefield, have a rogue with backstab and aerothurge
>>
>>320925676

not my fault you're a pussy and couldnt handle the crypts early.
>>
>>320925676
Oh right, so don't cluster them?
Because I usually just send my Tank and DPS (Main2) in and keep my Ranger and Wizard (Main1) back but all close together. The ranger can't hit shit from more then 4 spots away.

>>320925710
>>320925828
Oh right, forgot about that but doesn't that set the floor on fire? Because it's these floor things that cause the most damage to me.
>>
>>320925880
Sorry I don't have your street cred, I'll go cry as I play my pussy games my pussy way.
>>
>>320925083

Look, I know how you feel. It can be pretty overwhelming the first time.

Here are some tips:
>dig for skellies in the graveryard, you'll find a hatch you can go down which will lead to more lowbie skellies, they're worth killing early
>try to get a full 4-man party before leaving the city, without spoling anything, it shouldn't be a problem
>steal everything, especially paintings, they're worth big bucks and can really give you that economic edge
>IMPORTANT ONE: the central mechanic to battle is moving, placing, and manipulating the elements. You should always look to detonate, electrify or set on fire the early-game foes. Teleportation is a great spell that should be gotten on all mages, as moving enemies away or smacking them on top of each other is great damage and utility
>>
File: Chain Lightning.webm (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Chain Lightning.webm
2 MB, 1920x1080
Oil the shit out of melee attackers and they'll die before they can even get to you.
>>
a rogue in sneak mode backstabbing with the oath of desecration cast on him (witchcraft spell)
will steam roll almost anything in this game. give that rogue aerothurge so he has teleportation and it just becomes hilarious
>>
I heard rogues were nerfed to shit in the enhanced edition, is it true?

Me and my friend are doing a co-op playthrough and he wanted to go rogue, but I advised him to try something else.
>>
>>320926063
Well it depends, you really really have to use the battlefield ad make sure the party compliments each other, also you can, for instance open the fight with your archer with some devastating arrow (oil barrel with a fire arrow for instance) while your two-handed fighter is stealthed behind some cover so they can't see him, them when they rush the archer you switch to the fighter and ram their asses while your rogue puts a non lubed dildo through the backside of the now lonely enemy mage etc.
As I said the game is slow and really wants you to be tactical while still having fun.
>>
>>320926306

i finished the original coop with my brother. Ive only played a bit of enhanced and rogues still seem to do shitloads of damage.
>>
>>320926067
Alright thanks, yeah I figured the paintings bit out lol, making money is about the only thing I've been successful at
>>
Not OP but i recently bought this game myself during the xbox sale and Ive already wandered most of the Cyseal map, is this it or is there another area?
>>
>>320926306
They're weak early on because of the huge AP requirement for dual wielding, but as you level it up and boost your speed you'll be doing shittons of damage in your turns.
>>
>>320926356
Well thats about the exact opposite of what I've been doing.
Is my party alright?
It's a wizard, DW fighter, sword and board cleric and that ranger you find, should I swap the cleric for a knight or the mute rogue?
>>
>>320926492
More maps, 3 more.
>>
>>320926390

You can buy a lot of happiness in DoS. No shame in taking advantage of it.
>>
File: KEJXSrE[1].jpg (807 KB, 1400x1300) Image search: [Google]
KEJXSrE[1].jpg
807 KB, 1400x1300
>>320925083
>>
normal difficulty or tactician mode for first playthrough?
>>
>>320926926
Tactician if you're not a pleb.
>>
>>320926926

There's no doubt that tactician mode is the way the game was ment to be played. Hell some of the tips people around town give you don't make sense if you don't play on tactician (like how they talk about skellies using a lot magic because they were buried with the source-king). But it's not easy.
>>
>>320926642
I found that my dual wielding fighter (with healing) was enough if we are talking about warrior/knight stuff.
My other char was a witch with earth magic combined, the blonde ranger you find and the rogue you find.
Rogues are weak at first and frustrating, and a bit useless but later on they are brutal, similar with the ranger, so be extra careful and patient if you'll take the rogue.
I wouldn't recommend the knight if you already have a DW fighter. Diversity which compliments itself is the key for ruling the battlefield imo.
So when you think about your party, think in terms of which situations you got covered with them. For instance, if you don't take the rogue think of a way to cover the hole in your tactics which a stealthy char would fill, etc etc.
>>
>>320927130
And I don't mean to say that you NEED to have every tactic and approach covered, you just need to be aware of what you got covered and how and when to use that, and what tactics are closed off to you because of your party configuration.
>>
File: 451351+6854+1616+5.png (320 KB, 500x295) Image search: [Google]
451351+6854+1616+5.png
320 KB, 500x295
>>320925083

>I backed this game when the kick starter came up simply because it loooked interesting and i got an extra copy for a friend
>MFW my notebook at the time couldnt run the game properly because it started overheating.
>It wasn't so bad because i was planing to buy an actual good PC
>Days after that my parents got a huge ass debt and asked me for money
>Mostly of my money, including the money for my new pc, were pretty much gone
>Time passes and i'm still helping my parents pay the debt
>My notebook goes to shit and is barely useful
>I only had money to buy another notebook of the same specs
>They already launched the enhanced edition and announced the new kickstarter and i still haven't played the fucking game.
>>
>>320926926

Tactician is a pretty fun mode

Just remember to not be a retarded fuck and complain like OP is. The game gives a lot of hints on how to win fights by talking to other people and using the environment to your advantage. Some fights take real planning before you can win them. It's not always casual click attack and win bullshit
>>
Playing a rogue and I'm still not quite pleased with her in the phantom forest. Got 5 points into duel so it only takes 3 AP to attack, and I crafted my own daggers + tenebrium, but she's still a bit underwhelming in comparison to Madora. I even adopted man at arms skills like 20% damage stance and Rage. What's more is that a third of the time backstabbing is denied to you, because the enemy is with a back to the wall or some object nearby that prevents you from getting close enough.

The suicide bomber summon is fantastic though. Couple it with a poison barrage spell and you wipe out 4 enemies at once.
>>
>>320927130
>>320927271
Ok thanks heaps anon.
One last thing, does your armour weight matter? Like is it better for my mages to wear robes over leather armour?
>>
>>320926970
>>320927029
>>320927408

tactician mode it is then, I'll be picking ranger and knight. Are the default builds fine for them, or should I customize? Also, how important are Charisma and Craftsmanship skills early in the game?
>>
>>320927695
Doesn't matter, but those things often require str over int.
>>
>>320927747
One main will have to be a wizard for Tac mode anon, the other can be whatever but it's pretty much impossible without a wizard.
>>
>>320927601
I used a crossbow with dual daggers for ranged folk and when you're unable to backstab use your other skills
>>
>>320927747
Charisma remains useful across the game, including at the beginning. Stack on items for it as well and pick the right personality perks. Craftsmanship is useful mid-game when you can put 5+ points into it. Makes great rings and amulets. BS complements it.
>>
>>320927695
I think armor only infers movement penalties. Not sure if it's the weight
>>
Anyone here completed an Honour run, if so how much harder is it than Tact was?
>>
>>320928185
You can improve it on an anvil for a bonus of 0.4 movement.
>>
>>320927825
>>320927856

thanks, well I need to rethink my party then and I might customize the builds a bit
>>
>>320927387
not trying to sound like an egotistical manchild but why would you give away so much of your money?

helping others (especially family) is fine but you only put yourself in financial danger if you have no resources left for yourself. if something happens to you who pays?
>>
File: EoCApp 2015-12-12 12-56-12-40.jpg (1 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
EoCApp 2015-12-12 12-56-12-40.jpg
1 MB, 1600x1200
>>320925083
fucking easy op
>>
>>320931229
Is your first name Mitch by any chance?
>>
>friend and I play through most of the game
>we find a stopping point early on the second act and agree to play again later
>friend never plays again and he has the save
>this is like 20 hours into the game

Give me the save, Milly, you fucker.
>>
File: EoCApp 2015-12-13 02-19-20-63.jpg (1 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
EoCApp 2015-12-13 02-19-20-63.jpg
1 MB, 1600x1200
>>320931489
No,
>>
File: 1449021743175.jpg (10 KB, 243x207) Image search: [Google]
1449021743175.jpg
10 KB, 243x207
>turn based
sorry anons, my hatred too strong for this. I will never play it
>>
>>320932171
I don't understand how someone can have such shit taste. Please explain.
>>
>>320930976
Sorry mate but they are my parents, they helped me alot with other stuff(besides parenting) and we live in the same house, it would be incredibly dicksh of me to not help, especially because they didnt actually were in debt on purpose, they got screwed over on some business contracts(it was a shitload of different stuff that i wouldn't even have time to explain here).
>>
>>320932171
>epic meme
>hating turn based gameplay
Honestly you might be autistic. If you are please remember that and take it into account before you post. Chances are whatever you're saying is meaningless and doesn't contribute at all to the thread.
>>
So I guess I should restart this game on tactician mode then? I was thinking the fights were too easy
>>
File: EoCApp 2015-12-01 14-13-44-65.jpg (1 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
EoCApp 2015-12-01 14-13-44-65.jpg
1 MB, 1600x1200
>>320933296
they start throwing grenades and using abilities
but it's really not that difficult once you get out of cyseal, i completely forgot I was on tactician when i played
>>
>>320925083
The only crafting youll ever do in the game is to create dolls if anything.
>>
>>320925083
> buying censored games
>>
>>320926101
Exactly. I played this game coop and the person I was playing with shit their pants instead of just stunlocking the enemies and wearing them down.

The funny part was how they went on about how great the entire enviornment-spell comboing was but they never made full use of it.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.