[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FUCKING TANK SPAM. FUCKING ARTIE TAKING OUT ALL MY PANZER INFANTRY.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 11
File: 2013_company_of_heroes_2-HD.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2013_company_of_heroes_2-HD.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
FUCKING TANK SPAM.

FUCKING ARTIE TAKING OUT ALL MY PANZER INFANTRY.

FUCKING MG'S EVERYWHERE.

I haven't had this much fun multiplayer since TF2 was good.
>>
give me russian tips

stupid fucking german trucks wreck me
>>
>>320891512
I've played about thirty matches and I've never tried the Russians.
>>
>>320891512
>Used to be in the top 30 for Russians and US
>Haven't touched the game in over a year.

I wish I could help you, but everything I could say would be horribly out of date. I used to use Guards with button, but I hear it got horribly nerfed, so it's no longer a great counter against light vehicles.
>>
>>320891512
I sometimes succeed by spamming a few heavy mortars and keep pressuring their trucks with them. Just keep re crewing them, get a half track to reinforce and maxims to suppress infantry rushes

Mortar Smoke + satchels if you have the ammo, or mortar smoke+ engineer explosives if you can pull it off. Easier to do if you have two mortars as the cooldown fucks you in the ass, combined arms for russians is so god damned costly.

I tried using penals early, you'd need 3 satchels to down a truck so it is not cost effective better to get flame thrower upgrade instead to increase damage against infantry. The m5 scout car is useful against kubel. sniper team is good against sturm pioneers and harassing their weapons teams.

Conscript spam seems like a silly idea against OKW unless you can micro them and flank effectively, after the patch though kubel cannot suppress so perhaps it is better now to open up with conscripts on team games.
>>
>>320891512
The trick to fighting vehicles is to murder infantry. Yes that doesn't sound like it makes sense, but consider the following: Tanks are horrible without infantry support, so killing all the infantry support means you'll be fighting tanks on their own, which renders them vulnerable to AT abilities.
>>
>>320892857
the problem is none of the russian anti tank options are good
>>
>>320893653
ZiS Field guns are ok, in the idea that they do their job of deterring frontal tank assaults. Guards stop enemy tanks from rushing your forces to circle the AT guns. T-34s are good at chewing up already weakened tanks to finish them off.

The real problem with Russian AT is that it takes a lot more coordination to use because unlike German AT, nothing they have really just overpowers the enemy and can match them in a straight fight. The German AT guns shoot 33% faster, infantry have panzershrecks as a baseline option instead of AT rifles as a doctrine, and Stugs shoot incredibly fast and are good against infantry too. And P4s have thick enough armor to win against lone T-34s.
>>
>>320894738
I don't know how the 'ambush tactics' perk works, apparently it 'hides' your AT guns, but I haven't really tried that.

I don't really play online, by the way. It's just me and a friend playing against each other and he usually beats me every time with whatever German faction he uses (I can't really tell the difference between the two, all I really know is he likes using the cars in the beginning).
>>
>>320895964
Have you tried landmines? If a car hits a mine, it will lose the majority of its health and break its engine, meaning your infantry can walk up to it and kill it with gunfire. You can't ensure that a car will hit a mine, but if you place a few at chokepoints on your flanks, you'll at least make your opponent think twice about rolling his vehicles forward first.

Either that, or put Guards in an M1 scout car and hunt those things down.
>>
Is this game actually worth picking up even if I didn't enjoy CoH 1 all that well? I really liked the WW2 setting but couldn't get into the gameplay mechanics at all, too much micro needed and map-snapping
>>
>>320897021
it's kind of difficult, but if you liked Dawn of War somewhat, you might be able to enjoy it.
>>
>>320897021
I'd advise against it then, it's similar to CoH1's need for attention everywhere, but the specifics are different.
>>
>>320891512
Sure.
You need conscripts in the first minutes, lots of them.
Whatever happens in early game, you just conspam.

You lost your scout car? = Conspam
You are stuck facing 3 MGs at once? = Conspam
He is blobbing assault squads? = Conspam
He is going for a scout car? = Conspam

It takes skill to play soviets.
>>
>>320897669
Are you serious right now? Conscripts against MGs is pretty close to suicide unless it's on a map with lots of sight blocking lines. Conscripts are the baseline that keeps your forces going, but you can't just spam them like mad and expect to get very far. You'll either get locked down by MGs, lose a war of attrition to a sniper or mortar battery, or worse, get them wiped out from assault rifle/SMG infantry closing with cover. Conscripts need some sort of support, be it mortars for dislodging infantry from dug in positions or MGs to protect them from losing too many men to keep replacing.
>>
>>320897669
>>320898773
This.
Conscripts only work when they've got some force behind them. You want to back them up with vehicles or proper infantry.
>>
>>320898773
You don't rush them straight to the MG.
Of course it's suicide if you blob your conscripts.

Don't want to lose them, don't blob them.

Scout cars are a better choice in mid-game and better used with Guards, so try to save them the best you can, just rushing
flamer engineer and going to face an MG like this, it might work but you're also taking a risk specially against ostheer, you could lose the scout car and not put down the MG unit.

Conscripts is the only viable way to start early game with soviets, you cover a wide range of scenarios (if not all of them) with their upgrades and they transfer well into late game.

And now they are even better armed with PPsH.
>>
>>320899256
What force would you put behind them in early game?
>>
>>320899493
Strangely, late game is when I'd want to be ditching PPsH's because once you get to the point where you're not going to reliably get infantry to melee range anymore, Vet3 Conscripts with their Mosins do better at plinking away and deterring assaults than PPsH conscripts would doing a counter charge or attempting to close range with the enemy.

I mean, you can go that route and use mortars to drop smokescreens and attempt to get right on top of the enemy force, but you'd probably get more use out of using artillery or just high explosives from tanks. Stalingrad would be the one exception to this I could think of, where the tight streets make getting a gunline going difficult.

Also, on most maps, an MG42 can usually cover a large range at a chokepoint with a forward observer, and two cover a 320 degree arc. When that happens, there's literally no way to run your conscripts around them as they'll be covering all avenues of approach. You'll need a scout car or mortar to dislodge them to make an assault.
>>
>>320900194
Scout Car + Flamethrower Engineers are nice for exploiting holes in enemy defenses, flamethrowers ignore cover and they can torch weapon teams before they can really escape. If you're winning an engagement, SC+Flamethrower can preform the CoH2 equivalent of a sweeping advance and wipe whole squads while they retreat.

Mortars chew up dug in infantry in protracted combat. I think they work really well on maps like Moscow Outskirts where the center usually gets bogged down and because the map is very wide and narrow, the enemy base is too close to really keep advancing before you hit a bunker.

Field guns are an obvious progression to conscripts+mortars, couple them with mines so no one zooms in with vehicles from the side. As a bonus, you can use the field gun's ability to double as mortar fire if you can't swing the extra manpower for a mortar.

Guards can help hit harder at longer ranges and preform a bit of AT work, conscripts can use their merge squads ability to keep them on the front lines. Shock Troops are nice because the provide the means to close distance with a smoke grenade, have a ton of health, and chew up infantry with their PPsHs. Also, you can still merge conscripts into them, though the conscript models won't get the extra health that the shock troop gets (But it will save you 20-25 manpower on reinforcement, as well as keep them at the front lines longer).
>>
Who /riflecompany/ here?
best goddamn tank in the game.
>>
>>320901232
Oh, and snipers work well if you're fighting Wehrmacht. Each shot drops about 25% of their squads, and because of the speed can force a retreat long before a grenadier squad has got to do any damage to your guys. Only issue is that they need a good amount of micro and they cost a lot, so they'll delay your other conscript squads. Keep a conscript squad further back on your retreat point if you use one so you don't get encircled and gunned down.
>>
>>320901435
the thing is, a smart wehrmacht player always has a scout car ready to beat your sniper squad into a bloody pulp
>>
So, is this game good? Is it hard to get into the MP for it? I like playing RTS/RTT (Men of war, Graviteam tactics, etc) and such single player, usually when I play them the MP scene is dead.
>>
>>320891030
>Mortar spam
>Volks blobs
FUCK AXIS
>>320901420
Rifle Company is the best US commander. I really want to make airborne work but with how the Germans are right now if I want to win I'm gonna take Rifle Company.
>>
>>320900591
PPsH are only an option, of course nagants will do just fine, but depending on your strat you might want to simply arm up your conscripts to damage at close range.

>>320901420
/Guardsmotor/ here
>>
>>320901951
>So, is this game good?
General consensus is COH1 is better.
>Is it hard to get into the MP for it?
Somewhat.
>single player
Main game's campaign is kind of lame, Ardennes Assault is actually pretty neat.
>>
>>320902038
I have COH1, is it's MP scene still alive?
>>
>>320902073
Couldn't tell ya, I'm guilty of being a faggot that has spent more time playing 2 than 1.
>>
>>320902073
There is no general consensus about COH1 being better it's mainly compstompers missing the old blobbing days.
>>
>>320902220
I understand COH1 is western front? I'm kind of tired of that. Eastern front isn't as explored, it's what I like so far about Graviteam. Kind of want to try COH2 for that alone
>>
File: 1375612596200.jpg (444 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
1375612596200.jpg
444 KB, 800x1200
Does anyone want to play a 4v4? I'm gonna be playing allies, UKF or US.
>>
>>320902307
Also, there's a lot of DLC. Is it all needed? Waiting for winter sale of course
>>
>>320901954
yeah, that or pershing company is great
>airborne
use Bar carrying Pathfinders for squadwipes.
>>320902028
I like the soviet conscript commander when.
>>320902307
CoH1 had the EFmod, but CoH2 is better overall.
t. EF balancer
>>
>>320901846
And that scout car will run headfirst into a conscript squad with an AT grenade before they even get close. It's a giant circle of counters.

That being said, I don't like snipers as much because it's a huge risk-reward. Yeah, if you're really attentive you can bleed out your enemy's manpower and make him fight with weakened forces, but if you stop paying attention for a second or he gets a lucky mortar strike, you lose that 360 manpower investment. Thankfully, the built in stealth in cover of snipers means that they won't be instantly caught out by a scout car that drives a little bit too far forward, so unless your opponent is willing to get right on top of you and sacrifice their car, you're almost always going to remain safe.
>>
>>320902831
scout cars are good for supporting infantry advances too man.
If you are investing in a sniper, the amount of conscripts you have is lower. If you are screening your snipers with conscripts, that means your front line is weak enough that a good grenadier push will roll you over unless you have the support company up
>>
>>320902575
Anyone?
>>
>there are niggers RIGJT NOW that handt master the art of con spam

also
>not going cons for early to mid game and finding supoort weapon on the field and hennspam based t85 to win it
nigs, 4 cons can take on an ostwind and mow blobs with pssh
>>
>>320903408
Just get he mutiplayer factions like us, okw, and brit bong. And the base game if you want ussr and osteer
>>
>>320891030
This game is garbage, if you want Starcraft in WW2 why not just play men of war?
>>
>>320903442
enjoy the manpower bleed goy.
>>320903408
depends on the factions mostly.
>>
>>320903575
Comparing MOW to SC is pretty insulting to MOW
>>
>>320903630
>thinking using just only 4 or more cons is more man bleed than combined arms
stay shit
>>
>>320903630
You can play against factions you don't own then?
>>
>>320903781
>playing as soviets
>not playing as USF and getting awesome front line infantry that get smoke
Nice Oorah you got there m8.
the best thing about conscripts is their voice acting
>>320903847
yes
>>
>>320903408
You could try out the base game, which comes with 2 factions (Whermacht and Soviets) to play online and also has some single player content.

If you like the game, you can later decide to buy some more content
>>
>>320904031
Wew, ok, that's good. Was worried I'd have to buy all the DLC to play against people
>>
>>320904092
yeah, that is something.
>>320903575
because some of us are not autismos.
>>
>>320904031
>not playing ukf 1v1 just for the assbeating you could get

also, who need smoke comrad? When we have glorious cons spam with based m5 and su 76 nd t 70

enjoy your m20 or Stuart, fag
>>
>>320904031
>the best thing about conscripts is their voice acting

>Playing soviets with english voices

You got one more time to go switch languages.
>>
>>320904543
>implying that the english VA is bad.
>>320904542
>he needs specialized units to repair his tanks.
stay dumb comrade.
I bet you use the ram on the t-34 as well.
>>
>>320904524
MOW is an arcade game, it doesn't require any "autismos".
>>
>>320904543
>wanting the shitty dub
nice """"""taste"""""" friend
>>
>>320904543
I wish they didn't speak in English actually. is there an option?
>>
>>320904773
>Every soldier has an inventory with individual ammo
>Vehicles have realistic armor and penetration angles
>Repairing isn't just a health bar

Could go on. How is MOW an arcade game? Are you comparing it to Graviteam? Which isn't MP
>>
>>320904719
>not wanting a unit that can rekt blob, burn bunkers, kill armors, and do emergency repair
stay defeated, anon.

bet you only relies on flamer engies and have to halt advances because of them
>>
>>320904719
It is bad.
The VA isn't good, it is just memorable for being funny.

>>320904890

http://steamcommunity.com/app/231430/guides/?searchText=language&browsefilter=trend&requiredtags%5B%5D=-1#scrollTop=0
>>
>>320905052
>conscripts
>not the blobbiest unit there is
I bet you spend munitions on regular barrages too comrade.
>>
I really liked CoH Opposing Fronts back in the day but I hear CoH2 is fucking shit

should I give it a go anyways?
>>
>>320905189
>relic VA isn't good
anon please.
>>
>>320905317
Yeah. If you like single player get the Ardennes Assault campaign when it's on sale, great fun on expert, but very over-priced at full value.
>>
>>320905264
>seriously think that
>not cheap volkblos of death
i bet you dont even use the attack ground on the at to destroy flak hq, traitor
>>
>>320905317
the game has better MP, but the SP isn't as good
>>
Is COH2 well optimized?
>>
>>320905376
It is, when you're not playing as the dumb soviets soldiers.
Switch to russian language, you'll see the difference really fast.
>>
>Playing Russian Bias Simulator
>>
File: 134.gif (8 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
134.gif
8 KB, 645x773
>>320905512
>>
>>320905608
If you were talking about WoT or WT you would be correct, but Relic aren't Russian devs.
>>
>>320905671
Can it run on a 770/i5
>>
>>320905684
>implying people can't be slavboos
>>
>>320905735
Yes.
But don't ever think of maxing out the game.
>>
>>320905770
Max out in what way? Let's say no AA/low AA, still an issue? What's the big hog?
>>
>>320905749
Everyone knows Relic is the last SS enclave.
>>
File: 1434278305229s.jpg (2 KB, 125x124) Image search: [Google]
1434278305229s.jpg
2 KB, 125x124
>>320905735
I run it on a dell laptop from 2011
>>320905464
no, I use take aim instead :^)
>OKW player's face when
>>
>>320905589
Yeah, it even more shit
>>
>>320905840
It runs great on my 670gtx/3570k, for whatever it's worth.
>>
I remember kv 2's blowing my tigers in 3 shots, Soviet industry commander pulling light tanks out at 5th minute mark, and soviet shock infantry shitting on my own infantry lineup, Suffice to say i went back to COH Operation market garden.
>>
>>320905608
>soviets are shown as competent soldiers
>RUSSIAN BIAS REEEEEEEEEEEE
>MUH KRUPP STEEL UND PORSCHE ENGINES.
>>
>>320905905
Opinions I guess.

>>320905840
Everything is an issue, even 980GTX peeps have trouble simply running the game after they updated to that GPU.

Just play it on high settings, the game is badly optimized they forced "auto" settings so that you don't make other lag when you play, the game will automatically adjust to settings that make it play right for you and others online.
>>
>>320906045
Dawn of war 2 did the same thing didn't it?
>>
>>320891512
a long time ago, I built nothing but conscripts and su-76's, and then late game I got a few katyusha rocket trucks to support them. I'm not gonna lie though, I only succeeded against friends so it probably isn't a viable strategy online. oh, and don't group your infantry together, spread them out. If you're gonna charge a machine gun nest, you better use that OORAH ability and have someone throw a molotov on them.
>>
File: 1444893288939.gif (197 KB, 400x289) Image search: [Google]
1444893288939.gif
197 KB, 400x289
Is there any hope for US?
>>
>>320905589
I'd say Brit and USF VA is pretty good, though USF needs a bit more variety, Whermacht is ok, and OKW and Soviets are the worst
>>
>>320906230
git gud
>>
>>320906045
As a Russian it no good but english isnt the best that it can be either
>>
>>320906230
US is great for 1v1

for 4v4, gg or git gud
>>
>>320906295
what? you're saying the Russian dub is bad too? why?
>>
>>320906230
buy more bazooka
>>
>>320906734
>players buy 2 bars instead of 1 bar 1 zook
>>
>>320906230
Quick guide for US 4v4
>Rifle company
>Start with 2 rifles, save for Captain
>Hold down fuel point
>after captain build weapon rack and more rifles
>Once weapon rack is built arm everyone with bazookas if you need AT
>keep a balance of MG and AT
>Easy 8
>Easy 8
>Easy 8
>>
US needs heavy tanks or good counters to KTs.
>>
>>320906864
>not having each squad with one weapon type
bet you gonna bitch when a luch escape because you wanna do that one bar and one zook and that extra zook could had been there
>>
Is this game pay to win

I really like the first one but eveyrtime I think about buying it something makes me feel like it is pay to win or there is something really wrong with it
>>
>>320907142
no, I use an AT nade to cripple the luchs and RE for carrying around bazookas
>>
>asshole on your team #1 has left the game
>asshole on your team #2 has left the game
>Axis asshole: Haha ez
>1:24
>>
>>320907303
Then a nearby rektenwafer take out three man of your squad with one shot, right?
>>
File: 1450432073187.jpg (53 KB, 638x600) Image search: [Google]
1450432073187.jpg
53 KB, 638x600
>>320891030
The first one was better.
>>
>>320907538
no, I spread out my squads instead of blobbing
>>
>>320907616
I too like being a contrarian faggot to stick it to the man xD
>>
>>320907728
I said a single squad, nigger
>>
>>320907976
don't stick it in tiny bits of green cover you cockmongling faggot.
>>
>>320907880
That's not being a contrarian at all, actually. Generally speaking, Company of Heroes is more highly regarded than Company of Heroes 2.

Think before you speak next time.
>>
>>320908176
yes because of the DLC policy, not because of inherent gameplay.
CoH2 is objectively better than CoH1 in terms of faction design
Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.