[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /v/ want this back?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: Subspace_Emissary_Logo.jpg (27 KB, 410x160) Image search: [Google]
Subspace_Emissary_Logo.jpg
27 KB, 410x160
Does /v/ want this back?
>>
Yes, the cutscenes was amazing fanservice, the gameplay itself wasn't amazing but its understandable until that fucking maze
>>
>>320914589
The maze was actually my favorite part. No joke.
>>
>>320914423
/v/ and the internet as a whole didn't give two fucks about it until 4 came out, at which point they started boohooing about a pile of shit they pretend to like now to make 4 seem worse since their stupid crocodile or muslim slut didn't make it in.
>>
Eh. I liked the cutscenes fpr the fun character interactions but overall it was way too long.

I'd prefer a better realized Adventure Mode. Melee's only had about two good levels and with the all the enemies they had for Smash Run they could really make something great.
>>
>>320914423
I do.
Supspace Emissary in Brawl is my favorite thing from the Smash series.
>>
>>320914423
It would be neat, but I think they should stick with a much simplier style, like a mix of adventure mode from Melee with cutscenes could work.
>>
>>320914843
Are you being serious? You must not have been around when this came out, it was a pretty big deal and not an insignificant part of why Brawl was so big here at the time.
>>
>>320914423
I loved it. It filled an empty hole in the smash games and it gave all the characters personality. It also gave you the chance to experiment with different characters an the boss fights were pretty entertaining. When smash 4 was announced I was really hoping they would include another mode like this
>>
Considering we lost characters because of it, no. Or better yet, bring back Melee's Adventure mode. That said, it did what it was supposed to do.
>>
>>320915183
> It filled an empty hole in the smash games and it gave all the characters personality. It also gave you the chance to experiment with different characters

This is what I liked the most, how they handled some of the intereactions berween characters was pretty neat.

>Meta Knight, Marth and Ike being the swordmen trio
>Samus and Pikachu
>how Captain Falcon dragged Olimar in his crazy shenanigans
>the whole Snake segment with Meta knight and Lucario.
>Dedede not being actually a bad guy in the end.

at least the cutscenes in the sm4sh trailer gave us more stuff like that even if not too much in the whole narrative part like the subspace emissary.
>>
>>320914423
Thanks doc
>>
It was poorly executed in my opinion but its better than no Adventure/Classic mode at all

and no, consecutive special/8-player Smashes finishing with a Master Hand fight isn't Classic.
>>
>>320914423
The 3DS mode is exactly that minus the shitty crossover fanfic.

I liked the idea but it was too reptitive, and ultimately it was not fun. I'd rather have more CGI trailers since gameplay trailers were lame as fuck.

I would like a pure boss rush mode and none of the platforming crap.
>>
>>320916094
Smash Run only has a single map and runs for 8-10 minutes
Weird comparison imo
>>
They spent all the cutscene budget on character reveal trailers
I'd say it paid off
>>
>>320914423
No, never again.
>>
No. It missed the mark on what it should have been. Why are we going through these generic nondescript "jungle" and "desert" stages instead of things based on Nintendo games? The Halberd stage was a step in the right direction, but what's up with these enemies on the ship? Why, in a crossover that features franchises with a plethora of iconic enemies, are 90% of them generic literally-who's, while the rest are the most basic foes from Super Mario Bros.? Throw in a Zebesian or an Octorok or something. And what's the point of having a story mode when the story is completely unclear and most of the character's aren't acting like themselves? (not to mention the flagrant Kirby bias)

One of the best moments of the Subpsace Emmisary was fighting Meta Ridley while riding on the Falcon Flier. That's what the SSE should have been; these crazy mind-blowing situations that could only be possible in a crossover like Smash. Who the fuck is Duon? Why am I fighting him on the Halberd? Why not just use Heavy Lobster? Or better yet, why not move Rayquaza from the bottom of a lake (which doesn't make sense) and fight him on the Halberd instead?
>>
>>320914423
I liked it. Not so much the "maze" parts that had backtracking but the sidescroller nature of it was really interesting to me
>>
no, it was worse than aids
>>
>>320914423
I want it back. It was fun.
>>
>>320917363
To do all that would require the use of characters/locales/settings that Nintendo doesn't want to use. Not only that, but the bosses could have been Nintendo villains. K. Rool would have been great, along with Black Shadow, Ganondorf using those primid bugs to make Ganon, If anything, Giga Bowser could have been a plot point.

All the potential SSE had and it was all wasted. You didn't even need cutscenes, all would be told as you played through it.
>>
>>320917363
>Why am I fighting the enemies who hijacked the halberd instead of some zelda mooks!
>>
>>320914423
Hell yes. Playing and beating SSE on intense mode was such a rush.
>>
No. Smash Run proved that the gameplay wouldn't have been any better. Just damage-sponge enemies everywhere.
>>
>>320914423
I find it pretty enjoyable on harder difficulties. Find it more fun with gameplay mods though.
>>
>The biggest flaw of Brawl.
>People threw shit at Sakurai for this.
>Smash 4.
>People want it back.
>"Gimme back muh emissary Hackurai!"

Fuck you! Yu donnoh wat yu want!

I'm more than happy with Smash Run.
>>
Nobody actually liked the Subspace Emissary or cared about Smash single player modes in general till Smash 4. Now people pretend they enjoyed that mess of a mode for some retarded reason and act like the single player is the only reason why they play Smash.
>>
Subspace was why I pre-ordered Brawl unlike how I just picked up randomly 64 & Melee and have yet to pick up Sm4sh
>>
File: latest[1].png (235 KB, 641x481) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
235 KB, 641x481
I'd prefer break the targets and board the platforms desu senpai.
>>
I just want Adventure Mode from Melee back. And unique target stages for all of the characters.
>>
>>320915037

most people didn't like it iirc

compared to melee's adventure mode it's terrible. not just the physics, adventure mode had a lot of variety and was brief enough to never be monotonous
>>
>>320914589
Maze was the best part.

If they brought it back as just a giant ass maze I would cum buckets. Especially if they set it up where you need certain character abilities to navigate to and unlock new areas of the map.
>>
>>320915037
It was fun with a friend, but by yourself it was just so long and dull. The only good parts were the cutscene of characters but that's it. It was just painfully boring to play through.
>>
>>320914423

I didn't but now I do. Smash 4's single player is terrible, terrible shit.
>>
>>320917363
I agree completely. The beginning of Melee's Adventure Mode had the right idea with traveling though the Mushroom Kingdom and a Hylian dungeon before it petered out into a non-randomized Classic Mode.
>>
File: Consider The Following Peach.png (166 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Consider The Following Peach.png
166 KB, 400x400
>>320914423
Anyone that actually wants this back should be banned from posting in Smash threads.

It was a massive waste of resources for a mode that wasn't fun and grossly overstayed its welcome. Adventure Mode was fine and a perfect way to pay tribute to various series.

But because Smash 4 just came out, we now have all these contradictory faggots who claim SSE was the best thing ever and Sakurai conned them out of $60 or underage faggots that haven't actually played SSE in a loooong time.

I hope SSE never comes back.
>>
File: 1425612643220.gif (78 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
1425612643220.gif
78 KB, 256x192
>Do I want it back
There's no purpose to bring it back. It's the only reason to ever go back to Brawl
Don't get me wrong though, Subspace Emissary was 10/10, and anyone who says Melee's adventure mode is better is just a nostalgia baby.
Don't bring it back though, Sm4sh is already fine on its own right now
Now what we REALLY need is a Subspace Emissary Anime
>>
Eh, it's basically Kirby: Nintendo All-Stars edition. So sure, I guess. It's definitely more inspired than what 4 calls single player.
>>
>>320923929
BOARD THE PLATFORMS
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.