[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has an early access game ever delivered? I'm curious, it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: head mod.jpg (7 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
head mod.jpg
7 KB, 300x225
Has an early access game ever delivered?

I'm curious, it seems like every major one I've read about or played almost never really makes any meaningful jump forward.

Look at Day-Z still today..
>>
I heard that KSP delivered, and I think some survival game did too. Sometimes its good, but not a lot.
>>
Ark has been consistently updated since it went into EA.
>>
Crypt of the Necrodancer definitely delivered.
>>
>>320889984

Meh, even H1Z1 was updated quite often and showed a lot of promise early on, now at least in terms of real development it's dead.

The real test is when the money from initial hype/sales starts to slow down do they continue making the game
>>
Dirt Rally, Prison Architect, Divinity OS off the top of my head.
>>
>>320889739
While Don't Starve is still in early access, it's basically a full game that they refuse to take the label off of.
>>
File: 1228299881540.png (7 KB, 415x193) Image search: [Google]
1228299881540.png
7 KB, 415x193
Spacebase DF-9
>>
>>320889984
And it's still a mess of an alpha.

Anyways, wasn't a game, but Facerig definitely delivered late into its Early Access when the devs said fuck it and licensed a better face capturing middleware that completely stomped over their attempt and made the program work in line with their original promo vid.

Wasteland 2 and Dirt Rally were also both Early Access and turned out very well.
>>
Dirt Rally and KSP that I know of
>>
File: Seabase_external.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Seabase_external.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
subnautica is generally pretty enjoyable. updates actually add more fun shit and it's a beautiful underwater world to explore.

I wish they'd go ahead and add what it's really missing (multiplayer, more vehicles/seabase options). But looking at the consistent rate they're improving it looks hopeful.
>>
Terraria kept adding to the game well after release
>>
KSP.

The problem is that most people get burnt out on the games before they release from EA.

Not the consumera fault, it's a faulty business model that needs to be scrubbed.

DayZ made 10s of millions and hasn't even entered beta yet.
>>
Dirt Rally is teh only one I have played that I feel came through. I got prison architect early access too but never got around to playing it :/
>>
>>320892471
Dirt Rally really felt like a proper-ass beta as well during its short-lived Early Access visit. Feature complete, just finishing up the rough edges.

It's how it should be used, instead of a cesspool of horrifically performing indie games for something that barely has any game to it.
>>
File: 1447465676352.gif (16 KB, 90x105) Image search: [Google]
1447465676352.gif
16 KB, 90x105
>Ctrl+F
>No results for Starbound

What the duck man.
>>
>>320889739
any survival game goes into limbo early access

insurgency was early access
>>
>>320891009
It's really a partnership in a way. The move to bring in Live2D is also going to be huge for FaceRig.

I am wondering if Integration with Source and other engines will come. Live2D model works with Unity right now. If done right, then JRPG will let you emote your character at this rate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SMDLnC-cMU
>>
File: 1349209311137.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1349209311137.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>320895405

>Get given the game
>Wait, races does jackshit? Oh...
>Man, this is fun!
>Get everything with my bros
>We comfy things up, play music together
>Build some shit
>Get bored at the lack of content
>Updates get rid of my Character
>>
>>320890170
>Prison Architect
>delivering

debatable
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.