[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tis' the season for Star Wars
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 184
Thread images: 26
File: star-wars-02.jpg (491 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-02.jpg
491 KB, 1920x1080
So, I went and saw the movie on friday and now I need a game to play.

What is/are the best Star Wars games /v/?

I'm not going anywhere that fucking EA Battlefront travesty either, I need good older titles.
>>
>>320885902
Tie fighter or xwing aliiance for PC
>>
Tie Fighter
Jedi Knight
KoToR
Star Wars Kinect
Dark Forces
Pod Racing
>>
Kotor 1 and 2, Jedi Academy..
You might want to look the movie battles mod for Jedi Academy btw, that shit is GOAT
>>
Battlefront 2
Jedi Knight 2
Empire at War
Episode 1 Racer
Pit Droids
Super Star Wars trilogy
X-Wing
TIE Fighter
Knights of the Old Republic
Knights of the Old Republic 2
Rogue Leader (Rogue Squadron's a bit aged unless you can bear with it)
Republic Commando

Star Wars is rather fortunate to have a ton of quality games bearing its name to outweigh the stinkers it's had over the years.
>>
File: Mystery-of-the-Sith.jpg (87 KB, 300x379) Image search: [Google]
Mystery-of-the-Sith.jpg
87 KB, 300x379
Never ever mentioned
>>
Original Battlefront. II is alright but I always preferred the original's maps.
>>
>>320886651
People usually just lump MotS in with Jedi Knight 1. Still a shame about the lack of live action FMV.
>>
File: Star_wars_rebellion_box.png (227 KB, 306x400) Image search: [Google]
Star_wars_rebellion_box.png
227 KB, 306x400
This game is great but only if you are a fucking swnerd
>>
>>320886723
You can play BFI's maps on BFII though.
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 640x640
Bounty Hunter is GOTYAYEY
>>
>>320885902
KOTOR 1 AND 2
Jedi outcast
Rouge Squadron
>>
Force Unleashed games and Shadows of the Empire
>>
What's the general consensus on The Force Unleashed games?

I found the 1st one fun. Never played #2. Are they canon?
>>
>>320888560
I liked them. 2 is basically a straight upgrade to 1 but very short, since it was rushed to release.
>>
BF2 and KoTOR are the unquestioned 2 best Star Wars games
>>
>>320885902
How're the strategy aspects of Empire At War compared to other strategy games?

Do you have a base building mechanic or nah?
>>
>>320885902
FUCK EA AND EVERYTHING THEY STAND FOR
>>
File: image.png (92 KB, 277x265) Image search: [Google]
image.png
92 KB, 277x265
So how was the movie, /v/?
I thought it was great
>>
>>320886579
>Republic Commandos

That game is getting a lot of undeserved praise.

Bullet sponge enemies

Cheap one hit kill enemies

Dirty Sand brown and Star Ship slate grey

Limited ammo

Recharging stations where they make no sense.

Allied AI that do whatever they please.

Allies that you have to babysit and heal.
>>
Open source release of Dark Forces comes out in a month or two. At long last, its almost here.
>>
>>320889969
>Limited ammo

They literally give you a gun with unlimited ammo.
>>
>>320889604
For someone whose never really cared for star wars, thought the original films were "meh" and the prequels were fucking horrible.. I thought FA was "okay" I'll be sure to see the rest of them, but I'm not going to gush about it.

I was so unamazed by the original trilogy that I haven't bothered to watch them since I was a kid.

All in all, I feel like this was the first star wars movie to actually deserve the "wars" in the title.

Lucas spent so little time on a fleeting battle scenes and so much on melodramatic bullshit acting that it's always bothered me. Especially with the faggy ass prequels.

Kudos to Abrams for not using lens flare too much in this one.
>>
Galactic Battlegrounds

It's Age of Empires 2 with Star Wars paint
>>
>>320890042
I recently picked up Dark Forces and I was wondering if there were mods for it. The base game is kinda blah.

Really? The source code is only NOW becoming public?
>>
File: 1415119303916.png (674 KB, 587x754) Image search: [Google]
1415119303916.png
674 KB, 587x754
>Get Star wars PS4 for christmas
>See it comes with Jedi Starfighter, that I had a ton of fond memories of playing when I was younger.
>Install it
>Can only stomach to get through two levels before shutting it off and never looking back.

What happened /v/? Was it always this shit or did I just grow up?

Despite obviously being old, how are the older X-wing/Tie Fighter games? I'm into flight sims/space shooters, they worth picking up?
>>
>>320890304
>It's Age of Empires 2 with Star Wars paint
It can't be emphasized enough how AoE2 Galactic Battlegrounds is. Zero effort was made to hide the fact it uses AoE2's engine and menu layout, right to the main menu screen.

It's both amazing and also lazy, but the game art still looks great.
>>
SWTOR
>>
>>320890383
Not exactly, its not the source code, but the most prominent fan version of the game is going open source. DarkXL its called. Its basically the best way to play the game currently and its finally going open source which hopefully should result in it becoming a bit more stable. Current (several year old) release runs individual levels of the game perfectly at arbitrary resolutions but it often crashes in between levels.
>>
File: princess.jpg (119 KB, 600x746) Image search: [Google]
princess.jpg
119 KB, 600x746
>>320889315
Ground Battles suck dick, the space battles are awesome. It's Total War style strategy, semi-real time empire building where you build buildings on planets and raise forces before moving them around, then its real time on the ground control in space/ground invasions. No base building during the actual fighting portion.
>>
>>320890687
>Ground Battles suck dick\

Heh, just like in the movies.
>>
>>320890142
That gun is about as powerful as harsh words...and that's against regular enemies.
>>
>>320890396
Starfighter was always one of the weaker star wars flight combat games. Its not horrible but it was always essentially a worse version of rogue squadron. X-Wing/TIE Fighter hold up perfectly fine. In many ways they've never been topped.
>>
>>320890919
>battle of hoth
>bad
pick one
>>
Does /v/ still have a battlefront 2 server?
>>
>>320891332
Oh for fuck sake, it's just as short, flighty and half assed as any of the CGI shit fests of the prequels.

Throughout the entire franchise I found myself thinking "yeah, yeah, blah, blah, blah the force, good and evil blah, blah. Where's the fucking star WAR?"
>>
>>320891158
Which would you suggest?
X-wing alliance or Tie vs X-wing?
>>
>>320892136
TIE > X-Wing = Alliance > XvsT imo.
>>
>>320892136
Start with Tie Fighter.
>>
Who /kotor2isbetter/ here?
>>
>>320891658
Except that the battle actually feels grounded and all of the major characters actually have things to DO in the battle, unlike the prequels where the main characters feel completely irrelevant most of the time.

Its really obnoxious, this new star wars is drawing out all the whiny bitches who think hating the original trilogy makes them interesting. All it makes you is as boring and uninteresting as the film critics of the 70's who thought that Jaws and Star Wars represented the "death of cinema".
>>
File: 1447545981031s.jpg (7 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1447545981031s.jpg
7 KB, 250x250
Shadows of the empire steam release when?
>>
>>320892136
I suggest making sure you have a flight stick.
>>
>>320892729
I like KOTOR2 more but both are pretty good. KOTOR2 is a better RPG with better writing, but KOTOR1 is a better Star Wars game (and it also doesn't require mods to be halfway decent).
>>
>>320892892
>all that effort done in the PC port
They didn't waste time in that one year wait from the N64 release. Shame the environment visuals weren't touched that much.
>>
File: 36fclg.jpg (36 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
36fclg.jpg
36 KB, 500x500
>>320892854
>drawing out all the whiny bitches who think hating the original trilogy makes them interesting. All it makes you is as boring and uninteresting as the film blah blah blah blah

I've always disliked star wars and it always being seen as the pinnacle of a sci-fi story has always pissed me off. There's way better stuff out there, but all I ever hear is "STAR WARS STAR WARS HURRRR"

If anyone is a fucking hipster, it's all the faggots like you that fucking gush about it. It might have encompassed your shitty little childhood, but it's nowhere near as good as you think it.
>>
>>320892854
>who thought that Jaws and Star Wars represented the "death of cinema

It kinda was though. All anything sci-fi these days is generally imitating Star Wars in some manner.
>>
>>320893079
TRAITOR
>>
>>320892892

I take the N64 version doesn't emulate well?
>>
>>320893384
Why are you here?
>>
>>320892892
Never hopefully.

Go back and play it now and tell me it isn't absolute shit. JUST TRY.
>>
File: 1450663044466.webm (3 MB, 720x304) Image search: [Google]
1450663044466.webm
3 MB, 720x304
>>320893536
one of the best scenes in the movie desu
>>
>>320893632
Same reason you are.

I've got nothing better to do.
>>
>>320893538
PC port added CGI cutscenes (with more story background as a result), full voicework, and improved the visuals.

Would suck to miss on that by emulating the old N64 version.
>>
>>320893384
No one but retards consider Star Wars the height of science fiction. They're considered some of the most fun science fiction out there but no one would pretend they're intellectual films. Metropolis, The Manchurian Candidate, Solaris and the Andromeda Strain are intellectual scifi, Star Wars is just fun schlock and no one with half a brain confuses the two.

>>320893503
Except Ex Machina and Mad Max and Primer and Interstellar and Under the Skin. Plenty of non-star warsy scifi comes out. This is only a problem if you only watch blockbusters.
>>
The force unleashed was hilarious so many different ways to use the force and your lightsaber
>>
>>320893690

So what exactly saved Ooga Booga Boyega from getting killed here?
>>
>>320894112
Han and Chewie
>>
>>320893079
>no character development
Eh, it was pretty similar to Han in the OT.
>both want fucknothing to do with the rebellion/resistance
>both have a change of heart when needed at the end
>both save the day when they're needed the most
It'll be interesting to see if it continues along the same trajectory now that she'll be training with Luke. Either way she'll probably get most of her arc next movie. This movie seemed more to set up Kylo's character arc than anything.
>>
>>320894112
han
>>
WHAT VERSION OF BOUNTY HUNTER SHOULD I GET?
>>
>>320894287
Except Han isn't an invincible force user and actually changes in the movie.
Han at first is doing it for money, but at the end is doing it out of a good heart.
Rey, as soon as she doesn't sell the droid, is established as being selfless, so nothing her character does from then on that's selfless matters.

Mary Sue
No development
>>
>>320894287
>Eh, it was pretty similar to Han in the OT.
It had no similarities. Han was actually good.
>both want fucknothing to do with the rebellion/resistance
Han had no issue with the rebellion.
>both have a change of heart when needed at the end
No? Han was at the Death Star, retard.
>both save the day when they're needed the most
Except she did nothing to "save the day."
>This movie seemed more to set up Kylo's character arc than anything.
"herga berga i'm retarded hurrr"

Rey and Han are nothing alike. End your existence, SJW.
>>
>>320889604
It was alright. They did some cool stuff but the pacing was atrocious, and I hate how they basically didn't explain anything that was going on.

I wish they hadn't just rehashed the plot of A New Hope, but it's J,J, Abrams so I expected it to be a lot worse.

See you, Space Cowboy ;_;
>>
>>320886523

movie battles is still a thing?
>>
>>320894542
>Rey and Han are nothing alike. End your existence, SJW.

They are so alike that Chewie loves both of them, Rey knows the Mellenium Falcon inside and out without any prior exposure to it. AND she fucking takes over with Han dead and pilots the ship now.

She's Han's feminist approved replacement.

Stay butthurt, dipshit.
>>
File: d.jpg (76 KB, 600x457) Image search: [Google]
d.jpg
76 KB, 600x457
>>320889604
5 > 4 > 7 > 6 > 3 > 2 > 1
>>
>>320894506
Rey isn't invincible, though. She was only able to beat Kylo because Finn nicked him a few times and, more importantly, Chewie nailed him in the chest in what was one of my favorite moments. Really Kylo seems like an incompetent sith whose only real dangerous trait is that he can take a shitload of punishment.

It kind of explains that saber of his when you think about it; he has no clue what the fuck he's doing so his saber's a cobbled mess.

Also in the movie she kept trying to go home, even when offered a job. Especially after touching Luke's saber. It's only when she gets caught by Kylo and shit goes to hell that she decides to stay.

That being said I fucking loved the Han & Chewie banter.

>dealing with the two gangs
>one says han crossed them twice
>han argues he didn't
>they insist he did
>that fucking quick frame of chewie nodding in agreement
>>
File: 1421276174571.jpg (109 KB, 480x1084) Image search: [Google]
1421276174571.jpg
109 KB, 480x1084
>>320895024
>Rey knows the Mellenium Falcon inside and out without any prior exposure to it.

But that's not true, it was heavily implied that she spent a lot of time sneaking into it and messing around. How else would she know where exactly the turret was and about the capacitor.
>>
>>320889969
I've been replaying it and it's not as good as I remember. I'm persisting though. One of the things that annoys me is that it has bump mapping, which I thought was cool as shit for a game that old (STALKER is the only other game I could think of doing it at the time). However, the game won't run on older systems unless you put in on the low setting, which makes the effect non-existent.
>>
HOL UP SENPAI

How was Rey able to use a Jedi Mind Trick to convince the Stormtrooper to release her?
>>
>they got brienne from game of memes for nothing other than for meme bait for SJWs
Fucking hate movies this gen. They used to be so much better back when people cared.
>>
>>320889604
The movie was average. It didn't help that it basically rehashed the plot of episode 4 and there were so many headscratchers that they detract from enjoyment of the film.
>>
The new movie pretty much confirmed KOTOR as canon so play those games
>>
>>320889969
Do you really need some replies arent you
>>
>>320895476
Considering Luke's memories from his saber, she actually DID get some training, she just never bothered using it in the desert.

Plus she's pretty obviously a Skywalker, so she should be crazy strong in the force, so a Mind Trick would probably be a bit more potent from that.
>>
>>320895406
Literally fucking NONE of that was openly implied in the film.

The first you see of the fucking ship itself is when they need a convenient getaway vehicle.

It's like you haven't even seen the movie.
>>
What Star Wars game can I play where an iconic character dies like a little bitch?
>>
>>320895641
Honestly there was a lot of stuff missing.

I have a feeling there's an extended edition in the works.
>>
>>320887141
You can't fly the gunship against ground targets in 2.

It's absolutely vital for a true Geonosis experience
>>
Tie Fighter, Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy are my favorites.
>>
>>
>>320894447
PS4.
>>
>>320885902
Knights of the Old Republic 2 is the best Star Wars plot outside of the movies (and probably a better plot than some of them anyway), so go with that.

Jedi Knight 2 is solid as well
>>
File: 1428609380117.jpg (67 KB, 850x939) Image search: [Google]
1428609380117.jpg
67 KB, 850x939
>How'd you get this lightsaber from my boy Luke who got his hand cut off in Bespin?
>There is another time for that :^)
>>
>starkiller base
Isnt starkiller the name of the mc in force unleashed? Is that a reference?
>>
>>320895751
What? It's not on PS4.
>>
>>320895773
Really, the Star Wars movies have shakier plots than the fucking bible.
>>
>>320895796
they're both a reference to the fact that luke's last name was originally going to be starkiller
>>
>>320895316
No. She was getting pressured and was backed up to the cliff's edge until Kylo Rem mentioned the Force and gave her a moment of self-reflection. In other words, it's bullshit that she managed to win.

They were setting up Kylo as the most threatening shit that side of the galaxy and you interpreted him as being incompetent?
>>
>why is there a map
>who's in power, republic or new order?
>was that coruscant dat got blowed up?
>why is there a map to luke
>where'd that lukesaber come from?
>why is mary sue such a rey?
>>
>>320895641
>Running towards the skyhopper.
>Fin: What about that one?
>Rey: That's junk! (Implying she is familiar with it)
>Skyhopper is blown up, they run to the Falcon.
>The second they step in, she immediately points downwards, tells Fin the turret is that way.
>Run right ot the cockpit.
>Brings up the capacitor with Solo
>Knows the very particular history of the ship

It's like you don't have any sense of deduction.
>>
>>320895796
Luke Skywalkers name in the original trilogy was set to be Luke Starkiller.
>>
>>320895886
PS2 emulator. Runs the game better than the actual console did.
>>
>>320895773
Yeah, because it was so much better in the EU. It's retarded here and was retarded there too.
>>
>>320895974
>>320896030
Oh, didnt know that

Thanks
>>
>>320895745
Holy shit this
>that hype when you go into lego city for the first time
>>
>bought battlefront like a naive asshole
>drop during launch week
>play again once during Jakku launch
>still not fun
>boot up the game again for double xp, finally unlock scout trooper
>uninstall

There seriously needs to be another empire-centric shooter. Ideally in third person so I can see how neat I look as I burn down rebels.
>>
>>320895624
The question is how the concept of the Jedi mind trick even occurred to her in the first place, and which we'll never know unless it's revealed that Luke taught her that before she was abandoned on Jakku. In the meantime, it remains an egregious plothole.
>>
File: my eyes.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
my eyes.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
Friend's trying to draw me into SWTOR after breaking from FFXIV.
Gameplay seems inoffensively generic but fuck is everything ugly. 99% of gear looks bland as hell. From what I've read of reviews it's so easy there's barely any need to party.Digging to find any positive point beyond that there's voice acting.
>>
>>320896016
>Trying this hard to avoid the fact that Rey is Han's strong female no nonsense, feminist approved protagonist.

Stay buttmad, fag.
>>
>>320895554
not denying it, but how so?
>>
>>320889604

It was okay

Rey was too good at everything though.

Kylo Ren was /v/ incarnate.
>>
>>320893690
My fucking god. This looks like the low quality shit youtuber would make.
>>
TRAITOR
>>
>>320886523
Not canon. I'm not playing that.
>>
>>320896339
>*Replacement*
>>
>>320895796
Luke Skywalker's name was Anakin Starkiller in the original Star Wars script. Force Unleashed is a reference to that. It's also only in the game because it was his working title name and they originally wanted a Darth moniker for him but Lucas was an ass about it.

>>320896016
>Knows the very particular history of the ship
>'This is the MILLENNIUM FALCON?!' When she meets Han and Chewwie for the first time

Stop pulling shit out your ass. I don't need to be intimate with a car to know if it's a piece of shit or not.
>>
>>320896151
>getting over 3,000 stud multipliers
>>
>>320896320
I mean Rilo Kiley tried to break into her mind with Force powers, so she probably just figured she could do the same if she tried hard enough.

Kinda bullshit that she could though. Unless Daniel Craig-trooper was the most incompetent stormtrooper since Captain Phasma.
>>
>>320895984
>No. She was getting pressured and was backed up to the cliff's edge until Kylo Rem mentioned the Force and gave her a moment of self-reflection.
Yeah, after Kylo had already been weakened.
>They were setting up Kylo as the most threatening shit that side of the galaxy and you interpreted him as being incompetent?
Yes. To count.
>literally, LITERALLY worships vader's helmet
>goes into a manchild tantrum whenever shit doesn't go his way
>lets his boner for rey get in the way of doing his job
>has an unstable as fuck saber
>displays NONE of the traditional dark side abilities
>fails to deflect a blaster bolt and gets nailed in the chest for it
>actually takes some hits from a literal stormtrooper who has had zero lightsaber training
>supreme smeagol outright says he's still in training
They should've just let him complete the map and go find Luke.
>>
>>320896016
>>Rey: That's junk! (Implying she is familiar with it)

Or maybe it was just a joke about how the Falcon is called a piece of junk and routinely fucked up in Empire.
>>
>>320896448
Yeah but nothing is canon anymore but the movies. So you're pretty much fucked in that regard
>>
>>320896448
Nothing is "canon" anymore you stupid faggot.
>>
File: 1450657973827.jpg (269 KB, 627x886) Image search: [Google]
1450657973827.jpg
269 KB, 627x886
>tfw your waifu got thrown into the trash
>>
>>320896016
Adding to this, the flashback she had when touching the light-saber had shown her being given to that one alien who owned the MF. It's entirely possible she was forced to work on it at some point or another.
>>
>>320896581
He is supposed to be like in his early 20s or something, so I guess he's going through late space puberty. Plus he did just kill his dad so he's probably not in a great emotional state
>>
>>320889604
It was ok, it looked great and some of the nostalgia winks were okay, but goddamn if those fucking characters didn't felt like cardboard cut-outs, also the story is rushed to shit, people keep talking about how it's the original Star Wars all over again, but look deep within the lines, people. This is all 3 fucking films condensed into one big mess.

Ray and Finn a fucking shit.
>>
Why does Kylo Ren look like a Hispanic down syndrome son of Severus Snape with horse teeth?
>>
File: 1325406215890.jpg (7 KB, 228x232) Image search: [Google]
1325406215890.jpg
7 KB, 228x232
>>320896448
>Much canon
>>
>>320896581
That doesn't mean he's incompetent, retard.
>They should've just let him complete the map and go find Luke.
And the First Order just won. Good job.
>>
>>320896860
Leia snorted tons of deathsticks while pregnant with him
>>
>>320893690

You know what I didn't like?

This Finn guy sees one of his "friends" (or so it seemed) die, he then realized stormtroops were evil so he SUDDENLY had a change of heart, but that didn't stop him from mercilessly killing his own former friends with no second thought, but, you might think "THEY'RE EVIL", but, are they? In this scene you can see the trooper drop his gun and have a melee battle for the sake of honor, he's heartbroken, he just saw his former friend killing another one without even holding back. Finn states that stormtroops are kidnapped or robbed from their parents at a very young age by the empire, if that's the case, the troops are practically following a cult or religion almost from birth, witch begs the question, are stormtroopers truly evil when evil is all they know? Also, if that was the case with Finn, how did he change his mind so SUDDENLY? I felt bad for the troopers in this film, actually, would've been better if they had developed them a bit more or maybe had Finn have second thoughts or have him want to find a way to save his fellow troopers instead of having him think of his own safety, he seemed selfish to me except for the part of "OMG I'M IN LOVE WITH MARY SUE I GOTTA SAVE HER" Don't get me started on her.

>She's an expert pilot
>She's also a mechanic
>She's also loved by Han Solo minutes after meeting her for the firs time
>Despite knowing jackshit of the force whe mind controls a stormtrooper in that silly "I'm gonna let you live and stay here with ALMOST NO SUPERVISION"
>SUDDENLY holds her own against a Sith, DESPITE not even using a lightsaber ONCE (they have no weight as her staff) He was no master but he fucking stopped a bullet midair and held it there for a fuckass long time, even if he was wounded, that should't have stopped him from fucking killing her in one or two moves.
>SHE NOW TRAINS WITH LUKE

She's just too perfect, what the shit?
>>
File: exactly40.png (260 KB, 358x310) Image search: [Google]
exactly40.png
260 KB, 358x310
>>320896860
I think that's just the actors face, anon.

Dunno though.. Could be wrong.
>>
>>320896860
Honestly the movie would've been much better if he and Domnhall Gleeson just switched parts. Gleeson is a much better actor than that weenis from Girls.
>>
>>320896763
>>320896763

Oh boy that's hot

I want to see her get compacted if ya know what I mean
>>
File: mundi.gif (923 KB, 213x213) Image search: [Google]
mundi.gif
923 KB, 213x213
>>320896581
>fails to deflect a blaster bolt and gets nailed in the chest for it
Hear that, anons? Jedi Council Master Ki Adi Mundi's an incompetent moron according to this shitposter.
>>
>>320896917
KEK
>>
>>320896985
Don't ask those questions, those are way too complex for a blockbuster Hollywood picture, especially a Star Wars one.
>>
File: X-wing.png (727 KB, 1088x816) Image search: [Google]
X-wing.png
727 KB, 1088x816
>Developers of X-Wing and Tie Fighter also did Secret Weapons Over Normandy
>Eventually slipped into making iphone games
>Shut down this year
>This was there website

http://www.totallygames.com/

RIP you brilliant bastards
>>
>>320896448
none of the video games are canon except the movie adaptations, and ea's battlefront.
>>
>>320896985
>This Finn guy sees one of his "friends" (or so it seemed) die, he then realized stormtroops were evil so he SUDDENLY had a change of heart, but that didn't stop him from mercilessly killing his own former friends with no second though
I don't know, man. Poe's pretty good at getting you hyped.
>>
>>320897174
Nobody gives a fuck about Ki Adi Mundi or anyone or anything from the prequels.
>>
>>320896985
Preemptive self defense. And yes they're evil.
>>
>>320897174
Yeah but he was getting blasted by a bunch of dudes at once, whereas Kylo was just standing there and let Chewbie shoot him.

Plus the prequels weren't exactly bastions of good screenwriting, and if they needed all the Jedis to be killed off, then they'd job it to anything.
>>
File: 1450585430505.png (118 KB, 320x508) Image search: [Google]
1450585430505.png
118 KB, 320x508
What are some games where I can defeat TRAITORS?
>>
>>320897268
>none of the video games are canon except the movie adaptations

Does this mean Super Star Wars is finally canon?
>>
>>320885902

Kotor and Kotor 2 are fucking great.

Don't hold out any hope for newer Star Wars games though. They gave the rights to EA of all companies.

Just look at Battlefront. All flash and zero substance. Expect a whole lot more of that.
>>
I got battlefield 4 instead of battlefront and been liking it so far, what map pack you guys recommend?
>>
File: 1358201390463.jpg (42 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1358201390463.jpg
42 KB, 500x375
>>320885902
Man, just that poster alone is enough to pump me up while the newer ones don't. What went so wrong?
>>
>>320898343
Nostalgia
>>
>>320897524
TRAITOR
>>
>>320898443
This.
>>
Play SWTOR it's actually pretty good.
>>
>>320898343
Part of the magic of the original Star Wars was that they made it with no budget and by a bunch of amateurs but it still managed to be a great movie despite the deck being hugely stacked against it. Plus it paints in such broad strokes (compare the completely non-specific Empire to the more concrete First Order, and the ominous-sounding Death Star to the named-by-a-focus-group Starkiller Base) that makes it sort of a timeless hero's journey/parable about good versus evil.

Meanwhile Force Awakens had an infinite budget and an unstoppable hype machine while trying (and I mean really /trying/) to capture that old magic. Lightning doesn't strike twice, even if you make a $150 million lightning-strike-replicator machine.

That, and what >>320898443 said.
>>
>>320898343
Probably just nostalgia. Drew Struzan is still painting them.
>>
>>320896985
She's a Skywalker. Skywalkers have always been retardedly talented.
>She's an expert pilot
>She's also a mechanic
Skywalker traits. Anakin was able to win a podrace and blow up a Trade Federation capital ship. Luke is considered a Rebel legend because he blew up the Death Star. Anakin made C3PO. Owen and Beru asked Luke to upkeep the droids they got.
>She's also loved by Han Solo minutes after meeting her for the firs time
Han might've recognized her and just didn't say anything (maybe Luke asked him not to or something). I doubt he wanted to keep her closeby on the Falcon cause he thought she was cute or anything.

Otherwise, I got nothing for this.
>Despite knowing jackshit of the force whe mind controls a stormtrooper in that silly "I'm gonna let you live and stay here with ALMOST NO SUPERVISION"
This one you might have me on. Depends on how much training she got before Luke dumped her on Jakku.
>SUDDENLY holds her own against a Sith, DESPITE not even using a lightsaber ONCE (they have no weight as her staff) He was no master but he fucking stopped a bullet midair and held it there for a fuckass long time, even if he was wounded, that should't have stopped him from fucking killing her in one or two moves.
Shot in the chest, hit a few times from a saber, and pretty clearly has a boner for her and was probably holding back in the hopes he could convert and fuck her.
>SHE NOW TRAINS WITH LUKE
And? Luke's our Yoda. That one's kind of like
>watch the prequels first
>watch the OT
>WOW WHY IS THIS BLONDE FAG TRAINING WITH YODA
>>
>>320898935
>Shot in the chest, hit a few times from a saber, and pretty clearly has a boner for her and was probably holding back in the hopes he could convert and fuck her.
Also I should add that it was pretty clear at times that Ren didn't really seem to know what he was doing. Especially with the Luke part. The guy actually thought he could finish the map, fly on over, and kill himself a Jedi Grand Master.
>>
File: Drew-Struzan-Star-Wars-Posters1.jpg (338 KB, 984x1000) Image search: [Google]
Drew-Struzan-Star-Wars-Posters1.jpg
338 KB, 984x1000
>>320898902
Something definitely is different but I don't know how to put it
>>
>>320898935
>actually defending this meme sjw bait
AWAY AWAY, AWAY TO REDDIT WITH THEE
>>
>>320898714
>starkiller
>a reference to the original script of Star Wars
>named-by-a-focus-group
>>
>>320899115
>The guy actually thought he could finish the map, fly on over, and kill himself a Jedi Grand Master.
There's no evidence to say he couldn't.
>>
>>320885902
KotOR 1 and 2
Jedi Knight/Outcast/Academy
Super Star Wars trilogy if you're up for a challenge
>>
>>320899386
By which I mean that like, something like the Death Star sounds like it's a myth that's always been there. Meanwhile Starkiller Base sounds like a bunch of First Order dudes were sitting around saying "so, we need a cool name for our giant super death ray planet...let's hear some pitches, folks!"

I know that it's a reference to the original SW script, but that almost makes it worse, because it seems like JJ was like "see guys? I'm throwing you a bone! I know a thing or two about Star Wars too!"
>>
>>320894506

Did you miss the entire fucking cantina sequence or something? Where she throws everything up in the air and says "fuck this shit, I'm gone"?

What do you call that? being selfless?
>>
Lemme guess... Rey is obviously Luke's daughter, but GASP THERE IS NO MOTHER!!! JUST LIKE Anakin HAD NO DAD!!!!

SHE JUST BUDDED FROM LUKES DICK LIKE SOME KIND OF PLANT!!!!!1111oneoneone.
>>
>>320900290
Probably. Luke having children is a retarded plot point and I'm glad the EU never did it.
>>
>>320900290
>JUST LIKE Anakin HAD NO DAD!!!!
I always figured that just meant that like Anakin's mom was raped or something (she was a slave after all) but they couldn't exactly say that in a kid's movie.
>>
>>320899230

prequels posters were more colorful and slightly more photorealsitic.

That's it,
>>
Dark Forces/Jedi Knight games.
>>
Rey is strong because she's a Skywalker.

But Kylo is also a Skywalker with training.

Maybe he just got the recessive genes like Liquid Snake, bravo JJ Abrams.
>>
>>320896854

You take that back about Finn you monster.
>>
>>320900704
I'm still in the "Rey is not a skywalker" boat. But that is just me.
>>
>>320900704
>>320901461

Obi-wan kenobi's grand child. Screen shot it. Obi wan talks to her when she touches the light saber the first time. They are trying to throw everyone off the tail with the obvious Luke's daughter.
>>
>>320896016
>>320895406
You know why the prequels (partially) were so criticized?
Because they said, instead of showed. Show me, don't tell me.

TFA is not even better than Returns.
>>
>>320901667
Maybe but when would he have ever gotten the chance to fuck anybody? Although I guess being a hermit on Tatooine for 30 years he probably could've gotten some strange.

But then if he's just chilling on Tatooine, why would she have grown up an orphan on some other desert planet?
>>
As bad as the prequels are, and as bad as 99% of the characters in the prequels are, it's still sad that Obi-Wan sans episode 2 and 3 is still much more likeable than fucking Rey.
>>
File: Le happy Sheev.jpg (12 KB, 341x407) Image search: [Google]
Le happy Sheev.jpg
12 KB, 341x407
>yfw Kylo Ren ends up being light side in the final movie
>yfw Rey ends up dark side
>>
>>320901667
why would she react to luke/anakin's lightsaber then?

I would say she reacted to the lightsaber because she is a skywalker, and because obi wan trained the other jedi skywalkers, he will train her too

I don't think the obiwan daughter is the worst idea though
>>
>>320900704
And? Ben is a skywalker too.
Stop this "it's le okay for Rey to be a mary sue" meme
>>
>>320900221
She did that because of PTSD flashbacks, the worst and most JJ Abrams (aka shit) type of twist in cinema history.
>>
>Tfw never played KoToR
>Want to play it, but busy with Xenoblade Chronicles X, Fallout 4, Roller Coaster Tycoon2 (Always and Forever)
>Plus I wanted to watch the movies before I see Ep7 next week

Fug
>>
>>320902218
>why would she react to luke/anakin's lightsaber then?

Obi-Wan secretly fucked Padme between Episode 1 and 2
>>
>>320901667
But Anakin showed that you can't fuck AND be a Jedi at the same time and not become a sith.

It felt like the prequels were just an over the top celibacy campaign.
>>
>>320885902

Battlefront 2, KOTOR, Jedi Knight, Jedi Academy
>>
>>320902218
>>320902007

It would have to be his grand daughter to make sense since she's clearly quite young in this. He could have gotten some strange in his hermit times, but it would still have to be a retcon on his character.

It could maybe still be Luke's daughter but maybe Obi-wan had a daughter we didn't know about and that daughter and Luke had Rey. It might be used as the justification on why she is such a Mary Sue and so powerful because it would be the merging of two great Jedi families.
>>
>>320902194
is rey the black guy?Why would they change sides?
>>
>>320902171

To be fair Obi-Wan was by far the best prequel character.
>>
>>320902194

>the SJW butthurt if little Mary Sue wasn't perfect

I think that'd be an interesting twist. I hope Kylo is never redeemed. Would be a lot more interesting but if he is, having it be because Rey fell would be awesome
>>
>>320902646
>maybe Obi-wan had a daughter we didn't know about
If they tried to pull that everyone everywhere would cry foul. That would be like making what's-his-name from Force Unleashed canon.
>>
>>320896448
nigga...nothing is canon anymore. fuck off with that.
>>
>>320900704
It's not that Kylo is weaker by nature, he's weaker because he uses his powers wrong. Your connection and access to the force is linked through your emotions and your emotional state. It's a little different for everyone, but obviously being fully light side your force connection is empowered by your selflessness, your courage/bravery, and things like your confidence.

Being in the dark side you mostly get your powers through selfishness/greed, anger and rage, your devotion, etc. Kylo wants to be all of that but he's a wimp and a coward, he feels the light call to him and is not sure he has the strength to fight it. He mostly just gets his strength from raw anger as seen with his temper tantrums. He's currently no match for someone like Rey who gets her strength from confidence, a strong belief, courage etc. He'll get stronger in the next movies i'm sure.
>>
>>320895624
The movie spends so much time trying to hint at it without saying it that she's almost guaranteed not Luke's daughter. Expect her to be Snoke/Plagueis's child or some shit when all comes to pass.
>>
>>320902928
Battlefront is canon :^)
Thread replies: 184
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.